Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times (27524 Views)

Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme / 2016 budget of fraud: Inside The Massive FRAUD In Buhari’s Budget.-premium Times / How Jonathan Govt. Issued Multi Billion Naira Rice Import Quotas Last Day In Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by themilanway(m): 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
LordAdam:

Show me where I said categorically that Premium Times is an APC paper in my reply? Na Sango go specially create the thunder wen go fire you.

I said "the intent was wrong". And I also said the "writeup was okay". The controversy may have been injected to spark interest rather than for political reasons. Next time, comprehend before replying.

-Lord

Your brain obviously needs some formating.

"Intent was wrong"but"write up was okay"Aren't you contradicting yourself dullapo?

1 Like

Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by LordAdam: 9:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
themilanway:

"Intent was wrong"but"write up was okay"Aren't you contradicting yourself dullapo?

Don't blame me for using terms you can't understand. Blame your father for not sending you to a good school.

Lying Liar!

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by EternalTruths: 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2015
omohayek:

It is a terrible policy, as it attempts to give politicians the power to choose winners and losers, distorting market signals while providing opportunities for theft. Taken to its logical conclusion, policies that try to favor domestic producers over foreign ones lead to autarky, which is not working so well for the North Koreans last I heard.

A better policy (irrespective of administration) is to have a low and uniform tariff across all goods and services, without giving politicians any discretionary power whatsoever over who gets to sell what at which price, or any scope to provide subsidies of any sort.

Do you understand the nonsense you wrote

Please read it again and call me back to enlighten you on why your idea is thoughtless cool

1 Like

Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by fortune1968: 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2015
menxer:
I wonder if there is a "hole" left in Nigeria economy that Team GEJ didn't ravished with a dick or a finger.
grin
U re right .jona DICK was used truout fingers were not used. jona...d clueless !

1 Like

Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by themilanway(m): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
LordAdam:

Don't blame me for using terms you can't understand. Blame your father for not sending you to a good school.

Lying Liar!

-Lord

NL is seriously messed up with kids these days,I thought I was having a decent convo with a sound and mature mind.

Kindly get off my mention.

Thanks
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by LordAdam: 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2015
1freshdude:

You and your likes should shove your lame 8explanations up your arse! GEJ antecedents shows that he is an unintelligent, low life, incompetent and corrupt bastard! How do you even begin to tell people that a man who siphoned money meant for Arms procurement is innocent of this ordinary rice scam? even when it is obvious that the beneficiaries of this bazaar are his political accolades? People should learn to shut their trap when they have nothing meaningful to say. You guys are shameless and unintelligent!
Businessmen take advantage of government policies in every clime but this was no taking advantage of the situation, this was outright fraud! And they always succeed in Nigeria because people that are supposed to be leading us purposely refuse to do there due diligence, and use their friends to divert communal resource,yet rats like you come up here to defend them. Look at the coys on the write up, all of them where affiliated to the past thief's.

Dasukigate should remove all doubts on what GEJ and his many thieves did!

Your foolishness knows no bound. If you say Dasukigate should remove all doubts, then the lie propagated by PMB that he doesn't know what subsidy means while campaigning only to pay subsidy after becoming president should mean that he is a dishonest dullard who reason with his an.us.

You on the other hand are worthless. Look at the thrash you called a reply. You can't even comprehend an article. Otondo!

-Lord
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by LordAdam: 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
themilanway:

NL is seriously messed up with kids these days,I thought I was having a decent convo with a sound and mature mind.

Kindly get off my mention.

Thanks

I am not at your level. You have comprehension problems so it is clear discussing with you is like pouring water into a basket. Purely worthless.

Nonsense!

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by fortune1968: 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
themilanway:

leave am.wailers get sense ?
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by openmine(m): 10:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
LordAdam:

IDIOTS!!!

Did you guys read the article?

EKPA!!!

Was it GEJ that told the companies not to fulfill their end of the bargain? Is the PMB government not still maintaining the illicit rice quota 6 months into the government? Is it not the same thing that is happening with fuel subsidy? Did the PMB government not pay the fraudulent marketers N400b a few weeks back.

You guys are the evil in Nigeria. POT calling KETTLE black. HYPOCRITES!!!

-Lord
My broda u have done well...my thoughts exactly...pls don't blame them....its just that some of the individuals here can't really comprehend a write up or maybe failed English language in their wassec exams....
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by LordAdam: 10:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
fortune1968:
wailer ,how does this justify jona ineptitude.? pmb should have known everything in a day ? truly u be EKPA !

