Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,615 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. (1153 Views)

Wi-fi To Be Replaced By Li-fi Soon / 6 Ways Your Password Can Be Cracked By Hackers / Selfie Lovers Beware: Eight Ways Your Gadgets May Be Harming You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by binoosmart(m): 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
Your laptop is pretty much just dead weight these days.

For the past few years, people have been discussing whether the PC is really dead. While many argue that there will always be a place for a bigger screen, a more powerfulprocesser, and a physical keyboard… there’s no denying that people spend a ton of time on their smartphones.

You might think that your laptop is your pride and joy—and that your smartphone could never, ever replace It—but is that really true? Let’s take a look at 10 of the ways your
smartphone has already replaced your laptop as your go-to Internet/email/ work/everything device.

1. It has a giant screen

As laptop screens get smaller (hello, Ultrabook-craze), smartphone screens are getting bigger. The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 has a 5.7-inch screen, which is practically laptop-sized (okay, it’s still one fourth the size of the
Macbook Air’s 11.6-inch screen), in my opinion.

2. It has 128GB of storage

Don’t worry, I’m not going to pull one of those “the first PC had 2 bytes of memory” tropes on you—but your smartphone does have a lot of
storage space, even compared to modern laptops. Plenty of entry-level Ultrabooks have 128GB SSDs. Why bother with a laptop when you can store everything on your phone? (And
if not on your phone, in the cloud?)

3. Windows 10 is a ‘universal’ operating system,

Windows 10 is a ‘universal’ operating system, which means it’s designed to look the same across all devices, including smartphones and tablets. You might think this doesn’t affect
you, as an Android user, but it does… if you happen to use Windows on your PC. After all, Microsoft isn’t just replicating the Windows desktop experience on its smartphones—it’s
replicating the smartphone experience on its desktops. If your PC’s operating system is just a glorified smartphone OS, why bother switching back and forth?

4. It can connect to a Bluetooth keyboard

The lack-of-a-physical-keyboard argument is probably the best argument as to why smartphones can’t really replace laptops. But there are plenty of Bluetooth keyboards that
work with smartphones—including a lot of full-sized keyboards—so that’s actually a terrible argument.

5. It’s got a touchscreen!

The cool new thing for laptops to have these days is touchscreens. Well, guess what? Your smartphone already has a touchscreen.
All the cool games are mobile And the cool games that aren’t mobile are huge time-sucks, anyway.

Do you really need to spend 300 hours playing Fallout 4? Your phone is doing you a favor by keeping you on track with just a few(hundred)
rounds of Wordament.

7. It’s always connected You know the drill—pull out your laptop, immediately start searching for free Wi-Fi. Your smartphone, on the other hand, is always connected to the Internet. Sure, there’s a data limit (unless you’re one of the lucky/ stubborn ones), but better to have a data limit than no Internet at all.

8. It’s expensive

Now that nobody offers subsidized phones with 2-year-contracts anymore, you have to pay the full price for your fancy smartphone. Yeah—the full =N=70,000+ price. That’s as much as a laptop! Who can afford two =N=70k portable devices that both connect to the Internet, check email, and play crappy mobile games?

9. It fits in your bag/pocket

The first time I bought an 11-inch Macbook Air, I bought it for one main reason: It fit perfectly into my purse.

But your smartphone fits into (almost) every purse! Would you rather lug around a smartphone and laptop, or just a smartphone? You can’t ditch the smartphone, but you can ditch the laptop…

10. It’s with you all the time

You know what they say—the best X is the X you have with you. You may not think that your smartphone has replaced your laptop, but when you need to fire off a quick email or check Google to prove you’re right in an
argument, do you pull out your laptop? I don’t think so.

