Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,761 members, 7,837,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

No To Getting A Car Because Am Single - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No To Getting A Car Because Am Single (44513 Views)

Getting A Divorce In A Court Registry Marriage.Lawyers' advice needed. / Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant / Getting A Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by ademusiwa1e: 11:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
Buying a car..? 18 yea old buys cars abroad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 26, 2015
bukatyne:

Man-hate is the word you need.

I see the definition of feminism and identified with it. Man-hate? count me out.

But again, some people talk without in-depth thought. I know someone who has achieved so much and is feared/respected company wide yet she 'believes' men are superior to women.

Yet, when she is giving assignments, she expects same results lipsrsealed

taken.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Tolatutu: 11:53pm On Dec 26, 2015
Wow Nigeria is backwards sha, so they want you as a woman to be suffering with public transport while you can afford a car? If one of theses days you enter one chance bus nko, God forbid. All these years you didn't have a car you didn't get a Mr. Right showing that it's not about car. Any man who will be intimidated about you having a car will still be intimidated about you owning lands and such. That means for the rest of your life with such a man you will always have to live under the standard that you can actually afford just so he won't feel intimidated. Is that the type of life you want?

If you don't buy the car now and you marry then later it will become you can't buy a bigger car than your husband you can't own more lands than your husband and so on . For the rest of your life you won't be able to live to your full potential, this is why many women never get to their full potential in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by arnold123: 11:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Good day fam,

I really need your advice on something.

I am a lady in my late twenties and I work with a multinational company here in Lagos.
This is my third year on the job and I know I need a car now.

Now here's the issue; my siblings think that getting a car is a bad idea. Why? Cos am single.

My beloved brother said it would push men away from me shocked

Please does this not sound myopic? I really don't get it.

House how do you see this cos I feel down right now. sad

buy a car, but don't be pompous be gentle, sweet, loving and kind, believe me it won't hinder u in anyway whatsoever my sister has cars but it didn't chase men away from her, don't listen to those telling u not to but they are just being naive and unhelpful simply cos dey don't have aa car as a man so dey won't want u to buy ! Good luck dear, I wish u well

2 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Analysiscorner: 12:01am On Dec 27, 2015
HIDDENSECRECY:

Is unfortunate how inconsiderate the opinions of people are as seen in lots of bias comments from people. None of those kicking against your decision to buy a car put into consideration your personal well-being, emotional, psychological and physical stress of going to work everyday. Life is too short girl, your happiness is paramount and more important than the feeling & opinions of people.

Beauty attracts a man but character keeps him!!!

Hey Girl!!! Go for your car baby and make life comfortable for yourself. You work hard to make your money, you need not stress yourself too to spend your money.

"Don't listen to what people are thinking about you, because they are thinking it anyhow". Les Brown
Com' on, she requested for people's opinion

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by InvertedHammer: 12:48am On Dec 27, 2015
/
Go ahead and buy a car. But it has to be a simple car.

Else....

Best case scenario: You alleviate your suffering

Worst case scenario: You attract gold-diggers and chewing gum guys.

To create a balance, be ready to alternate between using your car and taking public transportation else you will "enter demurrage "(a.K.a 35 & single). If you ball too hard (in Nigeria, it means owning a car), you may scare potential honest suitors away. It is a reality check. It is the same reason that single ladies with Ph.Ds find it difficult to find suitors in Nigeria.

Nigeria is a peculiar place.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 12:48am On Dec 27, 2015
omotohdarajugbogbolo:

Appreciate
he's right but the reality is guys are unemployed and easier to chat with you in public transport.but hey you can risk it. such is life. but you reduce your chances of meeting a guy.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 12:49am On Dec 27, 2015
oglalasioux:

Get the car. Remain humble and polite. Pray for God's favour and guidance. The car can never prevent the man of your dreams to come to you.
so what happen to that posters 44 yr old aunty wey never marry.

omotohdarajugbogbolo
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 12:50am On Dec 27, 2015
DWJOBScom:
Go ahead and buy a good car

It shows a hard-working and responsible lady
It also shows you have a healthy saving culture.
A pretty lady with a car shows class and men with inferiority will keep off.