Fool! Was PMB sworn in yesterday? It has been 7 months already. Ewu!

-Lord
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by kevade: 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2015
LordAdam:

If that is all you got from the article, then you are a lost cause. In fact, educating you is a sin, because it will have no impact on you.

Zombie!

-Lord

You are quite educated with your hopelessness and wailing behaviour. You are part of the problem in this society of ours. Your application of logic is nauseating and continues to permeate within WAILERS like yourself. Proponents of illegality to soot your greed and no policy justifications. Proponents of corruption not being stealing so as to destroy the moral fabric of our society.

You are a disgrace to our generation for your vituperations which lack decorum.
The idea of decorum eludes your likes and would want us to believe the virus eating u up is incurable.

I have good news for you, CHANGE IS HERE. Embrace it so you can be saved.

3 Likes

Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by LordAdam: 10:03pm On Dec 21, 2015
fortune1968:
leave am.wailers get sense ?

Zombie, you get brain?

-Lord
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by LordAdam: 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2015
kevade:

You are quite educated with your hopelessness and wailing behaviour. You are part of the problem in this society of ours. Your application of logic is nauseating and continues to permeate within WAILERS like yourself. Proponents of illegality to soot your greed and no policy justifications. Proponents of corruption not being stealing so as to destroy the moral fabric of our society.

You are a disgrace to our generation for your vituperations which lack decorum.
The idea of decorum eludes your likes and would want us to believe the virus eating u up is incurable.

I have good news for you, CHANGE IS HERE. Embrace it so you can be saved.

Allah forbid! What change?

Increasing electricity rate by up to 60% is your change ba?

Even after paying marketers the money owed them, there is scarcity, is that your change?

Or the meaningless killings and disregard of court orders, is that the change?

Make me no mention the exchange rate, regressive policies, and you guys eating your vomit like dogs (no subsidy, there is subsidy, remove subsidy).

Gerrarrahia Idiot!

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by advocates: 10:16pm On Dec 21, 2015
The much taunted agricultural revolution in last govt was after all a hoax. Just like any other thing, there's always another ugly side to the Jonathan administration. Any aspect of the past govt you point, there is one story or another to tell. Even the most respected social figures are culpable in all corruption cases.

This is a conglomerate of corporate thieves who converged to feed fat on the naivety of Mr. Jonathan. At this junction, I'm concern if the presidency and efcc would have the stamina that will last enough to nip this ugly stench threatening our nation hoop in the bud.
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by 1freshdude: 10:16pm On Dec 21, 2015
LordAdam:

Your foolishness knows no bound. If you say Dasukigate should remove all doubts, then the lie propagated by PMB that he doesn't know what subsidy means while campaigning only to pay subsidy after becoming president should mean that he is a dishonest dullard who reason with his an.us.

You on the other hand are worthless. Look at the thrash you called a reply. You can't even comprehend an article. Otondo!

-Lord

Lord of fools! Keep receiving yourself on Nairaland.
You, your pay masters and every person who says Nigeria will not move forward will not progress too. Where is Alams today? Shey he died of a curable ailment at PH teaching hospital after siphoning money that could build hundred state of the art hospitals.
Over to Lord of imbeciles! Nairaland no go kill person!
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by LordAdam: 10:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
1freshdude:

Lord of fools! Keep receiving yourself on Nairaland.
You, your pay masters and every person who says Nigeria will not move forward will not progress too. Where is Alams today? Shey he died of a curable ailment at PH teaching hospital after siphoning money that could build hundred state of the art hospitals.
Over to Lord of imbeciles! Nairaland no go kill person!

And you are celebrating an slowpoke that spent billions to construct a flying mono rail. And did not know that trains operated in Nigeria until after he had been made minister of transport.

Shift go one side. I can see you have contracted PMB's body odor. Smelly sepulchre!

-Lord
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by kevade: 10:29pm On Dec 21, 2015
LordAdam:

Allah forbid! What change?

Increasing electricity rate by up to 60% is your change ba?

Even after paying marketers the money owed them, there is scarcity, is that your change?

Or the meaningless killings and disregard of court orders, is that the change?

Make me no mention the exchange rate, regressive policies, and you guys eating your vomit like dogs (no subsidy, there is subsidy, remove subsidy).

