Stats: 3,162,654 members, 7,851,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:38 PM

I’ll Overcome My Political Challenges –wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Overcome My Political Challenges –wike (459 Views)

'i’ll Dine With The Devil To Ensure Lagos Is Safe' - Edgal Imohimi / Next Edo Governor Must Come Frm My Political Family i.e Ize Iyamu- Igbinedion / Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

I’ll Overcome My Political Challenges –wike by ORACLE1975(m): 6:49am On Dec 21, 2015
The Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, has said that he will emerge victorious at the end, despite his current political challenges.

Wike, who was making a veiled reference to the Appeal Court ruling that nullified his election, urged the people of the state not to be afraid of the manipulations of those who had ganged up against the state.

Addressing thousands of Christian faithful at the First Rivers State Christmas Carol in Port Harcourt on Saturday, Wike said since he started politics, he had never had any victory cheaply, stressing that the current challenge would not be different.

“I was the only council chairman in the country whose political litigation got to the Supreme Court during the 1999 electioneering process. I got my victory at the Supreme Court in April, 2000,” Wike recalled.

He explained that as Christians, Rivers people should always look unto God for their salvation, pointing out that the machinations of men could never overcome the will of God.

The governor said, “When God is doing something, He wants you to know that He alone deserves the glory and praise.”

On the First Rivers State Christmas Carol, Wike said the programme was organised to give God the glory for the successful take-off of his administration and to pray for the consolidation of the development already attained.

He explained that the initiation of the Carol programme was not the end of CARNIRIV, noting that the cultural programme would be held in future.

The governor noted that during his campaign consultation with the clergy, he promised to appoint a Special Adviser on Religious Matters, hold a major Christian programme and build an Ecumenical Centre for all Christians in the state.

Wike stated that he had already accomplished two while the Ecumenical Centre would be constructed soon.

The Special Adviser on Religious Matters to the Governor, Bishop Winston Iwo, described the programme as an inter-denominational thanksgiving to God for ensuring that the state weathered the storms, despite the numerous challenges facing it.

Source www.punchng.com/ill-overcome-my-polical-challenges-wike-2/

Re: I’ll Overcome My Political Challenges –wike by tyson99(m): 6:51am On Dec 21, 2015
of course you will overcome it in your house msschheewww oga start packing your load jare
Re: I’ll Overcome My Political Challenges –wike by Demmocrats(m): 7:14am On Dec 21, 2015
“I was the only council chairman in the country whose political litigation got to the Supreme Court during the 1999 electioneering process. I got my victory at the Supreme Court in April, 2000,” Wike recalled.

You got it because PDP was in power then and you where in good terms with them. Its not by your power, just pray that APC doesn't succeed because they are after all the Oil producing state to cut PDP from funding.

Assassins Attack APC Chieftain, Kill Policeman - Read Details / The Essence And The Excess Of Christmas / There Is No Vacancy In Hilltop Mansion —-governor Udom Christmas Message

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9