Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,598 members, 7,955,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:16 PM

Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price (22974 Views)

Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari / Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal To Save N16.4bn Monthly For Govt / Tinubu To Jonathan In 2012: Subsidy Removal Will Bring Hardship On The People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Ahmed3rdjuly: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2015
FG spent over 500Billion paying some fraudsters as subsidy
the major share holders of these companies are growing fat,
the minor shareholders aren't even enjoying the benefits from these cash inflows,
If only that 500Billion was spent on railways every year it won't cost you 300,000 to transport a container from Lagos to Kano,
We would spend less than 6 hours travelling bullet trains from Yola-lagos or Sokoto-PH,
this means that transportation cost would reduce, less trailers would be on our roads, less damages to our roads, our roads would last longer and cost of maintenance would reduce, less accidents on Lokoja-Abuja express
Moving a trailer of livestock from north to south would reduce and even suya price would reduce.
This is just 1 sector talk more of others that need that scarce funds.
Its only dumb Nigerians that want subsidy to remain

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by anonimi: 9:53am On Dec 19, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by egobetatoday: 9:54am On Dec 19, 2015
Bigmarx:
Nigerians and simple economics. At 87 we are over buying. Subsidy ended when crude was below 50 and we are buying at 87...imagine kiss......see jonathan wanted to remove subsidy when price was 107 and sell at 137 that will be....137-107=30...30/107*100=28%

Buhari.......87-37=50....50/37*100=135...Jesus who is fooling who...APC make una do the right thing for once na??

the mathematicians have done the work for us. The thing is every sphere of the economy will be affected. Even buhari's brothers in the north are making 'u' turn on him. A hausa fruit seller in my area recently complained over buhari and how the economy is not favourable. Now he knows that his problem is not Gej. His main problem is when people dont buy his fruits because of the harsh economy. hiohiohiohiohio

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by ogawisdom(m): 9:55am On Dec 19, 2015
rottennaija:
One thing I like about our state petroleum minister is that he is intelligent and smart. I am guess that's what I expected from a first class material like him

He is smart to u BC u r dull n gullible, dt guy is a complete dummy

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:55am On Dec 19, 2015
Oh STFU sir!

In 2012 I opposed the subsidy removal but I'm a strong advocate of removal now. Why?

In 2012, the subsidy payment was N78 per litre, while the masses paid N65 per litre. Removing subsidy means the masses were to bear the extra load of 78 naira per litre in addition to the N65. That's hardship.... Beside, there was no paliative.

But now, the open market of pms is around N95 per litre. Meaning, government only pay N8 per litre as subsidy. Removing subsidy won't make any difference on the masses.

Hence, Subsidy Must Go!

nezer83:

Mr Man your hypocrisy smells more than a rotten dead rat.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 19, 2015
porka:

It's a sign of immaturity not to admit you made a mistake.

It's only a child that would continue to attempt to cover obvious falsehood with more lies.

You didn't oppose the last administration on subsidy removal because of anything but a combination ignorance, programmed thinking, and perhaps hatred.

Many of you people said then that there was no subsidy at all. While many others said it was your entitlement. Arguing that Nigeria is rich to subsidize petrol, you brought several figures of petrol pump prices from other jurisdictions to justify your entitlement tales. That was when we 'knew' how much petrol is/was sold in Iran, Venezuela, Gabon, Angola etc.

The last administration was the first to identify the unsustainability of petrol subsidy. It was the first to identify those who abused it an charged them to court.

It appointed Kolade the chair of SURE-P who did his bits and resigned based on his AGE (he said at 80 years he was done with public service).

Kolade subsequently nominated Martin Luther Agwai to Jonathan as his replacement.

Again, it's childish to attempt to cover lies with further lies. Ultimately, most lies are uncovered sooner or later.
true any thing good was rejected by apc cos it was jonathan am not a pdp fan but removal of subsidy was a good strategy

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by imagrg(m): 9:57am On Dec 19, 2015
Past administration was good at holding talks and deceit. PMB is leading us to the promised land; so let's accept subsidy removal. It is in our own interest.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by egobetatoday: 9:57am On Dec 19, 2015
anonimi:
MAY or may not abi
These people have seen mumus walahi.
Where are the MISGUIDED elements who did Occupy Nigeria against our avant-garde hero of democracy & socio-economic transformer?
Wey dem

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3075523_bubu_jpeg548c6e11ce99a7bdf3febf4edabed9ea

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2589504_subsidy2_jpeg57ea79bc1f8758353f00f8db1d53dbf1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3075524_bubu1_jpeg88275f10f2430d13576e18436b244ea1

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/rfpz2aiih02arcv4l0q6myapvub3qyub1364484[/img]

u mean Buhari is a confused fellow? I think so too!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by dBard: 10:02am On Dec 19, 2015
Freegift75:

Last administration could not be trusted with the subsidy removal. It was glaring then and that was why we all protested against the removal.

