Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria (2020 Views)

Anambra Least Foreign And Domestic Indebted State. Lagos, Osun, Highest -NBS / Lagos, Most Indebted State In Nigeria / Sw-most Indebted ,most Broke, One Of The Most Underdeveloped Regions - WHY ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by Ofodirinwa: 1:35am On Dec 19, 2015
By Ofodirinwa.

After hearing the recent plans to borrow more from 'International and National' entities by Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun, this woman's name sparked an unreachable itch of curiosity in my mind. With my marginal experience in Finance, I can even deduce that further borrowing will be scraping viscera from the barren skeletal cadavers in our pocket we call 'The Naira. The cost of living for you will skyrocket as the worth of the naira decrease. After all, nobody knows the rate by which Nigeria imports from the outside world and how much it currently costs to buy imported materials....like fuel. Are we in competent hands?

Borrow to save yourself from an economic crisis? How will you repay Ms. Adeosun? Oil? No...that market's dry. Tax?....nope.... ok, how about my favorite 'the returned loot from anonymous looters'. Perhaps that isn't working. So not to get off subject, I wanted to learn more about Kemi Adeosun. I wanted to learn her experiences and story. The ideology or technique in approaching her professional. Certainty if the Vice President of the World Bank could have been such a problem, I'm assuming Buhari opted to higher the President of it right? Well lets look at her credentials.

Career

1989-1990 Kemi Adeosun served as an accounting assistant at British Telecom Company, London. (1 year)
1990-1993 She became a Manager of Internal Audit at the same company (4 years)
1994-2000 She worked as an Auditor at Price Waterhouse Coopers, London. (6 years)
2000-2010 Kemi became a Financial Controller at Chapel Hill Denham Management (10 years)
2011-2015 Kemi Adeosun became the Commissioner of Finance of Ogun State, Nigeria Limited. (4 years)

Yes. Our very own Ogun state, has had it's finances managed by someone with very extensive experience in the British private sector. Now, I can't speak for her work in the British private sector but given the amount of promotions she got, seems to me that she's a winner. What I can show, thanks to our Freedom of Information Bill, is the financial condition of Ogun State to see how this winner runs a Nigerian race. Behold.

According to recent figures released by the Debt Management Office, Lagos has the worst external debt profile out of Nigeria’s 36 states.

1. Lagos State - $1.087 billion

2. Kaduna State - $234 million

3. Cross River State - $131.469 million

4. Edo - $123 million

5. Ogun - $109 million

- Debt Management Office, 2015

A serial accountant who's leaning is fixed towards borrowing by edict of her record. An accountant in the seat of an economist. An accountant digging the grave of the Naira to borrow it's shoes. Kemi Adeosun has one solution for where ever she touches. Borrow, when they come back to ask for their money, I'll be working somewhere else.

Follow me on twitter @ofodirinwa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by Ofodirinwa: 1:39am On Dec 19, 2015
[size=30pt]Ogun debt profile stifling development —Ogunleye[/size]

Mr Kola Ogunleye, a financial consultant and economic developer, faults Governor Ibikunle Amosun’s government on the finances of the state, chides the Federal Government for not asking critical questions before doling out bailout to state governors, among other issues in this interview with a group of journalists in Abeokuta, Ogun State. DARE ADEKANMBI brings excerpts:

WHAT is your view about Ogun State N55 billion debt owed commercial banks and which has now been converted to Federal Government bond?
I think the situation on ground now is that the N55 billion that is being bandied around and presented at the National Economic Council meeting is a very wrong and inaccurate description of the debt profile of the state. Those are debts that the state-owed commercial banks in the country which the Central Bank and the Debt Management Office (DMO) have decided to package as a Federal Government bond. Another N19 billion owed workers in respect of unremitted deductions have also been slated to benefit from another intervention fund. So, the N55 billion did not completely describe the debt profile of the state.

-There are all sorts of debts; other loans owed banks and debts in respect of pension and gratuities,
-deductions made from staff salaries that are neither remitted to the appropriate organs.
-There are also unfunded contingent liabilities in respect of on-going projects in the state and the best way to really look at that is to look at the kind of project profile we see in Ogun State that are not completed.
-We have schools that started three years ago that are not completed.
-We have roads that have started four years ago that have not been completed and these are the projects that were supposedly in the budget of the various years.

