Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi (18797 Views)

Tell Us Islamic Scholars With Their Sittings (halqo) In Your Community / Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This / Funeral Janazah Prayer,s To Say During Salatul Ghaib. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 6:20am On Dec 18, 2015
to me... it's a very bad thing to recite. . it's source is filthy
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Biodun37: 6:44am On Dec 18, 2015
Since I don't speak Arab which make it impossible to interpret the content, I can not pass judgement. If the content is full of prayers without any wrong words,let it be
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by madridguy(m): 6:48am On Dec 18, 2015
Very bad thing to recite ? Maybe you're not a Muslim or you don't know the meaning.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Idrhas(m): 7:31am On Dec 18, 2015
Salam Alaykum,
First of all, one need to be cleared with the concept of BID'HA(innovation) in islam. It has been explained by many scolars that not all innovations. The prophet used the word Kul(every) in the hadith and not All. Thus we have good innovations and Bad innovations according to many scolars in Islam. This was also supported by several hadiths. Thereby, most scorlarly agreement on innovations conform and fall within the content of the Quran or Hadith or concensus of the ummah(Ijma).
On the issue of solatul fatih. I ve been through the meaning of the prayer and I don't see anything wrong with it. Thereby, I see nothing wrong in one reciting it. However, there is complexity that surround this prayer with which I will advice everyone doing it need to check him/herself whether to continue or stop it.
1. The doubtfull origin of solatul fatih
2. Attaching important to it more than other prayer thought by the prophet and even five daily prayers
3. Ranking people who perform it higher than any other muslims
4. Above all, it was not thought by prophet during his life.
Moreover, the prophet declared for us to be very aware that one of the things he is very much afraid of after his demise is Al-ulamahu Li-mudholin(Misguidance Ulamas). They would bring innovations and aclaimed it to the prophet.
Also, what I ve learnt on spreading of white cloth is just a symbol of one who originated the group. There is nothing bad in doing dhikr togetherness in mosque, however people bring many innovations to it like clapping, jumping, inebriate and negleting solat etc.
Moreso, there are many other sects like that with funny funny things which has no trace during the life of the prophet. My advice to fellow muslims especially younger ones learning islam is that the more you stick to what was practiced by prophet, the safer is from being misguided. Also, the prophet decalred "He who will live (long enough) will see many different(ways). Keep to my Sunnah, and the Sunnah of the well-guided khulafa'; hold fast thereto. And beware of innovations (in matters of religion). Verily, every innovation is a bid'ah, and every bid'ah is misguidance, and every misguidance is in the Fire.".
The guided rule here thus; as long as the doubtful matter is not fard(compulsory) one may leave it in order not to cross the boundary according to sharia.
Allah Alam.
#copied from littleb

