Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) (6221 Views)

Just-In:Video Claims Attack On Shiite Hussainiyyah Before Road Block, Unprovoked / Why Hussainiyyah & Zakzaky's House Besieged And Attacked After The Road Clash? / Iranians Storm Nigerian Embassy In Tehran To Protest Army Attack On Shiites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by ShiaMuslim: 9:29am On Dec 20, 2015
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by donestk(m): 9:37am On Dec 20, 2015
Mtchewww
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by Mynd44: 9:37am On Dec 20, 2015
I did not see any massacre. Just saw them surround a building which I must say took them too freaking long to do.

BTW, I think the army was wrong to have killed so many people.
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by vedaxcool(m): 9:44am On Dec 20, 2015
Waste of internet resources. Just showing us soldiers taking position nothing more than that.
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:57am On Dec 20, 2015
Mynd44:
I did not see any massacre. Just saw them surround a building which I must say took them too freaking long to do.

Certainly not as long as it takes you to ban grin
On this topic can we really get some accuracy it is wrong to kill but I think the no. Is really really exaggerated

2 Likes

Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by ShiaMuslim: 9:59am On Dec 20, 2015
vedaxcool:
Waste of internet resources. Just showing us soldiers taking position nothing more than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeb2JXAHAIU
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by Mynd44: 10:04am On Dec 20, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

Certainly not as long as it takes you to ban grin
On this topic can we really get some accuracy it is wrong to kill but I think the no. Is really really exaggerated
Of course it is being exaggerated. I don't see evidence that more that 30 people died which is too much too.

Couldn't they have stormed the place with tear gas? Smoke them out and arrest? Why live bullets.
Why was this not done by the police/DSS? The army dont and cant do the job of these people as they always make a mess of things.

Who sanctioned the mission? The person need to explain things.

And someone needs to ask the Saudi Arabian and Iranian governments to shut up and not start a proxy way in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by vedaxcool(m): 10:06am On Dec 20, 2015
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:14am On Dec 20, 2015
Mynd44:

Of course it is being exaggerated. I don't see evidence that more that 30 people died which is too much too.

Couldn't they have stormed the place with tear gas? Smoke them out and arrest? Why live bullets.
Why was this not done by the police/DSS? The army dont and cant do the job of these people as they always make a mess of things.

Who sanctioned the mission? The person need to explain things.

And someone needs to ask the Saudi Arabian and Iranian governments to shut up and not start a proxy way in Nigeria

You are right. This might affect the COAS after this administration.
He might have a life line with the Kaduna state governments press release. unfortunately a state of emergency was not a declared before the event.
As for Saudi and Iran. I can only laugh

1 Like

Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by Mynd44: 10:19am On Dec 20, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

You are right. This might affect the COAS after this administration.
He might have a life line with the Kaduna state governments press release. unfortunately a state of emergency was not a declared before the event.
As for Saudi and Iran. I can only laugh
It has to affect him. This is wrong.

Iran and Saudi are just a bunch of unserious people.
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by AlfaB: 10:22am On Dec 20, 2015
ShiaMuslim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeb2JXAHAIU

The more I see the attrocities of the zoo army, the more I love my brothers that fought them wella for 3 years.

No matter how I hate islam, I can't stand this video. How can an army that swore to defend its citizens massacre them like this in cold blood?

I hate this country with passion.
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:27am On Dec 20, 2015
Mynd44:

It has to affect him. This is wrong.

Iran and Saudi are just a bunch of unserious people.

I won't be surprised if he is relieved of his duties and allowed to go underground with a pact being signed to give the shitte some breathing space.

1 Like

Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by gists: 10:32am On Dec 20, 2015
This is just plain WRONG!!
But truth be told the shia guys brought this on themselves.
It is bad enough to block the road, it is worse to block it on government official (let alone military) but it is suicidal to block it on the COAS.
It would not have taken more than 30secs if they were wise enough to just let the army convoy pass and continue their procession.

BUT, their crime did not in any way call for capital punishment!! It looks like the army just gave them enough rope to hang themselves by capturing on video the army begging the shias. Why on earth did the army had to go back to unleash hell on them? I heard they were to effect some arrest - but if that is true is it the job of the army to effect arrests? What happened to police/sss/dss of this world?
I think whoever sanctioned this was just waiting for the opportunity and he should be made to face the law.

