Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

I And Godwin- A Short True Life Story. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I And Godwin- A Short True Life Story. (771 Views)

Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / Red Night (true Life Story) / TORN (based On A True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I And Godwin- A Short True Life Story. by Liftkid(m): 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
I was sitting down in my shop one blissful evening when a little boy came to me, greeted and asked in a weak voice '' bro, where is Julius Berger situated ? ''
I told him That Julius.B is very far from my shop but he insisted i should direct him that he would trek to the place.
I advised him that it was already late and the motor that will convey him from Alaba to berger will charge him #300 yet he pleaded I should direct him.
I was online that day so I logged out just to interrogate him. When asked his mission he told me he was looking for work.
In my mind: '' work as you small so?
I inquired the type of work and he said he is ever ready to do anything. I further asked if he know anybody in berger and he said '' someone told me that many of our people are working and residing there ''
Like a journalist, I gave him seat and asked him to composite himself. He Told me his name is Godwin, He hail from benue state, a Christian and 12 year old. When I asked about his parents, He told me that his mother is late and the father and his newly married step mother hates him, hence he decided to fend for himself. I took pity on him and almost cried but remembered one Igbo proverb ''Mechanic ekwerozi anyi mara ndi bu ndi ara '' [ we can no longer differentiate mechanics from the mad ]
I asked him how he manage to come lagos and he started narrating his plight. I followed a trailer loaded with yam from my place benue to lagos. There is this driver that always convey yam from benue to Lagos. I saw his boys loading the trailer, walked up to the him and begged him to take me to lagos but he refused, he said i am too small. I said okay and kept checking on them. After loading the trailer, that was around 7pm. I climbed from the back and sat on the yam and the driver left. We spent 2days on the roa. I ate and drank nothing the whole two days, I was beaten by the sun and drenched by rain. it was a though journey brother.
This must be d most adventurous thing ever did, I asked.
Yes ooo. I never knew I will make it to lagos he replied.
He told me he jumped down from the trailer at Iyaloba and was wondering where to enter when his spirit told him to follow this side and fortunate for him I gave him a listening ear.
You must be hungry i asked and he said yes. I bought him food. After eating i advised him not to go Julius berger to avoid being knocked down by car or missing. I asked him if he can do purewater business and he said yes. I gave him 30 and took him where he had his bath. Afterwards I gave him 400 I had with me and a bucket someone kept in my shop to start up the purewater business
I saw him selling tomorrow morning and bought water from him. i wasn't tasty just wanted to open business for him. Every evening he would come to my shop after selling and pack for me. We became my smallest friend.
After 2 months he told me he made 8,000 naira from the business and his intention to use the money to buy movies. He told me he stumbled where they are selling Music #30, Nolloywood 50 naira and season film 100. They are very costly in me place, he said.
To cut the story short he bought the movies and latest songs with all the money and left lagos.
He sold everything before one month and came back to lagos again. He told me he made a killing in each movie sold. Bro i now have 15,000 but people were complaining because i couldn't test it for them. I need to buy Tv set, Tiger gen and speaker.
So are you going to start your purewater business ? I asked.
No, There is no gain in the business. I will start pushing truck. I told him he is too small for that but he insisted. He started his truck job. Whenever he close he will come to my shop and i will give him money for his dinner.
He finally bought those things and movies worth 10,000 and left in September. Before he left, he bade me farewell and He said '' brother i will forever remember You.
From that day till now i haven't seen or heard from him but whenever I hear ''Na GODWIN O'' it reminds me of him.

The end.

1 Like

Re: I And Godwin- A Short True Life Story. by Eridith(f): 7:03am On Dec 23, 2015
D world is a small place, he might still locate u one day.

1 Like

Re: I And Godwin- A Short True Life Story. by Liftkid(m): 8:40am On Dec 23, 2015
Yeah

(1) (Reply)

Richmond The Guy That Never Loved Back, Part 1 / HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW IYALODE EFUNSETAN ANIWURA (IYALODE IBADAN)? / Beyond Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.