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Idrhas(m): 7:32am On Dec 18, 2015
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Empiree: 1:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Empiree: 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
Idrhas:
Salam Alaykum,
First of all, one need to be cleared with the concept of BID'HA(innovation) in islam. It has been explained by many scolars that not all innovations. The prophet used the word Kul(every) in the hadith and not All. Thus we have good innovations and Bad innovations according to many scolars in Islam. This was also supported by several hadiths. Thereby, most scorlarly agreement on innovations conform and fall within the content of the Quran or Hadith or concensus of the ummah(Ijma).
On the issue of solatul fatih. I ve been through the meaning of the prayer and I don't see anything wrong with it. Thereby, I see nothing wrong in one reciting it. However, there is complexity that surround this prayer with which I will advice everyone doing it need to check him/herself whether to continue or stop it.
1. The doubtfull origin of solatul fatih
2. Attaching important to it more than other prayer thought by the prophet and even five daily prayers
3. Ranking people who perform it higher than any other muslims
4. Above all, it was not thought by prophet during his life.
Moreover, the prophet declared for us to be very aware that one of the things he is very much afraid of after his demise is Al-ulamahu Li-mudholin(Misguidance Ulamas). They would bring innovations and aclaimed it to the prophet.
Also, what I ve learnt on spreading of white cloth is just a symbol of one who originated the group. There is nothing bad in doing dhikr togetherness in mosque, however people bring many innovations to it like clapping, jumping, inebriate and negleting solat etc.
Moreso, there are many other sects like that with funny funny things which has no trace during the life of the prophet. My advice to fellow muslims especially younger ones learning islam is that the more you stick to what was practiced by prophet, the safer is from being misguided. Also, the prophet decalred "He who will live (long enough) will see many different(ways). Keep to my Sunnah, and the Sunnah of the well-guided khulafa'; hold fast thereto. And beware of innovations (in matters of religion). Verily, every innovation is a bid'ah, and every bid'ah is misguidance, and every misguidance is in the Fire.".
The guided rule here thus; as long as the doubtful matter is not fard(compulsory) one may leave it in order not to cross the boundary according to sharia.
Allah Alam.
#copied from littleb
Those who neglect obligatory salat are responsible for their stupidity. Their nonsense has nothing to do with essence. They are accountable for their actions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqAVbHYL9TQ
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by pathways(m): 11:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
Empiree:
How's that?. Solat fathi is in the Quran
where in the Qur'an?
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Empiree: 11:43pm On Dec 18, 2015
pathways:
where in the Qur'an?
When I said it's in the Quran, i dont mean exactly as its recited in order. I can go a little further but later. Meanwhile, kindly try to digest this write-up first and tell me what you think. JazakaAllahu Khayran

AlBaqir:

There are two opposing view concerning as-salat Fatih.
1. Those who condemned it reasoned that it was not prescribed by the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household). They further argued that what is established from the prophet is Salat Ibrahimiyah : "O Allah! Bless Muhammad and the household of Muhammad in exact manner you have blessed Ibrahim and the household of Ibrahim..."

These group deem any other form of 'salat ala Nabiyy' apart from the one above as 'Bid'ah - Innovation' which will lead to hell.

2. The second group also believe in the above salat Ibrahimiyah and they practice it esp. during tashahud but also recite an additional salat Nabiyy called "salat al-Fatih" and it reads:

"O God bless our Master Muhammad (pbuh) who opened what had been closed, and who is the Seal of what had gone before, he who makes the Truth Victorious by the Truth, the guide to thy straight path, and bless his household as is the due of his immense position and grandeur"

My humble Opinion
A. Seeking salawat upon the blessed Muhammad and his purified household is commanded by Allah in the holy Quran. It carries magnificent reward to the extent that "whoever prays and did not salute and send blessing on the prophet and his household, his prayer (salat) is void" ~Imam Shafi'i.

B. When the command of sending blessing upon the prophet was revealed, the companions ask how to go about it and the prophet (peace be on him and his household) recommended "salat Ibrahimiyyah". The question whoever is can we compose another form of praise and salawat for Muhammad (peace be on him and his household) in addition to salat ibrahimiyyah?

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong in doing that so far we did not abandon the initial one!

C. Going through the text of Salat al-Fatih, every single verse of the salat is in perfect harmony with the holy Quran and the recommended salat ibrahimiyyah.

D. Those who say it is wrong to recite salat al-fatih because it was not established by the prophet (peace be on him and his household) himself should bring prove why they themselves practice the following while it can NEVER be established as practice authorize by the prophet:

i. "Allahuma sali ala Muhammad wa ala ahlihi wa ala as'abihi ajmain"
NB: what is recommended is the unbolded part. Prophet NEVER authorized the bolded part. We only use our initiatives to add the companions as a result of their selfless contributions.

ii. Saying of "RadiAllahu anhum/Ridwanullah alayhi" after the name of the companions.
Even the companions themselves NEVER practice such not to mention the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household).

iii. Praying of Tarawih.
Muhammad (peace be on him and his household) NeVER institutionalized it. In fact he kicked against it and the 2nd khalifa who institutionalized it called it "Bid'ah Hassanat (good innovation)". He never tagged it as "Sunnati Nabiyy (practice of the prophet)".

