Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off Permanently - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off Permanently (2075 Views)

Man Whose Leg Is Permanently Hanging On Air Undergoes Surgery In Kogi (photos) / This Fat Man Lost Weight, And This Happened To The Shape Of His Head Too (photos / Lose weight naturally within 9 days without any side effect. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off Permanently by Loseweightng: 11:19pm On Dec 21, 2015
Do you add weight, yet after a weight loss program?

With the many weight loss patterns, programs and methods all over the place, we all still get stuck in this:

And what is that?--Not far-fetched anyway.

Is nothing but, “going back to our old weight after achieving a temporary weight loss. Yeah! I call it temporary because the new desired weight/look fails to last. And the goal of every overweight person is to “shed of weight and maintain the new desired look”. This goal is even harder to achieve than “shedding off weight” itself.

Below, you will see what to do in order to keep off that weight after you have lost it. Because, I believe in dealing with how to “keep off the lost weight permanently”, than instantaneously losing weight at intervals. (Do not mind the grammar):-

With the above gotten, we can now talk about “how to lose the weight”.

Relax! And do not shoot me with the ONE-MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION.

...Having asked the question severally in your mind,the answer is simple:

….............ATTITUDE===The Answer...............

Below are some of the attitude to adopt so as not to fall back to your old weight...

Read this:

Exercise/dieting has always been a norm and you are always “on your own” when it comes to that. However, it is vital you create motivations. If you say it does not work,re-examine yourself.

If you can remember in the past 25 to 45years ago; yeah, some of us were not there,anyway,but physical activity has become the exception rather than the rule, both at home and on the job. Trek-able distances are now covered with rides...and you know the rest of the story.

See what an expert said below; about ATTITUDE on weight loss

“The point here is that health experts believe that people lose their way, especially when it comes to dieting. They tend to go back to their old eating habits even after they learn to enjoy low-fat eating. They tend to return to sedentary ways even though they enjoy exercising”.

Back to the ANSWER (ATTITUDE).

For you to develop the attitude to help you keep and maintain your desired weight, you need to stay with the basics below:

1. Be explicit with your goal.

2. Develop a strategy.

3.Work out little and calculable progress.

4.Always check mate with important effect on your goals.

5.Assign time.

...Hope someone can get started with the ATTITUDE.

NB: I will be bringing to you other factors that will aid you to “permanently keep the lost weight off”.

www.loseweightng.com
Re: How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off Permanently by Loseweightng: 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
EVER WONDERED THE LITTLE SECRETS BEHIND CELEBRITIES' GOOD LOOKS?

Anyone reading this and has never gotten astonished or overwhelmed with the look of celebrity(ies); either you are just existing and not living.

Secrets behind the looks of stars such as;

Oprah Winfrey(61), Beyonce(34), Jennifer Hudson(34), Gwyneth Paltrow(43), Brad Pitt(52), Aishwarya Rai(42), Aamir Khan(50), Salman Khan(49), Kareen kapoor (35), Morgan Freeman(78), Denzel washington(61), Bruce Willis(60).

And our own Nigerian celebs; RMD, Ozokwor P., Genevieve, Chukwura Clarence, Omotola, LindaIkeji and the rest of them.

The secrets are what made even the elderly among them celebrities to still look young(very young,even).

TODAY, I am bringing to you secrets that has been found, tested over time, again and again, with great results.

That's by the way. What I am driving at is this; MOST CELEBRITIES DO HAVE GREAT PHYSICAL LOOKS and that does not happen without their little secrets.

I know most of us will argue that celebrities do look good because of the following;
---Make up
---Clothes
---Hair style
---Probably picture quality(if you only get to see them on screen).

As you may like to argue,you would also like to ask yourself this:

“HOW COME CELEBRITIES ARE IN SHAPE 24/7 AND ALL YEAR ROUND, BUT YOU KEEP FALLING IN AND OUT OF SHAPE(Especially anytime you want to relax, like in this christmas holiday?)”

