Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Niger Delta Militants Protest Over Unpaid Stipends By President Buhari's Govt. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Militants Protest Over Unpaid Stipends By President Buhari's Govt. (594 Views)

Osinbajo Commends Man Who Refunded Stipends Paid To Him After Leaving N-Power / Oil Block Revocation By President Buhari Causes Controversies / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Militants Protest Over Unpaid Stipends By President Buhari's Govt. by bestfutboltips: 8:06am On Dec 24, 2015
Yesterday about 17:00hrs, Niger Delta militants stage a fierced protest at Choba the location of University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State. The ex-militants (repented militants) who are under rehabilitation at Aluu, a community within walking distance from the school (uniport) appear without warning chanting warlike songs and stamping their feet on the ground and most without shirts. This caused panic among the populace resulting in the drivers abandoning their cars (myself among) in the middle of the road to run for their lives. Shortly afterwards they were dispense with heavy military presence....

This is just a warning protest.... More will come and Port Harcourt may soon return to the land of militants (God forbid). I hope President Buhari does something about this development urgently before we see another mayhem in Port Harcourt.

This boys will not stop until they are paid...

PS: could not take pictures because of the unexpectedness of their arrival, I have escape for my safety, however, you confirm from friends and anyone living within the mentioned vicinities.

Cc: Mods... OAM4J, Mynd44
Re: Niger Delta Militants Protest Over Unpaid Stipends By President Buhari's Govt. by fhelihx(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2015
Militant stipend angry,mk dem beta find work do.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militants Protest Over Unpaid Stipends By President Buhari's Govt. by zico530(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2015
In as much as I am not in support of the way bubu is running the country, u am not equally is support of the ex-militants idleness.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Protest Over Unpaid Stipends By President Buhari's Govt. by Trut(m): 8:14am On Dec 24, 2015
Show us pinshure
Re: Niger Delta Militants Protest Over Unpaid Stipends By President Buhari's Govt. by Joe4lv(m): 8:17am On Dec 24, 2015
OP,if what you report is true then the govt should move into actions as quick as possible to ensure these guys are paid to avert another disaster. the budget had been presented with 3.3m barrel per day production of crude with staggering oil price at the international market. These guys can reduce production to 1m barrel per day and cripple the economy.

the said amount is even a stipend compared to what those Abuja politicians give to their girlfriends weekly.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Protest Over Unpaid Stipends By President Buhari's Govt. by Hotsparkles(m): 8:30am On Dec 24, 2015
Maybe PMB is working on a plan that will be of a greater benefit to them

(1) (Reply)

FG To Reduce Petrol Pump Price To N85 Per Litre From Jan 1 / Ayo Fayose Slams Lai Mohammed: "Explain Recent Boko Haram Attacks" / Nigerians Do Not Know The Meaning Of "Jump Bail"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.