E. The grave danger and controversy concerning salat al-Fatih is when some of its adherents begin to insinuate and make juxtapositions that the 'salat' is greater than Quran or can replace obligatory salat etc.

Allah knows best.

Salam alaykum
https://www.nairaland.com/1903287/solatul-fatih....right-wrong-recite#up
This is really eternal debate. It will never end
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by DeathStroke007(m): 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2015
Salatu fathi emanated from sheik Ahmed tijani.. He claimed that rosululah(saw) appeared to him in his dream and gave him the azkar.. Claiming one Salatu fathi equals 100 Quran....

Now bidiah means replacing what Prophet Muhammad (saw) instructed us to be doing with another thing entirely....

To do Salatu for Prophet Muhammad (saw) Salatu ibrohimiyah is the most appropriate and it's the only one prophet do recite during his life time and so does sahabahs...

Salatu fathi is not part of Islam nor part of what Prophet Muhammad (saw) preached...

Salatu fathi is bidiah..

If you don't agree it's bidiah.. Please stop reciting it and learn Salatu ibrohimiyah that Prophet Muhammad (saw) do recite.. Just think of it as doing sunnah..

Allah knows best....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by dragnet: 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
it is misguidance upon misguidance. both the narrator & the reciters should beware of Allaah's anger.

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Empiree: 4:11am On Dec 20, 2015
DeathStroke007:
Salatu fathi emanated from sheik Ahmed tijani..
This is incorrect brother.

The history of Salatul al-Fatih is this. A man named Sayyidi Bakri went into khalwa for 40 years, asking Allah to give him the best Salatul-ala Nabiyya. It was written on the wall in light and he was told not to give it to others until the owner of it appeared.

He claimed that rosululah(saw) appeared to him in his dream and gave him the azkar.. Claiming one Salatu fathi equals 100 Quran....
That's Tijjaniya problem. The content of the salawat is khayr. Period

Now bidiah means replacing what Prophet Muhammad (saw) instructed us to be doing with another thing entirely....
Wrong brother. Lets see definition of REPLACEMENT

[size=13pt]Simple Definition of replace:[/size]

: to be used instead of (something)
: to do the job or duty of (someone)
: to put someone or something new in the place or position of (someone or something)

Question is did they really replace "salat Ibrahimiyyah"?. [size=20pt]No.[/size] They recite both. They recite "Ibrahimiyyah" in salat after at-tashahud. They recite solati fatih during non-obligatory nafilat.

Now, here is solati Faithi:

Allahumma salli ' wa sallim was baarik ala Sayyidina Muhammadil

nil-fatihi lima Ughliqa wal khatimi lima sabaqa wan-naa-siril-haqqi

bil-haqqi wal-hadi ila Sirati-kal-mustaqima sal-lal-lahu 'alayhi

wa 'ala alihi wa-ashaabihi haqqa qadrihi wa-miq-da rihil-'azim.

Translation Of The Meaning

O God bless our Master Muhammad (pbuh) who opened what had been closed, and who is the Seal of what had gone before, he who makes the Truth Victorious by the Truth, the guide to thy straight path, and bless his household as is the due of his immense position and grandeur.

To do Salatu for Prophet Muhammad (saw) Salatu ibrohimiyah is the most appropriate and it's the only one prophet do recite during his life time and so does sahabahs...
Ma sha Allah... no muslims have problem with it. Now, here is question someone asked a Sheik and the question goes to you too. "Solati Ibrahimiyyah" does not exactly say which and what prayer is blessings we are asked to send on the prophet?. "Solati ibrahimiya" says "send blessings on Muhammad as You sent blessings on Ibrahim(AS). The brother asked what's the blessing?. This question applies to you too. Answer it brother. Besides, prophet never called it's solati Ibrahimiyyah. Correct me if I am wrong.

Salatu fathi is not part of Islam nor part of what Prophet Muhammad (saw) preached...
Obviosduly the content is Islamic. Here is the content of solati faithi.

