Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha (3258 Views)

Southern Kaduna Will Join Biafra If Nigeria Breaks Up – John Danfulani / Udom Emmanuel Emerges Chairman Of Southeast-Southsouth Governors’ Forum / Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by ikennaj44: 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
A foundation member of the Ohanaeze
Ndigbo, the apex socio-cultural group of
the Igbos, Ogbueshi Emma Okocha, has
said that the Biafra struggle was a
legitimate one, insisting that all states
concerned with the demand for Biafra
liberation should not shy away from the
call for the emancipation of the zone
from the shackles of the Federal Republic
of Nigeria.
Okocha, who spoke with
247ureports.com in Asaba, the Delta
State capital, weekend, explained that
though the Biafran agitators have no right
to include other states which are not
principally Ibo speaking states into the
Biafran struggle, he said it was incumbent
on leaders of other states, especially
Delta, to hold a special consultation
among opinion leaders before pulling out
or aligning with the Biafran movement for
liberation and emancipation.
Okocha, who authored ‘Blood on The
Niger’, a book which chronicled how
Asaba people were massacred during the
Nigeria civil war, argued that the
minorities in Delta including the Urhobos,
the Isokos, the Ijaws and Itsekris would
be worse off if they blatantly turned down
aligning with the Igbo movement for the
call of the Biafra Republic.
He said “The Itsekiris, the Urhobos and
the western Igbos are already minorities
in the structural arrangement of the
Nigerian federation. Imagine when a
principal part of that federation leaves,
it’s going to have a serious impact on us.
So, we need to sit down and think. It’s
not for us to just wake up and say we are
not part of the struggle or we are for
Biafra.
“For me, let there be enough
consultation, The Biafrans have no right to
come here and match straight to
Government House and say they are
demanding for Biafra without consulting
the people. At the same time I cannot
say I’m not part of them because the
Nigerian federation will be structurally
against the Midwestern people who are
minorities already if a bigger part of the
Southern States goes away without the
Midwestern states going with them”.
Okocha further argued that “To say I
support Biafra or I do no support, it’s not
important. The important thing is that we
need a referendum or plebiscite to decide
where we belong. When is it coming like
we had in Scotland? Yugoslavia was
broken to pieces into Serbia and others.
From USSR, you have Ukraine, you have
Russia, you have Georgia and you have
Belarus. So, we can’t come here and say
whether you like it or not, you must join
us, it doesn’t go like that. You can’t say
that.
“For Anioma Congress to say they are not
part of it, that’s thoughtless. What is
happening is that if any part of Nigeria
manages to secede as the last option, I
don’t see how the Idomas of Benue State
staying safe in the Nigerian federation if
the Igbos secede and leave them for the
larger Nigeria.
“What is important for us in Delta is that
we need to sit down and decide our fate.
It’s not for these mushroom
organisations, Anioma group or Isoko
group to decide, they don’t understand
what is going on.
“There should be an opinion leadership
conference in Asaba so that we decide
where we should go because if Biafra
goes without we, in Delta, joining them, it
will have a serious impact on us. We
cannot stay alive in another federation.
As a minority already, we will be a silent
minority forever”.
Following the struggles which Nnamdi
Kanu had fought with the federal
government of Nigeria, Okocha said Kanu
has now become the leader of the Igbo
people, noting that Igbos do not elect
leaders but their leaders emerge the
struggles and the battles they won in
their days.
http://247ureports.com/why-south-south-states-should-collaborate-to-achieve-biafra-struggle-okocha/
Emma Okocha is one of the leaders of Ibo speaking people In Ohaneze, and as well as a public figure here in Asaba.
Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by obaiIaIa(m): 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
Even if south south doesn't join, remaining in Nigeria is out of it!

2 Likes

Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
OP,counting down to your ban in 3,2,1......

3 Likes

Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by bugzbunny: 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
holyFRED:
He shouldn't report the news again........
Na u suppose get ban
Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by ikennaj44: 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
holyFRED:
really!!! let it be a permanent one
Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
ikennaj44:
really!!! let it be a permanent one
gringringringrin
Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
I saw this pic and decided to share it don't ban me o

2 Likes

Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by igwe123: 4:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
Anybody limiting igboland to the fake boundaries of 5 states created by Northerners needs to check his brain

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by redsconsult(m): 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
mynd wat is rule 9 again...pls do the needful yo this thread before it goes out of propulsion
Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by ExplorerReturns(m): 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
Yeah,we know where we belong. We are igbos irrespective of our states be it kogi,akwa-ibom,edo,delta and rivers. IGBO BU OFU. I dont care about any fucking minority joining our struggle all i Care is about IGBOS.
I am also using this opportunity to invite all igbo to NJIKO IGBO CARNIVAL @OGUTA LAKE, IMO STATE. 28th-30th december 2015.

IGBO KWENU

4 Likes

Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by Iroh88(m): 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
Cc: Seun, Mynd44.

