Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? (16310 Views)

How Do I Cope? / How Can I Cope If I 'm Back To Study Medicine. / How Do You Cope When Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ok
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Hafyz23(m): 8:20pm On Dec 18, 2015
Be your own bo$$
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Always go to work with 5000volt stabiliser.. thank me later
Lol! grin grin

Stop managing his job and start thinking of how to manage your own job wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Hardeybohwarley(m): 8:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
@Op your boss is a true african man he is following Idi amin quote which says "There is freedom of speech but i can guarantee freedom after speech".....Observe him well and if I am right thank me later
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Larryfest(m): 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
Add rat poison join rice give am he will be more dan stable...

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 18, 2015
sben2308:

Getting a job isn't a problem for me but my fear is that if one don't try to make this bosses listen they might unintentionally close their biz down demselves.
Y i say this is cuz I av my own growing company I run but I listen to my staff cuz most cases they see wat i don't see.
them concentrate on your own growing company!

Focus that ENGERY you are using on that guy company and build your own.

FORGET about the risk! Everything is a risk
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Richy4(m): 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2015
Has he threatened you? If yes, then start looking for job else where because one day, he might carry out his threat and you will be really frustrated...

The very day you got your job, tell him that he will be the architect of the down fall of the company.... just tell him what was on your mind.....

if he says you are fired, tell him not to worry because you are through with him and his attitude towards the staffs. throw him the resignation letter and catwalk with all the dignity you got ie if you are a woman.....but if you are a man, just "waka" pass.... cool

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
sben2308:
Please come to my aid on how to cope with an unstable boss. This boss of mine is unstable. I mean any little things is I will sack you , you are going. Although I don't give a damn because I do my job and I have contributed so much to the growth of our sales in few weeks. I am the manager and whenever my junior staff makes mistake, I correct them and guide them but if he hears or I tell him, immediately he will fire the person.

But bear in mind the mistake of the person is minimal and I feel as a manager ,my job is to manage and help people bring out the best in them.

Please mature minds help on how to cope with this kind of person and note i am not scared of losing the job because I know I am an hardworking person ,who always contributes to any company I work for ...

Quit?
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by starwar(m): 8:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
demsid:
ppl funny sha one dey say make he carry stabilizer go office to regulate d unstable oga. another say make e become an unstable employee, one say make he sack him oga. all of una no well o. I Don laff piss for my landlord head o. d mumu think say na rain.
You even worse pass dem........lol.....make it rain on ur landlord... eviction straight

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by kings09(m): 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
Nickname him 'The Unstable One'. Am sure he ll change smiley
sben2308:
Please come to my aid on how to cope with an unstable boss. This boss of mine is unstable. I mean any little things is I will sack you , you are going. Although I don't give a damn because I do my job and I have contributed so much to the growth of our sales in few weeks. I am the manager and whenever my junior staff makes mistake, I correct them and guide them but if he hears or I tell him, immediately he will fire the person.

But bear in mind the mistake of the person is minimal and I feel as a manager ,my job is to manage and help people bring out the best in them.

Please mature minds help on how to cope with this kind of person and note i am not scared of losing the job because I know I am an hardworking person ,who always contributes to any company I work for ...
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
Demmocrats:
Kill Him grin grin

I concur, since the OP is not smart enough to try to find the boss weakness and use it on him, he might be the type that likes newspapers in the morning then remember to buy one for him every morning or the type that likes football then become a football fan too than coming here wailing like PDP.
hehehehehe! Na ur papa born u ateeeyuuuu, IOU plenty bottles of plenty drink..
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by tammie24: 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
C
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by nkemdave(m): 9:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
Always go to work with 5000volt stabiliser.. thank me later[/quote] ; i agree wit u
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by obiak4(m): 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
He only see what you report ot don't so always tell him the mistakes first before telling him of gain,profit or stides made when reporting this will cover for whatsoever mistakes made,
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2015
I don't know what your boss have been through in the past, but he might have had some bad experience with staffs in the past that he resorted to hire and fire to put people in check. And if he is brought abroad and not a yahoo boy then better work hard , be sincere or get fired ,that's how they roll.
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by sben2308(m): 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2015
Demmocrats:
Kill Him grin grin

I concur, since the OP is not smart enough to try to find the boss weakness and use it on him, he might be the type that likes newspapers in the morning then remember to buy one for him every morning or the type that likes football then become a football fan too than coming here wailing like PDP.

