Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,465 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog (4076 Views)

How Do You Manage/eliminate Tick On Your Dogs / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / Fast Solution To Ticks, Fleas And Lice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog by stonecoldcafe: 9:38am On Dec 24, 2015
Please I need help with an effective tick/lice removal treatment thingy. I just returned home for xmas and observed a particular dog is infected with ticks - loads. The other is not.

I hear the infected dog runs to the dustbin area a lot. The compound is fenced so they don't wander out at all. They bath them every week so I'm not sure how he got them. I've used the attached oil but I don't know if I can get something stronger.
Re: Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog by stonecoldcafe: 9:41am On Dec 24, 2015
Abi is this one okay?

Re: Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog by BrownChima212(m): 9:55am On Dec 24, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
Abi is this one okay?
Whats your location?
Pls see a vet, your dog would need a chemical bath
Re: Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog by stonecoldcafe: 10:01am On Dec 24, 2015
BrownChima212:
Whats your location? Pls see a vet, your dog would need a chemical bath
Okay thanks; any idea how much dis costs?
Re: Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog by mitchyy(f): 2:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
I used front line spray for my dog when it had ticks, tho they were not much

1 Like

Re: Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog by stonecoldcafe: 11:23am On Dec 26, 2015
The other time, I came here and complained about our dogs at home. After then, I using the oil I showed, I decided to research on home remedies for tick and I came up with the under listed:

https://analilscorner./2013/08/09/flea-and-tick-remedies-for-dogs-part-2/

and

m.petmd.com/dog/wellness/evr_multi_flea_control

The first link was most helpful. I didn't have most oils needed but what we have in good supply was orange. So in addition to the oil, I have used the orange treatment and also orange bath. I also tried the bicarbonate of soda and salt mixture (I used as a thick paste) and applied to the affected areas.

I am pleased to report visible results in just a few days. The ticks dry up and fall off like flakes. Of the 3 treatments, I can't tell which was the most effective. For now, I've slowed it down abit to just orange treatments and orange/lemon bath. I hope this helps someone. Cheers
Re: Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog by xreal: 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
The other time, I came here and complained about our dogs at home. After then, I using the oil I showed, I decided to research on home remedies for tick and I came up with the under listed:

https://analilscorner./2013/08/09/flea-and-tick-remedies-for-dogs-part-2/
and

m.petmd.com/dog/wellness/evr_multi_flea_control

The first link was most helpful. I didn't have most oils needed but what we have in good supply was orange. So in addition to the oil, I have used the orange treatment and also orange bath. I also tried the bicarbonate of soda and salt mixture (I used as a thick paste) and applied to the affected areas.

I am pleased to report visible results in just a few days. The ticks dry up and fall off like flakes. Of the 3 treatments, I can't tell which was the most effective. For now, I've slowed it down abit to just orange treatments and orange/lemon bath. I hope this helps someone. Cheers

thanks for sharing this.
you really have a good intention/love for your pet(s), your research shows it. grin

*thumbs up*
Re: Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog by bayulala94(m): 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
Go to any pet store and get gadol dat will help tested and trusted but you still need a vet to treat your dog because of tick fever

1 Like

Re: Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog by stonecoldcafe: 8:27pm On Dec 26, 2015
bayulala94:
Go to any pet store and get gadol dat will help tested and trusted but you still need a vet to treat your dog because of tick fever

Thanks
Re: Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog by arcbay(m): 8:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
Whatever treatment u settle for, make sure ur dogs don't lick atall...Give them little palm oil after the chemical bath, reduces the potency of poison, just in case they lick the chemical accidentally.

You can try amiraz or amitrax too, mild on dogs, tough on ticks...

2 Likes

Re: Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog by stonecoldcafe: 10:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
arcbay:
Whatever treatment u settle for, make sure ur dogs don't lick atall...Give them little palm oil after the chemical bath, reduces the potency of poison, just in case they lick the chemical accidentally.

You can try amiraz or amitrax too, mild on dogs, tough on ticks...

Nice one boss
Re: Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog by wunmi590(m): 11:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
Abi is this one okay?

@OP, what you have in that picture is also good, but treating your pet from thick/lice goes beyond just spraying it on their body.

Most of the time when you spray on their body and and ear you think you have done a good job but no.

I got to discover this when I was treating zara of thick, I discovered that under their legs and hand, some thicks are always there hiding, which also gives multiply when not quickly noticed.

Find a day or two to sit with your dog, I used closed to a week on zara, to pick every thick on her body with my bear hands, after then I now bath her dry her under a very hot sun.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog by BrownChima212(m): 1:32am On Dec 28, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Okay thanks; any idea how much dis costs?
Depending on your location 3 to 5k averagely

(1) (Reply)

Please What Breed Of Dog Is This? / Top Adult male doberman for sale (purebreed) / Purebred Boerboels For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.