But now we have new administration that the masses rely and believe. The leadership of this present dispensation is trustworthy and that's why we all support the removal.

Watchout, NLC will have no doubt but to support
Pastor Tunde Bakare also has been whispering, echoing the removal for over three months now. They all know Buhari will see stealing as corruption.

No To Subsidy

The subsidy isn't being removed, if I read it correctly.
Kachikwu is talking about manipulating market forces while moderating subsidy payment.
Whether it'll pay off is still left to see.

One tin tho, can't remember the last time I got fuel@ 87naira.
Dunno if d Hon. Minister is dissociated from reality
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 19, 2015
400 billion paid in name of subsidy can build over 800 health centre at 500 million each per so 774 local goverment covered
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by hedonistic: 10:03am On Dec 19, 2015
If it wouldn't affect pump price of PMS, then no problem. I keep telling advocates of subsidy removal and those who keep repeating the nonsensical claim of "subsidy fraud benefiting only a small cabal" that they are missing the point. If you remove subsidy, will fuel prices go up? If the answer is yes, then how can you claim that the masses never benefited from subsidy? How on earth do you expect the masses to accept subsidy removal if it means that they have to pay more for fuel? These are the very simple questions.

If removing subsidy would somehow create the sort of efficiency that will make prices to be even lower than the current government regulated price, then OF COURSE the masses would support the removal of subsidy! Anything else is unacceptable.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by rottennaija(m): 10:04am On Dec 19, 2015
ogawisdom:

He is smart to u BC u r dull n gullible, dt guy is a complete dummy
Time will tell
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 19, 2015
mployer:

Which government are you trusting? This hypocritical government that said it doesn't know what subsidy is?

Keep getting brainwashed.

If you re in opposition ita ok in seeing faulta in everything the present govt is doing or what they plan to do. But its foolish when u criticize and you dont provide solutions. its like you are program to see problems but not see solutions

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by imagrg(m): 10:09am On Dec 19, 2015
The Senators, House of Representatives members and the State House of Assembly members should drastically slash down their salaries and allowances, even the money voted and entrusted on to them for constituency projects. They are entrusted with the nation's revenue and they enrich themselves by it and hold unnecessary talks at the State House. Too many cooks spoil the soup
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 19, 2015
hedonistic:
If it wouldn't affect pump price of PMS, then no problem. I keep telling advocates of subsidy removal and those who keep repeating the nonsensical claim of "subsidy fraud benefiting only a small cabal" that they are missing the point. If you remove subsidy, will fuel prices go up? If the answer is yes, then how can you claim that the masses never benefited from subsidy? How on earth do you expect the masses to accept subsidy removal if it means that they have to pay more for fuel? These are the very simple questions.

If removing subsidy would somehow create the sort of efficiency that will make prices to be even lower than the current government regulated price, then OF COURSE the masses would support the removal of subsidy! Anything else is unacceptable.
in a budget of 4 trillion does it make sense to u to pay up 1 trillion on petrol subsidy 1/4 and the actual fgn earning is 3 trillion one trillion is borrowed
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by OlujobaSamuel: 10:10am On Dec 19, 2015
democracy is all about dialogue, if PMB should wake up on the wrong side of the bed to remove subsidy on Jan 1st without we getting mentally prepared as it is now, you will see a protest more than 2012.
Gej's adviser never helped him, he wasn't running a private coy but public coy, he shouldn't have made that announcement on Jan 1st without any prior notice(implied or express). The subsidy amount also skyrocketed in few months under him which his administration could not state the cause of the increase.
Further revelations after the partial removal on its use give the citizens the impression that the protest was justified.
If pmb should tow the same line, there will be massive protest because it's not about apc or pdp or any other party, but the perception of the citizens.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by tiwiex(m): 10:13am On Dec 19, 2015
ajisebioyo1:
You see tribal marks for our faces?

Abi. Dem never remove subsidey, we are already doing 120. Which line maths be dat? That is story. When the price rises, another excuse will start.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by fortunes0215(m): 10:14am On Dec 19, 2015
mployer:

I wonder why crude oil is price is falling in the world market but the pump price here is not falling. I guess somebody's profit margins is increasing everyday.

Ordinarily pump price should reduce as a direct result of oil price slump but unfortunately the value of naira is on a free fall...and remember we are import dependent...That erodes whatever savings we should be making on pump price. Had it been we refine locally and we are not exposed to forex fluctuations, local pump price of pms should be arround #35 - #40 by now.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 19, 2015
Or better u earn 80 k monthly but spend 20 k on fueling gen in your 80k earning20k is borrowed to finance you life sytle but the 20 k is not static as ur family increase
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by femi4: 10:23am On Dec 19, 2015
jusRadical:

Do not be a hypocrit.

