Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune (5067 Views)

Jay-Z 's Magna Carta Holy Grail To Be Released On July 4th / D'banj Isnt In Illuminati! Neither Kanye Nor Jay-z! Its A Publicity Stunt! / "de Ja Vu" Beyonce And Jay-z (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by iamdnegro: 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2009
Somebody please KILL THAT WORD SWAG. . . I am sick of it.

Weezy needs to get off that autotune shit. Same goes for Kanye. These guys had been successful rappers without it.

KANYE has been confused since COLLEGE DROPOUT (his best album). He needs to quit singing.

WEEZY needs to bring back the grime in THA CARTER (his best album)

T-PAIN should continue with that AUTOTUNE shit cos he stands no chance without it. Dude cant sing to save his LIFE.
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by HJ1(m): 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2009
pls somebody, anybody, help me put with a link to get the song, cant watch the youtube video on my system. pls p,ls pls
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by rapjunkie(m): 2:34pm On Jun 08, 2009
iamdnegro:

Weezy needs to get off that autotune shit. Same goes for Kanye. These guys had been successful rappers without it.

KANYE has been confused since COLLEGE DROPOUT (his best album). He needs to quit singing.

WEEZY needs to bring back the grime in THA CARTER (his best album)

T-PAIN should continue with that AUTOTUNE shit cos he stands no chance without it. Dude cant sing to save his LIFE.

hahahaha  . . . .lol . . . .  grin

I heard kanye's next album will be a 'non autotune' album.  . . . .  . . .I liked 'late registration' but 'graduation' was bullshit. .  . . . . '808's  & heartbreak'?  . .  . . . can somebody please hand me a sickie bag
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by chiogo(f): 3:28pm On Jun 08, 2009
ofokasibe:

@chiogo
ur mouth is always so loud when u hear jayz . go and sit down somewhere jare. we all knw ur trippin for biyi oyonze's husband ,.buhaha
*yawns* Next!!! Bolajibaok/flowshow/chassisgirl/bjpumpin/edosioo/ofokasibe, get a life!!
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by A40(m): 4:00pm On Jun 08, 2009
Good grief! Are you denying you have quoted that line or any of Jigga's on this forum?you are lucky we are not in the Ananias and Saphirra era you would have been struck with leprosy or cerebral palsy for that white hot lie

As for the Business song go and listen to the 3rd verse again! Em bit Hov! The truth is bitter
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by A40(m): 4:04pm On Jun 08, 2009
@Sauron
This track made more sense than the garbage EM put out
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Sauron1: 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2009
A-40:

@Sauron
This track made more sense than the garbage EM put out

The track is nonsense considering the fact that the main culprit(Kanye) is Jigga's protege.
Jay-Z endorsed those albums before they got released for the masses so he is as guilty as Kanye.
Why is he trying to be controversial all of a sudden?? Nigga should retire, abeg.

Eminem will never bite Jay-Z!!! Prove it!!!
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by rapjunkie(m): 8:39pm On Jun 08, 2009
wink lipsrsealed       i c u
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Raze: 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2009
@Sauron I'm an Em fan too and I think I know the line they're talking about. It's that 'Can't leave rap alone, the game needs me' line. Now that's an ode to Jigga. Honestly that's biting but I know Em is not a frequent biter. But Jigga be doing it too much and not jus from Big alone. Are the Jigga fans saying cos he is skilled, he is allowed to bite. If an upcoming rapper did the same thing, y'all would crucify him. The flaws in this song are: Jigga bit, he was kinda biased and his lyrics were not good enough. He shoulda spit something on par with that on Lost+. The only thing that had me completely was the beat. Now let the story begin.
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by eldee(m): 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2009
Raze:

@Sauron I'm an Em fan too and I think I know the line they're talking about. It's that 'Can't leave rap alone, the game needs me' line. Now that's an ode to Jigga. Honestly that's biting but I know Em is not a frequent biter. But Jigga be doing it too much and not jus from Big alone. Are the Jigga fans saying cos he is skilled, he is allowed to bite. If an upcoming rapper did the same thing, y'all would crucify him. The flaws in this song are: Jigga bit, he was kinda biased and his lyrics were not good enough. He shoulda spit something on par with that on Lost+. The only thing that had me completely was the beat. Now let the story begin.

