Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune (5069 Views)

Jay-Z 's Magna Carta Holy Grail To Be Released On July 4th / D'banj Isnt In Illuminati! Neither Kanye Nor Jay-z! Its A Publicity Stunt! / "de Ja Vu" Beyonce And Jay-z (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by chiogo(f): 3:34am On Jul 01, 2009
rapjunkie:

THE VIDEO.

I'm really looking forward to the release of Blueprint 3

[flash=344,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdU3yfWBsU&hl=en&fs=1&" type[/flash]
Classic!!!!
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by samboribo(m): 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2009
the intro of this song - DOA - (as well as Wale's "Chilling and some other girl i watched on tv last week) all took the same thing from our very own majek fashek. anyone remember the "Free Mandela" song of yesteryears?

ay ay ay ay Free Mandela

please, they all should come and give him royalties cos he has gone completely mad at anthony village.
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Bamsyle(m): 6:53pm On Jul 01, 2009
Holy Smoke , I've missed . . . what's going on here?? grin grin

@A-40

I saw that thread , bwoi!! Sauron doesn't know the word 'a' should precede 'eunuch'?? shocked

I've always said it - the dude lacks English Language skills . . . grin
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Genuflect(m): 9:01pm On Jul 01, 2009
@Bamsyle What? Now that's messed up. Sauron should know better
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Sauron1: 11:35pm On Jul 01, 2009
Bamsyle:

I saw that thread , bwoi!! Sauron doesn't know the word 'a' should precede 'eunuch'?? shocked

I've always said it - the dude lacks English Language skills . . . grin

He does??
Coming from a geezer who couldn't spell "Laureate"? PRICELESS. grin
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Bamsyle(m): 7:58am On Jul 02, 2009
Genuflect:

@Bamsyle What? Now that's messed up. Sauron should know better

grin grin grin

See the link here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-288907.0.html

And the tramp kept arguing blindly (as usual) even after being corrected repeatedly . . .  grin
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by A40(m): 5:14pm On Jul 02, 2009
@Bamsyle
Its all gravy the english sef no be big deal! no one is Prof Wole Soyinka here the scenario is more serious than that apparently lyrics where bitten anyways go through the thread and drop your 2 cents
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by MrCrackles(m): 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2009
A-40:

@Bamsyle
Its all gravy the english sef no be big deal! no one is Prof Wole Soyinka here the scenario is more serious than that apparently lyrics where bitten anyways go through the thread and drop your 2 cents

Thread has been locked! grin
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by A40(m): 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2009
Yeah just saw it, it was going nowhere fast anyway d, kriders yes-men and yes-women where on it just muddling everything up.I guess now we can return to our regular scheduled NL program
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Raze: 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2009
Na wa for Sauron o.
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by jacktreez: 6:21am On Jul 06, 2009
See the proof of Jay-Z bitting rhymes for "Death of Autotunes" on the Jack Treez blog

jtreez..com

One love and legalize me.
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Vuitton(m): 8:18pm On Jul 06, 2009
mess all this
Everyone has his choice Am looking at Forbes Celebrity 100 and Jay Z is ranked No 32, Federer 27, Kanye West 46 and 50 cent is No. 50!

The boy is the highest earning hip hop artiste and dudes talking about "biting" undecided Gimme a break

Personally Jay Z's my best rapper and no one comes close 2nd cos in between money, class, his wife, business acumen et al I dey feel am smiley
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by jacktreez: 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2009
What does a Forbes ranking have to do with MC'ing. If your going by that standard Soulja Boy is one of the sickest mc's. Money has nothing to do with real Hip Hop. I don't hate on Jay reasonable doubt is actually one of my favorite albums of all time but when an MC bites people should no about it and give credit where credit is due.

One Love,
Treez
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Vuitton(m): 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ Jacktreez

Any average hip hop head of this generation knows that them "bitten" lines used in Jay Z's tracks the second they hear em Wot is J suppose to say 'the kid the dog everybody dying, no lying - word up BIG undecided
Most likely credit will be written in the CD.

Credit is already given for Jay Z to sample anyone's track on his own record. Besides other rappers have also used Jay Z samples to sell albums like cassidy

Loads of rappers have "bitten" from other rappers. Wot law prohibits such practise.

Money is the product of his success as an MC so you cant take it away from him. His lyrical content, metaphors, punchlines and freestyling ability is outstanding.
He also is a role model for his style/class.

And dont forget that J is almost 40years old and a multi millionaire and his current records like DOA, Jocking Jay Z, Go Hard, swagger like us (GRAMMY WINNER) are as hot (sorry) hotter than most of dudes half his age tongue

BLUEPRINT 3: definitely my most anticipated album in recent years cool
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Vuitton(m): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2009
Omo am feel this DOA now now and am soooooo impressed with the ease of the flow, the lyrical content, JAY Z vex for the song ooooh shocked

"Get your chain tookin, i may do it myself am soo brooklyn"
"i might wear black for a year straight, i might bring back versace shades"
"I just dont need nobody to smile on this, you rappers singing to much, get back to rap you Tpaining too much"
Am a multi millionaire so how is it am still the hardest nigga here

Just get violet angry This is death of Auto tune moment of silence lipsrsealed

5 MICS from me cool
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Genuflect(m): 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2009
@Vuitton You guys are getting the points wrong. I like Jay-Z too but I just can't condone biting. And don't use his tryna respect Big as an excuse, cos that's not the only cat he bites from. And please 'sampling' is different from 'biting'. Get your facts straight
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Vuitton(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2009
Sure sampling is different from "biting"

I DONT CARE IF JAY Z BITES - I LOVE HIS RAP AND LIFE STYLE angry

@ Genuflect pls list a rapper who has never sampled or bitten and also tell me the different btw the two

I need education undecided
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Vuitton(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2009
In DOA there are probably 40 bars of rap lines in there. Jay Z includes a line or two from BIG and he is condemned sad

Whats the logic Wot cant you stand Whats the basis

He dont write his lyrics so when he uses his mind and inter relates with the context of other songs that fit his story line it becomes a felony in hip hop Who made the law/rule, U
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Genuflect(m): 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2009
@Vuitton Lol. Please Jigga is not the only one that doesn't write rhymes. Jada, Weezy, Lupé don't write rhymes neither. And because he doesn't write rhymes doesn't mean he freertyles, he jus commits them to memory. If you are a real Hip Hop head, you won't be asking on what basis
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by chiogo(f): 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2009
If he wasn't so rich, nobody would be complaining about this biting thing. Am I right or am I rightcheesy
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by Vuitton(m): 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2009
Genuflect:

@Vuitton Lol. Please Jigga is not the only one that doesn't write rhymes. Jada, Weezy, Lupé don't write rhymes neither.

Only rapper to rewrite history without a pen, No ID on the track let the story begin cool
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by rapjunkie(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2009
Vuitton:

In DOA there are probably 40 bars of rap lines in there. Jay Z includes a line or two from BIG and he is condemned sad

Whats the logic Wot cant you stand Whats the basis

He dont write his lyrics so when he uses his mind and inter relates with the context of other songs that fit his story line it becomes a felony in hip hop Who made the law/rule, U

i beg, tell them grin
Re: New Jay Z! - Death Of The Autotune by eyonigger(m): 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2009
First off, Sauron derailed this thread talking about jigga biting.
But dude forgot he bits jiggas attitude of biting. So what the Bleep are u yelling about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Album Review: Erigga- Tha Erigma / Ysg Entertainment Unveils Vector The Viper / Ozzy Bosco - Tinini Ft Olamide [video Download]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.