And what is the business of Iran and Saudi in this case? Make dem just face front abeg.
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by carinmom(f): 10:40am On Dec 20, 2015
vedaxcool:
Don't mind them. They are not telling the truth. Most people didn't know why the soldiers attacked his house.Did any of them bothered to explain why a colonel that entered the house to peacefully arrest their leader was attacked by the Shiites and another soldier killed? In fact that was the main reason why the soldiers started firing shots at the house leading to the death of many Shiites.
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by DaBullIT(m): 10:44am On Dec 20, 2015
God is Great

That i know
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by eposho: 10:51am On Dec 20, 2015
@op
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by eposho: 10:54am On Dec 20, 2015
@op what is the point of your video? U lost me completely, military taken position and some one shouting GOS IS GREAT, so?
abeg, government shld take position on all religion and curb there excessiveness. poverty is ravaging the land .
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 20, 2015
Mynd44:

Have you ever served in the military? Have you ever faced armed combatants? Have you ever read the constitution of TFRON?

1 Like

Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2015
gists:
This is just plain WRONG!!
But truth be told the shia guys brought this on themselves.
It is bad enough to block the road, it is worse to block it on government official (let alone military) but it is suicidal to block it on the COAS.
It would not have taken more than 30secs if they were wise enough to just let the army convoy pass and continue their procession.

BUT, their crime did not in any way call for capital punishment!! It looks like the army just gave them enough rope to hang themselves by capturing on video the army begging the shias. Why on earth did the army had to go back to unleash hell on them? I heard they were to effect some arrest - but if that is true is it the job of the army to effect arrests? What happened to police/sss/dss of this world?
I think whoever sanctioned this was just waiting for the opportunity and he should be made to face the law.

And what is the business of Iran and Saudi in this case? Make dem just face front abeg.

Yes, the military performs arrests.

Who arrested Noriega? The police?

Who arrested Saddam? The police?

The Nigerian Police Force is not hardy and equipped enough to affect the arrest of a leader of a religious sect. #Fact

1 Like

Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 20, 2015
AlfaB:

The more I see the attrocities of the zoo army, the more I love my brothers that fought them wella for 3 years.

No matter how I hate islam, I can't stand this video. How can an army that swore to defend its citizens massacre them like this in cold blood?

A point of correction: The oath is to defend against ALL enemies, both foreign and domestic.

I have strong opinions about this which has gotten me a well earned 3 day ban (didn't change my opinion and simply helped solidified that I'm correct since it caused discomfort in someone - truth always hurts grin ).

1 Like

Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by vedaxcool(m): 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2015
carinmom:

Don't mind them. They are not telling the truth. Most people didn't know why the soldiers attacked his house.Did any of them bothered to explain why a colonel that entered the house to peacefully arrest their leader was attacked by the Shiites and another soldier killed? In fact that was the main reason why the soldiers started firing shots at the house leading to the death of many Shiites.

They won't explain why they armerd why they think they should have the right to undertake a procession with machetes sickles and even guns. Rather than review their actions they have decided to demonize everyone else. Their neighbors complain of their excesses somehow everybody else seem to hold a grudge. I patiently await the kaduna state govt report on this matter though they are already labeling him an anti shia extremist.
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by gists: 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Yes, the military performs arrests.

Who arrested Noriega? The police?

Who arrested Saddam? The police?

The Nigerian Police Force is not hardy and equipped enough to affect the arrest of a leader of a religious sect. #Fact
And you couldn't find any credible examples of where soldiers carried out an arrest of a civilian but you had to give instances of arrest made by int'l foreign troops during war. Bros before you also give Laurent Gbagbo of Cote D'ivoire as another example, bear in mind that we talking about ordinary everyday civilians not a political leader causing unrest and destabilizing the country like in the two in your examples.

1 Like

Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2015
gists:

And you couldn't find any credible examples of where soldiers carried out an arrest of a civilian but you had to give instances of arrest made by int'l foreign troops during war. Bros before you also give Laurent Gbagbo of Cote D'ivoire as another example, bear in mind that we talking about ordinary everyday civilians not a political leader causing unrest and destabilizing the country like in the two in your examples.

The very credible examples I wanted to use are the ones I used. While there are many others that exist but I won't be listing them all as it adds no further value.

