Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect (13670 Views)

Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal / James Faleke To Appeal Kogi Election Ruling / ’50 Senators’ Accompany Saraki To Tribunal For Corruption Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by zeekeyboy: 8:28am On Dec 23, 2015
Barely nine days into the new year, Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has stated 20 things Nigerians should expect to happen under the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government in 2016. In a statement personally signed by Fayose, yesterday, he said: “Fellow Nigerians, I want you to take note of the followings that will unavoidably happen under the Buhari- led government in 2016.” 1. Workers Strike: There will be so much industrial unrest, especially in the first quarter of the year. 2. Subsidy: There will be removal of fuel subsidy and petrol (PMS) will sell over and above N100/litre, leaving the masses in more serious hardship. Product will not be available and long queue in petrol stations will persist throughout the first quarter of 2016 and beyond. 3. Electricity: Power generation will drop to the lowest ebb. Still, Federal Government will increase tariff in 2016. 4. Unemployment: Millions of jobs will be lost in 2016 as against the three million jobs promised by the APC yearly. Most States and Federal Government will retrench workers as evident in the over 2,000 Federal University workers already sacked. 5. Economic Policy: Most private owned middle-class businesses will fold up because of bad economic policies of the Buhari-led government. 6. Devaluation: The Naira will continue to have a free fall which will take it to as low as N320 to one Dollar. 7. Economy: The Buhari-led FG will have no solution to country’s economic problems. 8. Security: Boko Haram will keep spreading and the Shiite Muslims will get more emboldened. 9. Human Rights: Penchant for dictatorship will rise with rampant human rights abuses and disobedience to court orders. 10. Anti-Corruption: Insincerity in the fight against corruption will continue and the fight will not only be selective and political, but targeted more at Southerners. 11. Elections: Attempt to forcefully control any of the South South States of Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa by the APC will lead to unprecedented deaths. 12. Economy: Crude oil price will fall to below and about $30 per barrel. 13. Anti-Press Laws: The masses, especially men of the media profession will rise against the FG’s plot to deny Nigerians of their rights to freedom of expression. There will wide condemnations by Nigerians and the International community against President Buhari’s human rights abuses and disobedience to court orders. 14. Polity: Renewed efforts will be made to remove Senator Bukola Saraki as the Senate President; this will not only fail, but will heat the polity. 15. Hardships: Nigerians will experience more hardships. The President himself attested to this (THE SUN newspaper Tuesday, December 15, 2015). This obviously negates the change Nigerians voted for. 16. Elections: Plot by the APC to take control of at least one South South State will lead to death of many people. Particularly, rerun elections in Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States will cause many deaths. 17. Corruption: Halliburton scam may be revisited in 2016. 19. Kogi State: Court will sack Governor-Elect, Yahaya Bello. Bayelsa State: Governor Seriake Dickson will win the supplementary election. Taraba State: Governor Darius Ishaku will be victorious at the Court. 20. Politics: There will be subtle political alignment and realignment before the end of the year ahead of 2019 elections.
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by saintkel(m): 8:28am On Dec 23, 2015
Falake deserves to be Governor elect not Yahaya bello

2 Likes

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by Lanretoye(m): 8:28am On Dec 23, 2015
OAUTemitayo:
Puffpuff eleyin dun ju bread to contain bromate lo.
Oshee!,ibile to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by Rajiolaade: 8:29am On Dec 23, 2015
Governor Faleke in advance,u are on the right course,u dey kanpe.

2 Likes

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by Emilord(m): 8:29am On Dec 23, 2015
He has no merit. His lawyers should advise him to go and relax. He will not succeed. APC substituted Audu with Yahaya and that is the law,who APC nominates is the rightful candidate. Faleke He has no locus
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by superduperjay: 8:39am On Dec 23, 2015
Achuwa1:
Faleke should not also forget that the ppl of ikeja has given im one week altimatum to tell them whether his constituency is in kogi or ikeja,,but come & think of it,how can inec allow someone holding a political appointing in anoda state be contesting in anoda state,not even renouncing his former position b4 contesting,,infact,inec itself as a govt agency had ridiculed itself with all these rules & electoral laws that are not clear
. Thanks for your concern we ikeja people want him to be governor and didn't send pdp to make any ultimatum on our behalf. We support him and his claim of governorship. Someone else will replace him in the house of reps. Pdp hold no grounds here.

2 Likes

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by veraiyke(m): 9:01am On Dec 23, 2015
My support for Faleke all the way.

1 Like

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by dnatz(f): 9:01am On Dec 23, 2015
Nonsense!
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:03am On Dec 23, 2015
Achuwa1:
Faleke should not also forget that the ppl of ikeja has given im one week altimatum to tell them whether his constituency is in kogi or ikeja,,but come & think of it,how can inec allow someone holding a political appointing in anoda state be contesting in anoda state,not even renouncing his former position b4 contesting,,infact,inec itself as a govt agency had ridiculed itself with all these rules & electoral laws that are not clear
It's after he takes oath of office that he vacates his office as a legislator.

1 Like

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by Arabs999: 9:06am On Dec 23, 2015
Achuwa1:
Are u sure that faleke & co. doesnt have a hand in audu's death because he is doing as if it is a do or die thing,,,maybe,he doesnt want to loose on both ends ,,,but it will be painful if it is true sha,after killing & not still getting the mandate.

..OP, you are a phriminal...

