Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians (3482 Views)

Igbo Youths Launch Anti-biafra Movement, Slam Nnamdi Kanu / IPOB May Banish Igbokwe From Igboland Over Anti-biafra Comment / U.k- Biafra: Nigerians Clash With Biafrans In London Brawl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by fx45(m): 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
Two secessionist states, Catalunya and Basque will be involved in international friendly football games for their men and women tomorrow, saturday December 26th 2015. These are two different nations fighting for separation from the Spanish state. No rancour, no envy, no bitterness.

Now my question is... Why does the issue of Biafra generate so much hatred, bitterness and wickedness in Nigeria? Why do certain people feel threatened whenever Biafra is mentioned? Why do Nigerians wish death on harmless and peaceful pro-Biafran protesters? Why can't we learn from these Spaniards? Why is there so much hate in Nigeria?

Please mature contributions only. If you don't have anything reasonable to say, just read and pass.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by ojun50(m): 10:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
Oya come nd read nd pass
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 25, 2015
yorubas don't want BIAFRA because igbos gave millions of Yoruba youths job (owo da)
and their politificians don't want BIAFRA because IGBOs business men and women have carried their Borden so their politificians can still their allocation every month
do you want millions of their youths to be jobless if Biafra is achieved

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by LoveMachine(m): 12:06am On Dec 26, 2015
Have you heard the offensive radio broadcasts? How could there not be animosity? Hate begets more hate. Both sides are wrong but it's gonna take some love to make everything better.

4 Likes

Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by ademusiwa1e: 2:00am On Dec 26, 2015
The country of the kingdom of western Nigeria is not a seceding country. Biafra is a seceding country.

The federal republic of Nigeria recorqized the country of the kingdom of western Nigeria .. As a country. Problem is ,some of the government of Nigeria .. Even while they knew the truth , did not. Example was good luck Jonathan government, who knew the truth but live in denial, using 6 zones.. The same goes for Obasanjo

I can show old picture of the country of western Nigeria and other countries playing. Even Ghana.
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by obailala(m): 2:44am On Dec 26, 2015
fx45:
Two secessionist states, Catalunya and Basque will be involved in international friendly football games for their men and women tomorrow, saturday December 26th 2015. These are two different nations fighting for separation from the Spanish state. No rancour, no envy, no bitterness.

Now my question is... Why does the issue of Biafra generate so much hatred, bitterness and wickedness in Nigeria? Why do certain people feel threatened whenever Biafra is mentioned? Why do Nigerians wish death on harmless and peaceful pro-Biafran protesters? Why can't we learn from these Spaniards? Why is there so much hate in Nigeria?

Please mature contributions only. If you don't have anything reasonable to say, just read and pass.
It's funny how these largely young Biafran separatists have failed to educate themselves and always point to Spanish separatists and Scotland as perfect examples of nations separating without conflict. Just for your information, Nnamdi kanu was actually right when he said no nation separates peacefully. Scotland has been fighting for independence for centuries and it hasnt always been peaceful. Similarly, the Basque group in Spain has been fighting for independence for ages and their struggle has not been a peaceful one. The Basque separatists at some point were even involved in bombing airports and mass killings. No nation sits back and watches its territory being balkanised, not even an Igbo president will sit back and watch part of Nigerian territory being carted away by one group called ipob or massob.

So the big question is, are these young boisterous and naive separatists ready to sacrifice their lives, the lives of family members and their livelihoods over the election loss of an Ijaw man?... (because no matter how we look at it, the recent escalation of agitations were triggered after the elections). Unlike the 60's when the entire Igbo race was united in this cause, how many comfortable, truly educated and truly enlightened Igbos do you think are actually interested in this crazy road to perdition?... I for one am not interested in it for simple reasons.

