Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers (1157 Views)

Fayose Climbs Ladder To Inspect Flyover Construction (Photos) / Kwankwaso Climbs Ladder To Inspect A Flyover Project: Pic / Breaking News: Nigerian Govt Orders Immediate Withdrawal Of Troops From ND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by dahaz(m): 10:44pm On Dec 20, 2015
The Honourable Minister of State for Aviation,
Senator Hadi Sirika has directed an immediate
investigation into the use of an unauthorized
equipment by Aero Contractors Airlines at the
conclusion of a charter flight to Bauchi over
the weekend.
Several reports received by the Honourable
Minister have indicated the airline used a
ladder to disembark passengers from a Boeing
737 aircraft at the Bauchi airport on Saturday
December 19th 2015.
According to the Minister, the act is
inconsistent with Nigeria Civil Aviation
Regulations (NCARs) and International Civil
Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and
Recommended Practices (SARPS).
The investigation will determine the
immediate and remote causes of the incident
with a view to developing and implementing
measures that will prevent a reoccurrence of
the unsafe and unacceptable procedure that
exposed
passengers to high risk of serious injury.
He reiterated that if the airline is found
culpable, the full weight of sanctions within
extant laws and regulations would be applied
on it.
The Honourable Minister assures the traveling
public that the Ministry of Transportation in
collaboration with Nigerian Civil Aviation
Authority (NCAA) will ensure strict adherence
to the Nigerian Civil Aviation Regulations as
well as ICAO Standards and Recommended
Practices by all operators.
Sirika further states that the ministry will not
shriek in its responsibility to ensure a safe
and secure air transport services which he
views as sacrosanct.
Signed
James Odaudu
Deputy Director, Press and Public Affairs.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/195487-nigerian-govt-orders-probe-of-aero-contractors-for-using-ladder-to-disembark-passengers.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by Baboo13(m): 10:49pm On Dec 20, 2015
*Modified- I thought its the senate that wants to set up a committee but in the end I won't be suprised if they set up another

Use the committee to siphon money again

Right step by the Minister, I hope the investigations reaches a logical conclusion
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by olafirstt: 10:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
I tire oo my country wit funny caracter
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by dahaz(m): 10:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
Baboo13:
You want to set up a probe panel because one airline used ladder

Something they can just direct the Aviation authorities to look into it

Must we set up panel for every and any single thing that happens in this country??
No were in the article that a probe panel was mentioned.What the minister said was investigation.
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by merry02(m): 11:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
Change noni
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by allytinted: 11:16pm On Dec 20, 2015
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by Delphi(m): 11:45pm On Dec 20, 2015
That action is the worst embarrassment of the year 2015. The initiator of that wrong ingenuity did not think of the implication of such sordid act. Can they actually confirm that in Bauchi airport its only one motorized stair for passenger disembarking that they have, in this 21st century!. That was an eye-sore and a national embarrassment. I sincerely hope that appropriate deterrent action should be taken against any ensuing lapses/ laxity.

1 Like

Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by dahaz(m): 5:49am On Dec 21, 2015
Delphi:
That action is the worst embarrassment of the year 2015. The initiator of that wrong ingenuity did not think of the implication of such sordid act. Can they actually confirm that in Bauchi airport its only one motorized stair for passenger disembarking that they have, in this 21st century!. That was an eye-sore and a national embarrassment. I sincerely hope that appropriate deterrent action should be taken against any ensuing lapses/ laxity.
I think most of the blame should be on the regulatory agency NCAA
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by gulfer: 6:08am On Dec 21, 2015
All the fans of Stealer Oduah, come and give reasons for this. Shebi she renovated all the airports.
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by joseph1832(m): 6:40am On Dec 21, 2015
What's there to even investigate? Aero used a ladder to disembark passengers plain and simple. If there are any penalties, Aero should be made to face it, and we all know should the investigation show Aero to be guilty, they might even walk away with just a slap on the wrist.
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by Baboo13(m): 6:56am On Dec 21, 2015
dahaz:

No were in the article that a probe panel was mentioned.What the minister said was investigation.

Yh I've modified my post. I won't be suprised if a panel is set up in the end
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by brunofarad(m): 7:11am On Dec 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by OFFICIAL336: 7:28am On Dec 21, 2015
gulfer:
All the fans of Stealer Oduah, come and give reasons for this. Shebi she renovated all the airports.
Yes, this is how we know a zombie, always waiting to feed on people's blood and yet their flesh decays away. Aren't you tired of being a zombie and a crawling BOT? Anyway, the broomers will be so happy. Other zombies should sign in.
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by sosanova: 8:05am On Dec 21, 2015
Amaechi the transport minister should resign honourably or be sacked
this has become an international embarrassment.
Other countries are already making jest of us.

Kenya Nation TV mocks Nigeria over using ladder to board flight

www.nairaland.com/2814537/video-kenya-national-tv-mocks
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 21, 2015
This is better than the prophesied PLANE CRASH by the pastor.
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by allycat: 8:43am On Dec 21, 2015
It is not the job of Aero to disembark passengers but that of FAAN. The airlines pay FAN for this service so if it is not available they are to blame.
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by allycat: 8:49am On Dec 21, 2015
Sorry I meant NAHCO not FAAN.
Re: Govt. Orders Probe Of Airline For Using Ladder To Disembark Passengers by gulfer: 5:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
OFFICIAL336:

Yes, this is how we know a zombie, always waiting to feed on people's blood and yet their flesh decays away. Aren't you tired of being a zombie and a crawling BOT? Anyway, the broomers will be so happy. Other zombies should sign in.
And do you think in your dementia you have passed a message

(1) (Reply)

N1.4trn Fine: FG Calls Mtn’s Bluff, Says Dec 31 Deadline Subsists / Buhari Loses Patience, Storms Out Of Meeting With Ezekwesili's #BBOG Group / What Obama Told Nyesom Wike After The SC Judgment (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.