Here and now, I am going to give you little secrets of these celebrities.

Hope you you have not forgotten I wrote about ATTITUDE as related to keeping your desired weight.

Aside appearing in television or films or strutting down the red carpet during movie premiers and awards, celebrities never cease to fascinate us with their looks.

The truth is, it takes a lot of effort to look the way they do, and being the public figures that they are, they cannot afford to slack off when it comes to taking care of their physical appearances. Their livelihood largely depends on how they look. So, they constantly have to take good care of their bodies.

So it is no surprise that these stars have their own secrets when it comes to staying fit and gorgeous.

THEIR SECRETS range from extreme workouts to well-planned diets. And who would not want to know these secrets?

THESE SECRETS that I am about to unleashed to you involve the exercise/diets plans of some celebrities, both national and international:

1. 40:30:30

This is a “diet method” which consists of:

-----40% Low glycemic(sugar)carbohydrates;foods such as beans, fruits and vegetables, legumes

READ MORE...
Re: How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off Permanently by Loseweightng: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
[size=14pt]Low Carb Foods And How it Fastens Weight Loss.[/size]

Hey ladies and gentlemen,

Hope you all are having good time with the merriment of the holiday!

For me, it has been all fun for myself and my family here…lots of visits, things to eat and things to drink.

Oh! I am almost getting carried away with the Christmas story, Let me match straight to our “ LOW CARB FOODS AND HOW IT FASTENS WEIGHT LOSS”.

I will begin with the meaning of Low carb foods.

Nowadays, social network and other factors are bringing up abbreviation of many terminologies.

“Low carb foods” simply means;

Those foods/diets which have “Low carbohydrate” contents. (Carb for Carbohydrate).

How does low carb foods work in our body?

Any food substance you take into your body is used for energy. Either energy for now( kinetic energy) or energy that is saved for later(potential energy). The “potential energy” that is saved for later, is stored as glycogen in the liver and skeletal muscle cells; while the primary energy is stored as fats held in the adipose tissues.

And when you fail to use up the primary energy, that is the point you start to accumulated fat…and you know the rest of the story.

So, if you eat a diet high in carbs(carbohydrate), your body will choose to burn the carbs and most definitely will not be able to finish the energy released from the high carb diets. Thus, leading to the storage of the remnant energy as fat in the adipose tissues.

But when you eat a diet that is low in carbs, the body will not get enough of the kinetic energy needed. Hence, the body has no other choice but to use what is left, which is the fat stored previously in those arms, thunder thighs and of course, lets not forget that bubble butt.

What am I really saying?

Eat Low carbs food/diet! In doing so, you give your body chance to use those excess energy (fat) stores in your body.

Guess what?

Once you start eating low carbs diets, you start getting amazing results of weight loss.

Already, you must be asking for examples of these low carb foods…

Very well, I am going to give you some of them. But know it that low carb foods are not just limited only with what I have here.

The low carb foods include the following among others

[url="http://loseweightng.com/2015/12/28/low-carb-foods/"]KEEP READING....[/url]
Re: How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off Permanently by Loseweightng: 10:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
The Seven Truth of Successful Weight Loss: What You Need to Know

Most part of my years as a fitness trainer and weight loss manager, I noticed that most of my clients always needed a fast action approach and mechanisms.

Funny enough, some will be like:- “I have a wedding, photo shoot or this movie that I am part of. It's next week and I need to drop off some-say 11-13kg”. And I am always like:- “Did you ever accumulate that weight just in one week? Why are you so eager to drop it off such fast?”

What am I trying to say?

Our attitude towards losing weight is very unrealistic. Some want to just drop the weight as if is their handbag/ wallet. And, people with such attitude towards weight loss end up picking up extra few weight, even after a successful fast action weight loss program.

