Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps (3064 Views)

₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US / Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps by cocolacec(m): 1:17am On Dec 22, 2015
Hi all I have a friend whose passports was seized by the German embassy Lagos due to Multiple stamps his travel agent put on his passport to enable him get an Italian visa.He was granted an Italian visa for some days which he used.on getting back to Nigeria he decided to apply to German embassy for businees visa only to have his passport seized and sent to Nigerian immigration Abuja.What do you advise him to do and how can he get a new passport or the seized passport back? He needs to travel abroad for his ordered goods lying in the warehouse.
Re: Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps by jerryunit48: 2:58am On Dec 22, 2015
Looks like you are in a long one don't joke with the Germans , why didn't you go for an Italian visa again since they gave you before from there you cold have moved to other parts of Europe ? But what I don't understand is sending your P to Nigerian immigration They could have just refused your application but the passport remains yours
Re: Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps by redcliff: 3:46am On Dec 22, 2015
jerryunit48:
Looks like you are in a long one don't joke with the Germans , why didn't you go for an Italian visa again since they gave you before from there you cold have moved to other parts of Europe ? But what I don't understand is sending your P to Nigerian immigration They could have just refused your application but the passport remains yours

Apparently the poster is under suspicion for committing a crime contravening immigrations laws. What other authroity do they need to send his case to other than the immigration in nigeria? Its left for th immigration to hand him over to the police.
Re: Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps by worry359(m): 7:26am On Dec 22, 2015
They send the passport back to Nigerian immigration so that the criminal owner can be prosecuted for fraud.
You might try to get the passport back but you will either be arrested or asked for bribe money.

Whatever you do you now have a criminal record on the whole Shengen computer system for using fake documents.
It will not be easy for you to get another visa to anywhere now.

1 Like

Re: Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps by sobastical: 7:58am On Dec 22, 2015
I think the main problem here was the illegal stamps the said agent put on his passport... sometimes I just think if those agents do have human feelings

2 Likes

Re: Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps by cocolacec(m): 1:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
jerryunit48:
The Italian visa was tourist visa for 10 days so he couldnot do much and getting italian business invitation letter was a hardnut to crack.He requested the German company hes been shipping with over the years to send him an invitation letter which the did within one week.
Re: Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps by claremont(m): 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
I don't think the Nigerian Immigration has the time to prosecute such cases for fraud, they would rather collect bribe ad give the passport back to the owner. @OP has possibly been banned by the whole of the Shengen group including the UK. Shengen countries also share information with the US, so he may have been banned by them as well. Immigration fraud is a crime that most countries are taking very seriously these days in view of the terrorist threat.
Re: Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps by cocolacec(m): 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
claremont:
I don't think the Nigerian Immigration has the time to prosecute such cases for fraud, they would rather collect bribe ad give the passport back to the owner. @OP has possibly been banned by the whole of the Shengen group including the UK. Shengen countries also share information with the US, so he may have been banned by them as well. Immigration fraud is a crime that most countries are taking very seriously these days in view of the terrorist threat.
Is it possible for thé embassy to ban someone without spelling it out on thé rejection letter.
Re: Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps by worry359(m): 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
cocolacec:

Is it possible for thé embassy to ban someone without spelling it out on thé rejection letter.

Quite possible, also if you have been entered onto the Shengen computer database for fraud and fake documents and stamps
it is there for every country to look at.
Re: Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps by optimusprime2(m): 1:09am On Jan 10, 2016
cocolacec:

No, it's not possible... They sent the passport to NIS, because the owner won a German lottery. Soon the embassy will call and give an invitation for a German passport and dinner with Angela Merkel.
They will even issue the flight ticket free and award a German Bachelors degree.
Mtcheew...

4 Likes

Re: Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps by cocolacec(m): 6:18am On Jan 10, 2016
worry359:

Quite possible, also if you have been entered onto the Shengen computer database for fraud and fake documents and stamps
it is there for every country to look at.
ok i will ask the German police if his
name is on SIS. Thanks
Re: Passport Seized By German Embassy Due To Multiple Stamps by NaLaugh: 6:36am On Jan 10, 2016
optimusprime2:

No, it's not possible... They sent the passport to NIS, because the owner won a German lottery. Soon the embassy will call and give an invitation for a German passport and dinner with Angela Merkel.
They will even issue the flight ticket free and award a German Bachelors degree.
Mtcheew...

cheesy

Make sure they issue first class tickets, and ask them to upgrade the degree to a PhD.

(1) (Reply)

Somebody Pls Save Me From This Dead Country Nigeria So I Can Travel Abroad / Aba This Morning (GRAPHIC IMAGES) / Work And Live In Finland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.