Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation (18807 Views)

Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages / Onitsha Killings: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation / Breaking News: Biafra IPOB Drags Buhari/nigeria To International Criminal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by LaurelP(m): 11:01am On Dec 24, 2015
Onitsha killings: IPOB drags FG to court

INDIGENOUSPeople of Biafra (IPOB) has slammed an N8.9 billion suit against the Federal Government for alleged killing of their members at separate incidences in Onit­sha, Anambra State.
Also, the group has signalled intent to drag the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) and the IGP to the International Criminal Court (ICC) on charges of crimes against human­ity.IPOB, in an application filed on behalf of deceased and injured members by the King­dom Human Rights Foundation in a suite no: FHC/ABJ/CS/1035/2015 is demanding N8.5 billion as damages over the alleged killing and maiming of pro-Biafra protesters.

Joined as respondents in thesuit are the President; Attorney General of the Federa­tion; National Assembly; the COAS, Inspec­tor General of Police; Commissioners of Police, Imo, Anambra, Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi, Delta, Bayelsa and Rivers State Police Com­mand; Commandant General of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps; and the Director General of the Department ofState Security (DSS) .
The human rights group, through their lawyer, broughtthe application on behalf of IPOB and families of victims of various shootings by security agencies on October20 and December 2, in parts of the South East and South South.

In the application, they sought a decla­ration of the court condemning as crime against humanity, the unlawful, cruel, inhu­man, brutal and wicked killing (shooting) of unarmed, non-violent and peaceful protesters who are exercising their right to peaceful as­sembly, freedom of association, and right to self-determination as guaranteed in Section 39 and40 of the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria and Articles I, IV, XIX and XX of the African Charter on Human Rights (Ratification and Enforce­ment) Act, by the combined team of the Nigerian Army, Nigerian Police Force and other security agencies.They further demanded in the application: “An order of the court awarding N100,000,000 to each of those who sustained gunshot inju­ries and were grievously injured by a combined team of the Nigerian Army, the Nigerian Police and other security agencies on October 20 and December 2015 at Onitsha, Anam­bra State, and in Owerri, Imo State; Ebonyi, Bayelsa, Rivers and Delta State respectively.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/onitsha-killings-ipob-drags-fg-to-court-demands-n8-5bn-compensation/

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by dunkem21(m): 11:02am On Dec 24, 2015
lipsrsealed Rule 9 lipsrsealed
Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by Akkord4gov: 11:03am On Dec 24, 2015
IPOD reminds me of Baba sala and Baba suwe comedy

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by fromnigeria(m): 11:16am On Dec 24, 2015
shocked

"All i want is justice" -- Peter Tosh

alongside peace.

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by LaurelP(m): 11:25am On Dec 24, 2015
Lalasticlala
Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 24, 2015
Buhahahahahahahahahahahaha. This ipob are jokers. Asking for compensation from the zoo,asking 4 d legal tender of the zoo. Lol
Is it in naira,pounds,dollars,yen,etc. Which 1

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by mickeyenglish(m): 11:33am On Dec 24, 2015
Post No Bill...
Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by APCcrimes: 11:36am On Dec 24, 2015
They must pay

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 24, 2015
FG should settle out of court and pay them in Biafran currency.
That is a lot of well minted toilet paper to go around.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by Kangol99(m): 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by olufemimajek: 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
Lol.. ogogoro na bad tin... mk den go meet Dasuki

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
Joseph the dreamer.
Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by Kelklein(m): 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
[size=20pt] "Some see a hopeless end, others see an endless hope"
- E.B. Norton
[/size]

#NooneStopsARisingSun

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
Y dem no kuku make am 9billion, abi d remaining 500million na tax?

19 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by criminalmindz: 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
Buhari doesn't obey court order or rulling, so waste of resources. DICttATOR Buhari, nigeria military president

8 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by fr3do(m): 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
the lives of those killed will not be in vain.

Biafra will be actualized.

14 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by RedCapChief(m): 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
Of course, they will not win the case. But it is the symbolism that is important. Getting guys to carry IPOB flags into football matches was also good symbolism. A lawsuit is a good but weak first step. I hope they have good lawyers to drag the case on some merit.

What IPOB lacks is proper guidance on how to get the FG to listen to them. Clearly, Buhari will not listen to protests so they need to try some other stuff.

Maybe, next time Bubu visits any country, they can have our embassy there pelted with over-ripe tomatoes. That would be a good symbol. grin

8 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by fajani(m): 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ipob fools

8 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
lift it and stop DRAGging your feet or else I will slap the living daylight out of you!

1 Like

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by Fanirandele: 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
all these people want is money and its paining them that Buhari hasn't offered anything grin

26 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by missKiffy(f): 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
Hehehehe cheesy I laugh in 3D, bunch of jokers undecided

8 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by PrinceAkbabio(m): 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
I wonder who will pay for the mosque DAT was burnt, who will pay for d trucks DAT was burnt, who will pay for other properties DAT was destroyed.
I'm watching d drama on my 3D screen...

10 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by WisdomTank: 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
Outright waste of time, resources and energy. To me, this legal action is baseless and uncalled for.

Check out my signature for your POP ceiling, Wall Screeding and Pillar design.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by dhardline(m): 12:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
Nice one...This is the best way. ICC will have more reasons to take action when the time is right.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by 20bc(m): 12:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by jeffizy(m): 12:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
100m for the injured?

You guys raise issues but end up backing it up with foolish contents.

No one will ever take you serious with such primary school way of thinking.

So, it's no more about KANU.
All these kponmo men sef.

15 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by flamingREED(m): 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
I can tell that the ninth rule has been relaxed.

It's good for democracy
Re: IPOB Drags FG To Court, Demands N8.5bn Compensation by SmartMugu: 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
Reminds me of Ibos and dowry. As if the money will get to the deceased families even if the case is won.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal - LP / President Buhari Trending On Twitter Over His Vacation / Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.