However, I will show you as you go on to read about the Seven(7) truth about how to achieve a successful weight loss;

1). There are no shortcuts in good weight loss:- Accept that and make it your mantra

KEEP READING...
Re: How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off Permanently by Loseweightng: 10:47am On Jan 15, 2016
Weight Loss with Detox Diets: How You Can Lose 7-13kg in 12 Days with Detox Diets.

…Imagine that you can eat whatever thing you like, add weight as you like and as well lose the excess weight as you wish…

Yes! I could hear you say that it is impossible.

I would have agreed with you if I really do not know about “Detox diets”.

Of course, you may have tried several detox diets, and it worked for you temporarily.

Temporarily, in the sense that you actually witness loss of weight. Though, the lost weight did not stay off as long as you wanted it to stay off.

It will not be surprising for me to know that; during one or two trials of your detox dieting, you nearly felt starved to death.

Many a time, we misunderstand the essence of detox diet on weight loss. While some other times, we carry it out improperly. Thus, leading to a failed weight loss program.

You really need to know these about detoxification with detox diets:

That;

–Detox diets, wrongly done, can’t give you weight loss

–Detox diets are not what you do all the time when you want to lose weight

–Detox diets, helps you to remove toxins from you body fat and systems. Thereby, making weight loss to be achieved easily.

–Detox diets is like a kick starter for weight loss process and not the totality.

I know at this point, you are already asking, “How then can I lose the 7-13Kg in 12 days with Detox diets?”

You are absolutely right to ask that question…But do not doubt the potential of Detox diets until I hint you on this secret.

…“And what is this secret?”

The Secret:

When you see adverts such as;

“Lose 10kg in 4days” or “Shed of 12pounds and in 10days!”…

…what normally comes to your mind?

At times, you are like: “I have finally seen the fast action” or “ This it what I have been looking for!”.

Of course that is what you are looking for- “A fast/ quick action”.

KEEP READING...

Re: How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off Permanently by Loseweightng: 4:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
[size=16pt]That One Exercise That Fastens Your Weight Loss Process Beyond Your Imagination[/size]

It's that time of year again, the time of the year when many people are already falling short of their resolutions to lose weight. This year is still very fresh and you can still succeed.

Don't worry if you haven't met your goals so far, every day is a new beginning. There is a lot of weight loss advice floating around and some of the tips are good, while others are not so much good.

Let me remind you once again;

One way to make sure that you don't get overwhelmed is to set small, easily achievable goals. When you approach your weight loss as a non-quick-fix process, a lifestyle change, then you will greatly increase your chances of success.

The mistake most of us make, especially the women, is this;

KEEPING READING...
Re: How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off Permanently by Loseweightng: 7:14am On May 02, 2016
[size=20pt]17 Common Reasons You are Not Losing Weight[/size]

Have you been trying to lose weight without any or much positive result?

Or have been wondering why all your effort to lose weight has not yielded good results?

In weight loss, I have noticed that most persons take two steps forward and three steps backward. I was a victim of this when I was trying to shed off some weight…

…someday I will workout like 50minutes only to skip the next few days. And those days that I skip workout, I do end up eating all sorts of unhealthy food and drink lots of beer.

Often times, it’s hard to lose weight: Not that losing weight itself is hard, but, you have refused to stay away from some unhealthy behavior and actions. And until you stay away from these unhealthy actions, you may not lose weight nor notice that you are losing weight.

I have made a post similar to this…that’s not enough! I will keep creating more of this post until you- and I mean- ‘you’ are able to lose good amount of weight.

Do you know this?

That you may be able to lose quite a lot of weight at first, without much effort. However, weight loss may slow down or stop altogether after a while.

Below are common reasons why you are not losing weight…

You will also find tips on the necessary things to do in order to break through these obstacles and get things moving once again.

1.[size=14pt] You are not watchful of what you eat[/size]

Awareness is incredibly important if you are trying to lose weight. Many people actually don’t have a clue how much they’re really eating.