Source:::: www.ebiraland..co.ke/2015/12/10-ways-your-smartphone-has-already.html

By Yakubu Binuyaminu (Blogger)

Follow Me On Twitter

::::@binoosmart::::

Visit my tech Blog ::::::

www.rollinggist.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by TedBaker(m): 10:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
Its impossible for a fone to replace a laptop. D flexibility sef is enuf
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by binoosmart(m): 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
TedBaker:

What a laptop can do a phone can do beta my brother
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by RealAdewole(m): 11:09pm On Dec 18, 2015
TedBaker:
windows mobile 10 build is doing it
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
OGBENI,the user experience is poor joor. So if you want to design say a document,you'll use your smartphone's microsoft office. I prefer My Laptop if you like,give me a billion reasons

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by TedBaker(m): 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
binoosmart:

What a laptop can do a phone can do beta my brother
can u run a switchboard n connect RJ cables to ur fone, abi some of our ntwrkin n progrmmg softwr d playstore, n odas.
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by TedBaker(m): 11:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
RealAdewole:
windows mobile 10 build is doing it
indeed
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by RealAdewole(m): 11:32pm On Dec 18, 2015
TedBaker:

indeed
there is one thing called continium on the windows mobile 10 build which makes the phone act as a pc it will display app like that of pc on a screen
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by TedBaker(m): 11:48pm On Dec 18, 2015
ur ojukokoro na no1.

can u run a switchboard n connect RJ cables to ur fone, abi some of our ntwrkin n progrmmg softwr d playstore, n odas.
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by TedBaker(m): 11:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
RealAdewole:
there is one thing called continium on the windows mobile 10 build which makes the phone act as a pc it will display app like that of pc on a screen

ur ojukokoro na no1.

Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by RealAdewole(m): 12:01am On Dec 19, 2015
TedBaker:

ur ojukokoro na no1.

easy now did I lied? although smartphone can't work perfectly like pc but accolades must be given to windows. mobile at least they have presented something close
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by TedBaker(m): 12:41am On Dec 19, 2015
RealAdewole:
easy now did I lied? although smartphone can't work perfectly like pc but accolades must be given to windows. mobile at least they have presented something close
nw u re talkin

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by Ay92(m): 2:03am On Dec 19, 2015
don't even remember that I have a laptop most of the time.
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by Kingy10: 2:16am On Dec 19, 2015
Just say Android device instead of smartphone, cos it can use otg cable, connect wired mouse, keyboard, joystick. play a disc.(external disc drive), charge another phone,doesn't develop fault has much has PC, it makes browsing the internet easier... . . ...
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by ican2020: 5:07am On Dec 19, 2015
Can phone really replace a laptop?

I tried to edit my youtube videos and other videos online but my so call smart phone failed.

Can anyone here point me to the android note or tablet that is good in video stuff.

And it must have a phone feature like sim slot and easily tweat for browsing, this is naija, please.

Cause I want to do my video whenever or wherever I am, without waiting to get to my house.

Thanks for tips on what to do
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by Xhaka(m): 5:57am On Dec 19, 2015
Tecno Droidpad got almost in a laptop
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by binoosmart(m): 6:51am On Dec 19, 2015
ican2020:
Can phone really replace a laptop?

I tried to edit my youtube videos and other videos online but my so call smart phone failed.

Can anyone here point me to the android note or tablet that is good in video stuff.

And it must have a phone feature like sim slot and easily tweat for browsing, this is naija, please.

Cause I want to do my video whenever or wherever I am, without waiting to get to my house.

Thanks for tips on what to do
WINDOWS PHONE CAN DO THAT! LUMIA PHONES OR IPHONES AND IPAD
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by akashi01(m): 9:03am On Dec 19, 2015
wait till your android crashes and there's no recovery or backup on it.....then you come back here and start picking your words and chew them again and again

PC is Flexible...wonder why HP,DELL and ASUS are still creating PCs?

It's the real THING
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by akashi01(m): 9:05am On Dec 19, 2015
RealAdewole:

hahahahaha bro you didn't oo
Re: 10 Ways Your Smartphone Has Already Replaced Your Laptop. by mosjames: 8:27am On Dec 22, 2015
Tecno Droidpad works like a laptop
Then again, its if you want it to

(1) (Reply)

Airtel 1k5 For 6gb / Enjoy 7.5gb For N1000 And 17.5gb For N2000 On Mtn Wowweekend / Call All Networks For N2.88/min Or For Free With An MTN Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.