Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,437 members, 7,843,332 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Exclusive: Retired High Court Judge To Lead New Biafra Campaign Movement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive: Retired High Court Judge To Lead New Biafra Campaign Movement (3950 Views)

"The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai / #Say No To Biafra Campaign. Ohaneze PHOTOS / Precious Chikwendu Storms Out Of Court, Judge Fails To Appear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive: Retired High Court Judge To Lead New Biafra Campaign Movement by bonechamberlain(m): 8:07am On Dec 24, 2015
gradually the end is becoming nearer
Re: Exclusive: Retired High Court Judge To Lead New Biafra Campaign Movement by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:22am On Dec 24, 2015
great664:

I respect you and some of your post on nairaland but honestly I have been so confused on how you are commenting and wishing harm to any thread containing biafraa or Nnamdi?

You were saying he will rot in jail for soliciting for arms now another group is planning on non violence like you suggested and you bluffing again, .
I am just disappointed in you and thank sfor being able to prove to me in same yr that u just a Snake and a Snitch

I think you need reorientation. When did I wish harm to Kanu and Biafra? That I disagree with something doesn't mean I wish harm. How do you reason? Who said Kanu should rot in jail? In fact, save yesterday, I have restricted myself from commenting on his case with the government. You need to stop being emotional and confused in your bid to nail someone.

As for those people, how does my comment that you quoted suggest being against legitimate process?
Re: Exclusive: Retired High Court Judge To Lead New Biafra Campaign Movement by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:28am On Dec 24, 2015
IROHINOodua:

By Andrew Ikoli
Onitsha
A retired High Court judge, Justice Eze Ozobu will now lead a new coalition of several pro-Biafra groups, the announcement was made today in Enugu. The fresh initiative involves the setting up of what is called "Customary Government" in the Eastern part of Nigeria. The Indigenous People of Biafra, (IPOB) spurred mass rallies in cities across the Eastern States recently, with calls for Igbo self determination. The call has received support from some non-Igbo Nigerians like Prof Wole Soyinka and Catholic Bishop Father Mathew Kukah amidst growing support in most of Europe and North America.
Irohinoodua correspondent in Onitsha who monitored the new development reports that the various groups merged in Enugu today at a small ceremony marked with several locals in attendance. The new coalition also announced the formation of what it called “shadow government.”. The coalition pledged to work for Igbo self determination in a peaceful and coordinated manner.
“Today, history is made. We have brought all the pro-Biafra groups together. They will now work under one umbrella. We are going to press for self determination of the Igbo people is an organized but peaceful manner. We are making contacts with members of the international community for diplomatic assistance. Our campaign will be non-violent”, Chidi Onwuka, an official from Ihiala told Irohinoodua.
He said the new coalition will not break any Nigeria laws but will assert the right to self determination as enshrined in the United Nations, (UN) Charter. The groups that merged were Movement for the Sovereign State of Biafra, (MASSOB), the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra, (IPOD) and several other community-based groups with shared dreams and aspiration for a sovereign nation of the Ibo speaking people.
An official of IPOD, a lawyer, Emeka Emekesiri told the audience that the new group will abide by laws and operate within the confines of international conventions. The group also announced what it called the “Customary Government of the Indigenous People of Biafra.”

Other officials appointed into the Governing Council of the movement are His Royal Majesty, (HRM), the Honourable Justice Eze Ozo¬bu, OFR (Chairman); Dr Dozie Ikedife, OON, JP (Deputy Chair¬man); Brig. Gen. Joe Achuz¬ia, (Secretary-General); HRM, Eze Iheanyi Nwokenna, OFG, JP (Public Relations Officer). Other members of the council are still on duty. Achuzia, alias Air Raid was a prominent iconic figure during the Nigerian civil war.
The statement released at the end of the meeting further stated ‘‘We are happy to announce that the Customary Government of Indigenous People of Biafra has commenced operations at the Government Secretariat located at Enugu, in the interim.

“All the ministries are located within the complex but liaison of¬fices shall be opened in all parts of Biafra land, for easy coordination.
‘‘The Supreme Council of El¬ders of Indigenous People of Bi¬afra has approved a 24-mem¬ber National Executive Council (NEC) that will run the govern¬ment. The NEC will consist of the representatives from all pro-Bia¬fra groups and all the provinces in Biafra land so that none will be excluded.
‘’The junior staff officers of the CGIPB have commenced work at the Secretariat but the Director of Administration and Principal Of¬ficers of the Customary Govern¬ment shall be announced to the public soon.”

‘’The Biafran Government has taken off under Customary Law within the Nigerian Legal System. It is similar to the Sharia Government in the North. We shall not break any Nigerian law. It is a transitional government.
‘’Everything we do is legal. All the Indigenous People of Bia¬fra are therefore advised to submit themselves to the authority of the Government of Indigenous People of Biafra headed by the Supreme Council of Elders,’’ Emekesri stated.

Judge Ozobu's retirement should be terminated effective when he declares himself leader of a defunct group.
Re: Exclusive: Retired High Court Judge To Lead New Biafra Campaign Movement by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:33am On Dec 24, 2015
APCcrimes:

Lol...Why do you want them to remain with other tribes?
I don't force people to remain. I'm an advocate of self-determination myself cool
Re: Exclusive: Retired High Court Judge To Lead New Biafra Campaign Movement by APCcrimes: 8:39am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I don't force people to remain. I'm an advocate of self-determination myself cool

good!

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Retired High Court Judge To Lead New Biafra Campaign Movement by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 24, 2015
Gen. Achuzia, the hannibal of Biafra...I see you!

Good...they are now coming out in public. If only people knew the multitude of wealthy and notable SE and SS men supporting this Biafra cause behind closed doors, you will remain quiet. The truth is many of these elders never thought Nnamdi will go this far...they are surprised and still can't believe how this young man could unite SE and SS, especially with millions of followers willing to die for this struggle. More will be coming out at the appropriate time...
Re: Exclusive: Retired High Court Judge To Lead New Biafra Campaign Movement by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

This yoruba fool claiming SS...Biafra is here whether you like it or not. Ewu Mmanu

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Retired High Court Judge To Lead New Biafra Campaign Movement by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:08am On Dec 24, 2015
Observant:

Any one who does know that Tonyebarnista is a two face slimy ba**tard is on his own.
Here is a pic of his post claiming unity with biafra to suit his pursue as at then.

He is a 2 faced idiat.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Retired High Court Judge To Lead New Biafra Campaign Movement by great664(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I think you need reorientation. When did I wish harm to Kanu and Biafra? That I disagree with something doesn't mean I wish harm. How do you reason? Who said Kanu should rot in jail? In fact, save yesterday, I have restricted myself from commenting on his case with the government. You need to stop being emotional and confused in your bid to nail someone.

As for those people, how does my comment that you quoted suggest being against legitimate process?

Like I said you are not worth quoting, Bleep off my mention

People like you are the reason for my signature. Hope it help you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corruption: The Bane Of Our Society / Atiku’s Petition: Buhari, Apc’s Response Has No Supporting Documents – Investiga / COZA Update: Busola Dakolo Says Fatoyinbo Is Not Free Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.