Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,390 members, 7,812,151 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? (46978 Views)

Fidelity Bank Raises International Spend Limit On Naira Cards / Egypt Devaluation To Test CBN Resolve On Naira / CBN Insists It Won’t Reverse Restriction On Naira ATM Card Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by 247Dior(m): 2:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
tnx to our Dullard president.. Yahoo Yahoo is gradually becoming the most lucrative business in Nigeria... I really need to get a new laptop now........

1 Like

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by charlsecy(m): 2:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
musicwriter:
That's a draconian military order. Just like a soldier pointing a gun "in your pocket" and telling you not to spend your money.
Banks hardly have Dollars to settle the obligations that using a Naira-based card on a Dollar-based online resource will produce.

2 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by 247Dior(m): 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2015
tnx to our Dullard president.. Yahoo Yahoo is gradually becoming the most lucrative business in Nigeria... I really need to get a new laptop now...........

1 Like

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by lebete3000: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
mej67:
It means our economy is removed from international world. Nigerian economy is now local. Anything you can't find and buy locally, forget it. Even weave-on, clothes and bread from wheat, titus fish (eja tutu) will soon be out of reach.

This is buharinomics in action

We would soon start grazing the fields like his cows...

we never chi chumchin....so exciting!
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by mej67: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
DaBullIT:
Because Buhari was the one who spent 1.3 Billion on Spiritual purposes ?

What's the link? Did Buhari not collect his own? Plus expensive SUVs
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 20, 2015
My Question regarding this catastrophic, how will student studying in diaspora will have access to their account? Whereby, most of the northerners have many people they sent to study in Malaysia, Egypt, turkey, UK e.t.c survive.

3 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by MrLeno(m): 2:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
mej67:
It means our economy is removed from international world. Nigerian economy is now local. Anything you can't find and buy locally, forget it. Even weave-on, clothes and bread from wheat, titus fish (eja tutu) will soon be out of reach.

This is buharinomics in action

Is it a good policy?
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by sholay2011(m): 2:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
sisnowee:
My Question regarding this catastrophic, how will student studying in diaspora will have access to their account? Whereby, most of the northerners have many people they sent to study in Malaysia, Egypt, turkey, UK e.t.c survive.
This.
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by MrLeno(m): 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
sunkoye:
This is a step in the right direction. Nigerian will be forced to look inward and cater for themselves.

In few month u will see a tremendous turnaround.

Am ready to suffer now. ...so dat my children can become superstars.

I no go lie you, I like this thing wey you talk. E make sense scarra

2 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Princemilla: 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
Cmanforall:

That's bad! I noticed Skye bank withdrawal with master card also stopped, abi na only me e affect?

No not only u...
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by babyfaceafrica: 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
Sijo01:

Stop living in the past!
if the IPOD miscreants stops living in th past there should be no clamour for biafra
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by babyfaceafrica: 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
saintkel:
And it all started during Goodluck Ebere Jonathan regime right?
of course not..but he did nothng to stop it

1 Like

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Olayinka8793(m): 2:43pm On Dec 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

No apologies needed Sir.

Yes, Omo Oniya Omebi is one of my idols and source of my moniker.

Hajji Ayinlas music takes you through the historical occurrences in Nigeria.

Rent controls, challenge cups, Hajjis, Udoji bonus, etc

A great Nigerian icon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZr5QvTwPuc

I thought as much cos he is one my dad favourite musician and I really like his dance steps whenever he plays Ayinla's music but unfortunately for me I hav hearing loss which prevent me from listening to any music otherwise he would have been one of my favourites.
Challenge cup,Ise Ile,Orin Owe,Ati Dariyo,Ogun Ajobo,Abode Mecca,National Cencus are some of his albums we hav at home,if God performs a miracle and I regain my hearing I had buy up every song he ever made.

3 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by saintkel(m): 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
of course not..but he did nothng to stop it
I hate to disappoint u but if GEJ had won d elections, d economy would be better than d one we r faced with
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by lekkipropertyy: 2:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
bonechamberlain:
we are in trouble in this country.. so I can't spend my money in buying my choice of goods because its price tag is in dollar. this is the most ruthless, wicked, parochial and self centered govt in Nigeria's history.

the buhari led govt is lamenting that the last govt looted Nigeria that's why we are In this suffering state. yet only $2.1 billion is what this govt is still pursuing out of the whole money generated or looted by the past govt for 6 years. according to Apc the looted $2.1 billion is the cause if our present economic woes. money that is not up to a budget of a state. we no longer hear of $10 bill, $20 bill cause such money weren't missing, just like the chibok scam. what apc have been able to figure out is $2.1bill which is still a case in court.

this govt should accept that it is clueless on running the Nigerian economy. only buhari and apc knows their intention for seizing power, cause I strongly believe it's not for the interest of Nigeria. until they achieve whatever mission the wish to achieve, Nigerians should prepare for a very big farmine
Sharap and go back to secondary school if you can't analyse the economic situation.