O God bless our Master Muhammad (pbuh) who opened what had been closed, and who is the Seal of what had gone before, he who makes the Truth Victorious by the Truth, the guide to thy straight path, and bless his household as is the due of his immense position and grandeur.

You have problem with it?. How is this wording bid'a?. Is everything prophet didnt do is bid'a?

Salatu fathi is bidiah..
Your opinion obviously. Did you read Albaqir's write-up that i quoted up there?. None of you tackled the challenges. Can you scroll up and answer him?.

If you don't agree it's bidiah.. Please stop reciting it and learn Salatu ibrohimiyah that Prophet Muhammad (saw) do recite.. Just think of it as doing sunnah..
Those people who recite solati faithi also recite Ibrahimmiyah. They know both. They did not replace anything. In fact, solati faithi is in harmony with Noble Quran (33:56)

"Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect."

Allah knows best....
He Truly Is
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by pathways(m): 11:18am On Dec 20, 2015
Assalam alaykum,

@Empiree, I think you fail to get the problem here. You are just concerned about the content of the 'Solat', but the reward, significance and benefits attached to this 'solat' is the real issue here.

The originators and pioneers of this solat claim : “it is worth six thousand (6000) recitation of the Holy Quran'”. I ask you, you don't have a problem with this?

They further claim: “After I studied the prayer (of Salat al-Fatih) I realized that it excels the worship of all jinns, humans, and angels”. As a Muslim, you definitely should have issues with the above statement.

Another of such heretic claims is:

– He who recites Salat-ul-Fatih ten times will gain a reward that even an `Arif (Sufi who has reached a high station of worship) who had lived for one million years would not get if he had not recited it.
– He who recites this Salah even once will have his sins forgiven and will have a reward as much as that for six thousand Tasbihs (saying: “Subhan Allah [Glory be to Allah]”).

I asked on whose authority are they dishing out rewards of this kinds?.

These people were not companions who met Prophet Muhammad peace and blessings be upon him and his household obviously, they only claim to receive the solat from him probably through dream or physically (which is not possible by the way).

I ask do we base our deen on the 'dream' or 'revelation through seclusion' of a man?

Anyone can just wake up one day and come up with crazy claims and attributes it to the Prophet peace and blessings be upon him.

It is only for the safety of our eemaan to desist from the recitation. May Allah assist us all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Empiree: 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
pathways:
Assalam alaykum,
Waalaikum Sallam

@Empi.ree, I think you fail to get the problem here. You are just concerned about the content of the 'Solat', but the reward, significance and benefits attached to this 'solat' is the real issue here.
@underlined, did you carefully read my post between the lines?. Did I care about whatever rewards associated with it?. I am seriously less concerned about all that. It's insignificant. Even though there is no mentioned of specific rewards for "Solat Ibrahimiyyah", do we gain rewards for it or not?. Definitely, yes. So whats the big deal? Who cares if i recite solati fathi and get millions of rewards?. I dont. All i know is Allah rewards me for sending salawat on the prophet. Call the prophet(saw) anything you want except being God and son of God. Period

The originators and pioneers of this solat claim : “it is worth six thousand (6000) recitation of the Holy Quran'”. I ask you, you don't have a problem with this?
I am not gonna go back n fourth over this. First it's not the 'originator' who said this. Such claims emerged from some of the mureed (muridi). The students. They are the ones that usually come up with bunch of nonsense and you guys always take them seriously, seriously?. Go and study it a little over again, it was neither Sheik Ahamd Tijani nor Sheik Bakr said such a thing. It was some dudes.

They further claim: “After I studied the prayer (of Salat al-Fatih) I realized that it excels the worship of all jinns, humans, and angels”. As a Muslim, you definitely should have issues with the above statement.
This is nonsense, obviously. Any sane muslim would disagree. You also dont really provide concrete evidence. Even if you do, I wont take it serious because some muslim movements who against the Sufi have problems with literature. Like for instance, Tijjaniyah as we know it dont believe in solati faith being better than obligatory salat. But some dudes have found their ways and systematically corrupted the literature and said solati fathi is better than 5 daily prayers. Tijjaniyah ulama dont believe this but the silly thing is still in their literature. It is now being used against tijjani today. So you probably dealing with same thing here. I dont take all that seriously. The content (salawat) is khayr. It has nothing to do with this and that rewards or greater than xyz worship. NO.