Yeah . . . but you lot act like Jay-Z is some newbie in the rap game
For heaven's sake he's dropped some of the best rap albums, WITHOUT A PEN
You don't understand, when you release 10 albums, and so many classics, no idiot doubts your lyrical skills

We can't remove 'bigging up' from hiphop, Hov didn't start it, he won't be the last to do it
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Sauron1: 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2009
eldee:

Yeah . . . but you lot act like Jay-Z is some newbie in the rap game
For heaven's sake he's dropped some of the best rap albums, WITHOUT A PEN
You don't understand, when you release 10 albums, and so many classics, no idiot doubts your lyrical skills
We can't remove 'bigging up' from hiphop, Hov didn't start it, he won't be the last to do it

How many undeniable classics has Jigga copped in his 13-year career??
Dropping rap albums without a pen is no biggie. . . . .Chris Brown and Sean Kingston are doing it these days.
Come the Bleep on. . . . . Even Ruggedman can freestyle on any record so how is that any different to going to the booth without pen/paper?
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by ofokasibe: 11:23pm On Jun 08, 2009
@chiogo
gurl i already had seven. and i miss tasiiing u . kiss
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Raze: 11:26pm On Jun 08, 2009
@eldee Lol. That bigging up excuse is so fake. You yourself had to put it in quote. It is officially called biting. If you want to big up somebody, do a song about them and don't scatter their lyrics all over your career. Young people don't even know Jigga bites cos they too young to know the classics. Look, I'm not saying a rapper shouldn't bite but when all that ish is 6 mins long, come on. Wait, I guess the best thing for Em to do is start biting Proof, right? And as an Em fan, I should justify it with all my breath? You Hov fans should wake up. As the Yoruba people say 'Oun ti o da o da'.
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by A40(m): 11:35pm On Jun 08, 2009
@Raze
Thanks for schooling peeps! All rappers have stolen rhymes,beats,concepts at one time or the other

@eldee
It annoys me to the depths of my soul when rap Johnny Just Come's get on forums and start talking rubbish about Jigga this is one rapper that has never lost relevance in the game! even when he retired truth is his consistency is unmatched he has done everything that needs to be done gosh he does songs with Coldplay,Lenny Kravitz,Linkin Park and still maintains his street cred.He is the Frank Sinatra of the rap game

@Sauron
I have given you the track title and the verse where he bit Jigga!! i don't know if your understanding of english language closes for business at 1600 GMT.Should i type in Traditional Chinese or Hindi?
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by oyinda3(f): 11:40pm On Jun 08, 2009
I liked his song with linkin park. that's as far as my liking of him goes undecided

the multimillionaire seems to have some sort of influence and authority over all other rappers though. judging from the video
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by MrCrackles(m): 11:41pm On Jun 08, 2009
oyinda.:

I liked his song with linkin park. that's as far as my liking of him goes  undecided

the multimillionaire seems to have some sort of influence and authority over all other rappers though.  judging from the video

Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Sauron1: 11:58pm On Jun 08, 2009
Raze:

@eldee Lol. That bigging up excuse is so fake. You yourself had to put it in quote. It is officially called biting. If you want to big up somebody, do a song about them and don't scatter their lyrics all over your career. Young people don't even know Jigga bites cos they too young to know the classics. Look, I'm not saying a rapper shouldn't bite but when all that ish is 6 mins long, come on. Wait, I guess the best thing for Em to do is start biting Proof, right? And as an Em fan, I should justify it with all my breath? You Hov fans should wake up. As the Yoruba people say 'Oun ti o da o da'.