Now regarding your question about why there is so much hate for the biafran separatist, the answer to that is very simple and it stares you in the face even though you have obviously refused to see it. Does statement, "the zoo must fall" ring a bell?... That statement doesnt exactly sound like an expression of love or respect does it?.... have you ever spent 5 minutes listening to the cringe inducing hate speeches churned out by mr kanu and spread by his followers on facebook et al?... and with those diabolic hate messages, you expect the subject and object of this hate to reciprocate with love?...

I would close this epistle with a popular Igbo proverb by the great Chinua Achebe:- "the man who brings home ant infested firewood should not complain when lizards start to visit"

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by Duru1(m): 2:45am On Dec 26, 2015
fx45:

The groups playing soccer with each other are human beings while the groups clamoring to kill any agitator for Biafran cause are none human beings with intellect below that of animal.

1 Like

Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by Duru1(m): 2:49am On Dec 26, 2015
obailala:
It's funny how these largely young Biafran separatists have failed to educate themselves and always point to Spanish separatists and Scotland as perfect examples of nations separating without conflict. Just for your information, Nnamdi kanu was actually right when he said no nation separates peacefully. Scotland has been fighting for independence for centuries and it hasnt always been peaceful. Similarly, the Basque group in Spain has been fighting for independence for ages and their struggle has not been a peaceful one. The Basque separatists at some point were even involved in bombing airports and mass killings. No nation sits back and watches its territory being balkanised, not even an Igbo president will sit back and watch part of Nigerian territory being carted away by one group called ipob or massob.

So the big question is, are these young boisterous and naive separatists ready to sacrifice their lives, the lives of family members and their livelihoods over the election loss of an Ijaw man?... (because no matter how we look at it, the recent escalation of agitations were triggered after the elections). Unlike the 60's when the entire Igbo race was united in this cause, how many comfortable, truly educated and truly enlightened Igbos do you think are actually interested in this crazy road to perdition?... I for one am not interested in it for simple reasons.

Per the bolded, USSR and Czechoslovakia countries which readily come to mind that separated into countries with no shot fired in anger.

2 Likes

Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by obailala(m): 3:01am On Dec 26, 2015
Duru1:

Per the bolded, USSR and Czechoslovakia countries which readily come to mind that separated into countries with a shot fired in anger.
Do you agree with me that the current war in Crimea is still an offshoot of that separation?
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by Duru1(m): 3:12am On Dec 26, 2015
obailala:
Do you agree with me that the current war in Crimea is still an offshoot of that separation?

There is no war in Crimea. However there is one in Ukraine which cannot be attributed to the disintegration of USSR. If that should be case, there could have been wars all over eastern Europe which might have triggered world war. The east Ukraine saga is closely related to what could have been obtained in Nigeria where ethnic Russians in Donetsk want to join their brothers in Russia or formed independent nation but fools in Ukraine tend oppose to it.
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by obailala(m): 3:21am On Dec 26, 2015
Duru1:

There is no war in Crimea. However there is one in Ukraine which cannot be attributed to the disintegration of USSR. If that should be case, there could have been wars all over eastern Europe which might have triggered world war. The east Ukraine saga is closely related to what could have been obtained in Nigeria where ethnic Russians in Donetsk want to join their brothers in Russia or formed independent nation but fools in Ukraine tend oppose to it.
I only cited that conflict because it is still one of the issues birthed by the balkanization of USSR; something which the soviets are obviously still not happy about till date. The truth is that no country in this world will allow a part of it's territory ceded away without putting up some formidable opposition which more often than not usually degenerates into a violent conflict.

1 Like

Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by LordMecuzy(m): 3:25am On Dec 26, 2015
obailala:

Now regarding your question about why there is so much hate for the biafran separatist, the answer to that is very simple and it stares you in the face even though you have obviously refused to see it. Does statement, "the zoo must fall" ring a bell?... That statement doesnt exactly sound like an expression of love or respect does it?.... have you ever spent 5 minutes listening to the cringe inducing hate speeches churned out by mr kanu and spread by his followers on facebook et al?... and with those diabolic hate messages, you expect the subject and object of this hate to reciprocate with love?...