Please buy your car o and make sure it's a good one
most cars are liabilities
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 12:51am On Dec 27, 2015
coolhamid:
In late twenties? You ought to have a man already..I mean a fiance.

As per the topic, those that would stay will definitely stay and those with little or no self esteem will run away..

Why will a lady with car be hard to approach ?
cos it's easier to chase and get number from Walker than from driver. unless you're the flash

omotohdarajugbogbolo :
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 12:55am On Dec 27, 2015
amunkita:
Ajuju Ndi mmuo..

Babe some will say don't buy..
Some will say buy, that such a man has Low Self Esteem..

But verily I say unto you, if u buy a car nd an expensive one to match ur status it's good but know this, u ve increased ur market price or oyibo people will say Self worth or Value..

Now what u will attract re Men with great Ballz which make up 10% of Nigerian Men..

What of a situation u ain't so lucky to grab one knowing that 5% of such men will like a girl they feel they can provide with all goodies of Life without Challenge..

So babe u re Left with 5% of the Real Men with Balls, 75% of Normal Nigerian Men nd 15% of Gold Diggers...

So Babe do which that favors you knowing that a Real African Man(75%) would not like perception from the public that His wife is the boss..
10 to 15% girls with cars versus 5% balled up guys leaves 50 to 33% guys not to talk of competition from non car women who are easier targets for the guys. the odds not in her favor
omotohdarajugbogbolo :

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 12:57am On Dec 27, 2015
PAnaceA7:
Only insecure men and broke niggas will feel threatened.
have you looked at Nigeria's economy lately, lots of broke guys (good guys but broke)

omotohdarajugbogbolo
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 12:59am On Dec 27, 2015
naijainfogalery:
If a man is scared of you cos you have a car, then you dont even deserve that kinda man. Like i do say to people. If i earn N400,000 and my wife earns 2,000,000 monthly. BY Gods grace, i will still be giving her pocket money, i will be paying school fees etc

Its only a man with inferiority complex that feels such.
what if you're collection 10 k

omotohdarajugbogbolo :
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 1:03am On Dec 27, 2015
AdeMoss:
You attract to yourself the type of person you are. If you want to appear broke then you should have an idea the type of men to approach you.

And don't involve family members in your finances. They will demeaning your financial needs for theirs and attempt to augment their lifestyle with your cash.
you talking as if Nigeria is a normal country, as if all broke guys is their fault.

omotohdarajugbogbolo
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 1:07am On Dec 27, 2015
Pain:
If getting a car will chase men away, then why are all the single ladies without cars not married yet?

Most of these beliefs being peddled are merely dogmas and fads that are not statistically significant. There are a million broke spinsters as there are successful spinsters.

In fact the number of broke and unmarried spinsters far outnumber those that are successful.

You better go ahead and buy a car if it will make you happy.

What is your own will not pass you by.
this guy doesn't have scientific stats to back this assertion.
omotohdarajugbogbolo
but he is right all is a game of chance.
but when most guys are telling you wassup and fewer are saying go with the flow. you need to take your own poll from all 11 pages of comments and come to decision. na real spreadsheet work de ya hand. guys, girls then guys and girls together then make your decision

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 1:08am On Dec 27, 2015
princeonx:
Why are we so backward in Africa? Cars that are mostly necessity in western world is now likely to be a reason for a lady not to get a suitor in Africa. Even if it's a ferrari what in the world is wrong with that for fhuck sake?
Well, like they say, "a white man make complicated things simple while a black man make simple things complicated"
how many Ferrari Hollywood stars remain married happily.
cars are necessary in Yankee
not in Nigeria
omotohdarajugbogbolo

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 1:09am On Dec 27, 2015
jaypisces:
Sweetheart buy yourself a car. Stay humble. It will get u a better husband. Trust me I'm talking from experience.
she Gats meet the husband first o. not easy when she's alone in the car. easier to be toasted on the road statistically speaking

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by AlhajiAbdul: 1:09am On Dec 27, 2015
Skmoda360:

You are right oo but on a counter my present girlfriend owns a jeep do i give a Bleep, i dnt av ordinary beetle but i do all the spending, i hate when a woman spend on me.
as

You are simply a gold digger and a social climber. There are no two ways about it. Your earnings can barely sustain you but you went to look for a girl on a very high social standing

