Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,357 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions (46148 Views)

JAMB Orders All Institutions To End 2017 Admissions January 25 / Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta 2016/2017 Screen Exercise Form Is Out / 2016/2017 Direct Entry, Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta, FUNAAB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by dam4wummy(m): 12:09am On Jul 07, 2016
I was unable to click on the UTME ish on the first page of registration, did anyone else experienced such?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by kaysy(m): 12:37am On Jul 07, 2016
If you're in Lagos, visit our office at Shop 14, Bakassi Hall, Yabatech for FUNAAB 2016/17 UTME Screening registration, come with 1 passport foto. Everything will cost N3,500 Only
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Orestino(m): 7:19am On Jul 07, 2016
dam4wummy:
I was unable to click on the UTME ish on the first page of registration, did anyone else experienced such?
yes you can't click on it.. you can't edit the information supplied by jamb

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by garlicrey(m): 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
Guys my registration is complete...... But I have wrong combination.. For computer science ...can I still be admitted.. Its eng phy math and bio
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Christty(f): 10:30am On Jul 08, 2016
Guys, please I scored 192 in Jamb and I want to study accounting in Funaab and the cut off mark is 200 also in my waec result I have p7 in English all other subjects are ok. Pls, advice on what to do. My first Choice is Funaab. Thanks
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 08, 2016
garlicrey:
Guys my registration is complete...... But I have wrong combination.. For computer science ...can I still be admitted.. Its eng phy math and bio
Guy dat my combination too
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by garlicrey(m): 11:16am On Jul 08, 2016
Jibola245:
has thank God no be only me..hafa make we talk 09030570125 whatapp me
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by MhizVeronica(f): 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
Jibola245:

Read funaab procedure, no space for wrong combination

i advise you sek someone there for more info abt it
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Bimffo(m): 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
Christty:
Guys, please I scored 192 in Jamb and I want to study accounting in Funaab and the cut off mark is 200 also in my waec result I have p7 in English all other subjects are ok. Pls, advice on what to do. My first Choice is Funaab. Thanks

I am sorry, but I just have to go straight to the point, there is no need saying 'one god somewhere will do it.'

Okay, if it was a science course, You could still have a chance, but accounting in Funaab with this result? Just apply for change of institution.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by garlicrey(m): 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
MhizVeronica:

Read funaab procedure, no space for wrong combination

i advise you sek someone there for more info abt it
big lie...What does "Wrong Subject Combination" imply?
Solution
In a bid to ensure an even playing ground for all candidates, Universities have a guideline for list of subjects and possible combinations candidate interested in various courses should sit for at the UTME. Wrong Subject Combination imply the subjects a candidate sat for is at variance with the required subject combinations for the course. UTME subject combination requirement for all courses offered by Nigerian University are accessible from the JAMB eBrochure CD given to candidate on registration. A stripped down version of the <a href="http://www.unaab.edu.ng/attachments/Admission%20Requirements.pdf" target="_blank" title="JAMB Brochure - FUNAAB page">UTME Brochure exclusively for FUNAAB</a> is available on our website.
Candidates with wrong subject combination are NOT barred from participating in the Pre-Admission Screening Exercise. In fact, they may be offered at alternative course whose subject combination aligns with the subjects taken
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by pseudonomer: 7:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
Christty:

According to this result there is no way in, even to any course in FUNAAB. You can't be admitted to FUNAAB with P7 or D7 in English, You will need at least C6. I will advise to go resit for another O'level Exam, if you are actually serious about attending any Federal University in Nigeria. Even if you know the VC, D7 in English is bad.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by pseudonomer: 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
garlicrey:
big lie...What does "Wrong Subject Combination" imply?
Solution
In a bid to ensure an even playing ground for all candidates, Universities have a guideline for list of subjects and possible combinations candidate interested in various courses should sit for at the UTME. Wrong Subject Combination imply the subjects a candidate sat for is at variance with the required subject combinations for the course. UTME subject combination requirement for all courses offered by Nigerian University are accessible from the JAMB eBrochure CD given to candidate on registration. A stripped down version of the <a href="http://www.unaab.edu.ng/attachments/Admission%20Requirements.pdf" target="_blank" title="JAMB Brochure - FUNAAB page">UTME Brochure exclusively for FUNAAB</a> is available on our website.
Candidates with wrong subject combination are NOT barred from participating in the Pre-Admission Screening Exercise. In fact, they may be offered at alternative course whose subject combination aligns with the subjects taken

Just check the first page of this thread/Topic. The Admission requirement for every course is there.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by pseudonomer: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
Jibola245:

Wrong Combination is an issue in FUNAAB Admissions, It is better for you to have the correct combination for CSC and Find yourself in PBST(Which has different UTME subjects for admission) than to have wrong combination for CSC.