When was the last time you bought fuel at N87 per lit?
today

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Appliedmaths(m): 10:27am On Dec 19, 2015
This Kakichukwu guy seems to have fallen in love with two words, which are 'if' and 'may'. If and may don't work for me, not impressed.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by fortunes0215(m): 10:30am On Dec 19, 2015
keally:
. You've said it all, you are great hypocrite and a super-self-deceiver. You only opposed GEJ of your myopic reasoning. All of you should eat the humble pie and not be ashamed to do so. GEJ is a living legend. He is the first person in over 25years of subsidy payment that stopped the payment but for brainwashed mugus like you blinded by killer-hatred. You are still covering the truth not knowing that it is an impossibility. Your co-conspirators that rocked the ship of GEJ's administration are already confessing about GEJ's UNEQUALLED achievement in virtually all sectors of the nation's economy but until they confess that they devilishly and demonically deceived Nigerians they would remain under the fierce and intense judgement of God. For people like you still revelling in self-delusion, pray you don't get so frustrated and disappointed by your messiah PMB to the point of taking your own life. The pit you dug for GEJ will swallow you all up while GEJ keeps flying to higher heights and levels of accomplishments and achievements.

Stop wailing. You still havent gone over the pains pf defeat. Point to projects executed by sure-p to justify the funds it got from subsidy reduction by GEJ. Why did Christopher Kolade resign...abeg stop wailing and face reality.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by olutunde12(m): 10:41am On Dec 19, 2015
Sibrah:
Good. At last I can afford to trust the govt with simple decision making. If PDP led govt had supervised same move I am sure the marketers would have transformed into cabals and regulate oil prices for huge profit via bogus claims. If the marketers could steal the govt money via subsidy you tell me how same govt would have been able to regulated them without subsidy. I support the move.

Before you start throwing mouth around, remeber that buhari is still the one in power and his people are the ones speaking here.... Liars.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by wintergold(m): 10:49am On Dec 19, 2015
Freegift75:
https://www.thecable.ng/subsidy-removal-may-not-affect-petrol-pump-price

may?? Dat means dere's 50% chance of increment?. Not gud enuf
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Panshow(m): 10:51am On Dec 19, 2015
Cpumping:
we shall still protest sha, just for the fun of it
Guy you're damn funny.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by menxer: 10:56am On Dec 19, 2015
rottennaija:
One thing I like about our state petroleum minister is that he is intelligent and smart. I am guess that's what I expected from a first class material like him

You didn't expect him to think in binary like GEJ/PDP Petroleum ministers, did you? grin
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by nezer83: 10:59am On Dec 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Oh STFU sir!

In 2012 I opposed the subsidy removal but I'm a strong advocate of removal now. Why?

In 2012, the subsidy payment was N78 per litre, while the masses paid N65 per litre. Removing subsidy means the masses were to bear the extra load of 78 naira per litre in addition to the N65. That's hardship.... Beside, there was no paliative.

But now, the open market of pms is around N95 per litre. Meaning, government only pay N8 per litre as subsidy. Removing subsidy won't make any difference on the masses.

Hence, Subsidy Must Go!

U need to STFU Mr.
If now the government is only paying N8 per Litre as subsidy, why have the subsidy payment by the government increased recently?
Why is the government groaning over the high cost of subsidy over the last six months?
If the cost of crude has reduced, i think you should tell us why the cost of subsidy has increased so much?
You can do well to give answers Mr Hypocrite.

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by ideylaff: 11:00am On Dec 19, 2015
rottennaija:

Yes he his but don't be fooled he was handed over to Buhari buy the cabal of the old (Danjuma and IBB)

He's a chop man but an intelligent chop man who will have equity in the industry.

Our oil and gas industry will always have a grey area.

People who have worked with Kachukwu say he's half decent ethics wise nothing more or holy pass

Kachukwu is purely Danjumas contribution to Buharis government .

Danjuma was completely frozen out on a few things by Deziani and he decided he needs to hold down Petroleum when Buhari comes in.

He's probably the biggest donor to Buharis campaign.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by muyibaba222(m): 11:18am On Dec 19, 2015
Cpumping:

proudly Nigerian...... smiley
Cpumping:

proudly Nigerian......
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by nnatom: 11:18am On Dec 19, 2015
Freegift75:

Last administration could not be trusted with the subsidy removal. It was glaring then and that was why we all protested against the removal.

But now we have new administration that the masses rely and believe. The leadership of this present dispensation is trustworthy and that's why we all support the removal.

Watchout, NLC will have no doubt but to support
Pastor Tunde Bakare also has been whispering, echoing the removal for over three months now. They all know Buhari will see stealing as corruption.