Another of such heretic claims is:

– He who recites Salat-ul-Fatih ten times will gain a reward that even an `Arif (Sufi who has reached a high station of worship) who had lived for one million years would not get if he had not recited it.
– He who recites this Salah even once will have his sins forgiven and will have a reward as much as that for six thousand Tasbihs (saying: “Subhan Allah [Glory be to Allah]”).
Still insignificant. I dont know why you brothers attach too much negative stuff to these things. Rewards belong to Allah. He determines all that. I am not in the position. Do it or leave it. Simple. If I do any type of dua in my privacy, I know by Allah's Grace I get rewards. Problem is going about what i gain from it in public. Your claims are very irrelevant to me. I have heard this criticism many times. Even we see in ahadith certain rewards for certain duas. So I ask you what's the big deal?. Leave the people alone. It's no issue to me at all so long as the content is in harmony with Shariah. I can see clearly that you have no problem with the content but 'rewards'.

I asked on whose authority are they dishing out rewards of this kinds?.
This is the least you should concern about. Allah is Ma Ya Sha. He does as He Wills.

These people were not companions who met Prophet Muhammad peace and blessings be upon him and his household obviously, they only claim to receive the solat from him probably through dream or physically (which is not possible by the way).
Lol, it isnt possible to receive some sort of inspiration?. Inspiration here doesnt me revelation. Havent you read in the Quran that even the Bees receive inspiration?. Havent you read in the hadith about one part of nabuwa will remain till Last Age?. Yes, it's possible to receive some sort of inspiration(ishi pa ya) through dream. But this type of thing is not binding on anyone. What's is binding on us as muslims is kitab wa sunna. You have no right to condemn individual's relationship and benefits with Allah. No you dont.

I ask do we base our deen on the 'dream' or 'revelation through seclusion' of a man?
No. Individual dream is for the individual. Problem with many of these rewards is it should have been kept private. It should never have been made public. That's my problem with it. But to condemn it like you brothers do is way out of line. Islam is not base on dream. Obligatory practices in Islam are based on verses that are mukamot(clear evidence). The rest is between Allah and His slaves and no one, I mean no one has the right to condemn that.

Anyone can just wake up one day and come up with crazy claims and attributes it to the Prophet peace and blessings be upon him.
Thats individual's problem. He will have to answer that in Akhira.

It is only for the safety of our eemaan to desist from the recitation. May Allah assist us all.
No. You should say to snub the "rewards". The content is khayr. It's in harmony with 33:56.

All these secret things have been around even since 7th century. Because the world is messed up that's why everyone says rubbish all the time. You should rather say to properly coordinate non obligatory practices rather than abandoning them.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Profyxcholar(m): 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
Allah knows the best...
The same issue was raised yesterday according to that imam it is not lawful to recite that solatul fatih and he said solatul ibrahimmiy is good to recite instead.He said what was written insyd dat solatul fatih was they praised Muhammed(SAW) and he(Muhammed) has said we shdnt give praise to him or use his blessings to request something from God rather we seek peace and blessing to him.May Allah guide us thru the rite path in dis religion

#Iam_Kunlexic

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Fundamentalist: 11:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
Empiree:
This is incorrect brother.

The history of Salatul al-Fatih is this. A man named Sayyidi Bakri went into khalwa for 40 years, asking Allah to give him the best Salatul-ala Nabiyya. It was written on the wall in light and he was told not to give it to others until the owner of it appeared.

A man (so called waliy) went into seclusion for 40 years : I am asking did he offer the obligatory prayers?

If yes, did he offer it in congregation?

Did he offer the juma'at prayer for 40 years?