May God Bless You for this comment.
A lot of young peops don't even know which is which anymore cos Jigga has perfected his art of BITING.
Why go steal lyrics of 12 years ago?? TWELVE YEARS??
Hova should be arrested for this heinous crime. . . .It's getting embarrassing.

A-40:

@Sauron
I have given you the track title and the verse where he bit Jigga!! i don't know if your understanding of english language closes for business at 1600 GMT.Should i type in Traditional Chinese or Hindi?

U are a tool!
How is that biting? grin grin
The rap game needs me is biting?
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Raze: 12:16am On Jun 09, 2009
Lol @ Sauron's last post. Jigga be biting like he don't want his fans to know. I'm not disputing that he's good but dude should 'dumb down' on his biting skills. And f that nothing to prove swag. If Rakim put out an album now, you know he wouldn't disappoint.
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Sauron1: 12:33am On Jun 09, 2009
Raze:

Lol @ Sauron's last post. Jigga be biting like he don't want his fans to know. I'm not disputing that he's good but dude should 'dumb down' on his biting skills. And f that nothing to prove swag. If Rakim put out an album now, you know he wouldn't disappoint.

I had this debate with Jigga fans in ma hood last weekend.
They all claimed Jigga was just paying homage. . . . . .
I can understand a rapper lifting off lyrics once in a while but when you do it as much as Jay-Z has done in his career, it is BITING.
Paying homage is cutting a cheque for the families of the people he is biting as ROYALTIES.
Can't stand that nigga any longer.
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by chiogo(f): 12:53am On Jun 09, 2009
Na wa oo.
Jigga can bite all he wants, I don't care. He has already proven his prowess in previous albums.

Y'all are right, I'm young. I know ABSOLUTELY nothing about rap. Sauron, please list all these songs jigga bit in and who he bit from. For all I know, you're just repeating accusations by fellow rappers such as Nas in 'ether'. Duh! It was a diss song, what did you expect Nas to say? That Jay-z is the best lyricist?

BS. most rappers bite lyrics these days, that won't stop me from listening so long as I don't waste my money on albums. pheww.

And it's not biting if you took permission or produced the said song you bit from.
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Sauron1: 1:04am On Jun 09, 2009
chiogo:

Na wa oo.
Jigga can bite all he wants, I don't care. He has already proven his prowess in previous albums.

Y'all are right, I'm young. I know ABSOLUTELY nothing about rap. Sauron, please list all these songs jigga bit in and who he bit from. For all I know, you're just repeating accusations by fellow rappers such as Nas in 'ether'. Duh! It was a diss song, what did you expect Nas to say? That Jay-z is the best lyricist?

BS. most rappers bite lyrics these days, that won't stop me from listening so long as I don't waste my money on albums. pheww.

And it's not biting if you took permission or produced the said song you bit from.

Here comes another Jigganiac. . . .

Lemme put it this way.
Jigga made a career out of biting. . . .The only album that had no blemish was "Reasonable Doubt". . . .his debut album and that was a CLASSIC.
The worst cardinal sin a man can commit is stealing from the DEAD.
Jigga has stolen from 2Pac, Biggie, Big L, Big Pun(All dead).
If i decide to start lifting Jigga's stolen lyrics in here, Nairaland will crash cos i woulda used enough bandwidth to sink the titanic.
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Krayola(m): 1:18am On Jun 09, 2009
"I'm not a biter I'm a writer for myself and others
I sell u BIG verse, im only biggin up my brotha
biggin up my borough, I'm big enuff to do it
I'm that thorough, plus i know my own flow is foolish . . " JAY Z, what more can i say (black album)
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by chiogo(f): 1:22am On Jun 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