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by repogirl(f): 9:09am On Dec 23, 2015
The law is the LAW, but ofcourse APCheats are lawless miscreants with no regards for the Nigerian Constitution. They only remember the law when it favours them and when it doesn't, they fabricate their own. angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by rajay2015: 9:11am On Dec 23, 2015
Can this man and his lawyers give us some constitutional back up for these claims.
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by boluwatife66(m): 9:14am On Dec 23, 2015
vintino:
This case is a serious one, because its clear faleke has a good case,
but Apc having a yoruba governor in Kogi willl make them loosing there ground after 4 years of his rule as governor, so this card must be play smartly.. .
like seriously? Are you always like this? so the indeginous yoruba's dont have the right to rule kogi their own state again? where were you when clarence Olafemi ruled the state for 60days and even conducted a governorship election .

3 Likes

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by ODUBEZE: 9:16am On Dec 23, 2015
Faleke is a confused human being! He went back to making of laws! which one be this again?
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by missionmex(m): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2015
;
Omotayor123:

Rotflgrin
grin
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by sparkleboy(m): 9:36am On Dec 23, 2015
APc has caused so much confusion since they got to power.

Anyway, No government of this world can satisfy us
Attend this years Deeper life December retreat starting today at all Deeper life campgrounds

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by Ozid(m): 9:38am On Dec 23, 2015
Faleke is testing the wrath of God. I commend Yahaya Bello for his maturity it is unusual for an Ebira man to be cool n patient n watching with keen interest without even complaining. I see a gud leader in u. As for Faleke he is really desperate and his willing to do anything to get it but God is more than u. My last word is that Yahaya Bello might be a young man but he has shown that he is more sensible than Faleke's and his followers.

1 Like

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 23, 2015
Dis drama no dae end
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by adaweezy(m): 9:55am On Dec 23, 2015
boluwatife66:

like seriously? Are you always like this? so the indeginous yoruba's dont have the right to rule kogi their own state again? where were you when clarence Olafemi ruled the state for 60days and even conducted a governorship election .
At the least the Yorubas have ruled, the Ebira people have NEVER ruled.
NB:Yahaya Bello is Ebira
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by charriot: 10:09am On Dec 23, 2015
90% of the comment here are tribalism

1 Like

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by Baboo13(m): 10:21am On Dec 23, 2015
Whether you like it or not, Faleke has a very strong case.

The fact that the election shouldn't have been inconclusive in the 1st instance is a strong case on its own

But ideally, the normal thing is to resign from your current political post before contesting in any other post. We know Ministers do resign before contesting for governorship post (like Labaran Maku, Akunyili) or any other post, but why is it not applicable to Mama Taraba and Faleke?

Anything goes in this country

2 Likes

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:32am On Dec 23, 2015
inec messed up apc by declaring that election inconclusive when they all knew audu was d winner.
what dis implies is if faleke wins at the tribunal considering his punchline premise which is so good, wada will comeout n sue apc n inec for giving someone who never participated in primaries certificate of return.
though am scared cos apc controls the judiciary now.
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by Baboo13(m): 10:35am On Dec 23, 2015
Emilord:
He has no merit. His lawyers should advise him to go and relax. He will not succeed. APC substituted Audu with Yahaya and that is the law,who APC nominates is the rightful candidate. Faleke He has no locus

Do you know the election shouldn't have been inconclusive?

The law takes in cognisance precedence

1 Like

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by banio: 10:36am On Dec 23, 2015
Jazzlite:
Ordinary Kogi State's Governorship election APC's INEC can't conclude... Bayelsa has been waiting for it's results for weeks now....

You sabi sometin
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by Rajjah(f): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2015
This man tink say him dey dream b4 ba? Its reality bro, u either pick up wat was givn to u or u vamoose....
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by Emilord(m): 11:00am On Dec 23, 2015
Baboo13:

Do you know the election shouldn't have been inconclusive?

The law takes in cognisance precedence
bro,that the election was first declared inconclusive has no moment in the matter. INEC is the only body entrusted with the duty and power to conduct elections in Nigeria and anything it does that is within the confines of the legislation that established it in legal. There has not been any precedence or decided cases prior to Audu's scenario,so the court will have to decide this one on its merit.
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by Baboo13(m): 11:15am On Dec 23, 2015
Emilord:
bro,that the election was first declared inconclusive has no moment in the matter. INEC is the only body entrusted with the duty and power to conduct elections in Nigeria and anything it does that is within the confines of the legislation that established it in legal. There has not been any precedence or decided cases prior to Audu's scenario,so the court will have to decide this one on its merit.

Faleke adding INEC to to the suit still means the court will have to look into it

Everything is in the discretion of the tribunal

1 Like

Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by dorox10: 11:19am On Dec 23, 2015
Ijaya123:
The councel to this guy must be daft or hungry.
pls can u tell us how?
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by Ijaya123: 11:29am On Dec 23, 2015
dorox10:
pls can u tell us how?

Time will tell.
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by Emilord(m): 11:42am On Dec 23, 2015
Baboo13:

Faleke adding INEC to to the suit still means the court will have to look into it

Everything is in the discretion of the tribunal
yes,everything rests on the discretion of the tribunal now. The matter will still linger on to the court of Appeal the way I see it. All these problems are manifest because the Electoral Act was not designed or drafted well enough in such a way as to fit into such circumstances when a guber candidate dies during election....well,let's see how the court will decide the matter.
Re: Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect by Baboo13(m): 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2015
Emilord:
yes,everything rests on the discretion of the tribunal now. The matter will still linger on to the court of Appeal the way I see it. All these problems are manifest because the Electoral Act was not designed or drafted well enough in such a way as to fit into such circumstances when a guber candidate dies during election....well,let's see how the court will decide the matter.

Yes.. There is no clear cut position of the law in these matters

It now behoves on the National assembly to immediately look into important legislative issues like this but will toss it around

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Ayo Fayose Preaching In A Church (Video, Photos) / Amaechi: I Never Said Government Has Been Printing Money Since 2015 / NDIG Tells Okuama Community To Desist From "Spreading Falsehood Against Okoloba"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.