Don't forget the saying of the prophet about missing three juma'at prayers in succession.

Please provide proof that the so called waliy offered obligatory prayers from history and let people judge.

Please Make the answer easier for our audience by defining khawla first

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Empiree: 1:25am On Dec 21, 2015
Fundamentalist:

A man (so called waliy) went into seclusion for 40 years : I am asking did he offer the obligatory prayers?

If yes, did he offer it in congregation?

Did he offer the juma'at prayer for 40 years?

Don't forget the saying of the prophet about missing three juma'at prayers in succession.

Please provide proof that the so called waliy offered obligatory prayers from history and let people judge.

Please Make the answer easier for our audience by defining khawarij first
this is irrelevant to me brother. Some other versions report less than that. Your argument is cheap. Besides NIYAT is very important. Dont forget that. I do not question people's niyat. It's btw him and Allah. Niyat can be an exception
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Fundamentalist: 6:19am On Dec 21, 2015
Empiree:
this is irrelevant to me brother. Some other versions report less than that. Your argument is cheap. Besides NIYAT is very important. Dont forget that. I do not question people's niyat. It's btw him and Allah. Niyat can be an exception

The issue of niyat doesn't come up here my brother. The question here is straight forward, did he offer juma'at prayer for forty years. If yes please produce the proof from your many sources. You and I know what's the meaning of khalwa. No congregational prayer, no juma'at, no Eid, no janaza, no hajj the list is endless. And you call him a waliy. So someone may decide not to offer prayer for 40 years and you are saying it's niyat abi.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by babylolaroy(f): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
Empiree:
How's that?. Solat fathi is in the Quran
astaghfirullah. be sure, before you claim. we av suratul fathi in d quran buh not solatul fathi which is ceremoniously missing in the quran, the ahaadith, acts, words and worship of taabi'in, salafus solih, all rightly guided khalifa and anyone who sincerely fears Allah....its basis is unknown. its observance is unapproved, its reward is unascertained and leaving it is d best. Allahu a'lam.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by DeathStroke007(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2015
Empiree

Can't argue or disput with you on the fact that salatul fathi is in quran.. Wether its in quran or not.. Its bidiah act.. And must never be recited again.

Despite the fact the someone claim that he saw ahmad(saw) in his dream and giving him the azkar of salatul fathi. This single act of dreaming and giving of salatul fathi disputes everything islam stands for. Islam is given and completed by Allah to prophet muhammad(saw) .. Seeing prophet and the azkar stuff means islam was just completed by the salatul fathi azkar.

Moreso, something prophet muhammad(saw) never recite nor approved.. That's extremely bidiah. And this is not good innovation or so..its very bad innovation. Because what proohet told us to be reciting anytime we want to do asalatu for him is solatu ibrohimiya we should do.... NOT once prophet or his sahbeeh or any of the sunnah shiek approve reciting salatul fathi

Its like you saying we can be reciting suratul iklas as first surah during salat instead of suratul fathia..

Please.. Stay away from solatul fathi..

Allah knows best

1 Like

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Empiree: 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
Brothers, please, you have right to not recite solati fathi. It's your prerogative. But to say it's bida'a just because of the source is irrelevant. There are other things we do today that are not directly taught by the Prophet (saw).

As for 40yrs thing @ Fundamentalist, there seems to be different reports. Just came across 40 days as well. So I really can't tell precisely.

As for the statement you brothers throw around like anything 'new' and not taught by the Prophet means the prophet (saw) didn't complete religion. Subhanallah. This is just wrong notion.

First all, there're is nothing called solati Ibrahimiyah. Ulama gave it the name not the prophet. Correct me if I'm wrong. Solati Ibrahimiyah in itself is not obligatory. It's a recommended act. Proof to me it is obligatory, please.

As for allegation raised by deathstroke007, that "its like saying reciting iklas instead of fathia", wallahi, you just went too far out of line. It's not comparable at all. If a muslim recites "solati fathi or Ibrahimiyah" instead of sura fathia, that would be bidah because this is obligatory act.