2 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2015
Thank God I Just bought a dell internal speaker from Alixpress.
Need something from Jumia? Contact me now!
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by bonechamberlain(m): 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2015
lekkipropertyy:

Sharap and go back to secondary school if you can't analyse the economic situation.
as expected an illiterate telling someone to go back to school.

focus on the issue not insults, if u don't have any idea or contributions, close ur mouth or take away ur itchy fingers from your phone.

4 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by meritamarachi(f): 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2015
The only way I can support this move is when made in Nigeria becomes real,no fake drugs,fake bag,fake food to mention a few that's when I will accept this.

1 Like

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by AreaFada2: 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
Pidggin:
Buhari's strict economic policies have rendered our naira card useless

But some partisans tell us it will make Naira stronger.

How?

With few dollars available and you cannot even spend using card, there will be more demand for foreign currencies/dollar.

Isn't high demand and low supply of dollars going to increase dollar value even much more? And weaken Naira badly?

1 Like

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by luwins(m): 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
Those mallam that having changing dollars and stacking it secretly will be very happy. God knows best
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by babyfaceafrica: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
saintkel:
I hate to disappoint u but if GEJ had won d elections, d economy would be better than d one we r faced with
sarcasm!!!!.....how do u know?

1 Like

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by DaBullIT(m): 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
mej67:

What's the link? Did Buhari not collect his own? Plus expensive SUVs
Even if Jesus comes to the world and explain he's the son of God , some of you wouldn't believe oh ye generations of Thomas

He (Buhari) received no cash presents , Yes , he got expensive Bullet proof cars as required by Law and each head of states got the same
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by DaBullIT(m): 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ozedy:
why did he take over the Job
. If cannot let him do the needful.

You can pull a house down in 30 minutes
But if you employ 1000 hands, you can't build it back in 2 weeks

GEJ pulled Nigeria down, Buhari is trying to build it

1 Like

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by DaBullIT(m): 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2015
It's now the past abi ? how convenient

Sijo01:

Stop living in the past!
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by lonelydora: 6:03pm On Dec 20, 2015
DaBullIT:
Because Buhari was the one who spent 1.3 Billion on Spiritual purposes ?

You don't have to waste words on him.

1 Like

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by lonelydora: 6:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
musicwriter:
That's a draconian military order. Just like a soldier pointing a gun "in your pocket" and telling you not to spend your money.

You must be a PDP person.
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Tomasboy(m): 6:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
Kelklein:
It means the first half of 2016 no go funny.
lol laffing cheesy . .u funny en
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 20, 2015
The same America that Nigerians are dying to get to had bread lines, fuel lines, open racism some years back.

Fela sang all of this already we just didn't listen. He said we're still comfortable and that we're not stressed enough yet to make changes and that no one wants to die.

1 Like

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by obailala(m): 6:12pm On Dec 20, 2015
bonechamberlain:
we are in trouble in this country.. so I can't spend my money in buying my choice of goods because its price tag is in dollar. this is the most ruthless, wicked, parochial and self centered govt in Nigeria's history.

the buhari led govt is lamenting that the last govt looted Nigeria that's why we are In this suffering state. yet only $2.1 billion is what this govt is still pursuing out of the whole money generated or looted by the past govt for 6 years. according to Apc the looted $2.1 billion is the cause if our present economic woes. money that is not up to a budget of a state. we no longer hear of $10 bill, $20 bill cause such money weren't missing, just like the chibok scam. what apc have been able to figure out is $2.1bill which is still a case in court.

this govt should accept that it is clueless on running the Nigerian economy. only buhari and apc knows their intention for seizing power, cause I strongly believe it's not for the interest of Nigeria. until they achieve whatever mission the wish to achieve, Nigerians should prepare for a very big farmine
Lol.. the nation is currently in a major recession as the reserves of forex we have is dwindling rapidly and we dont have enough inflow of forex due to oil price crash. If measures are not taken to curb the outflow of forex, in just a matter of months, there would be no forex to buy essential commodities such as food and the nation would be plunged into a major humanitarian crises with people standing on 2-days long queues to get a bowl of rice to feed their families. The CBN and FG is struggling to manage and prevent this situation from happening and you think they are the "most ruthless, wicked, parochial and self centered govt in Nigeria's history" all because you want to buy choice goods?

I suggest you save your money and stock your barns with enough food because 'winter is coming,' in fact, winter is already here.

2 Likes

Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Princecalm(m): 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
DPointMan:

Because they are more dumb than you yourself who posted a dumb reply to a very serious national issue.
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by Princecalm(m): 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2015
DPointMan:

Because they are more dumb than you yourself who posted a dumb reply to a very serious national issue.

and you think you just made sense.
Re: International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? by intrepid: 6:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
Continue blaming GEJ .Nonsense!! IBB, Abdulsalami etc are saints,huh? If only you guys were not dumb enough to believe APC and install this mess,maybe we would be heading toward the country we dream of.

Why didn't all these folks supporting PMB ,also support GEJ government, if they truly loves all of us and were patriotic?
DaBullIT:

You can pull a house down in 30 minutes
But if you employ 1000 hands, you can't build it back in 2 weeks

GEJ pulled Nigeria down, Buhari is trying to build it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Online Loan Providers In Nigeria / Friend's Message Cursing His Friend For A Debt Of 5 Years / How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.