Gerrarrahia Idiot!

-Lord

I dey feel you. How would u appreciate change. You are still in shock. Your months of wailing is reaching a crescendo.
You want light, but don't want to pay for it. You want fuel, well as long as we get our share and settle our pockets. You stabilise the Naira yet spend it on campaign parties, burials, naming ceremonies, hiring of private jets etc while our foreign reserves are depleted, you want to fight boko haram, while you use it as an excuse to siphon public funds both appropriated and unappropriated. You want to stop militancy while you provide the militants with free cash to arm themselves with while hardworking Nigerians look in disdain. Paddy man the road to heaven is long and narrow but that to destruction.........

Let me assure you the the PMB GOVERNMENT has restored the hopes of the common man. For us to take the strides we deserve we must do away with sentimentalities,and lend our support to the fight against everything drawing us backwards.

1 Like

Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by EternalTruths: 10:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
kevade:

I dey feel you. How would u appreciate change. You are still in shock. Your months of wailing is reaching a crescendo.
You want light, but don't want to pay for it. You want fuel, well as long as we get our share and settle our pockets. You stabilise the Naira yet spend it on campaign parties, burials, naming ceremonies, hiring of private jets etc while our foreign reserves are depleted, you want to fight boko haram, while you use it as an excuse to siphon public funds both appropriated and unappropriated. You want to stop militancy while you provide the militants with free cash to arm themselves with while hardworking Nigerians look in disdain. Paddy man the road to heaven is long and narrow but that to destruction.........

Let me assure you the the PMB GOVERNMENT has restored the hopes of the common man. For us to take the strides we deserve we must do away with sentimentalities,and lend our support to the fight against everything drawing us backwards.

Is it by standing on a long queue for fuel.? undecided

Or

By shooting peaceful protesters.? grin
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by advocates: 10:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
LordAdam:

Is it not media blackmail?

Did you not notice how the electronically controlled zombies jumped on the thread to scream anti-GEJ sentiments, without reading the article, like he was the one that managed the companies or oversaw the selection process?

It was an okay writeup but the intent was wrong especially when you look at the title. Why did the writer not say "Rice Mafia orchestrate massive fraud in Nigeria N117b rice import quota scheme"? Rather than use "massive fraud" to suggest that the whole scheme was ridden with fraud whereas only the marketers and their cronies defrauded Nigerians.

GEJ did his job of formulating good policies. The Minister of Agriculture did his best to ensure the policies were enforced. And saboteurs in the ministry that are still employed in the ministry under PMB's government today sabotaged the policy. These same people will likely sabotage PMB's policies too, like is evident with the fuel subsidy scandal.

As long as people like you and those I quoted earlier on continue to reason like jelly fishes, nothing meaningful will happen in Nigeria.

-Lord
You sense of comprehension is absolutely disturbing. The big question is: whose job it is to monitor strict compliance to the well intended policy? Policies doesn't stop at granting waivers. Was the last govt not aware that many of these companies lack the requisite and comprehensive agricultural background and facilities before being granted import waiver?

Failure to do that background check display the ineptitude of the Jonathan govt.
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by teepain: 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
omohayek:

No, the problem is that import substitution schemes are not good policy, even if they look good to laymen without economic literacy. Putting aside the fact that even a corruption-free scheme would still hurt consumers more than it would benefit rice growers, any time politicians are given an opportunity to tamper with trade, they are also provided with a new means to enrich themselves through corrupt practices. Under a free-trade regime, there would be no room for subsidies, import licenses and other such invitations to corruption.

The strange thing about political interference with markets in Nigeria is that the Nigerian masses never learn that these interventions are never to their benefit. One would think most Nigerians would be aware by now that the only parts of the economy that work properly are exactly those bits where the politicians have least influence.

Very beautiful submission. I couldn't have said it better. The looting gang are miles ahead of the masses and that is why they keep succeeding in their escapades.
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by Ijaya123: 11:09pm On Dec 21, 2015
marv1:
And some wailers would begin to wail that they have not seen the change promised them yet. Look at the way they are sharing billions and hundred of millions as if it is their fathers money. After destroying the economy for long 16yrs. Bleeding the economy dry. Diverting funds, diverting everything to sabotage the economy. How can u expect change within 7months when JEG and his world class looters have turned everything upside down, the economy already in shambles, abnormality taking the order of the day with looting spree. Morality has no place again. Even as corrupt as Obasanjo he was able to pay off nigeria debt with world bank and also something in foreign reserve. But JEG has made us sink further with huge debt profile, inspite of excess crude oil sales. JEG is not fit to become a class captain let alone president where goodluck worked for him to get there but could not sustain him at that height. Indeed GEJ's ineptitude is first class. God must intervene and give the current leaders direction.