In the matter of obligatory ibadat, like 5 daily salat, a muslim can not make it 4 or 6. Or offer more than the prescribed rakat. That is bidah.

But in the matter of nonobligatory ibadat (nofilat or superrogatory), nofilat means not only rakat but also dua of all kinds, there is always different opinion. So solati Ibrahimiyah is non obligatory at all. It's not even obligatory to recite it after tashahud. Therefore anyone/muslims can send Salam on the prophet as deem fit for so long as the content is sharia compliant.

No muslims rejects or replaced "solati Ibrahimiyah". But if you brothers worry so much about the source of solati fathi, that's just too bad and I'm not taking you seriously because I know you brothers don't believe in auliya nor do you have respect for them. That's violation of sharia too.

Also albaqir raised issues up there that I posted earlier but it's not addressed. Remember islam is filled with thousands/millions of ulama. So your opinion is not binding nor is solati fathi or ibrahimiya binding on muslims. No. If it's then it means we must not follow just Quran letter by letter but we must also follow hadith by letter. If you disagree then, all muslims transported to western countries for medical treatment are also coming bidah including Saudi kings and shuyuk. You know why? . Bcus there is hadith that talks about for every disease there is cure and the prescriptions are right there in the ahadith. So why don't the kings also adhere to the prescriptions by the Prophet (saw) instead of running to EU for medical treatment? .

Its usually the sufis that exploit medical and scientific aspect of islam but you people accuse them.

If you are not comfortable reciting solati fathi, please leave it, damn it. No one forces it down your thoat. Its content is in harmony with Sharia and it's khayr. I notice you brothers have no problems with the content but the source. That's just irrelevant.

And Allah knows best.
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by dragnet: 7:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
I see the content of a post above querying solaatu ibrohimiyyaah, asking what blessings should be sent?! una arrogance don get level o! you're querying the prophet's directive?! either directly or indirectly.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by dragnet: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
and whosoever is saying solatul fathi is part of islaam is either saying Allaah has lied (subhanallaah ama yasifun) or that the prophet didn't complete the message. take it or leave it.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Empiree: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
^^

Arrogance?. First it wasn't me because i dont have problem with it. I came across it online. It was a student who asked a Sheik. Indeed, wordings of Solati Ibrahimiyah does bring a question to mind. There is nothing wrong to ask alim "what's the blessing" sent on Nabi Ibraheem(AS).

And your last post is very ridiculous. It's your opinion. Religion is complete. No one says anything not directly taught by the prophet is obligatory. Just stop this.
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by dragnet: 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2015
anybody can post crap anywhere, but when you also submit it as an evidence to buttress a point then that gives a possibility that you have some belief in such crap.
and of what importance is querying what blessing is being sent? if The prophet didn't mention it, what's people's business with it? do they want to edit it for Allaah? or Allaah that inspired the prophet to give the solaah doesn't understand it? people should stop placing their intellect where Allaah hasn't placed it.
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Empiree: 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
^
Be reasonable. He simply asked out of curiosity. You so quick to assume he's "competing" with Allah etc. Nothing wrong seeking knowledge. And fortunately he was answered. I dont have problem with it cus "the blessings" on nabi Ibrahim(as) are quiet obvious from Quran. We all grew up differently, and diversity must be respected. He asked the question unconsciously.
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by dragnet: 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2015
it was reported on the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said : I heard the messenger of Allah say:
"Whatever I have forbidden to you, avoid it; whatever I have ordered you [to do], do as much of it as you can. It was only their excessive questioning and their disagreeing with their prophets that destroyed those who were before you." (related by Bukhari and Muslim)

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by DeathStroke007(m): 6:20am On Dec 22, 2015
Empiree:
Brothers, please, you have right to not recite solati fathi. It's your prerogative. But to say it's bida'a just because of the source is irrelevant. There are other things we do today that are not directly taught by the Prophet (saw).

As for 40yrs thing @ Fundamentalist, there seems to be different reports. Just came across 40 days as well. So I really can't tell precisely.