I've made my point and given solid examples and you've retorted with the usual weak and lame Nairaland method.

So there you go.

PS: I have strong opinion on this which have netted me a ban previously. Ban can never change my opinion and I continue to support my fellow Nigerians who are serving in our military forces and defending the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria against all enemies foreign or domestic.

You should join the military so you can effect change but people like you prefer to be armchair commanders.

2 Likes

Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by crosbreaka: 6:12pm On Dec 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Mr. dont be foolish and blinded by whatever.

Saddam committed war crimes and crimes against humanity. he gassed his own people with chemical weapons. iraq was in a state of war, and american soldiers were soldiers of a foreign occupation force. same with the other examples you gave.

Nigeria is a democracy where freedom of worship, expression and association are enshrined in the constitution to Nigerian citizens. Nigeria, and to be precise, is not in a state of war. before you cite boko haram, this killings in zaria ought to have taken place in sambisa instead.

those examples you are citing are what makes everything about what happened in zaria wrong and condemned. nobody wants Nigeria to be in a state of war like Iraq or Nicaragua in the 80s.

4 Likes

Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 20, 2015
crosbreaka:

I can see the dismal level of your reasoning and debating skills.

You're a waste of my time.

Good bye and continue to wallow in your self pity while the defenders of the constitution are doing a proud job that they were commissioned to do.

Deo et Patria.

1 Like

Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by Omololu007(m): 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
AlfaB:

are you sure you watch the video?
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by Omololu007(m): 6:23pm On Dec 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

The very credible examples I wanted to use are the ones I used. While there are many others that exist but I won't be listing them all as it adds no further value.
so in the USA the army are also in charge of arresting civilians?
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 20, 2015
Omololu007:
so in the USA the army are also in charge of arresting civilians?
lol. See finishing.
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by gists: 7:45am On Dec 21, 2015
crosbreaka:

Saddam committed war crimes and crimes against humanity. he gassed his own people with chemical weapons. iraq was in a state of war, and american soldiers were soldiers of a foreign occupation force. same with the other examples you gave.

Nigeria is a democracy where freedom of worship, expression and association are enshrined in the constitution to Nigerian citizens. Nigeria, and to be precise, is not in a state of war. before you cite boko haram, this killings in zaria ought to have taken place in sambisa instead.

those examples you are citing are what makes everything about what happened in zaria wrong and condemned. nobody wants Nigeria to be in a state of war like Iraq or Nicaragua in the 80s.
Thank you jare. Don't mind the guy. We have a case of civilians being murdered because soldiers were asked to make arrests and he is trying to defend it. Tomorrow when soldiers come to effect arrest because of some domestic disturbance in his area, and he or any of his loved ones fall victim, he will be the first to join Kanu and call Nigeria a z**
No body is defending the shias. I have condemned their action just as every sane person should do. But in as much as I support the army in their fight against terror, it will be diabolical to absolve the army from this madness.
I asked for examples of where soldiers have been drafted to make arrest of civilian in peace time and all he could give is Saddam arrested by foreign troops during gulf war and Mexican Noriega again arrested by US troops.
Re: New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) by deking(m): 8:15am On Dec 21, 2015
The mistake many analyst are making is that the situation was not a civil disturbance. In NA's judgement it was declaration of WAR against the Nigerian state.

If the COAS had turned back as most of you postulated, the headlines would have read "COAS flees from Boko Haram". This wouldn't have been healthy for a man who has a December deadline to clear off Boko Haram. This would definitely have emboldened the boko haram and other sects. Someone posted the rules of engagement of the US military and even they would have forcefully charged their way through if confronted with that sort of challenge as well.

The last of the matter could not have been heard at the roadblock as, because of the casualties involved the COAS would definitely want to give stern warning to the Sect leader and ensure that what happened was properly reported. Reports have it that in the course of this dialogue a soldier was killed at the sect leader's house. This is a crime against the state and obviously no commandant would tolerate this.

I would advise all to balance the reports and pick out the truth. We must not allow any group or individual gain superiority over the NA.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Long term Agriculture is Not Way Foward Industrialization Is. (nigerian Economy) / Wind-generated Electricity Energy / FG Is Working ‘very Hard’ To Contain Security Challenges-jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.