Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) (5250 Views)

Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner / Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner / Xiaomi Redmi 4 With 2gb Ram, 16gb ROM And Fingerprint Sensor At N33,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by babstun1(m): 9:17am On Dec 22, 2015
Gionee has announced the launch of the Gionee M5 Enjoy, which is the Gionee’s latest smartphone with a fingerprint scanner in the home button and a massive 5000 mAh battery. The device has a 5.5 inch display with resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels.
The smartphone is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad core MediaTek processor with 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage.
The Gionee M5 Enjoy has an 8 MP rear facing auto focus camera with LED flash. There is also a front facing 5 MP camera. The device runs on the Android Lollipop version. The handset is priced at $308 and It is available in metallic Golden colour.

check out more specs >>>> http://www.tuneftech.com/2015/12/new-gionee-m5-enjoy-with-5000-mah-and.html

Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by mosjames: 10:53am On Dec 24, 2015
Great specs, also with fingerprint scanner just like Phantom5
How much?
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by Juliuxxxxx: 11:47am On Dec 24, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by BluePearls(m): 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2015
Gionee tried to keep this phone at a budget by cutting some serious corners.. Camera is 8mp but that can be managed, using IPS instead of Amoled screen was a deal breaker for me. But im sure some buyers will overlook that and make do with the fingerprint scanner.
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by BluePearls(m): 1:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
I may have shot myself on the foot with the above statement. Both screens have their plus and minus. In the end, if this device comes to Nigeria, a performance review may convince me. I really want to try out a gionee phones, fingerprint scanner is a must, hence my scepticism.
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2015
BluePearls:
Gionee tried to keep this phone at a budget by cutting some serious corners.. Camera is 8mp but that can be managed, using IPS instead of Amoled screen was a deal breaker for me. But im sure some buyers will overlook that and make do with the fingerprint scanner.

At $300 that phone is not cheap compared to the competition. They tried cutting cost by making it 720p instead of 1080p, also quad core instead of octacore, and then 8mp camera. Now where are all those gionee fans that say tecno phantom 5 is too expensive. They don't know that good soup na money kill am. I am beginning to respect tecno by going all out to build a REAL flagship phone. Anyone that says phantom 5 is too expensive should come and see this one. Phantom 5 is 70k, this one is $300, change to naira is about 65k, when u add shipping and tax it would be above 70k.

Phantom 5 has better scren : 1080p vs 720p
Phantom 5 has better camera
Phantom 5 has better processor: octacore vs quadcore
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by BluePearls(m): 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
greenhulk:

At $300 that phone is not cheap compared to the competition. They tried cutting cost by making it 720p instead of 1080p, also quad core instead of octacore, and then 8mp camera. Now where are all those gionee fans that say tecno phantom 5 is too expensive. They don't know that good soup na money kill am. I am beginning to respect tecno by going all out to build a REAL flagship phone. Anyone that says phantom 5 is too expensive should come and see this one. Phantom 5 is 70k, this one is $300, change to naira is about 65k, when u add shipping and tax it would be above 70k.

Point taken. If we put current exchange rate into consideration, Tecno P5 is a better buy, yet for that same price or even lesser, better phones abound with better specs too. Xiaomi Redmi 3, Let Tv Le 1s, Lenovo Vibe X3, Elephone Vowney, etc comes to mind.
I was really rooting for Gionee but kinda disappointed.
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
BluePearls:

Point taken. If we put current exchange rate into consideration, Tecno P5 is a better buy, yet for that same price or even lesser, better phones abound with better specs too. Xiaomi Redmi 3, Let Tv Le 1s, Lenovo Vibe X3, Elephone Vowney, etc comes to mind.
I was really rooting for Gionee but kinda disappointed.

Yes gionee must be really high on some cheap weed if they think they can sell a mid range phone for that price. a mid range phone for 70k plus? A Chinese phone, wtf. Yes this phone is not flagship, a flagship phone will not come with 720p and 8mp camera in 2016. When xiaomi redmi note 3 which is a true flagship sells for less than 60k. And if u want a flagship with beauty then tecno phantom 5 is still cheaper and a lot better.
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by Orator2383: 4:01pm On Dec 24, 2015
greenhulk:

true talk. Gionee is also launching massively into the market now but believe me if this is true around 60k. It won't sell a dime in Nigeria. Phantom 5 is way better
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
First of all, Gionee sells phones in Nigeria at about 70% of the US price. The phone won't be more than 40k.
Secondly, the M5 Plus completely knocks the Phantom 5 out of the water and it costs about 50k.

