Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) (193619 Views)

Military Training At International Conference Centre Abuja, Not Bomb Blast / Some Insane Military Training Around The World. / Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by bawomolo(m): 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2009
IFELEKE:

Yes, They admit intakes from some african countries including south africa,ghan,cameroun et al

Nigeria has a better military school than Egypt or Algeria??

hmm i would call BS on this one.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by tpiah: 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

@ Tpia,

Look at the belt loop. is that the kind of loop u have on your green trouser

oh, you mean the belt holes.

ok, you've convinced me.

However, I'm sure I can buy the required outfit should I need one.

And my main question still stands:

Is corporal punishment a part of Nigerian culture or not?

what other forms of discipline do we have in that country?
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 08, 2009
actually some of the pics are prolly Nigerian Military School  - NMS
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by IFELEKE(m): 6:53pm On Jun 08, 2009
bawomolo:

Nigeria has a better military school than Egypt or Algeria??

hmm i would call BS on this one.
Find Out.

Sunny_bobo:

@ Ifeleke,

Man O'war in Military fatigue?
Of course.
Man O' War is a Para-Military Outifit with military trainings and orientation infact, some of their formations now carry arms( a classic example is the formation in university of ado ekiti;Th use of arms on students led to a recent crises in the school.)
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:20pm On Jun 08, 2009
Can all these stop a bullet?
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:22pm On Jun 08, 2009
^^ interesting question you pose. Are you the shooter?
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by bandely(m): 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2009
Na wa oooooooo, na so we go dey?
JosBoy4Lif:

^^ interesting question you pose. Are you the shooter?
Sunny_bobo:

Can all these stop a bullet?
LMAO
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by MrCrackles(m): 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by kayc33(m): 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2009
cheesy cheesy shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by becomrich15: 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2009
I remember, some of the things this nigeria military put us thru calling it training.
One of them said i look at him and made me sit in the sun in the north 38 C for nothing . Is that training.

See the USA army which you are about to faces if you claim you rig election in 2011.  Remove Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into Benin republic. They would kill all of you. For God sake . Remove Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic and now introduce the Nigeria-Benin paliament.

If you people think, because Obama is black they would not attack nigeria if they rig the election in 2011. You are joking, I mean Joking. How to claim Obama a man is been racist  for ordering an attack on Nigeria. Which africa country would believe and support. That A black man Obama order attack on Nigeria. Believe me , Obama would order attack on Nigeria, if you rig the election. So quickly remove Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic and now introduce the Nigeria-Benin paliament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrNBD78j--4&hl
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by IKEYMAN1: 11:03pm On Jun 08, 2009
hmmm some head is gradually reachin kolo-mode lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by jidobaba(m): 11:19pm On Jun 08, 2009
Becomerich, i can never vote for you.
I do not think you are well.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 08, 2009
@Sunny_bobo, more pix pls. grin grin LMAO!!!

Now, this is simply called 'Survival Of The Fittest'
e no eazy, boi.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by bawomolo(m): 11:39pm On Jun 08, 2009
becomrich,:

I remember, some of the things this nigeria military put us thru calling it training.
One of them said i look at him and made me sit in the sun in the north 38 C for nothing . Is that training.

See the USA army which you are about to faces if you claim you rig election in 2011.  Remove Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into Benin republic. They would kill all of you. For God sake . Remove Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic and now introduce the Nigeria-Benin paliament.

