Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Pls Is Paying Ur Tithes And Offering In Another Church A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls Is Paying Ur Tithes And Offering In Another Church A Sin? (971 Views)

Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Is Paying Ur Tithes And Offering In Another Church A Sin? by Holatunde007(m): 10:29am On Dec 20, 2015
Was in a church sermon some minutes ago when our pastor made mention that paying ur tithes in other churches is a terrible sin, and such tithes is unacceptable before the Lord. And I was wondering if there is a chapter in the Bible that backed up what he said.....
Pls what's ur opinion? Could it be true?
Re: Pls Is Paying Ur Tithes And Offering In Another Church A Sin? by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 20, 2015
Endtime pastor
Re: Pls Is Paying Ur Tithes And Offering In Another Church A Sin? by Holatunde007(m): 10:32am On Dec 20, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
Endtime pastor
Pls don't criticise just give ur opinion
Re: Pls Is Paying Ur Tithes And Offering In Another Church A Sin? by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 20, 2015
Holatunde007:
Was in a church sermon some minutes ago when our pastor made mention that paying ur tithes in other churches is a terrible sin, and such tithes is unacceptable before the Lord. And I was wondering if there is a chapter in the Bible that backed up what he said.....
Pls what's ur opinion? Could it be true?
Dear poster, your tithe should be paid in the church where you hear and learn the word of God
Re: Pls Is Paying Ur Tithes And Offering In Another Church A Sin? by Holatunde007(m): 10:41am On Dec 20, 2015
cheenway:

Dear poster, your tithe should be paid in the church where you hear and learn the word of God
Is there any Bible verse that backed it up
Re: Pls Is Paying Ur Tithes And Offering In Another Church A Sin? by virud: 11:15am On Dec 20, 2015
Biblically, I don't think it constitutes a 'sin' per se'.. In the time of Christ, there were no denominations. Church was simply church. But u should nit forsake the assembly of the brethren. If you go to your church on a very good day and can't find a chair to sit on cos they're are all broken or not just enough. Will it be a sin?
Re: Pls Is Paying Ur Tithes And Offering In Another Church A Sin? by virud: 11:20am On Dec 20, 2015
Alternatively, if the holy spirit directs you to split your tithe - fine.
Re: Pls Is Paying Ur Tithes And Offering In Another Church A Sin? by Rukkydelta(f): 11:40am On Dec 20, 2015
Biblically is not. You can pay your tithe in any living church
Re: Pls Is Paying Ur Tithes And Offering In Another Church A Sin? by Annunaki(m): 11:52am On Dec 20, 2015
Biblically christians are not expected to tithe in the first instance and giving of offering is not even compulsory but it's obligatory if you can afford it. As to were you give your offerings, give as the spirit leads. You can even give your offerings to the poor and needy. Giving of offerings or tithes should never be seen as paying for services rendered thus it should only go to a particular place of worship.
Re: Pls Is Paying Ur Tithes And Offering In Another Church A Sin? by Holatunde007(m): 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2015
virud:
Biblically, I don't think it constitutes a 'sin' per se'.. In the time of Christ, there were no denominations. Church was simply church. But u should nit forsake the assembly of the brethren. If you go to your church on a very good day and can't find a chair to sit on cos they're are all broken or not just enough. Will it be a sin?
This where I have issues, I feel at times that my tithe is more needed for other churches than my church, my church is big enough that they wont even notice my tithe even if I pay in millions while other church need it most......
Re: Pls Is Paying Ur Tithes And Offering In Another Church A Sin? by virud: 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2015
Holatunde007:

This where I have issues, I feel at times that my tithe is more needed for other churches than my church, my church is big enough that they wont even notice my tithe even if I pay in millions while other church need it most......
Be that as it may. Every single ministry needs money/resources no matter how big you might think they are or have become. You think your 'widows might' is unnecessary? You could be dead wrong!
Re: Pls Is Paying Ur Tithes And Offering In Another Church A Sin? by dorox(m): 12:48pm On Dec 20, 2015
I doubt if your pastor will consider it a sin when he is the one receiving a fat tithe envelope from somebody who is from a different church. Your pastor is just a typical greedy Man of God hustling for a slice of the ever shrinking pie.
In a few years time pastors will start going after each other to protect their interest like the mafia.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

No Point Being Judgmental; We All Might Be Going To Hell / Would Adam Have Gone To Heaven If He Did Not Sin? / Peace For The Financially Abused In The Church (tithing Can Kill You)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.