Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

The Disadvantages Of Electronic Banking - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Disadvantages Of Electronic Banking (6768 Views)

Nigeria’s Largest Electronic Manufacturing, Assembly Plant Launched / Advantages and Disadvantages Of Fixed Deposits / Online Store For All Sorts Of Electronic Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Disadvantages Of Electronic Banking by kingphilip(m): 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
This is a follow up of a previous thread here which talks about 5 reasons why we should use e-banking. https://www.nairaland.com/2807571/5-reasons-why-should-use#41091473

A saying goes whatever have a merit must surely have a demerit which the op failed to thrash in the above thread..

so below are the disadvantages of e-banking

There are disadvantages to banking online.
Nowadays, almost every banking transaction---that
once had to be done in person---can be done over
the Internet. Despite the advantages of online
banking, such as saving trips to a local bank and
avoiding long lines, a considerable number of
people still prefer the more traditional form of
banking in person. Often, the reasons stem from
disadvantages that are incurred when banking
online.
Internet Connection:Not everyone enjoys the luxury of having a stable and fast Internet connection at home. Aside from having a personal computer or laptop, having stable Internet access at home is a basic prerequisite to performing electronic banking. Of course, people can always use a public computer with Internet access; however, the security of public computers is always a concern.

Computer Know-How: Conducting a successful electronic banking transaction, like paying bills online, requires basic computer skills and knowing your way around the Internet. Being computer-literate is not common to everyone---especially seniors who might not have grown up using computers---and this is a major disadvantage to electronic banking.

Delayed Statements When performing online banking there is not a standard at which payments made will show up on your online bank statements; they might show up two to three days later, depending upon the bank. When banking in person, you can generally get the exact status of your bank account.

Security Concerns: One of the biggest disadvantages of doing electronic banking is the question of security. With the prevalence of keyloggers, phishing emails, trojans and other online threats, it is natural for people to be concerned with the security of their identity, funds and electronic banking transactions. Using antivirus and similar programs is not full-proof. People worry that their bank accounts can be hacked and accessed without their knowledge or that the funds they transfer may not reach the intended recipients. Although it is rare nowadays with enhanced security measures, these threats still exist.

Loss of Human Touch: Some people still value talking and interacting with bank tellers, managers and other bank clients. Electronic banking takes the majority of these "human interactions" away, leaving the banking experience as a very hands-off, impersonal process.

source: http://www.google.com.ng/search?client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new&q=advantages+and+disadvantages+of+e+banking&revid=1259795856&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj67tvQj-PJAhVGcQ8KHVaUBy8Q1QIIJigB

cc: lalasticlala
Re: The Disadvantages Of Electronic Banking by IsaacBuchi(m): 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
What is online banking? Frankly, that thing is scary jor. Why do I bank online when I can pay when you deliver? Anyway with the alarming fraud level in Nigeria caution is just the wise words.

By the way I dedicate my first ever FTC to all my nairaland competitors like introvert, ladyf, airforce1, acidosis etc....muah muah muah grincheesycheesy
Re: The Disadvantages Of Electronic Banking by eluquenson(m): 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
Hmm...counter thread i guess. All your assertions can't outweigh the benefits of E-banking.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Electronic Banking by MrKong: 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
Only machos can relate

Re: The Disadvantages Of Electronic Banking by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2015
OP, what is your definition of eBanking?

First answer this, then i respond

All what you wrote are not disadvantages but just fear that people have. People who do not want to explore. People who want to remain in 1990 and not 2016.

Many do not even know the difference between Paying Online with a Debit Card and a Traditional eBanking Activity grin
Re: The Disadvantages Of Electronic Banking by Acidosis(m): 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
IsaacBuchi:
What is online banking? Frankly, that thing is scary jor. Why do I bank online when I can pay when you deliver? Anyway with the alarming fraud level in Nigeria caution is just the wise words.

By the way I dedicate my first ever FTC to all my nairaland competitors like introvert, ladyf, airforce1, acidosis etc....muah muah muah grincheesycheesy

wait oooh, are you m or f?

(1) (Reply)

80% Of Nigerian Businesses Do Bribes - World-Bank / I Resigned From A Forex Brokerage Firm; Falsehood Of Some Brokers / Business N500,000 Can Start And Succeed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.