If you people think, because Obama is black they would not attack nigeria if they rig the election in 2011. You are joking, I mean Joking. How to claim Obama a man is been racist  for ordering an attack on Nigeria. Which africa country would believe and support. That A black man Obama order attack on Nigeria. Believe me , Obama would order attack on Nigeria, if you rig the election. So quickly remove Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic and now introduce the Nigeria-Benin paliament.

someone spent too much time on their head grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by davidif: 11:50pm On Jun 08, 2009
what kind of absolute nonsense is this? Instead of this guys being taught millitary tactics and counter-insurgency they are being taught how to plant there head on stones. No wonder they can't quell the niger delta crisis. Incompetence breeds incompetence.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by oyinda3(f): 11:57pm On Jun 08, 2009
very weird forms of physical training
esp the clay guy with the small tree planted on his head undecided
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Jun 09, 2009
Those men are being tortured!!!! shocked
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by Nobody: 2:44am On Jun 09, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Those men are being tortured!!!! shocked

You lost this one already. . . . . cos some people have convinced us that it's normal. undecided
You have to except it if you love your country. tongue
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by jamace(m): 3:28am On Jun 09, 2009
smiley wink cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:01am On Jun 09, 2009
You guys are missing the point. If you successfully pass thgrough this training, especially placing your head on stones, U can use your head to block any type of bullet grin except intercontinental ballistic missile angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by Litmus: 8:04am On Jun 09, 2009
Some of you anti Nigerians are retarded. The pity is some Nigerians actually believe all your craps. I went to Government College Ughelli even our cadet training there was probably more sophisticated than the military training in many of those other flea-beaten West African countries most of you originate.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by Afam(m): 8:29am On Jun 09, 2009
becomrich,:

What brand of grass have you been smoking? What really goes on in your head?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by desgiezd(m): 9:37am On Jun 09, 2009
Even if these are punishments, are they meant for correction or for death?
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by AloyEmeka9: 10:01am On Jun 09, 2009
www.nairaland.com/attachments/153347_NDA_1_jpga1f46a428339049f5c835a7d191b6260
Zombies in training. Where are the amphibious pictures?.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by jaybee3(m): 10:07am On Jun 09, 2009
What's the big deal? that's the norm punishment dashed out to us at command secondary schools.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by spikedcylinder: 10:28am On Jun 09, 2009
So grown men are flogged in broad daylight as a form of punishment?
Thank goodness the Military is no longer in power. I hear there was a time civilians used to get flogged for erring civic laws.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by desgiezd(m): 10:57am On Jun 09, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I hear there was a time civilians used to get flogged for erring civic laws.

If one offended them and escaped with mere flogging, that means that individual was very lucky. Some were made to do frog jumping for hours until their legs would begin to wobble while some were made to be rolling on the ground irrespective of the kind of dresses they had on.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by ElRazur: 11:31am On Jun 09, 2009
This debate of Nigeria's military being the best have been done by me and a few others to death on facebook.

For starters, have a look on CIA fact book and see how Nigeria is rated. Then to get a more general view, please do a bit of Googling here and there. Nigeria's military is not exactly the best in Africa, talk less of our "National Army Training Center"

Ghana alone have a better "Reconnaissance unit" than us, in fact, their Reconnaissance out is rated as the best in Africa - this is due to the fact that their overall Army number is smaller than us and hence able to afford better training approach etc.

I see already that a few people have been mentioning that NDA take in people from across Africa. Oh please, they do alright, however it is a common knowledge that Allies military forces regular learn about each other. The Brits have trained along side Nigeria's men, just the same way other African countries have trained along side US forces.

As for those photos, I would like to think they look more like some sort of punishment and in no way to measure "fitness" like someone was trying to say.

How about this for fitness? I recently applied to join The Army here as a B.M.S and most of the things I have to do, your typical Nigerian man may not be able to pull it off. I aint even lying. smiley I know a few people would be up in arms again, but Bleep em all. smiley

In the British Army, depending on what unit you have to join - your basic training may just be slightly different. For example if joining the Parachute regiment - People who usually get dropped off deep behind enemy lines etc then you will need to run 1.5 miles [2.6km or so] in less than 9mins. However, due to the fact that I wanted to join as a Medic my category falls to running 1.5miles in under 14mins. I thought it was going to be easy, but my god it wasn't. My best time so far is about 11mins and 35secs.