No To Subsidy

my bro u are a big liar, was it not because of dis move made by GEJ u guys hated him. saying all sort of rubbish them.
hmmmm this is why it will b difficult for dis country to move forward cos of Pple like u dat have short memory and has been brainwashed.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by BABANGBALI: 11:36am On Dec 19, 2015
abeg lets get the gaddemn thing done once and for all jo,we are tired of rigmarolling on this issue
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by lastpage: 11:39am On Dec 19, 2015
keally:
. You've said it all, you are great hypocrite and a super-self-deceiver. You only opposed GEJ of your myopic reasoning. All of you should eat the humble pie and not be ashamed to do so. GEJ is a living legend. He is the first person in over 25years of subsidy payment that stopped the payment but for brainwashed mugus like you blinded by killer-hatred. You are still covering the truth not knowing that it is an impossibility. Your co-conspirators that rocked the ship of GEJ's administration are already confessing about GEJ's UNEQUALLED achievement in virtually all sectors of the nation's economy but until they confess that they devilishly and demonically deceived Nigerians they would remain under the fierce and intense judgement of God. For people like you still revelling in self-delusion, pray you don't get so frustrated and disappointed by your messiah PMB to the point of taking your own life. The pit you dug for GEJ will swallow you all up while GEJ keeps flying to higher heights and levels of accomplishments and achievements.

[b]
What is all these nonsense about GEJ.... after almost one year of his defeat and disgrace out of office by MAJORITY of Nigerians?

Get over it, GEJ is good riddance to bad rubbish! He is gone and gone forever.

Was it not under him that al these humongous pilferage of our resources happened? .... all in Billions of Dollars!
What manner of leader perfected and patented the phrase "America will know", for every question he was asked?.... and he was supposed tp be a PhD holder! shocked

You'all can continue to deceive yourself and go on a "finger-pointing jamboree" about how GEJ was put in a hole dug by his enemies, .... l bet it is a confirmation of his cluelessness and naivety, to be so 'led by the nose'.

To say "Nigerians were deceived into voting out GEJ and replacing him with Buhari" ..... is an insult to Nigerians because it erroneously assumes that Nigerians cant make a rational decision by themselves but we all know this is far from the case.

The fact of the matter is that people like you are still living in the past and living in denial.
Those of us that voted for Buhari, even at 73yrs, had six good years to EVALUATE Goodluck Jonathan and we were convinced beyond any shred of doubt, that GEJ IS THE WORST THING TO HAVE HAPPENED TO NIGERIA.... since independence.

A "dead" Buhari will still perform better than a "living" GEJ!
It is not for child's play that we say "NEVER AGAIN", when it comes to a leader like GEJ.

Let us point out that the price of Crude Oil has diminished drastically this year and as such, the importers of refined Petroleum are making a lot of profit margin, at the current price and hence, there is actually no need to keep the Subsidy in place ........ that is exactly what the petroleum Minister (Kachukwu) was "stylishly" saying. Its not a question of Nigerians accepting to remove Subsidy. At current crude price of $36/Barrel, Subsidy doesnot exist and to continue to pay such to importers is to continue to blackmail and defraud Nigerians.

In foreign countries, pump price of petrol changes daily, as the crude price changes.

But under GEJ, price of crude was as much as $120/Barrel which contributed to the high "landing cost" of refined petrol but that would not have been an issue if the Kleptomaniac called GEJ and his gang of treasury robbers were not siphoning our money into various foreign accounts and spending our earned forex like it was their personal pocket money......all superintended over by a wimp of a "Commander-in-Chief".

*Can anyone imagine Kachukwu looting NNPC vaults like Dezzianni did?
*Can anyone imagine the new NSA looting money meant for procuring arms, like Dasuki, Bafarawa, Dokpesi and probably their wannabe sister Linda (alleged) were all doing? Would Dokpesi dare collect over 2Billion and call it "advert money", under a Buhari administration?
*I am sure all Buhari needs to do is to give them his "standard" side-glance undecided undecided and they would know that "stealing is now corruption".

GEJ has gone down in history book as giving a very, very bad image to the South-South because he has demonstrated that given the opportunity to govern this country, they (He, as their son), cannot do better....... and even did worse! shocked

No amount of image laundering can help GEJ. it will be a miracle and a heavy magnanimity on the part of Buhari, if Goodluck Jonathan does not end up in JAIL.... but l can assure you he will be docked, to explain the part he played in all the sleaze that went on during his government, that are being revealed on a daily basis.

You can blame the devil, blame his enemies, blame America, blame Iraq, blame Boko Haram, even blame Mama Piss, the point stil remains that GEJ was a monumental failure, as a President. NEVER AGAIN!!
[/b]

Lastpage!

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets With Protesting NLC, TUC Members / Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) / Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.