Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! (18825 Views)

How Much Do Doctor's Assistant And A Hospital Receptionist Earn? / This Is Urgent, Send Your CV IF Qualified / 5 Things You Absolutely Must Include On Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by Richy4(m): 10:48am On Dec 22, 2015
Mekzmoney:
I don write all kinds of CV, bt bros, I still dey house ooh.... I don do all the tins u mentioned above, but who don call me?

Nt even a call or txt to tell me dat I don't fit in for the job, not to mention interview.

Even if u write d best proffessional CV and ur nt connected or favored, u r on ur own. U will see d most dumb guy with d worse CV being taken.

All CVs always end wit d receptionist or at d reception or security post if u dnt hav sum1 to push it 4ward. Except ur favoured by God.

So no one shud create such thread here again to avoid getting men provoked angry

I know how hard it could be especially when you got a time frame for yourself. If you think your CV is correct in all angle, have you tried
searching the right places like agencies, internet and even some companies direct website?

Do not worry just go through your CV again to check if there was an error you did not see before, After that believe that a day will come when you will be putting on your suit ready for work with your car keys at your dressing table trying to rush out of the house to beat traffic. it will happen bro do not throw all hope to the wind......

2 Likes

Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 22, 2015
The only reason why ur CV will. Be dumped is because bunari is the presidull.
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by Richy4(m): 10:49am On Dec 22, 2015
H2Ossss:

lol.. no mind me jare... cripple, leper, blind, e.t.c. una grab the message.

grin

1 Like

Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by Richy4(m): 10:50am On Dec 22, 2015
oluwafreshkid:

It's more like a queen's version. "Queen Elizabeth's Version"
#justsaying
grin
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by Benjom(m): 10:50am On Dec 22, 2015
The simple truth about this is that your excellently written CV magnifies you. Great one op.

1 Like

Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by oluwafreshkid(m): 10:54am On Dec 22, 2015
kayalla:

Queen Elizabeth get bible version?

Ouch... kayalla, it's just an expression - not literal. undecided
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by ifeomaekol(f): 10:55am On Dec 22, 2015
Mekzmoney:
I don write all kinds of CV, bt bros, I still dey house ooh.... I don do all the tins u mentioned above, but who don call me?

Nt even a call or txt to tell me dat I don't fit in for the job, not to mention interview.

Even if u write d best proffessional CV and ur nt connected or favored, u r on ur own. U will see d most dumb guy with d worse CV being taken.

All CVs always end wit d receptionist or at d reception or security post if u dnt hav sum1 to push it 4ward. Except ur favoured by God.

So no one shud create such thread here again to avoid getting men provoked angry
no provoke my brother------chill dt job dt ll look like a lie to ur frds n family ll come, relax. Jux chill

2 Likes

Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by DaWillty: 11:06am On Dec 22, 2015
thisisayus:
OK, na to dey condemn CVS all the goddamn time!
Person way go employ u go employ u. I know someone who has never prepared a cv yet she's working with a bank after 1month of graduation.
So save me the bullshit! angry
Oga you don vex
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by lilreese: 11:10am On Dec 22, 2015
Thank
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by nmreports: 11:21am On Dec 22, 2015
May we all find our dream jobs. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by kayalla(f): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2015
oluwafreshkid:

Ouch... kayalla, it's just an expression - not literal. undecided

grin ok o. i for go do myown
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by WaffenSS(m): 11:35am On Dec 22, 2015
thisisayus:
OK, na to dey condemn CVS all the goddamn time!
Person way go employ u go employ u. I know someone who has never prepared a cv yet she's working with a bank after 1month of graduation.
So save me the bullshit! angry

Absolutely true.

All these are delay tactics, they get you so worried about how your CV looks you spend more time working on the perfect CV and less time looking for actual work.

You worry about the font, the line spacing, bullet points, indentation, whether you can fit all content on one page, spelling errors, etc.

Meanwhile, while you're worrying over your CV, about 20 incompetent arseholes with sloppy CVs and good connections have been employed.

4 Likes

Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by frenchboy(m): 11:40am On Dec 22, 2015
Sendn cv online and d one of manual,how do i go about it..is it by goin to brache or hq,,,pls advice am afresh graduate
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2015
sonofananimal:
angry are you the receptionist!
sorry oga. I am not the receptionist but I be the informat. grin

1 Like

Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by Rawblings(m): 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nice info. It's cool to write a winning resume. I can help you guys review your Resume. Just PM me
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by butanep(m): 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
Mekzmoney:

Boss you dae vex oooo
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by Mekzmoney(m): 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ur saying they might b an error in my CV? Hmmm... Bro, I dnt tink u understand d gist. I hav any kinda proffesional CV here which my mentor, barister and other people always admire....
Nothing is wrong with my CV.

