Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,571 members, 7,837,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

APC And Nigerians Shouldn't Rely On Gej's So Called Transformation On Transport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC And Nigerians Shouldn't Rely On Gej's So Called Transformation On Transport (862 Views)

Why Corrupt Nigerians Shouldn't Rejoice On Account Of Buhari / Reno Omokri Mocks Arrested Sidiqu for his 2014 Post On GEJ / Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC And Nigerians Shouldn't Rely On Gej's So Called Transformation On Transport by Gayigaskia(m): 7:50pm On Dec 19, 2015
Over 1,000 train passengers escape death
A train taking passengers from Ogun State to Apapa in Lagos on Friday morning derailed at the Shina Peters end of Iju.

The incident occurred around 11:00am, with over one thousand passengers believed to be on board the 12-coach train.

However, there was no casualty as the speed of the train was broken by a rubbish heap close to the track.

One of the passengers, an employee of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, blamed the rail track for the accident, saying it was due for rehabilitation.

He said “It was the rail track that caused the derailment of the train because anytime I’m on board; I feel the coaches dance on the rail line. It didn’t just start today or yesterday, it has been going on for a long time. We thank God because the train was not moving too fast when the incident occurred, otherwise, there would have been casualties.”

Another passenger, who boards the train daily, said there would have been casualties if the incident had occurred at a peak period, either when people were leaving home for work in the morning or returning home in the evening.

She said, “I follow the train every day and you know how our trains are filled up at peak periods between 6.30am and 8.30am and in the evening, with so many people hanging precariously on them.

“If the accident had occurred at such times, some people would surely have died.”

An official of the Nigerian Railway Corporation, who pleaded anonymity, confirmed that the accident was caused by bad rail tracks.

The official said, “The train was coming from Ijoko, and had passed Oposuru, Itoki, Agbado and was at Iju when it derailed. It happened because the tracks are bad.

“But there was no sign (it would happen) except that the coaches were shaking and the train was slow. At least, over a thousand passengers were on board the train but no casualty was recorded.

“I doubt that any train would work again today. The Kano-bound trip would also be cancelled. We operate just a rail line. If we had about six lines like they have in developed countries, we would have just switched to another line and operations would have commenced immediately.

The official attributed the poor state of rail tracks in the country to mismanagement and sabotage by some corrupt persons.

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

Re: APC And Nigerians Shouldn't Rely On Gej's So Called Transformation On Transport by cutestcee: 11:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
This caption depicts bitterness, amateurish, and uneducated.
That there was an accident brought GEJ s name into it, thus your advice? Hmmm don't forget we have had heads of State before him who did not make any effort to awaken our dead railway transport system.
Mr. Adviser, do u suggest that those rail lines be scrapped, and your APC should build new ones, instead of improving on existing infrastructure?
continuu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC And Nigerians Shouldn't Rely On Gej's So Called Transformation On Transport by Gayigaskia(m): 3:06am On Dec 20, 2015
cutestcee:
This caption depicts bitterness, amateurish, and uneducated.
That there was an accident brought GEJ s name into it, thus your advice? Hmmm don't forget we have had heads of State before him who did not make any effort to awaken our dead railway transport system.
Mr. Adviser, do u suggest that those rail lines be scrapped, and your APC should build new ones, instead of improving on existing infrastructure?
continuu
That was the whole idea, the country narrow gauge rail needs to be scrapped for a new standard gauge which is larger and carries more weight therefore safer. I don't see any bitterness in this even GEJ knows what needed to be done.

1 Like

Re: APC And Nigerians Shouldn't Rely On Gej's So Called Transformation On Transport by PRYCE(m): 3:32am On Dec 20, 2015
Gayigaskia:

That was the whole idea, the country narrow gauge rail needs to be scrapped for a new standard gauge which is larger and carries more weight therefore safer. I don't see any bitterness in this even GEJ knows what needed to be done.
Trains derail everywhere in the world... Who makes a big fuss out of it?

So Jonathan programed all the trains to derail thus his fault?...

APC youth wing sha!
Re: APC And Nigerians Shouldn't Rely On Gej's So Called Transformation On Transport by Gayigaskia(m): 4:41am On Dec 20, 2015
PRYCE:
Trains derail everywhere in the world... Who makes a big fuss out of it?

So Jonathan programed all the trains to derail thus his fault?...

APC youth wing sha!

maybe you haven' t read what i said about narrow and standard gauges rail, even PDP knows that is the way to go if rail is to be used as major transport means effectively.
Re: APC And Nigerians Shouldn't Rely On Gej's So Called Transformation On Transport by adetayo234: 6:36am On Dec 20, 2015
Gayigaskia:

You are yapping complete nonsense Mr. In France, Germany, et al, trains derail and no one blame the government. And do you know why? Trains will surely derail one time or another. Do you know how many people the "unreliable" GEJ train has helped to save transport fair? Innumerable. I am one of such. I travel to Lagos sspending only 1/3 of the bus fair on regular basis. If the new idea of your party is to bring GEJ down, look for something else and not the train issue. This one will not fly. Ndo Mr PhD (pullhimdown).

Is GEJ also responsible for those climbing plane with ladder? Boy, what is wrong with your head?
Re: APC And Nigerians Shouldn't Rely On Gej's So Called Transformation On Transport by adetayo234: 6:38am On Dec 20, 2015
Gayigaskia:

maybe you haven' t read what i said about narrow and standard gauges rail, even PDP knows that is the way to go if rail is to be used as major transport means effectively.

For your information Mr, Nigeria's kind of rail track and train are the least susceptible to derailment. I expect you to disagree, since you have no idea how these things work.
Re: APC And Nigerians Shouldn't Rely On Gej's So Called Transformation On Transport by cutestcee: 7:26am On Dec 20, 2015
Op, get a life and stop masturbating on that great man GEJ. Your bitterness is not touching him, is rather celebrated worldwide.
When your girlfriend dumps u, blame him
U can't take care of your responsibility,blame him
Same rail, Amaechi rode some days ago

(1) (Reply)

Pics From An Accident Involving A Wheel Barrow Pusher & A Food Seller / "Warri Nor They Carry Last" - How true Is This ( Lets Hear From You) / EFCC Invitee/Goodluck Jonathan's Former Aide Kingsley Kuku Joins Ondo Guber Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.