Point one am not wailing believe me cuz am confident in myself in my duties .
Secondly buy him newspaper,from whose pocket. And hope u know that the best answer to life is sincerity. And I prefer been sincere
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by pweetychyka(f): 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
sben2308:

Getting a job isn't a problem for me but my fear is that if one don't try to make this bosses listen they might unintentionally close their biz down demselves.
Y i say this is cuz I av my own growing company I run but I listen to my staff cuz most cases they see wat i don't see.

Sure u r ryt!

Not all boss r leaders... undecided

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by sben2308(m): 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
sonofananimal:
them concentrate on your own growing company!

Focus that ENGERY you are using on that guy company and build your own.

FORGET about the risk! Everything is a risk

The reason I work for someone else is because I have three staffs ( an admin/secretary, errand boy/messenger and a freelance staff I pay weekly).
They are the reasons y I work will someone else ,so that I can pay salary and still av some in purse.
Also because I understand that to lead u must learn to follow..

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by nkemjacob2(m): 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
It shows time to leave the firm. Most boss dont no how to manage staffs
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by zuru1991: 9:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
Hey
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by sben2308(m): 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2015
blueseacats:
I don't know what your boss have been through in the past, but he might have had some bad experience with staffs in the past that he resorted to hire and fire to put people in check. And if he is brought abroad and not a yahoo boy then better work hard , be sincere or get fired ,that's how they roll.

I doubt that but wat I c no staff has stayed there for more than 5month because of his instability and am trying to restructure that because people are even scared of coming to replace people ...
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by deeptesting(m): 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2015
sben2308:

AUTOCRATIC AND DEMOCRATIC LEADERSHIP both got their advantages and disadvantages... However i did like to say that Nigeria is presently messed up and our basic problem is the dearth of moral values;80% of the time you have to be AUTOCRATIC to survive in the Nigeria Business environment.. He is the boss just let him run things as he deems fit while you continue to play your managerial role..
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
sben2308:

Lets come together and act Horrible Bosses part 3.....
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by charlycharles(m): 10:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
My dear if u and i can cope with buhari... then how unstable can ur boss be?
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by 1miccza: 12:09am On Dec 19, 2015
Inioluwa01:
Bro, many business owners today are what you rightly called your boss, BOSSES! They lack good man-management skills. All they do is boss around because they had access to capital, either self-accumulated or loaned from banks, investors...etc. I'm sorry to say, you ain't got any choice but to play by his dictates or man up and start yours.

Exactly what i am going through too in my place of work
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 19, 2015
Thats an old threat we heard many times over.
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by cashdosh(m): 12:51am On Dec 19, 2015
Stabilize your unstable boss. If he acts insanely, help him in whatsoever way u can to restore his sanity! You also said your not scared of loosing your job abi? grin you better embrace his insanity, do your job and get your pay. U know how many ppl dey Find job wey dem neva see?
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Azuwonder(m): 4:40am On Dec 19, 2015
Pray
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Jalinco: 6:55am On Dec 19, 2015
This will happen mostly where your boss takes decisions for you.
Stop reporting your subordinate to your boss, where their actions are not directly affecting your progress and the progress of the company. You are the manager, the system should allow you to take disciplinary actions on any of your subordinates to some extent. If you stop this and you are honest in your activities plus making profit, your boss will stop this attitude too.
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by klebson(m): 8:18am On Dec 19, 2015
Your boss reminds me of my boss then while working with 7up bottling company. All Glory to God, I run my own engineering company now.. This best thing to do is ignore their attitudes and concentrate on your job. If it persists, since you've got an existing company, concentrate on your company. besides why still working for a one man business when you gat yours.. ?

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by lovelyCC7: 9:29am On Dec 19, 2015
During the long vacation I worked for a boss like that. He sacks like tomorrow no dey. Till today it is only God that knows how I worked through out my holiday without being thrown out. Dude is so unstable.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter / Working Law Religiously For Self And Family At ₦225,000 Monthly / 10 Things You Can Do To Advance Your Career To The Next Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.