Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) (25351 Views)

Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched / Buhari Pays Homage To Ewuare, Oba Of Benin / VP Osinbajo Was Never Booed In Kano (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by ProudOlodo: 9:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
Jarus:

Sanusi is neither a bigot nor a thief. I can say that anywhere.

Yes, he's my mentor, far before he became CBN boss, I've been his admirer. Wish I could retrieve a a NL thread of 2008 where role models were being discussed and I listed Sanusi (FBN CEO ) and Fola Adeola as mine. That was before he became CBN governor.

I know SLS on personal basis and he's neither a thief nor a bigot, except of course like everyone is proud of his ethnic origin, he's proud of being a Fulani man. We have discussed this extensively on NL around 2009/2010 and not sure I have the time and energy to go into back and forth again.

What do I like in him? I have listed that many times on NL.

1, Like me, he combined corporate job with writing and intervening in national discourses.

2, He's largely fearless and courageous.

3, He read wide.

One could almost feel how much you admire the man
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by Adex097: 9:43pm On Dec 20, 2015
Jarus:
Finally had the opportunity to pay homage to my mentor, Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Lamido Sanusi 11 this evening somewhere in Lagos (is it "outage" when not in palace? LOL).

I seized the avenue to also present to him complimentary copies of my book, Road to VI.
That moment when you don't like your mentor's mentor embarassed
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
Akinrogun:
I'm indifferent to the mentorship discussion.

Jarus Jarus.....i need to give my commendation.

for your services to the Nairaland community in the days of yore.....when nairaland.com is trying to find its feet....before d advent of indomie generations.....u rose like a Titan and defended d vision.....u did ur best.

accept my heartfelt gratitude....God is a rewarder of diligence....He'll surely recompense ur act of love. Thanks a million!

Thanks bro. And I must thank Nairaland too for giving me the platform to pursue my passion. Admittedly, I think Nairaland made me online. It was from NL I went to float my own online platform too that also morphed into a full fledged company.

Noteworthy also that the first chapter in that book started as a Nairaland post in 2008. I just expanded it to form a standard article and that's chapter 1 of that book.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 11:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
KanoAbiaBabe:
. Guess u r not a northerner. One of the negative thing about Sunusi is the fact that he has no feelings for the poor,maybe becos he has never tasted poverty all this life. I have no problem with him,but he is nowhere to compared to late Ado bayero ,We the southerners miss him.
Congrats dear,more grease to ur elbow.

And I will try and relate this to him as feedback from his people in Kano.

Part of what he said yesterday which I was impressed about was empowerment intiatives he has championed in Kano. He talked about farmers, tomato farming and 500k grant to the poor Kano tomato farmers etc.

So, surprised with your feedback. Thought the poor should like him more.
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:22am On Dec 21, 2015
KanoAbiaBabe:
. Guess u r not a northerner. One of the negative thing about Sunusi is the fact that he has no feelings for the poor,maybe becos he has never tasted poverty all this life. I have no problem with him,but he is nowhere to compared to late Ado bayero ,We the southerners miss him.
Congrats dear,more grease to ur elbow.

Guess you are not from Kano as well cause we Kano people love SLS more than the late Emir. I don't really know where you got this rumor that people don't like him because he has no feeling for poor. There is no any any Emir in Kano or Nigeria at large that was born into a poor family. The Ado Bayero you just mentioned wasn't born into poor family also. So this your argument doesn't make sense.
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:07am On Dec 21, 2015
tochimas:
before I opened this page, I already knew it was you. Abeg reduce your idol worship of this man, you never miss any opportunity to let us know you interact with him

I think you are right. This is more of idol worshipping than need for a mentor.

Royalties maintain sealed lips and when they talk its with wisdom and love.

This Emir had always been a basketmouth and talks like a commoner.

Jarus, give feedback to your mentor that we want to hear less from him. Between him and FFK we don't know who is more talkative. An Emir that talks like a commoner will soon erode the myth of power instituted in his royal throne.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:09am On Dec 21, 2015
papiforreal:

Guess you are not from Kano as well cause we Kano people love SLS more than the late Emir. I don't really know where you got this rumor that people don't like him because he has no feeling for poor. There is no any any Emir in Kano or Nigeria at large that was born into a poor family. The Ado Bayero you just mentioned wasn't born into poor family also. So this your argument doesn't make sense.