Speaking of d right places, I hav gone tru many agencies, hav applied thousands of openings tru d internet, hav applied tru sum direct companies websites, hav also gone to several coys to drop a hard copy.....

Don't tell me to go tru my CV again cos dats wat I do every f***cking day for 2yrs.....

I've nt givn up and wud not giv up cos I beliv in myself. It wud only take time bro, bt m getting there soon.

Richy4:

I know how hard it could be especially when you got a time frame for yourself. If you think your CV is correct in all angle, have you tried
searching the right places like agencies, internet and even some companies direct website?

Do not worry just go through your CV again to check if there was an error you did not see before, After that believe that a day will come when you will be putting on your suit ready for work with your car keys at your dressing table trying to rush out of the house to beat traffic. it will happen bro do not throw all hope to the wind......

1 Like

Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by dbanjj(m): 1:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
Mekzmoney:

. Cnt jst stop laughing. Oboi u don vex o. No worry ur time go show. Dnt relent on ur Cv submission. God dey
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by Mekzmoney(m): 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
Amen... Its already here.... January 2016.....m already there, by his grace. grin tnx.
ifeomaekol:
no provoke my brother------chill dt job dt ll look like a lie to ur frds n family ll come, relax. Jux chill
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
By strength shall no man prevail,taking a deep look @ the guys working under my Oga @ saipem.....mehn
The few I know are picked up from the streets,they ain't even graduates. Me wey go school self neva land this job!
Person wey no go school na him go write Cv.
God neva let me be put to shame!
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by Richy4(m): 3:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
Mekzmoney:
Ur saying they might b an error in my CV? Hmmm... Bro, I dnt tink u understand d gist. I hav any kinda proffesional CV here which my mentor, barister and other people always admire....
Nothing is wrong with my CV.

Speaking of d right places, I hav gone tru many agencies, hav applied thousands of openings tru d internet, hav applied tru sum direct companies websites, hav also gone to several coys to drop a hard copy.....

Don't tell me to go tru my CV again cos dats wat I do every f***cking day for 2yrs.....

I've nt givn up and wud not giv up cos I beliv in myself. It wud only take time bro, bt m getting there soon.

But you can be a little bit polite in a public forum bro. you never know whom might pick interest in your case.

I only ask if you can recheck the CV for possible error. All you should have done was tell me that you have been doing that for some time. not dishing out F word indiscriminately.....

I understand how you feel bro. many has been in that situation. but try and learn to speak politely. not for me but just for your own good.
You never know when they will call you for an interview and One of the panel angrily looked at you and asked "we have seen your CV and certificate just like other candidate. what is so special about you, WHY SHOULD WE HIRE YOU" And you just throw an F word like a bomb thinking she was insulting you. wink

Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by kcowen(m): 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
Give tips to the receptionist & she will deliver your Cv sharp sharp to the HR
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by richardoz(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
kayalla:

Queen Elizabeth get bible version?
nairalanders no go kill person! lmao @ op u are very correct!
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by fatai7165: 6:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
tahir01:
Someone should please post examples of cv

See what they r saying!! Be creative, draft one yourself
Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by Mekzmoney(m): 7:33am On Dec 23, 2015
Using "F" word doesn't mean dat m rude, my guy.... If u check d statement, u would see that it doesn't hav anytin 2do with me being rude cos I didn't say "Bleep u" and all dat grin. Sometimes its just our mentality in this country tho. No offense pls...

D fact dat I used F word here doesn't mean dat I use it wen havin a conversation or an interview....

One Love
Richy4:

But you can be a little bit polite in a public forum bro. you never know whom might pick interest in your case.

I only ask if you can recheck the CV for possible error. All you should have done was tell me that you have been doing that for some time. not dishing out F word indiscriminately.....

I understand how you feel bro. many has been in that situation. but try and learn to speak politely. not for me but just for your own good.
You never know when they will call you for an interview and One of the panel angrily looked at you and asked "we have seen your CV and certificate just like other candidate. what is so special about you, WHY SHOULD WE HIRE YOU" And you just throw an F word like a bomb thinking she was insulting you. wink

Re: Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist! by Mekzmoney(m): 7:38am On Dec 23, 2015
Thanks man..... God will help us..... Cos d leaders have failed us. grin
dbanjj:
. Cnt jst stop laughing. Oboi u don vex o. No worry ur time go show. Dnt relent on ur Cv submission. God dey

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Anyone Heard Of Project 5000? / Which Skill Would You Like To Learn? / Nigeria Police To Recruit 30,000 Officers In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.