Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. (60551 Views)

Nigeria: Universities And A Growing Army Of First-class Graduates - Iyabo Lawal / Cheapest Universities And Polytechnics In Nigeria / Nigeria Universities and Polytechnics In Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by prideofscience: 9:25am On Dec 23, 2015
My skull. Who pass urs
Ayt27:
Lautech...Ladokites
Omo Ladoke......
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by modestdude(m): 9:25am On Dec 23, 2015
Holywizard:
Nekedite
NAKE.D WIRE is more common to NEKEDITE........

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by Mbkite(m): 9:25am On Dec 23, 2015
lalasticlala:
Proudly Ikenga grin
Nwa Aba...
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by Mimisboygreat: 9:26am On Dec 23, 2015
ChizzyMaris:
Please in which state is Imo state university located?
somalia
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by mikeayus(m): 9:26am On Dec 23, 2015
opylas:
And we decided to get off the "-ite" train, as a matter of fact, we never were on it.

Proudly FUTARIAN! ...we too tech!!
grin cool
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by aspiz(f): 9:27am On Dec 23, 2015
Greatest....Futmites(futmx)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by augster(m): 9:28am On Dec 23, 2015
Uites no get time for all this

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 23, 2015
Danfodites
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by Holywizard: 9:28am On Dec 23, 2015
modestdude:
NAKE.D WIRE is more common to NEKEDITE........
y my alma mata is termed 'naked wire' is because if u re nt careful enof in de skul as a student...carry overs wic usually leads to Withdrawal or repeat will follow
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by Deapexboy(m): 9:28am On Dec 23, 2015
sushieater:
UNIQUE (Uniport).
u can not b unique if u are not unique
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by engrhorla(m): 9:28am On Dec 23, 2015
mankan2k7:
Of d greatest Ladokites

Of the greatest gba gba!

Intimidation, we condole not
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 23, 2015
Wat about CU??
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by Intendy: 9:29am On Dec 23, 2015
Nicolars:
Best name ever. Akokites
Yes o.Greatest Akokite.
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by Pakman: 9:29am On Dec 23, 2015
christmalachy:
proudly futoite
FUTOITE.....bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by Mbkite(m): 9:29am On Dec 23, 2015
" D GIANTS"
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by wayodude(m): 9:30am On Dec 23, 2015
When my dad was in UNN back in the 60s they were called the lions! No?

That was way before the unimaginative invention of adding 'bites' and 'ites' in describing students/graduates of every educational institution.
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by vickydevoka(m): 9:30am On Dec 23, 2015
odutolasodiq:
hav u heard about OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY? please check webometrics, get updated and thank me later. lolz

I don't think any of the west Africa universities made the 1200 list of universities for de December ranking.# so be calm
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by iamstudahteh21(m): 9:31am On Dec 23, 2015
Nounite all d way. We heading to d top
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by sisiclara: 9:31am On Dec 23, 2015
costandi:
A UNN graduate is ahead of you!
U no add NATURALLY
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by modestdude(m): 9:31am On Dec 23, 2015
ILYA DU LAKE (kegite parlance)
Or
LAKE NWAEBERE
Or
IMO STRESS

But Proudly IMO STARS

All for IMO STATE UNIVERSITY

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 23, 2015
augster:
Uites no get time for all this
your silence could have justified that....
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by GogetterMD(m): 9:32am On Dec 23, 2015
Holywizard:
Nekedite
Bros, na only you waka come?
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by ibadanfinest(m): 9:32am On Dec 23, 2015
Gracito:
If you ask me, na who I go ask? Meanwhile, Zikites,kedu? grin cheesy

Zikites is what those who resides in Nnamdi Azikiwe hall, University of Ibadan are called. The hall was built in 1963. So we are the original Zikites.

One NAU that was established in the late 80s cannot claim that from us. Find yourself a new nickname.
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by jerryfunky(m): 9:33am On Dec 23, 2015
Gracito:
If you ask me, na who I go ask? Meanwhile, Zikites,kedu? grin cheesy

ya zikites tho.....ex precisely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by ChizzyMaris(f): 9:33am On Dec 23, 2015
Mimisboygreat:
somalia
. . Okay, I was wondering.
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by emytuz: 9:34am On Dec 23, 2015
UNIQUE UNIPORT...I hail..abeg where dem MAU-LAG pipo?
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by augster(m): 9:34am On Dec 23, 2015
hopsydboi:
your silence could have justified that....
and did i tell you i‘m a uite?
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by lovely17(m): 9:34am On Dec 23, 2015
Greatest of the greatest of. the greatest AKOKITES
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by GogetterMD(m): 9:34am On Dec 23, 2015
reachome:
FCAIB
Moorite
Bros, na only you waka come?
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by Quelme: 9:34am On Dec 23, 2015
GraceInUSA:

Point of correction
An (not another because there is no other) Annointed University
noted!!! Is AAU ur alma mater too.?
Re: Nigerian Universities And Their Funny Nicknames. by shenery00723(m): 9:35am On Dec 23, 2015
futarians @ Futa

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

2015/2016 Unilorin Direct Entry Thread. / Please Help! My Student Said She Is In Love With Me / Uniben Newly Admitted Student 2009/2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.