Announced
2015, December
Status
Available. Released 2015, December
BODY
Dimensions
160.9 x 81.2 x 8.4 mm (6.33 x 3.20 x 0.33 in)
Weight
208 g (7.34 oz)
SIM
Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
DISPLAY
Type
AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M
colors
Size
6.0 inches (~75.5% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution
1080 x 1920 pixels (~368 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch
Yes, up to 5 fingers
- Amigo 3.1
PLATFORM
OS
Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop)
Chipset
Mediatek MT6753
CPU
Octa-core
MEMORY
Card slot
microSD, up to 128 GB
Internal
64 GB, 3 GB RAM
CAMERA
Primary
13 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
Features
Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection,
panorama, HDR
Video
1080p@30fps
Secondary
5 MP

Specs of the M5 Plus. Phantom 5 got nothing on this.

4 Likes

Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
HeavenlyBang:
First of all, Gionee sells phones in Nigeria at about 70% of the US price. The phone won't be more than 40k.
Secondly, the M5 Plus completely knocks the Phantom 5 out of the water and it costs about 50k.

Announced
2015, December
Status
Available. Released 2015, December
BODY
Dimensions
160.9 x 81.2 x 8.4 mm (6.33 x 3.20 x 0.33 in)
Weight
208 g (7.34 oz)
SIM
Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
DISPLAY
Type
AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M
colors
Size
6.0 inches (~75.5% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution
1080 x 1920 pixels (~368 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch
Yes, up to 5 fingers
- Amigo 3.1
PLATFORM
OS
Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop)
Chipset
Mediatek MT6753
CPU
Octa-core
MEMORY
Card slot
microSD, up to 128 GB
Internal
64 GB, 3 GB RAM
CAMERA
Primary
13 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
Features
Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection,
panorama, HDR
Video
1080p@30fps
Secondary
5 MP

Specs of the M5 Plus. Phantom 5 got nothing on this.

Umm, I don't think gionee m5 plus would sell for about 50k like u sugget. Even gionee m5 is sold for between 45-55k depending on where u buy it. So expect the m5 plus (which is a major upgrade over the m5) to sell for around 65-70k or even more. Even jumia are selling the m5 for 121k lol. Are u fuk**g kidding me?

Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by daphid25(m): 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
Orator2383:
true talk. Gionee is also launching massively into the market now but believe me if this is true around 60k. It won't sell a dime in Nigeria. Phantom 5 is way better
I second that
Please tell 'em
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
greenhulk:

Umm, I don't think gionee m5 plus would sell for about 50k like u sugget. Even gionee m5 is sold for between 45-55k depending on where u buy it. So expect the m5 plus (which is a major upgrade over the m5) to sell for around 65-70k or even more. Even jumia are selling the m5 for 121k lol. Are u fuk**g kidding me?

Why would you shop for a non-Infinix phone on Jumia. Their prices are going extravagant. The M5 costs 41k.

The Marathon M5 Plus has been priced
at Yuan 2499 in China (Rs 25,567 when
converted). The original Marathon M5
was launched in India for Rs 17,999.
Marathon M5 Plus has a 6-inch
AMOLED display.

Rs 25567 is 75k or so. 70% of that is 54k.
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
HeavenlyBang:

Why would you shop for a non-Infinix phone on Jumia. Their prices are going extravagant. The M5 costs 41k.

The Marathon M5 Plus has been priced
at Yuan 2499 in China (Rs 25,567 when
converted). The original Marathon M5
was launched in India for Rs 17,999.
Marathon M5 Plus has a 6-inch
AMOLED display.

Rs 25567 is 75k or so. 70% of that is 54k.

I wonder where else u want to buy all these Chinese phones if not online. Not talking jumia now because I know that price is ludicrous and probably an error. But gionee m5 sells for 47k on konga and 45k at slot. So where are they selling it for 41k? Most of these Chinese phones don't have a fixed price in Nigeria, it all depends on the importers and dealers.

And I wonder what gave u the impression that gionee sell their phones in Nigeria for 30% less than the official price? The only reason they would do that is if they release another model for Nigeria wiith lower specs. As a matter of fact they should be more expensive in Nigeria because they will have to pay tax and shipping. That is why a $800 iPhone sells for 200k in Nigeria.
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by Elxandre(m): 9:07pm On Dec 24, 2015
I thought I somehow found my way back into the past. grin
This phone has been released for months now, and Una just dey argue?
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
Elxandre:
I thought I somehow found my way back into the past. grin
This phone has been released for months now, and Una just dey argue?

Umm actually this is m5 enjoy and it was released just this month. The other m5 has 13mp camera while this one has 8mp, but they then included a fingerprint scanner. If u ask me its one step forward and 2 steps backwards, and to say this one is more expensive? Jokers.
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by Elxandre(m): 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
greenhulk:

Umm actually this is m5 enjoy and it was released just this month. The other m5 has 13mp camera while this one has 8mp, but they then included a fingerprint scanner. If u ask me its one step forward and 2 steps backwards, and to say this one is more expensive? Jokers.