I would close this epistle with a popular Igbo proverb by the great Chinua Achebe:- "the man who brings home ant infested firewood should not complain when lizards start to visit"

Nice Post b

2 Likes

Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by odohpapi2: 4:03am On Dec 26, 2015
Nairaland na ur papa own why I no go read n pass,well u for post am for ur mama wall even ur broda no go read ur mumness pass with seeking for ur cleansing from anjenu......keep comparing ur country with people whose life has come way ahead,remember there crawl like before there were walking upright. #LifeIsInStage golden writter
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by fr3do(m): 4:40am On Dec 26, 2015
the way Africa was partitioned in the Berlin conference can be likened to fast cooling hot steel!
there is so much pressure in Africa because thr constituent ethnic groups did not naturally ally with themselves.

in another world I would subcribe a total desolution of countries in Africa giving room to ethnic group(s) to form their country.
But in this world, we are getting Biafra.
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by Omololu007(m): 5:09am On Dec 26, 2015
fx45:

so are you trying to tell me nnamdi kanu is not using hate words on yorubas and northerners? I support ibos getting their biafra,and it will be made up of the 5 south eastern state

1 Like

Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by flamingREED(m): 5:38am On Dec 26, 2015
obailala:

How enlightened were the myriad minds and tactics that removed Jonathan from office, or that massively voted against him?

He that appeals to commonsense must do so with a clear conscience and clean hands.

How awful stands Kanu's passive hate in the scale of discreet judgement?
Have not Nigerian judges dismissed them as inconsequential?
So, what manner of straw are you blindly grasping thereafter?

But how informed is the FG's decision to detain him still?
I'll opine barbaric rather.

And what is the ratio of the truly educated/enlightened to the *illiterates among the South-Easterners?
Lets say 1:9.

Their numerical strength/voice is too small to derail the Biafran cause going by the above statistics, my man.
Moreso, referendum would largely be an issue of numbers than it would be an issue of reason,
Although I don't see any reason Biafra is an unreasonable quest.

However, may I let you know that both the truly educated and half-educated/enlightened have bought the idea well.

I knew that from my private interactions.

To us, life is sacred; and being mainly Christians, a man's life is of more value than unity and wealth of many nations.

So long as the unity of Nigeria is hinged on occasional/marginal shedding of the blood of the innocent southerners,
It's impossible for that unity to be perceived as healthful and logical by any truly enlightened/educated minds.

Finally, secession is no transgression.

Why?
Abraham seceded from Lot, and it didn't make any of them ungodly.
Some Israelites seceded from the promised land and dwelled beyond Jordan because it favoured their occupation.
Etc

Remember that God told the Israelites to govern themselves and not to make strangers their kings no matter what - Deaut. 17: 14, 15.
A people of distinct culture, values, beliefs and brotherhood have the right to be ruled by their own in a nation of their own.

I think I too am enlightened.
I cannot say 'no' to the Biafran cause.

This is my opinion and persuasion

8 Likes

Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by fx45(m): 5:46am On Dec 26, 2015
obailala:

Hate begets hate... You're right. Now would you care to tell the world what could have caused Nnamdi Kanu's supposed 'hate speeches'? Would you be honest enough to admit that the Igbo nation has suffered institutionalized hate in the entity called Nigeria since independence? How do you blame Nnamdi Kanu for harvesting hate that the Nigerian state planted against Biafrans?

Until we start telling ourselves the truth of our reality in Nigeria, the agitations for Biafra would continue. True nationhood is borne out of a mutually shared value system, beliefs, culture, vision, purpose and a communally driven destiny. Would you look at the Nigerian arrangement and be bold enough to say there is true nationhood?

