Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Urgent Advise Need Please!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urgent Advise Need Please!!! (447 Views)

Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC / "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others / Return Home, Militants Advise South-east, South South Indigenes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advise Need Please!!! by stillchris: 9:32am On Dec 17, 2015
I just got a job that pays better than my current one (although they haven't called me but my inside source has confirmed I'm among the list of those to Be taken and that it will be till next year).

Let me start from where my confusion began so you can understand.

My current job is based on contract (project supervisor) and when there is no project I don't get paid so I started an industrial cleaning business to fetch me money on the side.

During my interview with this company I was honest with them about the nature of my job and how I also do the cleaning job too, but I didn't tell them that I own the business.

Last night I got a call from my insider in the company that the boss( who also interviewed me) wants a maintenance cleaning at his home as his family will be returning soon for Christmas.
Since he knows I run the biz, he had to call me.

Now my confusion is:

1) Will my taking the contract affect my recruitment since the person who owns the house knows me? As per conflict of interest. Although I told them about it during the interview

Passing the job to someone else will still require my presence as per negotiations process as I don't want to be cheated from getting my commission.

So one way or the other, I still have to be there.

Abeg I need some professional advise as I don't want to lose a good opportunity as this company is one you can grow a nice career with.

lalasticlala abeg help me put am for the appropriate place
Re: Urgent Advise Need Please!!! by agarawu23(m): 9:34am On Dec 17, 2015

1) Will my taking the contract affect my recruitment since the person who owns the house knows me? As per conflict of interest. Although I told them about it during the interview

Stop bordering yourself bro
You didnt lied about your cleaning business, so why are u confused? This opportunity might even give u a upper hand with the boss.

You know in Nigeria, if you are close to 'bosses' u get things easily without stress

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advise Need Please!!! by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 17, 2015
Business is business, forget about the job you've not started and do the cleaning job.

(1) (Reply)

PDP, One Big Happy Family In The South-south Region Of The Country. / Gunmen Abduct Governor Dickson’s 26-year Old Sister / Aisha Buhari Hosts End Of The Year Gathering Of Social Media Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.