Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This (1978 Views)

This Man Was Trying To Tell Us Something... / Tell us Tafseer Sessions Available In Your Area During Ramadan / Tell Us Islamic Scholars With Their Sittings (halqo) In Your Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2017
We all know using siwak to rinse our mouth before salat is of great reward BUT its not compulsory . . . . What is the judgement of someone the do use toothbrush in replace of siwak to rinse his\her mouth before salat?
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by iamgenius(m): 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2017
I know you would say the only thing the Prophet (peace be upon him) used was the Siwak.

My take is that we can use anything to clean our mouth. If I use any other thing apart from Siwak to clean my mouth seeking a reward from it, I'm the same with the person who uses Siwak. So, whether I use Siwak or toothbrush, I'll get reward.
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2017
Isnt it the same thing as saying using tesubah for adkhar dont mean anything? what matters is counting the adkar. and u will get reward for using tesubah
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by Empiree: 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Isnh
You should rather focus on what you know to do BEST cheesy

What you are delving is not your profession sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 9:18pm On Nov 28, 2017
Empiree:
You should rather focus on what you know to do BEST cheesy

What you are delving is not your profession sad
Me being a plumber means i cant have islamic knowledge?
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by Raintaker(m): 9:33pm On Nov 28, 2017
Well the siwakh they use in Arabia is different from Nigerian chewing stick, so you'll have to travel to Saudi Arabia to get your Siwak cos the prophet did not use Nigerian Chewing Stick........

1 Like

Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2017
Raintaker:
Well the siwakh they use in Arabia is different from Nigerian chewing stick, so you'll have to travel to Saudi Arabia to get your Siwak cos the prophet did not use Nigerian Chewing Stick........
Laughing in jabata voice . .wahala wa o ..see fatawa aye
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by Raintaker(m): 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Laughing in jabata voice . .wahala wa o ..see fatawa aye
Seems you don't understand sarcasm

2 Likes

Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by Empiree: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2017
Raintaker:
Seems you don't understand sarcasm
grin he doesn't get it LOL

2 Likes

Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2017
E maa tan ara yin
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by olasaad(f): 6:58am On Dec 01, 2017
Raintaker:

Lol...savage you're wicked ooo

2 Likes

Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by SokoDobo: 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
We all know using siwak to rinse our mouth before salat is of great reward BUT its not compulsory . . . . What is the judgement of someone the do use toothbrush in replace of siwak to rinse his\her mouth before salat?

The purpose is to clean the mouth. Just like siwak, tooth brush serves same purpose.

The judgement of someone that uses toothbrush is that he/she "has a clean mouth".

Will he/she be rewarded for using a toothbrush? Yes if his/her intention is to clean his/her mouth before approaching his/her Lord & to avoid to avoid spreading foul odour from the mouth in the masjid.

"Inna mal a'maal bin niyyah" - " Actions are judged with respect to intention".

Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by Fundamentalist: 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Me being a plumber means i cant have islamic knowledge?

I could remember an audio tape of Jabata where he was attacking a lawyer for having a say in religious matter how less a plumber grin grin grin

Anybody that listened to his audio frequently should be able to point that out.
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by SokoDobo: 9:48pm On Dec 06, 2017
Fundamentalist:

I could remember an audio tape of Jabata where he was attacking a lawyer for having a say in religious matter how less a plumber grin grin grin

I've been seeing the name Jabata many times on this forum. Who's he pls?
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by Empiree: 10:53pm On Dec 06, 2017
SokoDobo:

Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by Fundamentalist: 11:08pm On Dec 06, 2017
SokoDobo:

Let's ask shaheedbinaliyu , as a student is in the best position to describe his teacher
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2017
Fundamentalist:

Let's ask shaheedbinaliyu , as a student is in the best position to describe his teacher
Visit voiceofthesalaf.com to know who he is
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 8:36pm On Dec 07, 2017
Fundamentalist:

Lawyer who studies human law, cram it and act on it WOULD talk about islam? its like asking a sufi or elegbe to talk about ahlusunnah. .NONSENSE NONI O MA SO
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2017
SokoDobo:

The purpose is to clean the mouth. Just like siwak, tooth brush serves same purpose.

The judgement of someone that uses toothbrush is that he/she "has a clean mouth".

Will he/she be rewarded for using a toothbrush? Yes if his/her intention is to clean his/her mouth before approaching his/her Lord & to avoid to avoid spreading foul odour from the mouth in the masjid.

"Inna mal a'maal bin niyyah" - " Actions are judged with respect to intention".