5 Likes

Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by Mcleo007(m): 6:51am On Dec 26, 2015
fx45:
Hate begets hate... You're right. Now would you care to tell the world what could have caused Nnamdi Kanu's supposed 'hate speeches'? Would you be honest enough to admit that the Igbo nation has suffered institutionalized hate in the entity called Nigeria since independence? How do you blame Nnamdi Kanu for harvesting hate that the Nigerian state planted against Biafrans?

Until we start telling ourselves the truth of our reality in Nigeria, the agitations for Biafra would continue. True nationhood is borne out of a mutually shared value system, beliefs, culture, vision, purpose and a communally driven destiny. Would you look at the Nigerian arrangement and be bold enough to say there is true nationhood?

This hate doctrine as depicted in your post is the sad reality greeting young igbos of our time. The "us against the world" mentality as propagated by the progenitors towards other Nigerians. It's a shame really, that despite our many years of mingling and integrating, we still haven't moved beyond our tribal divides.

I've always said this; Nigeria is not the problem, but we Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by maestroferddi: 8:31am On Dec 26, 2015
obailala:
Whilst I might allow your largely narrow-minded and opinionated views to slide, I take exceptions to your deliberate attempt to misinform.

I expected you to heed the writer's advice to refrain from making unnecessary contributions but you obviously chose to go off at a tangent for the ultimate love of hearing the sound of your own voice...

2 Likes

Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by maestroferddi: 8:47am On Dec 26, 2015
Mcleo007:

This hate doctrine as depicted in your post is the sad reality greeting young igbos of our time. The "us against the world" mentality as propagated by the progenitors towards other Nigerians. It's a shame really, that despite our many years of mingling and integrating, we still haven't moved beyond our tribal divides.

I've always said this; Nigeria is not the problem, but we Nigerians.
A very infantile attempt at sounding politically correct...
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by Mcleo007(m): 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
maestroferddi:
A very infantile attempt at sounding politically correct...
Your

opinion, mate.
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by texazzpete(m): 6:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
fx45:

This makes no sense
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by fx45(m): 7:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
texazzpete:
This makes no sense
You don't have sense... That's why it wouldn't make sense to you.
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by DerideGull(m): 7:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
obailala:
I only cited that conflict because it is still one of the issues birthed by the balkanization of USSR; something which the soviets are obviously still not happy about till date. The truth is that no country in this world will allow a part of it's territory ceded away without putting up some formidable opposition which more often than not usually degenerates into a violent conflict.

The bolded is a nonsensical fallacy from the land of insane. Czechs and Slovakia are once a country before it disintegrated and no shot was fired in anger. Any place there is any form of separatist movement, there is marked and know territory to those demanding to secede. Nigeria like Czechoslovakia can disintegrate into Biafra, Arewa, Oodua etc. The territories do not belong to Nigeria but to inhabitants the formed Nigeria collectively. This is the reason there are ethnicity and state of origin in Nigerian political lexicon.
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by obailala(m): 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2015
DerideGull:

The bolded is a nonsensical fallacy from the land of insane. Czechs and Slovakia are once a country before it disintegrated and no shot was fired in anger. Any place there is any form of separatist movement, there is marked and know territory to those demanding to secede. Nigeria like Czechoslovakia can disintegrate into Biafra, Arewa, Oodua etc. The territories do not belong to Nigeria but to inhabitants the formed Nigeria collectively. This is the reason there are ethnicity and state of origin in Nigerian political lexicon.
And you think there was no formiddable opposition against the balkanization? .... The only reason there wouldnt be a shot fired is if very powerful nations are backing the breakaway state and if they intimidate the mother nation to let the separatists go. . The big question is, who are the international allies of IPOB? ... Mazi Kanu has been deceiving jobless gullible Igbo youths that he has secured international allies, but when he was asked by Igbos in the US who these international allies are, he went deaf and dumb.
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by texazzpete(m): 9:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
fx45:
You don't have sense... That's why it wouldn't make sense to you.

