Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas (2110 Views)

Call For Your Tokunbo Engines Or Any Spare Parts For Your Motor. / Outrageous Custom Duties, Any Real Way To Calculate Accurate Duty On Cars?? / Duties On Tokunbo Cars To Be Reduced - Kemi Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas by Ladipodeal: 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
I noticed more Custom Officers have been deployed on some interstate route which were free before now. Road such as Oyo-Ogbomoso and Iwo - Oshogbo road are being manned now.
If your Tokunbo car is neat and less than two years better check the custom payment status before embarking on any journey this period. Non payment of custom duties means your car will be impounded, no amount of plea will save such car. If you are lucky they might take bribe which is always outrageous and such bribe won't save you from other custom zonal team.
Re: Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:59am On Dec 18, 2015
Very wise post.

This is front page material but it will never get there.

2 Likes

Re: Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas by colossus2: 7:39am On Dec 18, 2015
God bless you OP.
Re: Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas by paix(m): 6:55pm On Dec 18, 2015
If your Tokunbo car is neat and less than two years better check the custom payment status
[/quote] How do you do that?
Re: Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas by paix(m): 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ladipodeal:
I noticed more Custom Officers have been deployed on some interstate route which were free before now. Road such as Oyo-Ogbomoso and Iwo - Oshogbo road are being manned now.
If your Tokunbo car is neat and less than two years better check the custom payment status before embarking on any journey this period. Non payment of custom duties means your car will be impounded, no amount of plea will save such car. If you are lucky they might take bribe which is always outrageous and such bribe won't save you from other custom zonal team.
How can I check the payment status?
Re: Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas by Ladipodeal: 5:39am On Dec 19, 2015
paix:
How can I check the payment status?
You can check at any custom zonal office or port it is cleared from. Some people on nairaland can check for you if you provide your C number.
Re: Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 19, 2015
Ladipodeal:

You can check at any custom zonal office or port it is cleared from. Some people on nairaland can check for you if you provide your C number.
2 qtns pls.
1. How can I locate my C number ?
2. Are you saying if the car is older than 2 years customs do not have a right to impound it whether it has custom paper or not ?

Please enlighten me.
Re: Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas by lourash(m): 8:16am On Dec 20, 2015
Guitarlife:
2 qtns pls.
1. How can I locate my C number ?
2. Are you saying if the car is older than 2 years customs do not have a right to impound it whether it has custom paper or not ?

Please enlighten me.

You can get your custom number on your custom papers
Not that they don't impound any year , but seems like they are more concerned with some period and with your registration number they can easily tell when u registered your vehicle and trust me they are everywhere on the road going through ibadan to Abuja ,that I am sure of
Re: Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas by airlord2020: 10:10am On Dec 20, 2015
Re: Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 20, 2015
lourash:

You can get your custom number on your custom papers
Not that they don't impound any year , but seems like they are more concerned with some period and with your registration number they can easily tell when u registered your vehicle and trust me they are everywhere on the road going through ibadan to Abuja ,that I am sure of
please how can I get the C number on the custom paper ? Please direct me.
Re: Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas by buchichukwu69: 4:57am On Dec 26, 2015
Please what is the significance of the less than two years that you added? I ask because my car is more than two years old. Thanks.
Ladipodeal:
If your Tokunbo car is neat and[b] less than two years[/b] better check the custom payment status before embarking on any journey this period. Non payment of custom duties means your car will be impounded, no amount of plea will save such car. If you are lucky they might take bribe which is always outrageous and such bribe won't save you from other custom zonal team.
Re: Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas by Ladipodeal: 6:35am On Dec 26, 2015
buchichukwu69:
Please what is the significance of the less than two years that you added? I ask because my car is more than two years old. Thanks.
Custom officials most times overlook cars that have spent over 2 years in Nigeria.
Re: Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas by buchichukwu69: 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
Thanks
Ladipodeal:

Custom officials most times overlook cars that have spent over 2 years in Nigeria.
Re: Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas by lonelydora: 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
Please i need clarification here. Why do people carry those custom papers in their vehicles? I don't have those papers in car apart from the normal particulars i know police will demand for.

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of 5W30 / Type Of Oil To Use In Small I Better Pass My Nieghnour Gen / Why You Need A Rear Wheel Cars Not These Japanese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.