Is there any monarch in Nigeria born into poverty, Emir or not Emir?

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by noblenasri(m): 8:10am On Dec 21, 2015
if only the bark of these harlots taking digs at King Sanusi are as fierce as their bites...
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by honeric01(m): 11:13am On Dec 21, 2015
Jarus:

And I will try and relate this to him as feedback from his people in Kano.

Part of what he said yesterday which I was impressed about was empowerment intiatives he has championed in Kano. He talked about farmers, tomato farming and 500k grant to the poor Kano tomato farmers etc.

So, surprised with your feedback. Thought the poor should like him more.

Hello Jarus,
Pls respond to your PM.
Thanks
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by ProudOlodo: 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
Jarus:

Thanks bro. And I must thank Nairaland too for giving me the platform to pursue my passion. Admittedly, I think Nairaland made me online. It was from NL I went to float my own online platform too that also morphed into a full fledged company.

Noteworthy also that the first chapter in that book started as a Nairaland post in 2008. I just expanded it to form a standard article and that's chapter 1 of that book.

What would you tell someone who is not inclined to the belief that everyone has need of a mentor?
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 4:08pm On Dec 21, 2015
ProudOlodo:

What would you tell someone who is not inclined to the belief that everyone has need of a mentor?

I don't agree everyone needs a mentor.
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
ProudOlodo:

It is absolutely in order not to have a mentor, but it is good to read profiles and biographies of people to learn one or two things.
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by ProudOlodo: 5:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
Jarus:

It is absolutely in order not to have a mentor, but it is good to read profiles and biographies of people to learn one or two things.

Thank you. I have this friend whom I believe is just forcing himself to fit into the popular idea of having a mentor and it had not been really working well for him. I've been trying to make him believe he can just learn from a distance but he sort of finds that hard to take in
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by honeric01(m): 8:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
Jarus:

I don't agree everyone needs a mentor.

Second time i'd be drawing your attention to your PM. at least acknowledge my post!
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 9:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
honeric01:

Second time i'd be drawing your attention to your PM. at least acknowledge my post!

This is the first I'm seeing but my apologies all the same.

My NL PM goes to my yahoomail which I check maybe once in a week. Will try and check tomorrow by Gods grace.
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by honeric01(m): 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2015
Jarus:

This is the first I'm seeing but my apologies all the same.

My NL PM goes to my yahoomail which I check maybe once in a week. Will try and check tomorrow by Gods grace.

Please do, i made a "financial" error that concerns you. i bet by now you'd have noticed[size=2pt] (If you GTB acct sends alert)[/size]
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
honeric01:

Please do, i made a "financial" error that concerns you. i bet by now you'd have noticed[size=2pt] (If you GTB acct sends alert)[/size]

I saw the thing o. Wondering how it got there. I even searched for the name on Jarushub gmail adddress and my personal gmail, haven't had anything to d with such name n the past.

Send me an sms for faster treatment.
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by Adminisher: 7:56am On Dec 22, 2015
hungryboy:
Sanusi is no role model,
He is a fanatic who had a hand in the murder of an innocent man years back, and if we were in a civilised country, he is supposed to be serving some jail time right now,
The problem with this country is that in the urge to gain power and riches,
many of it citizens have become sycophants, and will never speak the truth to those in Power .

Yes but there are extremely intelligent, free thinking, well adjusted people who have Goodluck Jonathan has role model.

That is a man who actually fought for nothing and achieved nothing. Everything thing credited to him was stolen from somebody else; either a president that died in office, a smart minister working under him, a fortnate oil price, or ecen conceding the elections which he actually copied from Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State.
We have to accept people's role models as are their fundamental right and hope that as they mature , the list of role models become refinef
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by honeric01(m): 8:31am On Dec 22, 2015
Jarus:

I saw the thing o. Wondering how it got there. I even searched for the name on Jarushub gmail adddress and my personal gmail, haven't had anything to d with such name n the past.

Send me an sms 07036442913 for faster treatment.

Ok..
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by JARUSHUB: 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
Re: Nairalander Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi Of Kano (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2016
unbeat007:
and what are we suppose to do?
observe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Elders Disown Igboho Over Secession: 'We’ve Invested So Much In Nigeria' / Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index / Buhari Support Organisation Moves To Shut Down Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.