Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? (46334 Views)

"Africans In Diaspora Are Jealous Of Each Other" - U.S Lady Cries Out / Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic / Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by Matinho: 2:32am On Dec 29, 2015
Pidggin:

Have you received yet? If you are waiting for your parents to send you money, you are in for it BIG TIME! Better go and look for work if you don't want to starve there.

Hahahaha. The caveman is still waiting for mummy to send money cheesy .

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by britiko: 5:48am On Jan 02, 2016
JayJustus:

western union and moneygram bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Western union allow 240dols per transaction and you can only send a thousand dols per quater.
Same applies to money gram.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by uchetobi(f): 10:36pm On Jan 02, 2016
Matinho:

The cave just above yours. Go to the bank tomorrow and send money through western union,come back here to tell us your experience.smh

Recieved moneygram on wed and Thursday. $750 each from Nigeria. Don't want to mention the name of the bank yet, cuz I'm not done receiving

My flat mate recieved almost 6k -4K moneygram and 2k western union.....

So yes I repeat again, let's stop spreading wrong information. Outbound moneygram and western union is still very much functional

Cc:Jayjustus

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by elderken(m): 9:56am On Jan 04, 2016
Email i got from my bank
FCMB (ebusiness@fcmb.com)
Add to contacts
02/01/2016
You can keep using your FCMB cards in the new year; at any time, anywhere in the world!
Simply notify us before travelling to ensure seamless use of your International Cards (MasterCard & VISA) abroad.

Below are tips to guide you when making international transactions;

There is a daily ATM withdrawal limit of $100 and a daily POS and online purchase transaction limit of $400 both of which are subject to a $3,000 per month transaction limit; this is due to the fluctuation in the exchange rate.

ATM Withdrawal
Amount

POS and Online
transaction Limits

Daily

$100

$400

Monthly

both are subject to a monthly limit of $3,000
You need to call our Contact Centre or notify your account officer before travelling to USA, Malaysia, Indonesia and other countries where the use of chip & PIN is not available so that your card can be activated for use in these locations.
Before travelling, ensure you create a web transaction PIN (iPIN) for online transactions with your VISA card on any FCMB ATM.
Keep your card, card numbers and PIN safe. FCMB will not ask you to reveal your card numbers in full via email or over the phone.
Keep the contact centre number (+234–12798800) handy if you need to call.
Only use your MasterCard or Visa card on websites, POS and ATMs where you see the recognised symbols.
Ensure you sign the signature panel on the back of your card.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by bezimo(m): 5:05am On Jan 05, 2016
Does anyone here stay in America or Canada or EU and would like some Naira to be paid into their account in 9ja for the exhange of sending me dollars or euros into my account abroad.
please message me if you are in that position.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by bezimo(m): 5:11am On Jan 05, 2016
uchetobi:

Recieved moneygram on wed and Thursday. $750 each from Nigeria. Don't want to mention the name of the bank yet, cuz I'm not done receiving

My flat mate recieved almost 6k -4K moneygram and 2k western union.....

So yes I repeat again, let's stop spreading wrong information. Outbound moneygram and western union is still very much functional

Cc:Jayjustus

I need to follow your footsteps as I need dollars transferred to me.I have naira in my account but cant access it following CBN restriction. I havent received from Western Union or money gram platforms before. Can you advice on how I go about this.
Thanks.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by uchetobi(f): 4:10am On Jan 06, 2016
bezimo:

I need to follow your footsteps as I need dollars transferred to me.I have naira in my account but cant access it following CBN restriction. I havent received from Western Union or money gram platforms before. Can you advice on how I go about this.
Thanks.

You need to get someone (or multiple people) in Nigeria to help you send it. Diamond bank, access bank are giving but max of $1000/ quarter: person

So the no of people you need depend on how much you want to send to yourself

They fill a form, pay the charges and pronto you get it here at any Walmart or moneygram outlet here in the USA
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by diva90: 6:16am On Jan 06, 2016
Are banks still selling PTA/BTA?
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by futurewise11(m): 9:55am On Jan 06, 2016
Any one interested in naira for euro swap? I have euro if u are interested in a swap with naira.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by bezimo(m): 11:03am On Jan 06, 2016
futurewise11:
Any one interested in naira for euro swap? I have euro if u are interested in a swap with naira.

I am interested.I have a euro account and need euros. I can send the equivalent Naira.
Message me lets discuss the terms.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by futurewise11(m): 11:37am On Jan 06, 2016
bezimo:

I am interested.I have a euro account and need euros. I can send the equivalent Naira.
Message me lets discuss the terms.

Ok..
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by Nobody: 2:30am On Jan 09, 2016
bezimo:
Does anyone here stay in America or Canada or EU and would like some Naira to be paid into their account in 9ja for the exhange of sending me dollars or euros into my account abroad.
please message me if you are in that position.

Check out Aroko FX they will be able to help you with this.

Contact them on Instagram @arokofx or their facebook page. Their rates are also the best
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by futurewise11(m): 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2016

Check out Aroko FX they will be able to help you with this.

Contact them on Instagram @arokofx or their facebook page. Their rates are also the best

The deal has been done already by both parties.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by juicestews: 10:38am On Jan 15, 2016
Matinho:

Hahahaha. The caveman is still waiting for mummy to send money cheesy .

i told you i'd be back...so caveman here is my receipt of what I received...now comment..i'm waiting

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by eroticboy: 7:57am On Jan 15, 2017
AbuMaryam1:

Uncle, if we didnt patronize how our manufacturers would conform with SON? At least we have to buy to boost their morale and makes them competitive. You have forgotten our attitudes towards local products create a vacuumed with the so called international standard. My point let's appreciate the effort of our industries and participate morally and economically they will prosper one day. The government of the day is determined to revert this country to the path of glory considering what's on the ground. Most of these initiation are made by previous govt, but because of the political implication they felt to implement them. Let's tell ourselves the truth these are policies designed to make Nigeria project work , they're very difficult , but approaching them is the best thing to do.

I strongly disagree with you sir. Your policies are designed, developed and mostly executed by people who have no idea about what they are doing. Let us never do anything of importance out of sentiments or we will regret. Our actions inclusive of patronizing Nigerian goods should be on the basis of value. Improve or enforce the quality first. It is guaranteed then that patronage will follow.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by eroticboy: 7:01pm On Mar 02, 2019
no i disagree.
the socalled policies you are quoting need to enforce quality.
patronising low value low quality made in Nigeria products will not make it grow.
Enforcing quality and encouraging said quality will.

AbuMaryam1:

Uncle, if we didnt patronize how our manufacturers would conform with SON? At least we have to buy to boost their morale and makes them competitive. You have forgotten our attitudes towards local products create a vacuumed with the so called international standard. My point let's appreciate the effort of our industries and participate morally and economically they will prosper one day. The government of the day is determined to revert this country to the path of glory considering what's on the ground. Most of these initiation are made by previous govt, but because of the political implication they felt to implement them. Let's tell ourselves the truth these are policies designed to make Nigeria project work , they're very difficult , but approaching them is the best thing to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos City: Allen Avenue And Opebi In Pictures (Video) / 10 Exotic Vacations Nigerians Can Take Without A Visa / Old Ojo Road, Lagos New Sin City: Residents Lament As Brothels Take Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.