For sure, you can't be admitted to Computer Science, and you need Luck, God, god, VC Power or whatever you believe in to get admitted to other less courses(Which is less than 5% chance).
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by 9rad(m): 7:56pm On Jul 08, 2016
undecided
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by garlicrey(m): 8:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
pseudonomer:

Just check the first page of this thread/Topic. The Admission requirement for every course is there.
so what's the way forward now sir
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Tohbaiy: 10:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
I'm a predite and I have just completed my registration.....For the jambites,management courses are very competitive buh if your jamb score and your o'level results are okay you have nothing to worry about, just make sure you dress cooperate for the screening #OneLove
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by ERCROSS(m): 11:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
Christty:

Sister... Is not I wanna dash ur hopes, but its best u take ur mnd off this admission precisely getting admitted into funnab's accounting department this session... U can try ur second choice institution...
Hope u won't mind me asking this rather personal question. I checked ur profile and I could see you ve been a NL registered member since 2007, that's 9 years ago. By my instincts, u r not under 23. why r u just seeking admission now ...
No vex bout my question ooo, na small pikin curiosity dey worry me ooo ( m just a 200lvl physics undergrad)
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Kejilee(m): 7:10am On Jul 09, 2016
AN INTERESTING STORY - THE PAINFUL PLEASURE (TPP) -EPISODE 1

http://smartbrainsng.com.ng/showthread.php?tid=125

EPISODE 1-24 CURRENTLY PUBLISHED ON THE BLOG (http://www.smartbrainsng.com )

#SMARTBRAINS CARES
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 09, 2016
pseudonomer:

Wrong Combination is an issue in FUNAAB Admissions, It is better for you to have the correct combination for CSC and Find yourself in PBST(Which has different UTME subjects for admission) than to have wrong combination for CSC.

For sure, you can't be admitted to Computer Science, and you need Luck, God, god, VC Power or whatever you believe in to get admitted to other less courses(Which is less than 5% chance).
But that was the subject combination i saw on jamb syllabus....either biology or chemistry
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Bimffo(m): 2:44am On Jul 10, 2016
This place is not bubbling YET.

NO FUNAAB Jambite on Nairaland?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Orestino(m): 7:15am On Jul 10, 2016
Bimffo:
We dey here.. Team Elect Elect
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Bimffo(m): 7:26am On Jul 10, 2016
Orestino:

We dey here.. Team Elect Elect

Nice One.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Darey00(m): 9:00am On Jul 10, 2016
Christty:

COLMAS is the most competitive college now.. your grades are sadly too small to apply for Accounting. in fact with your D7 I doubt if u can be placed in any other dept
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Darey00(m): 9:03am On Jul 10, 2016
garlicrey:

They probably will accept your application but when its time to calculate aggregate scores the following will be used: English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology. hope u uploaded all
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by garlicrey(m): 9:44am On Jul 10, 2016
Darey00:

They probably will accept your application but when its time to calculate aggregate scores the following will be used: English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology. hope u uploaded all
yes sir I did and I even have good scores there
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Exclusive4It: 11:39am On Jul 10, 2016
Bimffo:

There are, everyone is simply confused on the criteria for shortlisting by JAMB and doesn't know what the future holds.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Bimffo(m): 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
Exclusive4It:

There are, everyone is simply confused on the criteria for shortlisting by JAMB and doesn't know what the future holds.

Ask questions. People are here to answer the questions..

When You talk, Your fellow students that are seeking admission too, will contribute.

This thread is too dull.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Christty(f): 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
@bimffo. Please, what institution can I change to that can take this kind of Jamb scores (192)and D7 in English language?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Bimffo(m): 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
Christty:
@bimffo. Please, what institution can I change to that can take this kind of Jamb scores (192)and D7 in English language?

Maybe any Private University..

But you should know by now that ENGLISH and MATHS is Key..

And don't under estimate the power of google. Google it up.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Christty(f): 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
@pseudonomer thanks. I just finished NECO exams.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Dariye(m): 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
According to how I understand it:

Part of the new rule is that special institutions (e.g university of Agriculture, Technology etc) should admit all their needed number of students into their 'specialty' only i.e. a university of Agriculture should admit only students studying agric-related courses.

my Question:--
What happens to those students who have applied for these kinds of school to study a course that is not the school's specialty(I'm currently one) even though the schools offers their choice of course e.g A school of Agriculture offering social sciences and engineering courses?

Please, I need clarification or maybe it's me that has not correctly understood that part in the modality.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by pseudonomer: 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
Christty:
@pseudonomer thanks. I just finished NECO exams.

Hopefully, You can use Awaiting Result!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Contact Me For Any Info About University Of Ilorin / Habiba Sule Adejoh Graduates With First Class From University College London / Nigerian Twins, Nicole And Niole Graduate From University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.