Studies show that keeping track of your diet helps with weight loss. People who use food diaries, or take pictures of their meals, consistently lose more weight than people who don’t.

2. [size=14pt]Not Realizing that you are actually losing weight[/size]

If you think you are experiencing weight loss obstacles, then you may not need to freak out yet.

It is incredibly common for the scale not to budge for a few days (or weeks) at a time. This does NOT mean that you are not losing fat. Also, it is possible to gain muscle at the same time as you lose fat. This is particularly common if you just recently started exercising.

This is a good thing, as what you really want to lose is body fat, not just weight.

It is a good idea to use something other than the scale to gauge your progress. For example, measure your waist circumference and get your body fat percentage measured once per month.

Unless your weight has been stuck at the same point for at least 1-2 weeks, then you probably don’t need to worry about anything.

3. [size=14pt]You are still eating more than required Calories[/size]

A large percentage of people who have trouble losing weight are simply eating too many calories than their body requires.

You may think, ‘this does not apply to me’, but keep in mind that studies consistently show that people tend to underestimate their calorie intake by a significant amount.

If you are not losing weight, then you should try weighing your foods and tracking your calories for a while.

Here is a helpful resource:

Calorie calculator – Use this tool to figure out how many calories to eat.

Tracking is also important if you’re trying to reach a certain nutrient goal, like getting 30% of your calories from protein. This can be impossible to achieve if you’re not tracking things properly.

4. [size=14pt]You are not eating whole foods[/size]

Food quality is just as important as quantity.

Eating healthy foods can improve your health and help regulate your appetite. These foods tend to be much more filling than their processed counterparts.

Keep in mind that many processed foods labeled as “health foods” aren’t really healthy. Stick to whole, single-ingredient foods as much as possible.

5. [size=14pt]You are Binge Eating (Even on Healthy Food[/size])

Binge eating is a common side effect of dieting. It involves rapidly eating large amounts of food, often much more than your body needs.

This is a pretty big problem for many dieters. Some of them binge on junk food, while others binge on relatively healthy foods.

Even if something is healthy, the calories still count. Depending on the volume, just a single binge can often ruin an entire week’s worth of dieting.

6. [size=14pt]You are still drinking soft, sugary and carbonated beverages[/size]

Sugary beverages are the most fattening items in the food supply. Our brains don’t compensate for the calories in them by making us eat less of other foods.

Even fruit juices are problematic, and should not be consumed in large amounts. A single glass can contain a similar amount of sugar as several pieces of whole fruit!

7. [size=14pt]You are taking less of protein[/size]

Protein is the single most important nutrient for losing weight.

Eating protein at 25-30% of calories can boost metabolism by 80-100 calories per day and make you automatically eat several hundred fewer calories per day. It can also drastically reduce cravings and desire for snacking.

If you eat breakfast, then this is the most important meal to load up on the protein. Studies show that those who eat a high-protein breakfast are less hungry and have fewer cravings throughout the day.

8. [size=14pt]You are not sleeping well[/size]

Good sleep is one of the most important things to consider for your physical and mental health, as well as your weight.

Studies show that poor sleep is one of the single biggest risk factors for obesity. Adults and children with poor sleep have a 55% and 89% greater risk of becoming obese, respectively.

Poor sleep has a way of making you to eat more.

9. [size=14pt]You are still obsessed with “dieting”[/size]

“Diets” almost never work in the long term. If anything, studies actually show that people who “diet” gain more weight over time.

Instead of approaching this from a dieting mindset, make it your primary goal to become a happier, healthier and fitter person. Focus on nourishing your body instead of depriving it, and let weight loss follow as a natural side effect.

10. You are not taking enough water

Drinking water can have benefits for weight loss.

In one 12-week weight loss study, people who drank half a liter (17 oz) of water 30 minutes before meals lost 44% more weight. Drinking water has also been shown to boost the amount of calories burned by 24-30% over a period of 1.5 hours.

