Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad (7035 Views)

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July / Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by lexycool01(m): 11:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
I am planning to leave nigeria for studies abroad very soon and i realise the need for naira master card for POS and cash withdrawer from Atm. I do not have a lot of money to trow around as i belong to a average class. I need banks with the cheapest charges for both pos and cash withdrawer.
Warm Regards
Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by tdayof(m): 12:49am On Dec 23, 2015
lexycool01:
I am planning to leave nigeria for studies abroad very soon and i realise the need for naira master card for POS and cash withdrawer from Atm. I do not have a lot of money to trow around as i belong to a average class. I need banks with the cheapest charges for both pos and cash withdrawer.
Warm Regards
diamond visa card.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by lexycool01(m): 6:37am On Dec 23, 2015
@tdayof what are the range of the charges when making such transactions
tdayof:
diamond visa card.
Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by tdayof(m): 7:11am On Dec 23, 2015
lexycool01:
@tdayof what are the range of the charges when making such transactions
it should depend on the country currency I guess. But bank charges per withdrawal is around 400ngn On diamond visa. first bank MasterCard charge 420naira
Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by lexycool01(m): 9:01am On Dec 23, 2015
A girl told me diamond bank charged her 256 naira to a dolar yesterday for making online payment here in nigeria which is very high. The high xchange rate was after the bank informed her of the plan to stop debit card transaction in some countries
tdayof:
it should depend on the country currency I guess. But bank charges per withdrawal is around 400ngn On diamond visa. first bank MasterCard charge 420naira
Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by tdayof(m): 10:24am On Dec 23, 2015
lexycool01:
A girl told me diamond bank charged her 256 naira to a dolar yesterday for making online payment here in nigeria which is very high. The high xchange rate was after the bank informed her of the plan to stop debit card transaction in some countries
265 for online payment is good. First bank charged around 269-270 master card. I think it's the cashless policy.. However note if you are withdrawing with ATM you would be charged around that 260-270 . Cc jayjustus
Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by JayJustus(m): 10:29am On Dec 23, 2015
tdayof:
265 for online payment is good. First bank charged around 269-270 master card. I think it's the cashless policy.. However note if you are withdrawing with ATM you would be charged around that 260-270 . Cc jayjustus

i'm not sure about that tho...I only use GTB cards to buy on aliexpress and they give me standard CBN rate but when I withdraw they usually rape me front and back with that high exchange rate...so I don't withdraw again...WU and moneygram all the way babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by opeyemi71: 6:42pm On Dec 23, 2015
GTBank is quite bad right now. They just charged me at 270 naira to a dollar for an aliexpress purchase. Does anyone have an idea of a bank I can use right now to save some money, because I have to buy a lot before resuming next year.
Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by blessedfavoured: 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
I don't know about first bank..
But between gtb and diamond bank, diamond bank is cheaper, it has always been cheaper... Don't know the current exchange rate on both though. But atm withdrawal charges on diamond is 240 while gtb is 420.
Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2016
JayJustus:

i'm not sure about that tho...I only use GTB cards to buy on aliexpress and they give me standard CBN rate but when I withdraw they usually rape me front and back with that high exchange rate...so I don't withdraw again...WU and moneygram all the way babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
is it possible to send money gram/ WU from nigeria to foreign countries? How do you go about it?
Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by JayJustus(m): 11:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
IHate9ja1:

is it possible to send money gram/ WU from nigeria to foreign countries? How do you go about it?

yes very possible...I even just did it last two weeks...sent to my sister...first bank and zenith do Western union...other banks do moneygram...just inquire

1 Like

Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by Khez: 10:59am On Jul 07, 2016
asked stupid gtb ,they asked me to open a dollar acct ...imagine

just to send money to my friends in america and london

help on how you did yours bro pls?
JayJustus:

yes very possible...I even just did it last two weeks...sent to my sister...first bank and zenith do Western union...other banks do moneygram...just inquire
Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by JayJustus(m): 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
Khez:
asked stupid gtb ,they asked me to open a dollar acct ...imagine

just to send money to my friends in america and london

help on how you did yours bro pls?

GTB doesn't send moneygram or.western union...banks that send include UNITY, zenith, first bank, zenith, diamond
Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by Khez: 6:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
I'D TRY DIAMOND

THANKS ALOT
JayJustus:

GTB doesn't send moneygram or.western union...banks that send include UNITY, zenith, first bank, zenith, diamond
Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by tdayof(m): 2:21am On Jul 08, 2016
JayJustus:

skye bank .
Re: Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad by nuelchill22: 7:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
Now i know why Diamond bank cut more charges, i swear na broad day light robbery
check out my link https://www.infocabal.com/

(1) (Reply)

Arik Air Is A Hoax And A Scam! / German Business Visa Requirement / Is It True Goergia Has Stop Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.