I mean, why should there be any envy and bitterness between two separatists regions with similar goals? Why is this being posted as an analogy for the Nigerian context?

That, in a nutshell, is why this makes no sense.

If the IPOB guys were peaceful individuals with logical motives, I doubt anyone would greet their agitation with derision. But for the following reasons

1) preaching violence and anarchy via radio biafra
2) insisting on roping in the emphatically unwilling South south in their Biafra, despite being told firmly to stop doing that.
3) claiming marginalization and persecution when those do not exist in most areas of Nigeria
4) casually throwing out threats of war, war that older and wiser heads know is a terrible thing

A whole lot of Nigerians look with disdain on the poorly educated louts that make up the bulk of the IPOB rank and file.
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by Vulu: 10:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
texazzpete:

I mean, why should there be any envy and bitterness between two separatists regions with similar goals? Why is this being posted as an analogy for the Nigerian context?

That, in a nutshell, is why this makes no sense.

If the IPOB guys were peaceful individuals with logical motives, I doubt anyone would greet their agitation with derision. But for the following reasons

1) preaching violence and anarchy via radio biafra
2) insisting on roping in the emphatically unwilling South south in their Biafra, despite being told firmly to stop doing that.
3) claiming marginalization and persecution when those do not exist in most areas of Nigeria
4) casually throwing out threats of war, war that older and wiser heads know is a terrible thing

A whole lot of Nigerians look with disdain on the poorly educated louts that make up the bulk of the IPOB rank and file.

I THINK YOU ARE LYING TO YOURSELF. YOU GREETED UWAZURIKE'S NONVIOLENCE WITH THE ANIHILATION OF MORE THAN 1000 MASSOB MEMBERS. EZU RIVER IS STILL FRESH IN OUR MINDS. THE VIOLENT APROACH AGAINST NONVIOLENT MASSOB BIRTHED IPOB. KANU WAS A FORMER MASSOBIAN WHO WATCH HIS COMRADE DIE IN A NON-VIOLENT STRUGGLE.
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by Brooklynsouth(f): 11:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
obailala:

And you think there was no formiddable opposition against the balkanization? .... The only reason there wouldnt be a shot fired is if very powerful nations are backing the breakaway state and if they intimidate the mother nation to let the separatists go. . The big question is, who are the international allies of IPOB? ... Mazi Kanu has been deceiving jobless gullible Igbo youths that he has secured international allies, but when he was asked by Igbos in the US who these international allies are, he went deaf and dumb.
so u expect him to name his back ups you are dreaming so u don't know that there are many countries waiting nigeria's disintegration I can help u with 3 south africa ,Ghana and botswana
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by obailala(m): 12:12am On Dec 28, 2015
Brooklynsouth:
so u expect him to name his back ups you are dreaming so u don't know that there are many countries waiting nigeria's disintegration I can help u with 3 south africa ,Ghana and botswana
South africa, ghana and botswana grin grin grin
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by DerideGull(m): 12:34am On Dec 28, 2015
obailala:

Please tell who intimidated USSR and on behalf of who? In addition, tell us who intimated Czechoslovakia and on behalf of who? Most Nigerians tend to dwell on silly sentiments and baseless innuendos. Per the bolded, you now realized that Nnamdi Kanu is not a silly dunce. If he had said a word on the question you have wanted him answered, you and DSS would have been happy on the idiotic charge of treason leveled against Nnamdi Kanu. There are certain deals not meant for public consumption.
Re: International Friendly - Catalunya vs Basque: Lessons For Anti-Biafra Nigerians by fistonati(m): 1:18am On Dec 28, 2015
Nigerian government must watch that match and see what liberation means

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Truth Behind The Latest APC Propaganda On Nnamdi Kanu Begging Buhari / APC Trying To Delete All Their Lies On Twitter (pics) / Tomato Paste Factories In China Shut Down Due To Buhari Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.