What has happened? The truth is that we seem to have been held captive in Ogun State by a government that is grossly insensitive.
http://tribuneonlineng.com/ogun-debt-profile-stifling-development-%E2%80%94ogunleye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by Ofodirinwa: 1:41am On Dec 19, 2015
Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by madridguy(m): 1:45am On Dec 19, 2015
Typing ...
Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by DerideGull(m): 1:45am On Dec 19, 2015
Ofodirinwa:
By Ofodirinwa.

After hearing the recent plans to borrow more from 'International and National' entities by Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun, this woman's name sparked an unreachable itch of curiosity in my mind. With my marginal experience in Finance, I can even deduce that further borrowing will be scraping viscera from the barren skeletal cadavers in our pocket we call 'The Naira. The cost of living for you will skyrocket as the worth of the naira decrease. After all, nobody knows the rate by which Nigeria imports from the outside world and how much it currently costs to buy imported materials....like fuel. Are we in competent hands?

Borrow to save yourself from an economic crisis? How will you repay Ms. Adeosun? Oil? No...that market's dry. Tax?....nope.... ok, how about my favorite 'the returned loot from anonymous looters'. Perhaps that isn't working. So not to get off subject, I wanted to learn more about Kemi Adeosun. I wanted to learn her experiences and story. The ideology or technique in approaching her professional. Certainty if the Vice President of the World Bank could have been such a problem, I'm assuming Buhari opted to higher the President of it right? Well lets look at her credentials.

Career

1989-1990 Kemi Adeosun served as an accounting assistant at British Telecom Company, London. (1 year)
1990-1993 She became a Manager of Internal Audit at the same company (4 years)
1994-2000 She worked as an Auditor at Price Waterhouse Coopers, London. (6 years)
2000-2010 Kemi became a Financial Controller at Chapel Hill Denham Management (10 years)
2011-2015 Kemi Adeosun became the Commissioner of Finance of Ogun State, Nigeria Limited. (4 years)

Yes. Our very own Ogun state, has had it's finances managed by someone with very extensive experience in the British private sector. Now, I can't speak for her work in the British private sector but given the amount of promotions she got, seems to me that she's a winner. What I can show, thanks to our Freedom of Information Bill, is the financial condition of Ogun State to see how this winner runs a Nigerian race. Behold.

According to recent figures released by the Debt Management Office, Lagos has the worst external debt profile out of Nigeria’s 36 states.

1. Lagos State - $1.087 billion

2. Kaduna State - $234 million

3. Cross River State - $131.469 million

4. Edo - $123 million

5. Ogun - $109 million

- Debt Management Office, 2015

A serial accountant who's leaning is fixed towards borrowing by edict of her record. An accountant in the seat of an economist. An accountant digging the grave of the Naira to borrow it's shoes. Kemi Adeosun has one solution for where ever she touches. Borrow, when they come back to ask for their money, I'll be working somewhere else.

Follow me on twitter @ofodirinwa

Per the bolded, she was just "accounting assistant" not even associate accountant and a year later, she was made "Manager of Internal Audit". This is the height of corruption known as cronyism. In fact, bottom power is not far behind in this case. Nigeria is a practical joke.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by Ofodirinwa: 1:47am On Dec 19, 2015
After Kemi's Begging Bowl Economics, Lets at Ogun State's ranking in Nigeria's Financial Sustainability List

Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by Ofodirinwa: 1:50am On Dec 19, 2015
DerideGull:

Per the bolded, she was just "accounting assistant" not even associate accountant and a year later, she was made "Manager of Internal Audit". This is the height of corruption known as cronyism. In fact, bottom power is not far behind in this case. Nigeria is practical joke.

LOL I got more, trust me.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by DerideGull(m): 1:56am On Dec 19, 2015
Ofodirinwa:

LOL I got more, trust me.

Bros what is actually wrong with most Nigerians? The Muhammadu Buhari was also product of 1962 fraud perpetrated by Tafawa Balewa and NPC. I guess is APC can be termed as "All Politically Corrupt" entity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by SamJed(m): 3:29am On Dec 19, 2015
This country don tire me...tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by Demmocrats(m): 3:34am On Dec 19, 2015
grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by Sibrah: 4:25am On Dec 19, 2015
You mean she misled the governor into borrowing, spending and influenced the anticipated source of income(oil earnings) the govt planned to repay the debt with? Common use a brain and save a brother some megabyte.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by Ghandi12: 5:54am On Dec 19, 2015
DerideGull:

Per the bolded, she was just "accounting assistant" not even associate accountant and a year later, she was made "Manager of Internal Audit". This is the height of corruption known as cronyism. In fact, bottom power is not far behind in this case. Nigeria is a practical joke.