Allah knows best.
WITH THIS YOUR FATWA. YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULY ERASE THE WORD "BIDHA" IN ISLAM NIYEN.
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by Fundamentalist: 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Visit voiceofthesalaf.com to know who he is

This doesn't answer the Question, "voiceofsalaf.com" is just a website full of audio tapes. Just give us a history
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by Fundamentalist: 8:43pm On Dec 07, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Lawyer who studies human law, cram it and act on it WOULD talk about islam? its like asking a sufi or elegbe to talk about ahlusunnah. .NONSENSE NONI O MA SO

If it is as you say, a plumber should also respect himself and keep away from religious fatwas and allow learned scholars to talk
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
Fundamentalist:

If it is as you say, a plumber should also respect himself and keep away from religious fatwas and allow learned scholars to talk
This your reply shows that YOU DO NOT KNOW THE STAND OF ISLAM ON STUDYING, CRAMING, ACTING ON HUMAN LAW . .e lo ko eko fa .p
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by SokoDobo: 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
WITH THIS YOUR FATWA. YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULY ERASE THE WORD "BIDHA" IN ISLAM NIYEN.

Tell me please. Explain to me how I erased the word.
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 8:59pm On Dec 07, 2017
SokoDobo:

Tell me please. Explain to me how I erased the word.
YOUR FATWA MEANS "SUBSTITUTING WHAT RASUL IMPLEMENT AS LAW MEANS NOTHING AS LONG AS YOU HAVE CORRECT NIYAH" . .its like saying reciting solatu fathi isnt bad, its wordings are OK and its meant for praising rosul. . substituting it with solatu ibrohimiyah aint big deal if you have it in mind that you are using it worship ALLAH. . . .#the only reason that siwak can be changed to anything is if rosul had said that "we should clean and rinse our m0uth with anything" . .that anything means u can use anything that cleans mouth. . but mentioning siwak has limited it to siwak . . another example is KULU BIDATUN DOLALA ..every bidia is misguidance..that every means any. .it means all bidia. .no exception at all.. mentioning siwak also means just siwak. .no exception
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
Fundamentalist:

This doesn't answer the Question, "voiceofsalaf.com" is just a website full of audio tapes. Just give us a history
His history are in those tapes
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by Empiree: 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
His history are in those tapes
Şebi inú ógbà ęwòn nì Egypt ni wón tì ró irô kírô si your master l'ágbárí grin

2 Likes

Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by SokoDobo: 10:09pm On Dec 07, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
YOUR FATWA MEANS "SUBSTITUTING WHAT RASUL IMPLEMENT AS LAW MEANS NOTHING AS LONG AS YOU HAVE CORRECT NIYAH" . .its like saying reciting solatu fathi isnt bad, its wordings are OK and its meant for praising rosul. . substituting it with solatu ibrohimiyah aint big deal if you have it in mind that you are using it worship ALLAH. . . .#the only reason that siwak can be changed to anything is if rosul had said that "we should clean and rinse our m0uth with anything" . .that anything means u can use anything that cleans mouth. . but mentioning siwak has limited it to siwak . . another example is KULU BIDATUN DOLALA ..every bidia is misguidance..that every means any. .it means all bidia. .no exception at all.. mentioning siwak also means just siwak. .no exception

First of all, my statement isn't a fatwa, but rather an opinion. I am not close to bn qualified to give a fatwa in Islam.

Now back to your view. Yes, "Kullu bid'atn dhalaala...". The question now is, what is bid'a?

Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali said:

فقوله صلى الله عليه وسلم كل بدعة ضلالة من جوامع الكلم لا يخرج عنه شيء وهو أصل عظيم من أصول الدين وهو شبيه بقوله صلى الله عليه وسلم من أحدث في أمرنا ما ليس منه فهو رد فكل من أحدث شيئا ونسبه إلى الدين ولم يكن له أصل من الدين يرجع إليه فهو ضلالة والدين بريء منه وسواء في ذلك مسائل الاعتقادات أو الأعمال أو الأقوال الظاهرة والباطنة وأما ما وقع في كلام السلف من استحسان بعض البدع فإنما ذلك في البدع اللغوية لا الشرعية فمن ذلك قول عمر رضي الله عنه لما جمع الناس في قيام رمضان على إمام واحد في المسجد

Translation:

"So his saying (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) that "every innovation is misguidance" is from the comprehensive, concise words from which no matter (of innovation) [introduced in the religion] escapes from, and it is a mighty foundation from the foundations of the religion. It resembles his saying (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam), "Whoever introduced into this affair of ours that which does not belong to it will have it rejected." Hence, everyone who introduced something and ascribed it to the religion and it does not have any foundation in the religion to which it returns back to, then it is misguidance and the religion is free of it, irrespective of whether it is in the matters of belief, or actions or outward and inward statements. As for what occurs in the speech of some of the Salaf of considering some of the innovations to be good, then that is with respect to innovations with the linguistic meaning, not the Shariah meaning and from [the examples of that] is the saying of Umar (radiallaahu anhu) when he gathered the people together for praying in Ramadan behind a single imaam in the mosque. Jami' al-Ulum al-Hikam of Ibn Rajab in explanation of the hadeeth of al-Irbaad bin Saariyah (2/128)"

And Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani said:

والمراد بقوله كل بدعة ضلالة ما أحدث ولا دليل له من الشرع بطريق خاص ولا عام

Translation:

"And what is intended by his saying "Every innnovation is misguidance" is whatever is newly-introduced and has no evidence in the Shariah in neither a general way nor a specific way. Fath al-Bari (13/253)"

He also said:

و " المحدثات " بفتح الدال جمع محدثة والمراد بها ما أحدث ، وليس له أصل في الشرع ويسمى في عرف الشرع " بدعة " وما كان له أصل يدل عليه الشرع فليس ببدعة ، فالبدعة في عرف الشرع مذمومة بخلاف اللغة فإن كل شيء أحدث على غير مثال يسمى بدعة سواء كان محمودا أو مذموما ،

Translation:

"And "the newly invented matters" (المحدثات), with the fathah on the daal, is the plural of novelty (محدثة) and what is intended by it is what has been newly-introduced and does not have any basis in the legislation. It is referred to in the usage of the Shari'ah as innovation (بدعة). As for what has a basis indicated by the Shari'ah then it is not an innovation. For "innovation" in the usage of the Shari'ah is blameworthy as opposed to its usage (with its) linguistic (meaning), for everything that has been newly-invented without any prior example is named "bid'ah" irrespective of whether it is praiseworthy, or blameworthy. Fath al-Bari (13/253).

Now, as for my opinion, notice that I didn't build it on the hadith wia the Rasul was reported to have encouraged the use of siwak.
Apparently, the person that uses a toothbrush to clean his mouth do not have the reward of practicing the sunnah of using siwak. The sunnah is explicitly "siwak".

The use of a toothbrush isn't bid'a just like the use of a loud speaker to call to prayer isn't bid'a. This is because none of them claim that the use of a toothbrush or loud speaker is part of the Deen. Neither do they claim to get a special reward for using the said tools.

As for my opinion that the person the cleans his mouth with a toothbrush with the intention of wanting to appear before his Lord with a cleaned mouth or avoiding to disturb people in the masjid with foul smell from the mouth, I still stand by it. And not only toothbrush. Even if one successfully cleans his mouth with a stone, hammer, scissors, etc, he will be rewarded if he has those intentions. The reward doesn't come from the tool they used, but rather for the act they did. They however MAY NOT qualify for the reward for a person that used siwak..

Now as for were the reward comes from:

The person that cleaned his mouth with whatever tool available to him with the intention of wanting to meet his Lord with a cleaned mouth will be rewarded because he acted upon the command of Allah azza wa jal:

...........يَا بَنِي آدَمَ خُذُوا زِينَتَكُمْ عِنْدَ كُلِّ مَسْجِدٍ

Translation:

"O children of Adam, take your adornment at every masjid....." Q7:31

As for the person that cleaned his mouth with whatever tool available to him with the intention of not harming people in the masjid with foul odour from the mouth will be rewarded.

The Rasul is reported to have said what can be translated as:

“Anyone who eats any of this plant, i.e. garlic, should not come near our mosque.” [Bukhari]

Allah knows best

1 Like

Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by Fundamentalist: 10:10pm On Dec 07, 2017
[quote author=Empiree post=63046899][/quote]

You bad ooo. grin grin

Where did u get his photo.

When I first came to Ilorin in 2014 I was just hearing his name , in one of his audio cassettes he was attacking people as regards to to taking his photo. So I was eager to see him not knowing his mosque is 700 meters from my house. When he entered .

I could see a simple human being and from my opinion easy going . but his aqeedah is another thing entirely.
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 10:31pm On Dec 07, 2017
Empiree:
Şebi inú ógbà ęwòn nì Egypt ni wón tì ró irô kírô si your master l'ágbárí grin
E LO TUUBA
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by Empiree: 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
Fundamentalist:

You bad ooo. grin grin

Where did u get his photo.

When I first came to Ilorin in 2014 I was just hearing his name , in one of his audio cassettes he was attacking people as regards to to taking his photo. So I was eager to see him not knowing his mosque is 700 meters from my house. When he entered .

I could see a simple human being and from my opinion easy going . but his aqeedah is another thing entirely.
That photo was secretly taken by someone. If he had a gun he would shot the guy if he noticed. I was told the photo was taken between 2007-2010. A NL member sent it to me almost 2yrs ago on whatsapp.

Same thing happened when he was debating on the street side with some people. Someone secretly recorded the video some feet away. When he noticed he was being recorded, he screamed and wanted to snatch the recorder. That's why the video isnt too clear
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by Empiree: 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
E LO TUUBA
I do that EVERYDAY cheesy
Re: Come IN And Tell Us Your Fatawa On This by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 8:07am On Dec 08, 2017
Empiree:
I do that EVERYDAY cheesy
NA. .YOU DONT. .IF YOU DO, U WONT BE A SUFI

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn About Your Deen (quran Wa Sunnah) / Islam And Terrorism: A Christian Responds To Tbaba1234 / Fighting Over A Mosquito Wing!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.