If these guys can't adhere to simple rules, please send them on permanent leave.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
Iroh88:

If these guys can't adhere to simple rules, please send them on permanent leave.

Thanks.
omenka the noisemaker on the prowl. You are being banned daily now
Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
Iroh88:

Thanks.

Omenka the calabar house boy..... see as he is exposing his kids thinking he is enjoying life
Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by EternalTruths: 5:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
obaiIaIa:
Even if south south doesn't join, remaining in Nigeria is out of it!

Keep deceiving yourself that the UN will consider another view outside a referendum dividing Nigeria into 2 only.

Any further division is between Nigerians.

Think well before you vote. cool
Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by Chidozieude: 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
kaycid77:

Omenka the calabar house boy..... see as he is exposing his kids thinking he is enjoying life

Chessboard the old man

Stop abusing people
Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by mirabel001(f): 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
i tot it was jay jay okocha

4 Likes

Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
omenka the noisemaker on the prowl. You are being banned daily now

@Ecoterrors - When will we do that thing? grin

1 Like

Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by Herald47: 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
Mr okocha stop calling the urhobos,isoko e.t.c to join in the biafran struggle,the se,oshimili,aniocha,egbema,obigbo and asaba is enough to form biafra period

3 Likes

Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by Dejohnbull: 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
Anioma anyi bu ofu. Anyi bu Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by Amberon: 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
I'm urhobo, and though I never liked the idea of seceding with Biafra due to the hate speech by most biafran agitators, but I must say, I like this man and I like how he tabled the matter. If the likes of Nnamdi kanu had spoken like this, we'd have given in a long time ago.
Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by NakedEve: 6:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
studio14:
I saw this pic and decided to share it don't ban me o

Why is Nigeria called zoo?

Answer: Because Buhari said it was dogs and baboons(zoo animals) living in it when he threatened that they both(zoo animals--dog n baboons) will be soaked in blood.

3 Likes

Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by subterfuge: 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
USELESS FOOLS CALLED IPOB.
WHEN PDP IS ENSLAVING YOU AND BRIBING YOU TO TAKE UP ARMS AGAINST BUHARI, ALL IN THE USELESS CAUSE CALLED BIAFRA.
USELESS NDIIGBO.
NDIIGBO FOR PDP BRIBE TAKING
NDIIGBO FOR RITUAL MONEY MAKING
NDIIGBO FOR GREED
FIGHT YOUR BIAFRA WAR ALONE
EAT YOUR PDP AND JONATHAN BRIBE ALONE
NDIIGBO DIE ALONE.
NDIIGBO DON'T EVER OPEN YOUR CHICKEN ANUS MOUTH AND CALL NIGER DELTA TO JOIN YOUR FIGHT.

3 Likes

Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by Chilug(m): 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
Amberon:
I'm urhobo, and though I never liked the idea of seceding with Biafra due to the hate speech by most biafran agitators, but I must say, I like this man and I like how he tabled the matter. If the likes of Nnamdi kanu had spoken like this, we'd have given in a long time ago.
No body cares where you belong. If you want to be sweet mouthed to belong to anything then it's not worth it. Choose for your self.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by ExplorerReturns(m): 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
subterfuge:
USELESS FOOLS CALLED IPOB.
WHEN PDP IS ENSLAVING YOU AND BRIBING YOU TO TAKE UP ARMS AGAINST BUHARI, ALL IN THE USELESS CAUSE CALLED BIAFRA.
USELESS NDIIGBO.
NDIIGBO FOR PDP BRIBE TAKING
NDIIGBO FOR RITUAL MONEY MAKING
NDIIGBO FOR GREED
FIGHT YOUR BIAFRA WAR ALONE
EAT YOUR PDP AND JONATHAN BRIBE ALONE
NDIIGBO DIE ALONE.
NDIIGBO DON'T EVER OPEN YOUR CHICKEN ANUS MOUTH AND CALL NIGER DELTA TO JOIN YOUR FIGHT.

but the author of the article is a Niger deltan from delta state. Why do you behave like this?

1 Like

Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by Amberon: 8:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
And nobody told you to mention me.

If you call being senile, and speaking like a sane person "sweet talking" then you need to get your head checked.

nobody bloody cares about your opinion.
Chilug:

No body cares where you belong. If you want to be sweet mouthed to belong to anything then it's not worth it. Choose for your self.
Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
9. Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting Biafra.
i smell

ban!!!
Re: Southsouth Should Join Biafra Struggle-okocha by subterfuge: 3:15pm On Dec 23, 2015
Because APC DEFEATED PDP??
PDP OR IPOB INSANE IBO PEOPLE OF BIAFRA MUST DISTABILIZE NIGERIA WITH BIAFRA CALLS

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Is The Only President That Is Not Corrupt - Ribadu / Nationwide Fasting And Prayers Declared As Buhari’s Health Worsens / Gov Ortom: "I Only Treat Snake Bites, I Don't Own A Snake Farm" Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.