If i decide to start lifting Jigga's stolen lyrics in here, Nairaland will crash cos i woulda used enough bandwidth to sink the titanic.
Sure!!!! still no evidence, I rest my case. Besides, I'm not getting paid for this. All I ask is that you stop doing the same thing you accuse Jay-z fans of doing when it comes to Eminem or Curtis Jackson.
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Sauron1: 1:24am On Jun 09, 2009
Krayola:

"I sell u BIG verse, im only biggin up my brotha
biggin up my borough, I'm big enuff to do it
I'm that thorough, plus i know my own flow is foolish . . " JAY Z

Is Eminem his brother too?
Big L? Nas? Big Pun(Latino)? 2Pac?
Jadakiss and the members of L.O.X. are closer to Biggie than Jigga and i am yet to hear Jada biting Biggie based on that.
Jigga is a fucking BITER.

@ Chiogo,

I will provide a long list before friday.
Lets hope you won't weep for Jigga after counting his number of stolen lyrics.
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Krayola(m): 1:29am On Jun 09, 2009
Jay Z is a hustla. . If its goin to help him sell records he's going to say it and fukc what u think. But to deny his own lyrical ability is dishonest, Sauron. I know you know rap well enough to know Jay Z is one of the greats.

Comparing artists like you guys are trying to do is a waste of time. They do different things for different audiences. If jay-z started rapping like em i would hang myself. I'm sure u'll do the same if em switches
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by chiogo(f): 1:39am On Jun 09, 2009
Sauron is one hell of a hilarious guy. cheesy Weep for jigga? Dude is 'swag-surfing', he's basically swimming in millions.
You think he cares? Why should I care? Like I said, I don't waste my money on albums, I'm just an avid listener. wink

I'll like to see the list though, maybe I can get the 'original' songs and listen along with the 'imitation'. perfect combo cheesy
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by ofokasibe: 7:35am On Jun 09, 2009
chiogo:

Sauron is one hell of a hilarious guy. cheesy Weep for jigga? Dude is 'swag-surfing', he's basically swimming in millions.
@ Chiogo,

I will provide a long list before friday.
Lets hope you won't weep for Jigga after counting his number of stolen lyrics.

sauron no need, it is actually irritating the way u beef jigga and praise eminem , when we all knw that the 2009 eminem is wack , what the Bleep is relapse? so no need we already heard camrons swagga jacking. and ur beginning to annoy us all the way u beef jigga like ur beefing modenine .Bleep you and Bleep ur opinion on biting what the Bleep do u knw bout biting?
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by jeff101: 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2009
from what i heard,he was dissing ron browz on that song
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by follypimpi(m): 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2009
here are proofs of Jigga Biting

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/vDTFc1obc-8[/flash]

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/RqScH2CfYTg[/flash]

The Nigga even Stole from my Boi EM.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/EmdUAKId72A[/flash]

Size 'em up - Big L
"Don't be mad cuz your career's in the ninth"

Aint no nigga -Jay-Z (ft. Foxxy brown)
"you cant change a playas game in the 9th innng"

Jay-z just Love Biggie's Rhymes so much he had to use it several times.

''HOW MANY OF BIGGIES RYHMES GOING TO COME OUT YO FAT LIPS'', Nas  grin grin
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by dejiariyo: 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2009
why are pple so narrow minded, is the title of this thread jigga biting?pple on here always lay off topic , am tired
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by dammiecool(m): 5:35pm On Jun 09, 2009
if ure tired go sleep now abi who send u message tongue
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by A40(m): 8:35pm On Jun 09, 2009
@chiogo
Here is a list most of the cats got it wrong
BIG
Snoop
Slick Rick
I would check for the rest
I don't know why these dweebs are jocking Jay-Z afterall even Camron that accused Jigga of biting actually bit Jigga himself

@Sauron
You are a dweeb!
Stop haggling like a market woman biting is biting he bit Jigga and the IZZO swag your immaculate EM plagiarized HOV deal with it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dabreezy Skul Na Scam / His Name Is Musze(Maxwell) / Album Review: Erigga- Tha Erigma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.