Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,862 members, 7,828,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed (1182 Views)

Economy Gone Out Of Buhari’s Control, Says Lai Mohammed / Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed / I Deserve Ministerial Nomination, Says Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by ShowYourCertificate: 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
The Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, on Monday said the present fuel queues across the country were Nigerians way of paying for the sins of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration.

He made the remark while fielding questions from journalists at the end of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari at the State House, Abuja.

Muhammed briefed journalists in the company of Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udo Udoma.

The minister noted that Jonathan’s administration failed to make provision for fuel subsidy as far back as August 2014.

The present fuel scarcity, he said, is not as a result of unavailability of the product in the country, but due to distribution problem.

He said: “What I will be telling Nigerians is that what we met on ground is such that we are paying for the sins of the last administration. I am being very serious. You remember that about two weeks ago, we had to go to the National Assembly for a supplementary budget of N674 billion.

“Of that figure, N522 billion was for arrears of fuel subsidy which was incurred as far back as August last year. One of the reasons for the fuel scarcity was the inability of the last government to make adequate provision for fuel subsidy.

“We do face some other logistic problems but majorly we are paying for the sins of the last administration.”
http://thenationonlineng.net/fuel-queues-nigerians-paying-for-jonathans-sins-minister/
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by ShowYourCertificate: 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
Please who is power? Is APC in power or are they still the opposition? I still don't get it. These guys are not ready to govern this country I swear grin

Imagine Airtel buying over Zain and then instead of improving services and infrastructure for their customers they are telling the customers that Zain is responsible for the current poor services they are rendering.

If APC isn't ready to govern the country they should come out and say it. We have capable hands that can govern this country if they (APC) can't take responsibility and solve our problems.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by ify2016: 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
we don here

next please

My own be say I believe in this man called Buhari but this wide mouth wey his name be Liar Mohammed, I no trust am at all
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by madridguy(m): 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
Sins of Jonathan everywhere. GEJ, hero in corruption.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
Gbam.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by zuby4real10(m): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
may thunder fire ur rotten mouth lie Mohammed.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by baralatie(m): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
The lie have swung up!
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by kossyablaze(m): 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2015
Brainless lai
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2015
APC is the biggest shame of the century!
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by kossyablaze(m): 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2015
sameer1212:
Gbam.
U well so?
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by ShowYourCertificate: 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2015
Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy please let nlers be told the person that responsible for our present fuel scarcity
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by madridguy(m): 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
Na today ? We know before say the Otuoke corruption hero of the year dey behind every of our palava. In mama peace voice : Jona see wetin you caused. Ekpas oya make we have fun small.

ShowYourCertificate:
Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy please let nlers be told the person that responsible for our present fuel scarcity
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by kossyablaze(m): 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
jcmaiah:
Aturu lai
Not only aturu o...he be ewu,ezi and adaka
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by Demmocrats(m): 8:05pm On Dec 21, 2015
Blame Jonathan for having 25th as Christmas Day, that's the reason we voted you guys in to make changes to what the clueless one did. Stp nagging like an old woman and get to work asap.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
That Having-No-Clue-Of-Governance Moment When You Are Ruling & Still Play Opposition Role..

APC has no positive agenda for Nigeria & her citizen
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by Gboliwe: 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
http://thenationonlineng.net/fuel-queues-nigerians-paying-for-jonathans-sins-minister/

This was his stance few months ago. See life

"It is totally unconscionable, and indeed an admission of failure, for a sitting government and ruling party to blame the opposition for their failings. These guys have simply abdicated their responsibility to the people. They can as well throw in the towel and head home.
The questions to ask are: who runs the NNPC? Who pays subsidy to fuel marketers? Who has used federal resources to bribe individuals and groups to such a level that there is no money to run the government, not to talk of paying subsidies?
The moment a ruling party starts transferring its responsibilities to the opposition, it is clear that the market is over, the party said in a statement issued in Dubai on Monday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed."
Alhaji Lai Mohammed
National Publicity Secretary
All Progressives Congress (APC)
Dubai, March 2nd 2015

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by Zaikon(m): 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
kai stop that and face your work
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
kossyablaze:
U well so?
Look stop stalking me, I am not your mate. Don't take my silence as coward. angry
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by omenka(m): 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Please who is power? Is APC in power or are they still the opposition? I still don't get it. These guys are not ready to govern this country I swear grin
You create a thread then rush to comment first just to sway the nature of subsequent comments your way, after twisting the title to suit your bias.

Mention a SINGLE utterance made in the article that is untrue.

Jonathan might be gone but just as Lai says, Nigerians still grapple, to this day, with the consequences of his disastrous misrule.

#fact.
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by kettykin: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2015
If APC cannot stop the problems be setting Nigeria they should quietly leave and handover power to PDP.

Dissolve the country they don't want, have the country restructured they don't want, only to point accusing fingers on another party.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by ShowYourCertificate: 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
omenka:
You create a thread then rush to comment first just to sway the nature of subsequent comments your way, after twisting the title to suit your bias.

Mention a SINGLE utterance made in the article that is untrue.

Jonathan might be gone but just as Lai says, Nigerians still grapple, to this day, with the consequences of his disastrous misrule.

#fact.
Read this Lai's comment:

"The present fuel scarcity, he said, is not as a result of unavailability of the product in the country, but due to distribution problem."

But then he's still blaming Jonathan in the same question and answer session. Isn't he not a confused fellow?

Everything about the article is false. It's the APC's government incompetence that is responsible for the present fuel scarcity.
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by manchester1: 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
End Time Minister of information. talking to satisfy ur pay master
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by Chubhie: 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
Lai Mohamed speaks in such manners cos he knows zombies abound to run amok with such news.

He wants to distract people by shifting blames while hoping PMB magically gets his groove going. Lies always travels half the world before truth gets its pants on.

Lai continue. Your lies will consume you.
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by Pidggin(f): 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
grin grin grin This is becoming hilarious

We have been scammed big time!
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by Olril18(m): 8:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
Apc biggest achievement so far is blaming the previous govt for every of their single failure..

at the end of d day,one really needs to start asking what Apc ideology really is,
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by Lordtrillion(m): 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2015
Kai, SMH
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by kossyablaze(m): 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2015
sameer1212:
Look stop stalking me, I am not your mate. Don't take my silence as coward. angry
U aint seen notn yet.This is just the begining.After treatn ur Bleep up,u ll stop insultn peoples parents!
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
kossyablaze:
U aint seen notn yet.This is just the begining.After treatn ur Bleep up,u ll stop insultn peoples parents!
well if this is how you want us to play,so be it But when I start my own don't blame me plss.
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by psucc(m): 10:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
Thank God GeJ created something. But why will APC continue to be denying Jona did anything in this country?

Even when it is glaring that this govt had shot itself on the foot, they still want to blame GEJ for their failure 7months after.
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by NewYorkCity: 11:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
Ben Murray - Bruce

When electricity improved in June it wasn't Jonathan's fault but when there's fuel scarcity in December it's his fault #acceptresponsibility,

APC liers accept responsibility
Re: Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed by scriib: 11:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
This Lai matter has started entering witchcraft. Sorry should be the new Apc slogan. Obviously these guys are dumb and daft. We waited for bus and did not see so we decided to join police van!! Naija well done!!

(1) (Reply)

29-year-old Man Arrested With 870 ATM Cards In Kano / / Photo: UNICEF Regional Director And Delegatesvisit NEMA Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.