11. [size=14pt]You are still eating more of carbohydrates[/size]

If you have a lot of weight to lose, and/or if you have metabolic problems like type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes, then you may want to consider a low-carb diet.

In short-term studies, this type of diet has been shown to cause up to 2-3 times as much weight loss as the standard “low-fat” diet that is often recommended.

Low-carb diets can also lead to improvements in many metabolic markers, such as triglycerides, HDL cholesterol and blood sugar, to name a few.

12. You are not eating mindfully

13. You are drinking more alcohol than your body requires

14. You have a medical condition that is making things harder

15. You are still addicted to junk food

16. Your expectations/goals are unrealistic

17. You are not doing cardio exercises
Re: How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off Permanently by Loseweightng: 7:30am On Jul 18, 2016
[size=24pt]WdET: Weekdays Exercise Tips (Pics)[/size]

Hello Fam,

Here are exercises/ workouts that will set your week on a great and productive path, help you achieve maximum weight loss, fitness and general health. These are simple but great daily exercises you can do right inside your room...it doesn't require you stepping out of the house.

WdET is what everyone needs, whether you want to;

==Lose weight

==Get flat tummy or lose belly fat (it won't happen in a week ooo...it's not magic)

==Maintain your current weight

== Just Keep fit

==Boost your energy level

==Or Set your mind on a productive path for the day

In this week’s WdET, we have the following exercises to keep that fat off and to help you get flat tummy fast…

[size=16pt]THE EXERCISES;[/size]

[size=14pt]20 High Knees (2 Sets)[/size]

[size=14pt]25 Jumping Jacks (2 Sets)[/size]

[size=14pt]25 Crunches (2 Sets)[/size]

[size=14pt]15 Push Ups (2 Sets)[/size]

[size=14pt]15 Knee Crunches (2 Sets)[/size]

[size=14pt]10 Leg raises (2 Sets)[/size]

[size=14pt]15 Flutter kicks (2 Sets)[/size]

[size=14pt]10 Heel Touches (2 Sets)[/size]

[size=14pt]60 Secs Plank (3 Sets)[/size]

Note: The maximum resting time between an exercise and another is 20 seconds.

And if you wish to intensify the workout (maybe for better results or you have higher endurance for just a set), these are what to to:

First, do not observe resting time between each exercise and another until you round up a set (a set is the totality of the exercises in a group).

Secondly, instead of just doing 2 sets only, you can increase the sets to 3 or more.

That’s all for the week…Wishing you all great workout session.

NB: For the exercises' pictures, you can simply google it or you may see the source below

Oga Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique wink wink

Source; http://loseweightng.com/2016/06/13/wdet-weekdays-exercise-tips-2/

Re: How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off Permanently by Benjom(m): 7:52am On Jul 18, 2016
Good write up

1 Like

Re: How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off Permanently by OliviaNell: 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2020
These are great tips. The basis of every weight loss is an active lifestyle and conscious food consumption. But now, during such a lot of analogues for weight loss, there is no need to spend days in the gym. If you do not have time for daily activities, or are constantly hungry, you can include special pills in your diet. You can read more about proven weight loss pills here. Pay attention to the composition, it should be as natural as possible, as here.
Re: How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off Permanently by richbawse4eva(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2020
A healthy living is a wealthy living.

visit www.stayinghealthyandwealthy.com

Re: How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off Permanently by Kallantan: 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2020
It seems to me that for beneficial weight loss, in addition to personal motivation, you need to hire a personal nutritionist who will correctly structure your diet and control your diet. At least half of your weight loss depends on the right food. The second part is the sport. In this case, you need to turn to a fitness trainer who will show you the proper exercise that will help you.

(1) (Reply)

The Relationship Between Ovulation, Mentrual Flow And Safe Period / 15 Bad Habits Youll Regret Later In Life / Photos: This Strange Looking Baby Has Just Been Allegedly Born In Kaduna State (

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.