As for the statement you brothers throw around like anything 'new' and not taught by the Prophet means the prophet (saw) didn't complete religion. Subhanallah. This is just wrong notion.

First all, there're is nothing called solati Ibrahimiyah. Ulama gave it the name not the prophet. Correct me if I'm wrong. Solati Ibrahimiyah in itself is not obligatory. It's a recommended act. Proof to me it is obligatory, please.

As for allegation raised by deathstroke007, that "its like saying reciting iklas instead of fathia", wallahi, you just went too far out of line. It's not comparable at all. If a muslim recites "solati fathi or Ibrahimiyah" instead of sura fathia, that would be bidah because this is obligatory act.

In the matter of obligatory ibadat, like 5 daily salat, a muslim can not make it 4 or 6. Or offer more than the prescribed rakat. That is bidah.

But in the matter of nonobligatory ibadat (nofilat or superrogatory), nofilat means not only rakat but also dua of all kinds, there is always different opinion. So solati Ibrahimiyah is non obligatory at all. It's not even obligatory to recite it after tashahud. Therefore anyone/muslims can send Salam on the prophet as deem for so long as the content is sharia compliant.

No muslims rejects or replaced "solati Ibrahimiyah". But if you brothers worry so much about the source of solati fathi, that's just too bad and I'm not taking you seriously because I know you brothers don't believe in auliya nor do you have respect for them. That's violation of sharia too.

Also albaqir raised issues up there that I posted earlier but it's not addressed. Remember islam is filled with thousands/millions of ulama. So your opinion is not binding nor is solati fathi or ibrahimiya binding on muslims. No. If it's then it means we must not follow just Quran letter by letter but we must also follow hadith by letter. If you disagree then, all muslims transported to western countries for medical treatment are also coming bidah including Saudi kings and shuyuk. You know why? . Bcus there is hadith that talks about for every disease there is cure and the prescriptions are right there in the ahadith. So why don't the kings also adhere to the prescriptions by the Prophet (saw) instead of running to EU for medical treatment? .

Its usually the sufis that exploit medical and scientific aspect of islam but you people accuse them.

If you are not comfortable reciting solati fathi, please leave it, damn it. No one forces it down your thoat. Its content is in harmony with Sharia and it's khayr. I notice you brothers have no problems with the content but the source. That's just irrelevant.

And Allah knows best.

Ok.. Just a question I wanna ask you.. Did prophet (saw) recite salatu fathi? Did he recommend it? Which other salatu did prophet recommend after salatu ibrahimiya?

Salam alaykum

1 Like

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Tooka(m): 10:34am On Dec 22, 2015
Very Interesting!
if you wants to boil the blood of salafis, you hyped Salatul Fatih. ALLAHUMA SALLI ALAAAA!!!!!!!!!! SAYIDINAAA!!!!!!!!! MUHAMMADIL..............

1 Like

Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Empiree: 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
@DeathStroke007, "solati ibrahimiya" itself is not mandatory. So it's absolutely optional if you want to recite either solati. Sounds like the Sufi grasp the message. You dont. If solati ibrahimiya was obligatory, it would have been different. There would have been no option. Solati fathi is not bida'a
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by Empiree: 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tooka:
Very Interesting!
if you wants to boil the blood of salafis, you hyped Salatul Fatih. ALLAHUMA SALLI ALAAAA!!!!!!!!!! SAYIDINAAA!!!!!!!!! MUHAMMADIL..............
grin grin grin
Re: Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi by DeathStroke007(m): 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
Empiree:
@DeathStroke007, "solati ibrahimiya" itself is not mandatory. So it's absolutely optional if you want to recite either solati. Sounds like the Sufi grasp the message. You dont. If solati ibrahimiya was obligatory, it would have been different. There would have been no option. Solati fathi is not bida'a

Bidiah or no bidiah.. People should stop reciting salatu fathi . . . Simply because its not sunnah.. Lobatan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved / Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy / Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.