Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,107 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

If An Ex Came To You For Advice On Love/relationship, Would You Give? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If An Ex Came To You For Advice On Love/relationship, Would You Give? (712 Views)

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / Which Of These 2 Types Of Relationship Would You Prefer? / What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If An Ex Came To You For Advice On Love/relationship, Would You Give? by Monicaa: 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2009
Assuming you were a marriage or relationship counsellor/advisor and you find out one of your clients was your ex, maybe you didn't know has gotten married or the relationship did not end well and the new partner, how would you react and feel? Would you advise them?
Re: If An Ex Came To You For Advice On Love/relationship, Would You Give? by dominique(f): 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2009
why not. . . it will be unprofessional and immature not to.
Re: If An Ex Came To You For Advice On Love/relationship, Would You Give? by prittigrrr(f): 3:18pm On Jun 07, 2009
I think it would be seen as unethical to give advice to a former lover here in the states so I would refer him t another advisor. There is a presumption of impropriety when u have been in a romantic relationship with someone and then are in a fiduciary relationship of trust and confidence. I would not risk my profession. However, if I were just a lay person, no problem.
Re: If An Ex Came To You For Advice On Love/relationship, Would You Give? by lannre(m): 3:57pm On Jun 07, 2009
If its given with sincerity,and if its ethical to do so, why not.
Re: If An Ex Came To You For Advice On Love/relationship, Would You Give? by iice(f): 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2009
Yea. . .
Re: If An Ex Came To You For Advice On Love/relationship, Would You Give? by Romeo4real(m): 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2009
why not. . . it will be unprofessional and immature not to

Simply put!
Re: If An Ex Came To You For Advice On Love/relationship, Would You Give? by Romeo4real(m): 7:39pm On Jun 07, 2009
I think it would be seen as unethical to give advice to a former lover here in the states so I would refer him t another advisor. There is a presumption of impropriety when u have been in a romantic relationship with someone and then are in a fiduciary relationship of trust and confidence. I would not risk my profession. However, if I were just a lay person, no problem.

@prittigrrr - the post said "your ex", not "your ex client"!!
Re: If An Ex Came To You For Advice On Love/relationship, Would You Give? by prittigrrr(f): 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2009
Romeo4real:

@prittigrrr - the post said "your ex", not "your ex client"!!

@ romeo - I know exactly what it states. I still would not do it. I would avoid all appearance of impropriety.

(1) (Reply)

Professor Love & Life Lectures. / What Else Should I Do / Still On Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.