Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) - Phones (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) (80146 Views)

My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W / Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 / HOT! New Method To Get Unlimited Calls On Mtn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 1:15am On Feb 12, 2016
engrkenny:

Dearie, I need details of how to customize this launcher don't stuff, my display is still very untidy to me.
what i did was to move stuff around to put thwm where i want.Then sorted out d tools folder and dragged apps i didnt want on full diaplay into it.onve u swipe up with a finger, d launcher settings will show in case you want widgets.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 1:26am On Feb 12, 2016
faray:

pls where did u get d phone in Ib & d price?
I didn't later buy it at IB , I got it at Ilorin for 21,900 but at the end of the bridge in roundabout if you are coming from sango you will see global handset, they should have.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 12, 2016
engrkenny:

Thanks man, pls how do I set up the launcher/home screen to get my menu button, arrange my apps, limit the apps that shows on home screen and all?
Download Holo launcher...It's easily customizable with menu button..
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 12, 2016
queenfav:
what i did was to move stuff around to put thwm where i want.Then sorted out d tools folder and dragged apps i didnt want on full diaplay into it.onve u swipe up with a finger, d launcher settings will show in case you want widgets.

Found it, how do I set up so the menu button will start showing? I don't really have to download a separate launcher for it now, do I?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 7:13am On Feb 12, 2016
engrkenny:

Guys help out o, the p5w I ordered just arrived. The base buttons (as in where u have home, return and minimize) does not light up, as in no backlight in them. Is this normal?

Very normal.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by augster(m): 9:04am On Feb 12, 2016
The price of this phone has been increased. Now #22000
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by jabojafa(m): 10:56am On Feb 12, 2016
olayinkajnr:

Sis, the 2000mah ain't bad. Under heavy usage, it last 7-8hours. Don't expect a gionee m3mini battery life on this but it's far better than infinix hot 2 2200mah battery coz I use both device in space of two days. Multitasking is superb compared to the laggy m3mini. And also, the audio output is cool, superb DTS better than that of gionee m3. One other selling point is the sleekness. Very nice design and also lightweight. And also, it's supports future developments as it came with the latest kernel that supports android 6.0 and also because it's released internationally compared to the m3mini that's released for Nigerians. The camera is a clear as the m3mini but way better, especially the front camera. If you here is any other thing you wanna know, you can ask mam.
so in essence you wud go for d p5w instead of m3mini?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 11:06am On Feb 12, 2016
jabojafa:
so in essence you wud go for d p5w instead of m3mini?

I've used m3mini, dropped it for p5w. One reason : because p5w will receive more development from gionee because it's released internationally unlike m3mini that's released in Nigeria alone (that I know of). And also, p5w has the latest kernel version (3.10.72+) that has support for 6.0 while m3mini is (3.10.65+)

1 Like

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
olayinkajnr:

Very normal.

thanks man,

is the tempered glass you're using for p5w? Or did u just look for a match, i cnt seem to find that glass, even the normal screenguard, everyone around here is telling me it's nt yet in the mkt cos it's a new phone.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by jabojafa(m): 2:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
olayinkajnr:

I've used m3mini, dropped it for p5w. One reason : because p5w will receive more development from gionee because it's released internationally unlike m3mini that's released in Nigeria alone (that I know of). And also, p5w has the latest kernel version (3.10.72+) that has support for 6.0 while m3mini is (3.10.65+)
thanks
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by dominique(f): 3:51pm On Feb 12, 2016
Just got mine, 22k at microstation. Still trying to get used to it. Its really slick and cute (not as wide as my former phone, my eyes are still yet to get used to the tiny fonts on Nl). I was told to charge it for at least four hours but I ended up charging it for just over 3 hours embarassed. I couldn't wait for the power to be restored so I switched on and started navigating it. In less than 30 minutes, almost 10% had drained shocked. This is not what I signed up for, a brand new phone should at least have good battery duration. Can you imagine how fast the battery will be draining by the time it is 3 months and above? Even the battery monitor says I have around 6 hours of usage left as at 93% now at 73% I don't know how much hours it has left. @ queenfave and olayinkajnr, is that how yours is like? How do I salvage the situation? Should i switch it off and charge it very well again? power saver will restrict my app usage but I am considering switching to it now.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 7:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
dominique:
Just got mine, 22k at microstation. Still trying to get used to it. Its really slick and cute (not as wide as my former phone, my eyes are still yet to get used to the tiny fonts on Nl). I was told to charge it for at least four hours but I ended up charging it for just over 3 hours embarassed. I couldn't wait for the power to be restored so I switched on and started navigating it. In less than 30 minutes, almost 10% had drained shocked. This is not what I signed up for, a brand new phone should at least have good battery duration. Can you imagine how fast the battery will be draining by the time it is 3 months and above? Even the battery monitor says I have around 6 hours of usage left as at 93% now at 73% I don't know how much hours it has left. @ queenfave and olayinkajnr, is that how yours is like? How do I salvage the situation? Should i switch it off and charge it very well again? power saver will restrict my app usage but I am considering switching to it now.
lol,i addressed this issue when i got mine.New batteries are like that ,it would become optimized after 1 week or so. Meanwhile,switch to power saving mode,it wud show normal mode is on... reduce d brightness and screen timeout duration. https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-save-battery-life Check out that article and adjust d settings accordingly. Today i didnt hv time to play with my phone non stop, i still hv 23 percent left since past 8am when it got full.Have no fear,u'll see improvement after abt 3 charge cycles.Who even give u that advice to charge for 3 hrs..Mine was shipped with 60 percent, i just charged to 100 before i started using.Its older batteries produced like 10 yrs ago that requires you to charge for long hrsl.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 8:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
engrkenny:

thanks man,

is the tempered glass you're using for p5w? Or did u just look for a match, i cnt seem to find that glass, even the normal screenguard, everyone around here is telling me it's nt yet in the mkt cos it's a new phone.

Yeah, for P5W
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2016
dominique:

Its normal and Queenfav answered you perfectly. No need to worry
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2016
olayinkajnr:

Yeah, for P5W

Ur location bro?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by dominique(f): 9:23pm On Feb 12, 2016
queenfav:
lol,i addressed this issue when i got mine.New batteries are like that ,it would become optimized after 1 week or so. Meanwhile,switch to power saving mode,it wud show normal mode is on... reduce d brightness and screen timeout duration. https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-save-battery-life Check out that article and adjust d settings accordingly. Today i didnt hv time to play with my phone non stop, i still hv 23 percent left since past 8am when it got full.Have no fear,u'll see improvement after abt 3 charge cycles.Who even give u that advice to charge for 3 hrs..Mine was shipped with 60 percent, i just charged to 100 before i started using.Its older batteries produced like 10 yrs ago that requires you to charge for long hrsl.

Phew! Now my mind is at rest, I was almost regretting my purchase. Thanks so much, @ olayinkajnr, e se pupo
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
I've hardly had time to set up anything, I guess the UI would need some getting used to as well, I've got enough patience for that one. I'd appreciate help o, what settings should be in place for me to get the simplest and most efficient use of this device?

Cc olayinkajnr & queenfav
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 4:49am On Feb 13, 2016
dominique:

Phew! Now my mind is at rest, I was almost regretting my purchase. Thanks so much, @ olayinkajnr, e se pupo

Kò tó ọpẹ
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by tunex4christ(m): 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
For those having prob with the default launcher..just download Smart launcher pro on Onhax...Its d best after Nova..Thank me later wink