Prior to running, one have to do Proper push ups of about 50 or so in less than 2mins. Then you have to do 30 Press ups in less than a min, then go jogging 1.5miles. Now that is what I call fitness. Also after that you will need to pull 20kg on each arm. This is the grip test and used to determine one's capacity etc. There are other things like Bench test - involves using some machines etc. One have to do. And all of these, before one goes for the basic training test in Pirbright. No wonder, they have one of the best forces in the world.

Nigeria military is still way behind and even for an African country that is supposedly peaceful we lack the resources. Our navy are still using dated Frigate when the Navies of the world have war ships the size of Stadium. So when we talk of military forces, we still have a very long way to go. In my opinion, our military have the power to control the Nigerian masses and that is just about it.

Am I anti-Nigerian? Nope. I just say it as it is. If you have seen the Ocean and sea, the local river is more or less a minor issue.

smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by jimmysho(m): 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2009
it is not a news that corporal punishment is part of the military training globally.

so, we should stop being under the dilution that such is peculiar to naija military alone. mind u, all those military training stuffs are imported tactics into nigeria military from the colonial days.

come to the US military training, ur eyes will see more than enough 'brutality'
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by OneNaija(m): 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2009
I told you guys before those Nigeria Army are Zombie.Real Zombie Jorojajoro. God Help Nigeria. Amen
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by Litmus: 1:47pm On Jun 09, 2009
ElRazur wrote

ElRazur
For starters, have a look on CIA fact book and see how Nigeria is rated. Then to get a more general view, please do a bit of Googling here and there. Nigeria's military is not exactly the best in Africa, talk less of our "National Army Training Center"

I've just cheked the CIA Fact book

what CIA rating are you refering to?

Is it the one that states:

This entry gives spending on defense programs for the most recent year available as a percent of gross domestic product (GDP); the GDP is calculated on an exchange rate basis, i.e., not in terms of purchasing power parity (PPP).

Then goes on to state Canada 1.1% of GDP (2005 est.) and Nigeria 1.5% of GDP (2006)

Should one then take the above to mean Nigeria has a more sophisticated or powerful military than Canada? 

Or

that Zimbabwe 3.8% of GDP (2006) is more powerfull than United Kingdom 2.4% of GDP (2005 est.)

Perhaps

Oman (11.40 % of GDP) 2005 est is more powerful than China (4.30 % of GDP) 2006 est ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) by ElRazur: 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2009
jimmysho:

it is not a news that corporal punishment is part of the military training globally.

so, we should stop being under the dilution that such is peculiar to naija military alone. mind u, all those military training stuffs are imported tactics into nigeria military from the colonial days.

come to the US military training, ur eyes will see more than enough 'brutality'

There is coporal punishment and then there is brutality. What I have seen in these photos are brutality territory. It does not make a refined military men or a killing machine. It instead builds a psycopath - evident in the killing of civillians in Nigeria. The beating and almost stripping naked of that ibo girl by military force.

It also seem illogical that you blame colonial masters for something in 2009. Do you not think these men runnnig our military have a mind of their own, other than the long gone colonial people? Just a thought.
Litmus:

ElRazur wrote

I've just cheked the CIA Fact book

what CIA rating are you refering to?

Is it the one that states:

This entry gives spending on defense programs for the most recent year available as a percent of gross domestic product (GDP); the GDP is calculated on an exchange rate basis, i.e., not in terms of purchasing power parity (PPP).

Then goes on to state Canada 1.1% of GDP (2005 est.)

1.5% of GDP (2006) Nigeria 1.5% of GDP (2006)

Should one then take the above to mean Nigeria has a more sophisticated or powerful military than Canada?

I don't get your point. Remember, anyone who do not share your school of thought must be anti-nigeria right? CIA fact book is more or less a review of countries of the world based of known facts and facts that are updated / declassified. Make of it as what you will, but it gives an insight about a nation in many ways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Is Dead! / Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. / 2019 Presidential Election Results Announcement By Mahmood Yakubu, INEC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.