Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,284 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? (776 Views)

What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? / We Are Elected To Pad Budget – Abiodun Olasupo / WHAT WILL YOU DO IF YOU ARE ELECTED PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? by IkennaNweke(m): 6:59am On Dec 24, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has made some moves that have been applauded by many, but frowned at by others. Both parties have their own “genuine” reasons for taking their positions. However, everybody is not expected to agree or disagree with him as people are entitled to their opinions based on either their convictions or their sentiments. My question is this: If you are elected the president of Nigeria today, what will you do differently from what President Buhari is doing?
Re: If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? by ETHIX(m): 7:20am On Dec 24, 2015
I will sell 50 to 60 percent of the refinaries to private sectors for efficiency and proper accountability. I will ensure 3 refinaries are built with 100 percent private while the govt will enjoy tax from them.

Oil marketers licence, terms and conditions of service will be reviewed.
I will remove subsidy by taking advantage of the fall of the oil price.

Meeting with FEC should be done every 2 weeks to review and appraise their work and give feedback on how and what prospect they have in their various ministries.

I applaud the TSA. It is very good but it must be reviewed every 6 months. Some govt agencies with the help of banks have opened discreet account and is operating presently. Some heads in these govt agencies needs to be changed.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? by Teryfik(m): 7:42am On Dec 24, 2015
I will ensure all d 'gates' in Nigeria go 2 jail.....starting frm Babangidagate,Obasanjogate,Buharigate,Jonathangate,iwealagate,maduekegate,Tinubugate,Amaechigate,sarakigate,fayosegate and all other gates

1 Like

Re: If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? by RealAdewole(m): 7:46am On Dec 24, 2015
fix electricity and education the first two years
fix our refinery and corruption the last two years
I'm very sure other blessings will follow

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? by chiefmidwife: 8:06am On Dec 24, 2015
Return Nigeria to regionalism and each part to develop at its own pace
If you like give birth and give him plate and spoon to beg along the street or train/ask him to work hard in life

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? by yhemsy62(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2015
Fighting corruption to a standstill will be my top priority

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? by EternalTruths: 8:16am On Dec 24, 2015
IkennaNweke:
President Muhammadu Buhari has made some moves that have been applauded by many, but frowned at by others. Both parties have their own “genuine” reasons for taking their positions. However, everybody is not expected to agree or disagree with him as people are entitled to their opinions based on either their convictions or their sentiments. My question is this: If you are elected the president of Nigeria today, what will you do differently from what President Buhari is doing?

True Federalism I will champion. cool

1 Like

Re: If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? by bonechamberlain(m): 8:17am On Dec 24, 2015
the first thing is to decentralize the centre, give power to all states to control its resources, then others can follow angry

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? by udumosam23(m): 8:53am On Dec 24, 2015
Restructure the education system in such a way that every Nigerian will at least have basic education.

Until we start from the basic to change the philosophy and mentality of every common Nigerian, we r far from hope.

Corruption runs in our blood, we r thought corruption in school, by our teachers, parents/guardians, superiors worst of all the pastors and imams.

There need to be a total overhaul of the system, and it has to start only with the children, they r our only hope.

My dream is born of an experience some months ago. I was on a bike, a certain family on a Siena bus was driving past a checkpoint. The driver (husband to the wife seated on the front, father to the two kids behind), as a normal thing, gave the policeman a tip (I don't know how much).

Suddenly, an eight year old or there about, screemed, from inside the car, 'daddy daddy daddy" when daddy went close to give attention, the child said softly I saw you giving bribe to the police. Father insist it was not bribe, and demanded that the child be quiet.

The other child older than the first, just came down, walk straight to the officer who was still holding the money in his hand, maybe contemplating giving a change, and tell him "give me that back". I was shocked. I thought he the policeman will boot the child outa the way, but he conscienciously gave back the money.

Father apologized, provides document for his car, which the policeman didn't even border to glance just wave and ask him to move.

Someone somewhere must have given good teaching to these kids.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? by CallPolice: 9:19am On Dec 24, 2015
ETHIX:
I will sell 50 to 60 percent of the refinaries to private sectors for efficiency and proper accountability. I will ensure 3 refinaries are built with 100 percent private while the govt will enjoy tax from them.

Oil marketers licence, terms and conditions of service will be reviewed.
I will remove subsidy by taking advantage of the fall of the oil price.

Meeting with FEC should be done every 2 weeks to review and appraise their work and give feedback on how and what prospect they have in their various ministries.

I applaud the TSA. It is very good but it must be reviewed every 6 months. Some govt agencies with the help of banks have opened discreet account and is operating presently. Some heads in these govt agencies needs to be changed.

Private sectors cannot buy refineries that are not working.
Re: If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? by mirabel001(f): 9:44am On Dec 24, 2015
i wil divide d con3
Re: If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? by tck2000(m): 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2019
Vision
Re: If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? by Kaetoh: 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2019
Put a ban on all imported products but effect to be carried out gradually in a space of months for each group of commodity. Eg, i put a ban on toothpick, earbuds, steel cutlerries in january 2020. I will call the importers prior to this time and order them to form a national union. The chief importers will head these unions. They will support local manufacturing of these commodities financially and by agreeing with government to import no more of such commodities. At same time my government will recruit a special police force nation wide who will patrol the borders against importation of those commodities. These police officers will patrol the borders, inspect markets , shops, business areas, malls, hawkers etc in search of offenders. All offenders will have their wares consficated, sold to government agencies to raise funds. By this my government will gain the trust of former importers and also by recruiting them to produce for us, we have been able to retain their businesses and gaining from their wealth of experience in specification, quality, diztribution etc. And also such companies will be excellent job creation tools for the country.
Imagine having a spoon manufacturing company in 36 states of the federation employing 1000 direct and indirect staff per state. To include met/mat engineers, mechanicsl engineers, chemical engineers, lawyers, doctors, chemists, polymer n textile engineers, accountants, security outfits etc.. We may have ended up creating 36000 jobs in cutlery production department alone.
Then six months from january, like in june 2019 my government will effect ban on biulding wares such as tiles, marbles, toilet seaters, etc. Same module will be followed too as above.
Inaugurate police nationwide for efffective monitoring and enforcement of laws. Create a union to convert all importers to local manufacturers and distributors. By so doing my government will create jobs from little things overlooked by past administrations .
Re: If You Are Elected The President Of Nigeria Today, What Will You Do Differently? by iluvdonjazzy: 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2019
I will not stay in Aso Rock so that I don't get infected by Buhari, Jonathan, Yara'dua, OBJ, Abdulsalam, Abacha, Shonekan and Babagidda.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Wike's Plan To Escape! / 2016 Budget Reportedly Goes Missing At National Assembly / Corruption Fights Back: EFCC Vs A Reactionary Elite.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.