Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,265 members, 7,836,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

My Journey: Penny Wise, Pound Foolish - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey: Penny Wise, Pound Foolish (974 Views)

Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? / The Beauty Of A Kenyan Safari . Here's My Journey In Pictures / Stop Coming To Malaysia For Greener Pasture: A Word Is Enough For The Wise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey: Penny Wise, Pound Foolish by SkinnyDude(m): 8:56am On Dec 18, 2015
hi guys. just remembered my holiday days in my Aunt's place at Life camp, Gwarimpa Abuja...

2012, after writing WAEC EXAM, i decided to go see my aunt. fast forward to 2 weeks later. one sunday morning, my aunt and i prepared to go and visit my uncle who stays at Gwagwarada, along kaduna road, outside abuja.. we entered a bus at kado fish market. 10 minutes, we got to one park at wuse 3 (have forgotten the name).. my aunt and i sat at the back seat. i was very happy, finally, i could explore abuja and its environ. the bus got filled up, and we were ready to go.. 40 minutes later, the bus stopped us at one park, not too far from zuma rock... we entered a cab, and zoomed off. we drove past zuma rock, and was heading to gwagwarada along kaduna road.. "driver stop stop" my aunt yelled. the driver stopped, and we got down from the cab.. we got to his house, and were were welcomed.. "sam, am going back to abuja, you can stay here. when you are through, you come back" my announced and left. i stayed back, watching CNN and SOUNDCITY, discussing and making noise with my cousins (his chidren).

to be continued......
Re: My Journey: Penny Wise, Pound Foolish by SkinnyDude(m): 9:22am On Dec 18, 2015
it was getting late, and i announced my leave. my uncle gave me 1k as a transport fee. i left with joy.. i was a very stingy guy, who would rather trek than spend his money on bike.. so the spirit of stinginess came.. when i got to the main road, instead of stopping a cab or bike. i decided to trek.. because in my mind, since the Rock is not far from the park, and once i get to the rock, i have arrived the park.. i started trekking. 6:15pm, i was the only person on the express road.. it was as if the rock was running away from me... i immediately started running, because i got scared.. i ran for 20 minutes and got tired... it was getting darker, i looked at my phone and saw 6:48 pm.. jesus! i died.. i started stopping every moving thing on the road. no one refused to stop. i started regretting why i didn't enter a cab at the first. now, am stuck here. and to make the matter worse, the rock was still far. i turned to prayer warrior immediately..
fortunately, a bike man was approaching. i signalled him, and he stopped.."oga, that park after zuma rock, how much?" i asked. he said 500 naira. when we paid 250, in the morning. i nearly cursed the man. but he was my saviour, how could i curse my saviour. mbanu!! " ok ok" i said, and entered his bike.. i got home around 8:45 pm. i got everybody worried. when i narrated my story to my aunt and her neighbour. they said i was lucky, ritualists or some crack head fulani herdsmen didn't kill me
Re: My Journey: Penny Wise, Pound Foolish by SkinnyDude(m): 9:38am On Dec 18, 2015
sorry for the blunders...
Re: My Journey: Penny Wise, Pound Foolish by seemples(f): 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2015
...it was as if the rock was running away from me... *The only part that got me chuckling*

That rock rocks!!! grin
Re: My Journey: Penny Wise, Pound Foolish by SkinnyDude(m): 10:42pm On Dec 18, 2015
seemples:
...it was as if the rock was running away from me... *The only part that got me chuckling*

That rock rocks!!! grin
nne it wasn't funny..

btw, who is that lady in your dp?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking Video!in Yoruba And English, Yoruba Woman Warns Those Going To Malaysia / Please I Need Directions Urgently / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.