No.
It will be cheaper when it arrives Naija.
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by BluePearls(m): 5:04am On Dec 25, 2015
[img][/img]Elxandre:

No.
It will be cheaper when it arrives Naija.

If it arrives.
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by hedonistic: 7:49am On Dec 25, 2015
I'm enjoying your enlightened debate guys. Is the M5 Plus coming to Nigeria? When? I am interested in this phone..
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:25am On Dec 25, 2015
greenhulk:

I wonder where else u want to buy all these Chinese phones if not online. Not talking jumia now because I know that price is ludicrous and probably an error. But gionee m5 sells for 47k on konga and 45k at slot. So where are they selling it for 41k? Most of these Chinese phones don't have a fixed price in Nigeria, it all depends on the importers and dealers.

And I wonder what gave u the impression that gionee sell their phones in Nigeria for 30% less than the official price? The only reason they would do that is if they release another model for Nigeria wiith lower specs. As a matter of fact they should be more expensive in Nigeria because they will have to pay tax and shipping. That is why a $800 iPhone sells for 200k in Nigeria.

I dunno, maybe from their service centers?

I'm saying that because I've used lots of Gionee phones, and any real Gionee user knows that's a fact. Our market is different from the Indian market, we get the products much cheaper here, because they know our economy is fvcked and they have to stay competitive in the market.
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by kolexepana: 9:19am On Dec 25, 2015
greenhulk:

Yes gionee must be really high on some cheap weed if they think they can sell a mid range phone for that price. a mid range phone for 70k plus? A Chinese phone, wtf. Yes this phone is not flagship, a flagship phone will not come with 720p and 8mp camera in 2016. When xiaomi redmi note 3 which is a true flagship sells for less than 60k. And if u want a flagship with beauty then tecno phantom 5 is still cheaper and a lot better.
Yeah good point, phantom5 is better
They'll argue with you, but they'd be wrong at the end of the day cool
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by Elxandre(m): 9:53am On Dec 25, 2015
kolexepana:

Yeah good point, phantom5 is better
They'll argue with you, but they'd be wrong at the end of the day cool
The Infinix zero 3 has slightly higher specs than the phantom 5, yet is 46k grin
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by kolexepana: 10:03am On Dec 25, 2015
Elxandre:

The Infinix zero 3 has slightly higher specs than the phantom 5, yet is 46k grin
Nah, i disagree
You can't spoon feed me
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by babstun1(m): 10:48am On Dec 26, 2015
Gionee has announced the launch of the Gionee M5 Plus, which is the company’s latest smartphone with a fingerprint scanner in the home button, USB Type-C port and a massive 5020 mAh battery.

The device has a 6 inch AMOLED display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The smartphone is powered by a 1.3 GHz octa core MediaTek processor with 3 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage.

The Gionee M5 Enjoy has a 13 MP rear facing auto focus camera with PDAF and LED flash. There is also a front facing 5 MP camera. The device runs on the Android Lollipop version with a massive 5020 mAh battery. The handset is priced at $385.
It is available in metallic Golden and Silver colour options.
Check out more specs >>>> http://www.tuneftech.com/2015/12/new-gionee-m5-plus-with-6-inch-full-hd.html

Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by Ebimablog: 6:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nice argument .The m5enjoy obviously would B cheaper web it arrives Nigeria. take m5 for instance, it sells for 370$ in China and about 400$ in India, that wen converted to Maura is more than the current m5 price in nigeria
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by Davidovinci(m): 11:49pm On Dec 26, 2015
GIONEE 'bout to shoot 'emselves in the leg..if the price is above 60k,nigerians will just shift to another chinko company...Only samsung,LG,sony xperia are allowed to place such price on their product..
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by mindtricks: 8:31am On Dec 30, 2015
A phone that we are yet to know if at all it will come to Nigerian market and no price in Naira has been given yet. Some clowns are busy giving themselves false hope and advertising their Crappy rubbish Tecno craps here like they stood a chance with Gionee.
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by KaffyK(f): 10:06am On Dec 31, 2015
Davidovinci:
GIONEE 'bout to shoot 'emselves in the leg..if the price is above 60k,nigerians will just shift to another chinko company...Only samsung,LG,sony xperia are allowed to place such price on their product..
Everything about this phone is better than the PHANTOM 5. If I sells at 60k, I'ld put all my money on it.
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by Yommieland: 10:20am On Dec 31, 2015
Excited for the new release. Gionee is doing it.
Re: New Gionee M5 Enjoy With 5000 Mah And Fingerprint Scanner Launched (with Pics) by Yommieland: 10:21am On Dec 31, 2015
I hear it will be on the market early 2016. New phone for the new year.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Huawei And Oppo / Can I Use Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 In Nigeria? / How Do I Hide Apps With XOS On Infinix Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.