Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? (46977 Views)

Fidelity Bank Raises International Spend Limit On Naira Cards / Egypt Devaluation To Test CBN Resolve On Naira / CBN Insists It Won’t Reverse Restriction On Naira ATM Card Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by DPointMan(m): 1:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
Princecalm:
45 people have viewed this thread and couldn't figure out what message the picture is passing. # fact

Because they are more dumb than you yourself who posted a dumb reply to a very serious national issue.

5 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by kings09(m): 1:27pm On Dec 20, 2015
d implication z we ll be forced 2 consume 9ja made goods n imports wil be expensive. nigerians r nt helping matters wit dis insatiable taste for imported goods. let produce, buy, sell n consume our 9ja-made goods n u ll see d improvement in our economy.

2 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Almightytime: 1:27pm On Dec 20, 2015
It is so sad that we rely so much on imported goods.Our local industries have been killed because we do not patronize them. Now that oil prices has gone down,we no longer have foreign exchange to support our needless importation of foreign products.
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by efilefun(m): 1:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
Bollinger:

The implications you say? Let me help you.

When supply is limited and demand is high, price goes through the roof. Expect the price of the dollar to Naira to be at 400:1 by the end of next year.
nope I think you got that wrong, there won't be much demand of dollars in the country and that would help in strengthening the naira

4 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by yebo36(f): 1:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
amanda2013:
Nigeria is getting interesting

Very very. And i think its for our good though it won't be easy at first.

2 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
DaBullIT:
Because Buhari was the one who spent 1.3 Billion on Spiritual purposes ?

why did he take over the Job
. If cannot let him do the needful.
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Pidggin(f): 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
Buhari's strict economic policies have rendered our naira card useless
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Bollinger(m): 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
efilefun:
nope I think you got that wrong, there won't be much demand of dollars in the country and that would help in strengthening the naira

Lol. ...You are funny. You talk as if people don't travel in and out of Nigeria constantly. Not to talk of small business owners who travel out a lot.

1 Like

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by efilefun(m): 1:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
Big4wig:
Well i heard that d world is $6trillion in debt. Just exactly which planet do we owe it to? Jupiter?

grin grin grin
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Olayinka8793(m): 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

It's a good thing and I support the President and Finance Minister.

Keep your money in Nigeria, spend your money in Nigeria.

China went through worse 100 years ago but look at them today.

PS: I hope it's okay to support the POTFRON and his executives and won't lead to another ban.
going by your moniker,are u by any chance a fan of Ayinla Omowura music ? Sorry for asking.

2 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by VocalWalls: 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
They have killed us
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by kolin4ril99(m): 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
This looks like the mercantilist approach China once adopted, and it helped their economy.
I think it will boost our economy too

6 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by sunkoye: 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
This is a step in the right direction. Nigerian will be forced to look inward and cater for themselves.

In few month u will see a tremendous turnaround.

Am ready to suffer now. ...so dat my children can become superstars.

11 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by opribo(m): 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
Marabouts, Imams,sheiks, emirs and alfas are the ones giving economic advice to our government, o don't want to believe all these technocrats on the govt have a say otherwise how will they be there and the economy is been managed like this.
I don't know which economic model PR formula this is where international payment cards lMastercard and visa will cease to serve their purpose.
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by sunkoye: 1:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
VocalWalls:
They have killed us
think think out of the box....men are wired to survive any poo they get into.

if u dont fink....then u are as good as dead..just as u just proclaimed angry

8 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by NobleAky(m): 1:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
Big4wig:
Well i heard that d world is $6trillion in debt. Just exactly which planet do we owe it to? Jupiter?
the people of the world owe it to themselves!... I owe my landlord rents..and the government owes me!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by mployer(m): 1:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
This is what you get when you vote in illiterate as president.

Is Nigeria the only oil producing country, why are adopting all these crude approach?
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2015
Olayinka8793:
going by your moniker,are u by any chance a fan of Ayinla Omowura music ? Sorry for asking.

No apologies needed Sir.

Yes, Omo Oniya Omebi is one of my idols and source of my moniker.

Hajji Ayinlas music takes you through the historical occurrences in Nigeria.

Rent controls, challenge cups, Hajjis, Udoji bonus, etc

A great Nigerian icon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZr5QvTwPuc

1 Like

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Jeff148(m): 1:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
Oh God... Bahari's way of paying back to importers (Igbos), this is to our own detriment. Biafra should secede now or neva!!! cry
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by MAURI: 1:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
[quote]nope I think you got that wrong, there won't be much demand of dollars in the country and that would help in strengthening the naira[/quote

Bros,
Pls kindly enlighen us on what exactly it is that will bring abt less demand for the dollar. Thx

1 Like

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Cmanforall: 1:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
Princemilla:
Simple.... : you can't make purchases or transact with your naira visa or master card again. It's been forbidden

That's bad! I noticed Skye bank withdrawal with master card also stopped, abi na only me e affect?
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 20, 2015
sunkoye:
This is a step in the right direction. Nigerian will be forced to look inward and cater for themselves.

In few month u will see a tremendous turnaround.

Am ready to suffer now. ...so dat my children can become superstars.

Bravo.

I salute your long sightedness.

Sometimes it's shameful to think that I belong in the same country as some of the other asinine posters who have no vision.

8 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by yelgolddotnet(m): 1:46pm On Dec 20, 2015
GOD HELP US ALL ... what is going on in this country..?
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Penhand(m): 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

It's a good thing and I support the President and Finance Minister.

Keep your money in Nigeria, spend your money in Nigeria.

China went through worse 100 years ago but look at them today.

PS: I hope it's okay to support the POTFRON and his executives and won't lead to another ban.
umtoooo
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Highcuerayte: 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
So i can't do MINI Importation business again?

He no go better for Buhari. Amen
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Highcuerayte: 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
So i can't do MINI Importation business again?

He no go better for Buhari. Amen
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by repogirl(f): 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
It simply means Boooohari has taken Nigeria back to the stone ages.

I can't even sponsor my ads on Facebook anymore.

Boooooohari is a useless curse! angry
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2015
We are going back to the early 2000 when we couldn't use our cards for making international payments, when paypal black listed us.

Those of us who crave foreign goods will cry next year cos they will be so scarce.
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by VocalWalls: 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2015
sunkoye:
think think out of the box....men are wired to survive any poo they get into.

if u dont fink....then u are as good as dead..just as u just proclaimed angry

Sometimes its not about thinking outside the box, It is about fighting back.
W dont have to be pushed to the wall and hope to break the wall with our backs.
How many of these men will this policy affect?

This is not right.
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by AreaFada2: 2:03pm On Dec 20, 2015
Those surviving importing small items from China/Alibaba are in for it.
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Dereformer(m): 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2015
How do I pay for My ACCA exams next year?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Online Loan Providers In Nigeria / Friend's Message Cursing His Friend For A Debt Of 5 Years / How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.