God bless you for this. But some ekpas will always be in denials. Their condition is irredeemably pathetic.
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by banio: 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
I believe this was where Saraki got the billions he told Asset declaration tribunal about. PMB probe Saraki
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by 1freshdude: 11:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
LordAdam:

And you are celebrating an slowpoke that spent billions to construct a flying mono rail. And did not know that trains operated in Nigeria until after he had been made minister of transport.

Shift go one side. I can see you have contracted PMB's body odor. Smelly sepulchre!

-Lord

Fool, you are all thieves, PDP, APC and you! The difference between you and them is that they give you peanuts and loot your generational wealth!
Lord of FLIES!

1 Like

Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by aurenflani: 11:29pm On Dec 21, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
this is not the fault of Jonathan...the guy didn't really understand the corruption in Nigeria.

The only thing I hated abt him is his deaf ears and inaction towards glaring corruption cases. The policies were good, but he didn't follow up a bit...

May God grant buhari the power to kill the bastards

This last sentence brought to mind Saddam's era precisely the 90s when there was the oil for food embargo. The merchants that were given the opportunity to bring in foodstuffs with very reasonable subsidy payment decided to play some fast game on both the government and the people of Iraq.

When Saddam Hussein got proof that iraqis were being scammed, he ensured that they presided him to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by Meritocracy: 11:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
LordAdam:

IDIOTS!!!

Did you guys read the article?

EKPA!!!

Was it GEJ that told the companies not to fulfill their end of the bargain? Is the PMB government not still maintaining the illicit rice quota 6 months into the government? Is it not the same thing that is happening with fuel subsidy? Did the PMB government not pay the fraudulent marketers N400b a few weeks back.

You guys are the evil in Nigeria. POT calling KETTLE black. HYPOCRITES!!!

-Lord
There is no way you can change what you don't understand. If you want to change the system, you need to study, understand how it operates before you think of solution to bring change. That's what Buhari is doing for six month. Pls wake up don't spoil the future of next generation with your useless comment
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by kings09(m): 11:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
PMB shld also hlp himslf by asking d security agencies 2 thoroughly investigate as we r tired of diz media gist. At d end, u won't see any1 bn jailed 4 it, na so so noise no effect
Ijaya123:
GEJ ineptitude government practically brought this nation to its knees...and we are still struggling to get up.

May God help PMB.
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by melvin0004(m): 12:22am On Dec 22, 2015
CaliOsi:
Thank God the Otuoke man is gone (didn't mention anybody's name o). The thieves named here would be taught a bitter lesson soon, i trust my able presido.
able presido indeed....
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by melvin0004(m): 12:23am On Dec 22, 2015
coldsummer:
[size=18pt]All these loot in billions. How would the country survive.

Go will judge Okonjo sanusi, emefele Jonathan.

What sort of useless animals are these.
[/size]
tinubu,buhari, atiku,obj
Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by mbulela: 1:18am On Dec 22, 2015
I understand the point of those who ask the govt to go past this series of corruption cases.
However, if someone (or some people) are not summarily brought to book, we will see larger scale repeatss of these violation of our commonwealth.

All these stories, we have not even opened the book of ND amnesty. That one is a bottomless pit. Kingsley Kuku has refused to return from his operation almost a year after he travelled.

If similar heists occur in this govt, by 2019 the country will be bankrupt in every definition of the word.

1 Like

Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by mbulela: 1:20am On Dec 22, 2015
See the names listed there.
Every region, tribe and religion is represented.
Afterwards, they will come to the grassroots and tell peasants that other tribes are the bane of their development.
Heartless barbarians!!

4 Likes

Re: Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times by NovusHomo(m): 1:40am On Dec 22, 2015
feedthenation:
It seems every aspect of our economic sector is riddled with massive corruption...

Yes, no thanks to Fortunato el Stupido.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Campaigns In Ebonyi State (Photos, Videos) / Fashola And Kwankwaso Honoured By Babcock University (Photos) / APC Reconciliation: Bola Tinubu, Tambuwal And Wamakko Meet (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.