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by tunex4christ(m): 6:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
Now to the real deal guys..I have been a die hard gionee fan evr since d days of Pioneer P2..This phone is d perfect Phn 4 me @ d moment,but gionee could have done beta with d battery.. As an heavy user the battery can't kip up with me..especially the way it drops frm 100% to 80%..lets just admit it Nd hope they make an improved ba3..long live gionee
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by dominique(f): 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
Honestly the battery is not impressive one bit. Queenfave assured that the battery performance will improve with time. I hope she's right o, this battery hardly carries me for six hours. Another thing is that messages don't drop in my bbm unless I select the bbm icon. What can be done to rectify this? Hope I don't have to exit power saving mode o.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 3:08pm On Feb 17, 2016
dominique:
Honestly the battery is not impressive one bit. Queenfave assured that the battery performance will improve with time. I hope she's right o, this battery hardly carries me for six hours. Another thing is that messages don't drop in my bbm unless I select the bbm icon. What can be done to rectify this? Hope I don't have to exit power saving mode o.
uhm my battery lasts o..maybe cos i dont hv battery draining apps installed, and i close my apps that i dont need in d background.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2016
dominique:

Maybe you did not set bbm notification to important. Go to settings, notification center, then notice management then set bbm as important. Also, try to check your whitelist apps and see if BBM is added to the whitelist. If it's not, go to system manager, eco, whitelist and add bbm to the whitelisted app. Hope it helps.. And about the battery, this is a 2000mah device, don't expect miracles. In standby mode, I get 2-3 days usage i.e without data connection, only calls. It ain't bad. Check your apps their might be some battery draining apps.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by dominique(f): 8:47pm On Feb 17, 2016
olayinkajnr:

Maybe you did not set bbm notification to important. Go to settings, notification center, then notice management then set bbm as important. Also, try to check your whitelist apps and see if BBM is added to the whitelist. If it's not, go to system manager, eco, whitelist and add bbm to the whitelisted app. Hope it helps.. And about the battery, this is a 2000mah device, don't expect miracles. In standby mode, I get 2-3 days usage i.e without data connection, only calls. It ain't bad. Check your apps their might be some battery draining apps.

I've done all that and I've put the phone on power saving mode. What does the du battery manager do?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by dominique(f): 8:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
queenfav:
uhm my battery lasts o..maybe cos i dont hv battery draining apps installed, and i close my apps that i dont need in d background.

I must admit, I always have quite a number of apps running on the background (sometimes up to 15). My Samsung phone only allows about six apps running at the same time, with this phone, I forget that all the previously opened apps are still running. I'll bear in mind to close apps I don't need from now on.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 10:30pm On Feb 17, 2016
dominique:

I've done all that and I've put the phone on power saving mode. What does the du battery manager do?

In my own understanding, it's a ram eater and battery killer even though the name is battery manager and ram optimiser. You don't need it since you've got system manager inbuilt.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 6:31am On Feb 18, 2016
dominique:

I must admit, I always have quite a number of apps running on the background (sometimes up to 15). My Samsung phone only allows about six apps running at the same time, with this phone, I forget that all the previously opened apps are still running. I'll bear in mind to close apps I don't need from now on.
You may hv to revisit that link i posted earlier by android pit,so u can know how to maximize your battery life.The phone on its own has good battery life,but if u over labor it,u cant get much out of the battery.Try to put ur phone on airplane mode when u r not using internet connectivity for some time.

MODIFIED-I have noticed the battery is better where there is good network, because poor network drains battery since the phone is constantly searching for Gsm signal.I got about 12 hrs heavy usage from it, 6 am till 5.30pm today,i still have 16 percent left.

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by tunex4christ(m): 10:06am On Feb 19, 2016
Batmobi..lol..Gionee all d way

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by tunex4christ(m): 10:08am On Feb 19, 2016
Batmobi.. Lol
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by abimbawealth(f): 9:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
faray:

pls where did u get d phone in Ib & d price?
Check Top Success in Challenge...22k
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olasquare142(m): 12:24am On Feb 21, 2016
Please, how can I display the percentage of my battery on the homescreen. Also, how can I change its imei?

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

When You Use French Flag As Facebook Profile Pic (photo) / Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator / Did You Receive Any Lockdown Bonus From MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.