Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,849 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) (1033 Views)

Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Benue Flood Victims / Iara Oshiomole Donates Relief Materials To IDP In Edo (photos) / Zahra Buhari Donates Charity Gifts From UK School To Children In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by JAZES(m): 7:51am On Dec 25, 2015
Wife of the president, Hajiya Aishat Buhari, December 23, visited Maiduguri, Borno State and
donated relief materials to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) at the Dalori IDP camp.
While making the donation, Mrs Buhari urged philanthropists to assist displaced persons to enable them return to their original homes.
She also inaugurated a committee responsible for the distribution of relief items.
The committee is headed by the wife of Borno State governor, Hajiya Nana Kashim Shettima.
Noting that Nigeria is winning the war against terrorism, she called for prayers from all imams and pastors.
She said the federal government would certainly help in rebuilding all the destroyed towns and villages in the state.
http://www.onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2015/12/25/photos-aisha-buhari-donates-relief-materials-to-idps-in-borno-state-inaugurates-a-committee/

CC: lalasticlala,ishilove

Re: Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by Topestbilly(m): 7:54am On Dec 25, 2015
Noted.
Re: Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by sirthisthickkal: 8:36am On Dec 25, 2015
undecided
Re: Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by sirthisthickkal: 8:37am On Dec 25, 2015
mrs bubu pls keep this philanthropic spirit burning, am sure mother theresa will be smililng from her grave. The only genuine happiness you can get is when you give a bit of your surplus to the poor. It goes a long long way.

Meanwhile, Why is all the thread scanty, abi burutai don register for nairaland?
cheesy
Re: Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by JAZES(m): 11:40am On Dec 25, 2015
sirthisthickkal:
mrs bubu pls keep this philanthropic spirit burning, am sure mother theresa will be smililng from her grave. The only genuine happiness you can get is when you give a bit of your surplus to the poor. It goes a long long way.

Meanwhile, Why is all the thread scanty, abi burutai don register for nairaland?
cheesy

Gbam
Re: Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by ifyan(m): 11:48am On Dec 25, 2015
A question l want to ask? Why is it that whenever most people want to do philanthropist work., why will they advertise it.

I thought the BIBLE said whenever you are giving somebody something with the Right hand don't let the Left hand see it.

Give me a reply

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 25, 2015
ifyan:
A question l want to ask? Why is it that whenever most people want to do philanthropist work., why will they advertise it.

I thought the BIBLE said whenever you are giving somebody something with the Right hand don't let the Left hand see it.

Give me a reply
Not everyone cares about your Bible.
Re: Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by ifyan(m): 11:52am On Dec 25, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Not everyone cares about your Bible.

Even though but let be sincere with ourselves.

What they are doing now is not from their heart but just to gain public sympathy or publicity stunt

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by Ijaya123: 11:54am On Dec 25, 2015
Comendable.
Re: Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by sirthisthickkal: 12:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
ifyan:

Even though but let be sincere with ourselves.

What they are doing now is not from their heart but just to gain public sympathy or publicity stunt
wrong! Not all, naturally some have a soft spot for the destitute probably because they experienced such upbringing or either they are cheerful givers by nature. As for the rest they force themselves into charity organizations just to tag along with other well meaning philanthropist. Or like you rightly mention to gain public sympathy or for publicity stunt. undecided
Re: Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by ifyan(m): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2015
sirthisthickkal:

wrong! Not all, naturally some have a soft spot for the destitute probably because they experienced such upbringing or either they are cheerful givers by nature. As for the rest they force themselves into charity organizations just to tag along with other well meaning philanthropist. Or like you rightly mention to gain public sympathy or for publicity stunt. undecided

But ask yourself this question?

Before she gain public post, was she doing this before.
Re: Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by sirthisthickkal: 3:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
ifyan:

But ask yourself this question?

Before she gain public post, was she doing this before.
[b] probably yes or maybe no, i can't say. The only way to find out is to examine her motive behind this outward display.
1.Could it be to gain popularity or to get noticed?
If it is to gain popularity i diasgree, because she had already attain a high level of fame immediately her husband became presido.
2.Or could it be as a result of the virture of her office probably being the wife of the president?
Its likely Possible because when you become a high public office holder people will expect much or more from you.
3.Or could it be out of pity or sympathy for the idp's?
Of course, we are all humans.

The problem is that the media tends to pay much attention to celebs because they see every activity of a celebrity as newsworthy. If i donate #500,000 to the orphanage nobody would give a damn because the name sirthisthickkal does not ring a bell but if it were to be a news of Wizkid sleeping on the floor of an airplane, every social media would be blazing.
So as a result, celebs have taken advantage of this medium in displaying there philanthropical nature to the public whether their motive are pure or diluted.

Abeg where my chicken lap? [/b] undecided
Re: Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
This is Good
Re: Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by ifyan(m): 11:45am On Dec 26, 2015
sirthisthickkal:

[b] probably yes or maybe no, i can't say. The only way to find out is to examine her motive behind this outward display.
If it is to gain popularity i diasgree, because she had already attain a high level of fame immediately her husband became presido.
2.Or could it be as a result of the virture of her office probably being the wife of the president?
Its likely Possible because when you become a high public office holder people will expect much or more from you.

The problem is that the media tends to pay much attention to celebs because they see every activity of a celebrity as newsworthy. If i donate #500,000 to the orphanage nobody would give a damn because the name sirthisthickkal does not ring a bell but if it were to be a news of Wizkid sleeping on the floor of an airplane, every social media would be blazing.
So as a result, celebs have taken advantage of this medium in displaying there philanthropical nature to the public whether their motive are pure or diluted.

Let watch and see when she leaves the post
Re: Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Idps In Borno State (photos) by ifyan(m): 11:45am On Dec 26, 2015
sirthisthickkal:

Let watch and see when she leaves the post

As for the chicken lap,l go blue tooth am

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Should Stop Defending Jonathan / 21 People Benefited From Dasukigate, Reveals Lai Mohammed. / Reminder: How El Rufai Inuslted The Office Of The President Few Years Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.