Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,397 members, 7,843,161 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

#Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan (1312 Views)

You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate / Dasukigate: EFCC To Arrest Jimi Agbaje In Port-harcourt - Elombah.com / Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by midolian(m): 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2015
There are indications that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, may summon the immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan, to explain what he knows about the ongoing probe into the scandalous arms procurement deal.

The ant-graft agency is said to be contemplating writing the former President because his name has consistently been mentioned during the interrogation of some suspects, The Punch reports.

Former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.), is currently being prosecuted by the EFCC for illegally disbursing to top politicians funds meant for the procurement of arms for the military’s fight against Boko Haram insurgents in the North-east. This, Daskui had alleged was in line with the directive of Jonathan, who was the then President.

Also, former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, had recently claimed that she transferred funds to the former NSA as a result of a decision reached at a meeting presided over by Jonathan.

Speaking with the newspaper, a source from the EFCC said, “Although the commission will not invite the former President, we may write him to tell us his own side of the story because his name has been coming up in our investigations?”

The source continued that the commission has resolved not to seek “clearance” from President Muhammadu Buhari before such letter could be sent to Jonathan.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/21/armsgate-efcc-to-summon-former-president-jonathan/?wt=2
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by FisifunKododada: 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2015
cool FTC - their father no reach. GEJ your turn don come o ya make you pakurumo tell EFCC how much you chop.
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
smiley
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2015
ok na
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by fromnigeria(m): 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
Yes!!!! This matter don dey tire wrapper small small.

If his hands are dirty, He is not above the law joor.

1 Like

Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by Demmocrats(m): 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by midolian(m): 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
grin grin
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2015
cool. The hero of democracy, his holiness, the meekest and most humble of men, in person of Dr. Goodluck Azikiwe Jonathan needs to repeat his goat-and-yam theory to Nigerians once more
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by kodded(m): 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
cc mynd44
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by Aminat508(f): 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2015
grin angry cry embarassed tongue tongue
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by Rilwayne001: 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
GEJ is a big thief that Shina Rambo is a learner compared to him.

1 Like

Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by datola: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
I hope EFCC will not give PEJ heart attack as her prediction seems to be coming to fruition.
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by Omotayor123(f): 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
Now, this is getting interesting!
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by Lordave: 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
Igwe44, create another thread for that your complaint. I told you mynd44 is abusing his authority, he just closed the thread on the ground that we were contravening rule 20 of Nairaland.

This time, just make it direct to Seun, as the owner of Nairaland, Mynd44 doesn't have the authority to close a thread directed to Seun. And I want to show Seun, with evidence, that his mod is negligent of his right authorities.

Igwe44.

Nobody can summon GEJ, he, just like, IBB, OBJ, Abdusalami, Shagari and Gowon is beyond summoning and probe here in Nigeria.
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by pedrilo: 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
Arrest OBJ, IBB and Abdusalami first, these men stole our collective wealth even b4 GEJ. This is d same buhari dat said Abacha never stole a dime. Buhari better thread wit caution!
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by eagleeye2: 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
Chai, see insult.... Who born EFCC to invite IBB, OBJ, Abdulsalami. All these insults na because GEJ na from Naija Delta. And they know say him people only good to exchange their oil with Gin.
I can still remember when Buhari was invited by Oputa panel what happened?
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by eleojo23: 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
Watching...
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by Bevista: 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
This one is really going to be tricky. I would like, in the first instance, for the EFCC to visit the ex president in his home to engage with him. If after that his explanation is not satisfactory, then he can be invited to the commission. The revelations of graft under GEJ's watch is so mind-boggling that you cannot feel pity for the man.

His invitation to the EFCC would be the loudest statement to those still doubting the anti-corruption cruade.

#NoMoreSacredCows
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by jomoh: 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
This is called change.
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by omenka(m): 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
They should handle him like that NIMASA dude if he attempts to act like a stubborn child.

Oya, where is Orubebe? I'd like to see his physical reaction to this. cheesy
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by bigerboy200: 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
pedrilo:
Arrest OBJ, IBB and Abdusalami first, these men stole our collective wealth even b4 GEJ. This is d same buhari dat said Abacha never stole a dime. Buhari better thread wit caution!
What/who stopped GEJ from probing dem?
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by Chubhie: 6:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
There are indications,may,will,fullness of time are how APC tends to sustain their four years. Nigerians are a lot wiser now.
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by pedrilo: 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2015
bigerboy200:

What/who stopped GEJ from probing dem?
GEJ does not have time to waste on such vindictive probes, since ur PMB has time to waste on probes, he shud probe everybody. Quid pro quo
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by Dannyset(m): 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
Jonathan has already perfected his ways with PMB. He won't be summoned. EFCC would rather go to him if there's any need to question him.
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by dammytosh: 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
Dannyset:
Jonathan has already perfected his ways with PMB. He won't be summoned. EFCC would rather go to him if there's any need to question him.

He should just explain.
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by bigerboy200: 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
pedrilo:
GEJ does not have time to waste on such vindictive probes, since ur PMB has time to waste on probes, he shud probe everybody. Quid pro quo
Smh.. with this ur mentality...I don't jes knw what to say...#Cheers
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by TimeManager(m): 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
"There Are Indication"- It's Not Apt Enough, I Need A Statement Of Fact From EFCC. Before Summoning The Hero Fortunato, I expect EFCC To First Summon The Yam Eating Economist( NOI) Wont Be Bad She Put EFCC Through Some Classes.

No Be Lie Na True!
Re: #Dasukigate: EFCC To Summon Former President, Jonathan by pedrilo: 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2015
bigerboy200:

Smh.. with this ur mentality...I don't jes knw what to say...#Cheers
remain dumb. #cheers

(1) (Reply)

Fashola's 13-point Agenda To Revive Power Sector And Better Electricity / How I Lost One Of My Twins As A Stillbirth – Saraki’s Wife Opens Up In Emotional / Reasons Why Osun People Will Never Forget Governor Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.