She achieved that feat in United kingdom not Nigeria. Bottom power does not work for 21 years in such nation.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by Ghandi12: 6:15am On Dec 19, 2015
Ofodirinwa:
After Kemi's Begging Bowl Economics, Lets at Ogun State's ranking in Nigeria's Financial Sustainability List

No doubt, there are valuable points in questions being raised by those who have reservations for the approach the current government is using in tackling the economy. Nonetheless the economic buoyancy of a state is not necessarily tied to its debt portfolio. Similarly people success in corporate assignment may not be accurately predicted using their core discipline. Akpabio and Fashola are lawyers, by Nigeria standard they remain the most successful Govs in recent time. You have given us debt accrued by Ogun State under the economic direction of Mrs. Adeosun. You know state debt is just one of many economic indices required to analyze economic buoyancy. America remains the world highest borrower yet the world most-powerful nation.

# Could you also post what was the IGR of the state before and after Mrs. Adeosun service?
# Could you also compare this to other states?
# What was her impact on direct investment into the state during her service?
# What was the overall infrastructural changes in Ogun state under Mrs. Adeosun's direction?
# The state's GDP under Adeosun? Compared to other states?

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by Sibrah: 6:15am On Dec 19, 2015
Ghandi12:

She achieved that feat in United kingdom not Nigeria. Bottom power does not work for 15 years in such nation.
OP and his likes are clearly bitter, thus the misinterpretation of irrelevant data we are seeing.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by themilanway(m): 7:26am On Dec 19, 2015
Ghandi12:

No doubt, there are valuable points in questions being raised by those who have reservations for the approach the current government is using in tackling the economy. Nonetheless the economic buoyancy of a state is not necessarily tied to its debt portfolio. Similarly people success in corporate assignment may not be accurately predicted using their core discipline. Akpabio and Fashola are lawyers, by Nigeria standard they remain the most successful Govs in recent time. You have given us debt accrued by Ogun State under the economic direction of Mrs. Adeosun. You know state debt is just one of many economic indices required to analyze economic buoyancy. America remains the world highest borrower yet the world most-powerful nation.

# Could you also post what was the IGR of the state before and after Mrs. Adeosun service?
# What was the overall infrastructural changes in Ogun state under Mrs. Adeosun's direction?

Good questions,I'm hoping he won't run away or pretend not to see it.

Some people will always criticize with out offering more preferable and realistic alternatives.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by yhemsy62(m): 8:53am On Dec 19, 2015
Ghandi12:

op pls I need answers to this questions
Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by Ofunaofu: 9:56am On Dec 19, 2015
yhemsy62:
op pls I need answers to this questions
op please we need answers
Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by themilanway(m): 10:23am On Dec 19, 2015
Ofunaofu:

op please we need answers

Him don go consult wiki grin cheesy grin

You go wait tire
Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by superduperjay: 10:55am On Dec 19, 2015
themilanway:

Him don go consult wiki grin cheesy grin
You go wait tire
he can't answer the questions posed to him because he is only doing this because she is not ibo. Anybody that is not ibo is not good so not that he has any genuine reason for the thread. And I am a hugeee fan of underdog stories ending up with huge success.kemi adeosun will succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by mrmetoo1: 11:07am On Dec 19, 2015
I can't even lie, this woman I don't trust. I'm not sure she's capable of getting the job done. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised. We need turnaround folks. People that can turn stone into diamond. Kinda like the economic team when OBJ starved Tinubu of funds.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Left Ogun State As A Top 5 Most Indebted State In Nigeria by AZeD1(m): 11:23am On Dec 19, 2015
Ghandi12:

Bros please take one bottle on my head.
Borrowing is not a crime, it's what you borrow for that determines if it's a crime.

I can't answer for the OP but I know according to the manufacturers association of Nigeria, Ogun state received more than 50% of FDI in manufacturing and using a layman analysis, we can deduce that
1) The internal generated revenue in Ogun state will increase
2) The GDP of Ogun state will also increase.

(1) (Reply)

antiterrorist: country of western Nigeria to block eastern border with Nigeria / Ese Oruru Abduction ; Check Out Festus Keyamo's Response. SCREENSHOT. / Collation Results So Far In Rivers State..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.