I can easily sniff your type from a kilometre. All your earnings go into buying flashy clothes and trying to look rich. You better amend your ways before you die in poverty. Bloody gold-digger. You are even proud to come here and post this rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 1:12am On Dec 27, 2015
harristo:
It will scare most men that don't have a car of their own away from you. Only few of them will be able to approach you. If you are not interested in a relationship with those kind of men, then go ahead. But you will simply be reducing the number of men that can and will approach you.
this is the summary of all my quotes
chei and I think say I sabi English

omotohdarajugbogbolo
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Tolatutu: 1:18am On Dec 27, 2015
mikolo80:
so what happen to that posters 44 yr old aunty wey never marry.

omotohdarajugbogbolo

There are many single women with no car, it has nothing to do with car. This Op has been single for the past 3 years despite not having a car

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 1:19am On Dec 27, 2015
Tolatutu:
Wow Nigeria is backwards sha, so they want you as a woman to be suffering with public transport while you can afford a car? If one of theses days you enter one chance bus nko, God forbid. All these years you didn't have a car you didn't get a Mr. Right showing that it's not about car. Any man who will be intimidated about you having a car will still be intimidated about you owning lands and such. That means for the rest of your life with such a man you will always have to live under the standard that you can actually afford just so he won't feel intimidated. Is that the type of life you want?

If you don't buy the car now and you marry then later it will become you can't buy a bigger car than your husband you can't own more lands than your husband and so on . For the rest of your life you won't be able to live to your full potential, this is why many women never get to their full potential in Nigeria
you want husband or you want potential (choose this day who ye will serve)
check oyinbo divorce rate when them begin de pursue potential

omotohdarajugbogbolo
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Tolatutu: 1:20am On Dec 27, 2015
mikolo80:
he's right but the reality is guys are unemployed and easier to chat with you in public transport.but hey you can risk it. such is life. but you reduce your chances of meeting a guy.

Someone who's employed will end up getting intimidated by her anyway either sooner or later if he doesn't quickly get a job
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 1:20am On Dec 27, 2015
Tolatutu:

check divorce rate in non backwardcountries

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 1:21am On Dec 27, 2015
arnold123:
buy a car, but don't be pompous be gentle, sweet, loving and kind, believe me it won't hinder u in anyway whatsoever my sister has cars but it didn't chase men away from her, don't listen to those telling u not to but they are just being naive and unhelpful simply cos dey don't have aa car as a man so dey won't want u to buy ! Good luck dear, I wish u well
where does your sister work, does she meet guys regularly, is it the same for op ? one man's meat is another poison
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Tolatutu: 1:21am On Dec 27, 2015
mikolo80:
check divorce rate in non backwardcountries

That's no indicator, many Nigerians are living in miserable marriages and many are co tenants the only difference is white people don't pretend like us. Here people will tear each other's clothes and fight in the morning then in the afternoon they will wear anko and hit weddings and be deceiving themselves

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Tolatutu: 1:22am On Dec 27, 2015
mikolo80:
you want husband or you want potential (choose this day who ye will serve)
check oyinbo divorce rate when them begin de pursue potential

omotohdarajugbogbolo

It's important in life to fulfill one's potential , I'm not one of those do or die just to marry anyone, if you are married and unhappy what's the point

2 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 1:23am On Dec 27, 2015
HIDDENSECRECY:

Is unfortunate how inconsiderate the opinions of people are as seen in lots of bias comments from people. None of those kicking against your decision to buy a car put into consideration your personal well-being, emotional, psychological and physical stress of going to work everyday. Life is too short girl, your happiness is paramount and more important than the feeling & opinions of people.

Hey Girl!!! Go for your car baby and make life comfortable for yourself. You work hard to make your money, you need not stress yourself too to spend your money.

"Don't listen to what people are thinking about you, because they are thinking it anyhow". Les Brown
and being worried about husbandlessness is not bothering her physiological, mental or any other al abi?

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 1:23am On Dec 27, 2015
HIDDENSECRECY:

and being worried about husbandlessness is not bothering her physiological, mental or any other al abi? omotohdarajugbogbolo
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Fanirandele: 1:28am On Dec 27, 2015
its very simple you don't have a car right now yet no man maybe the car will be the one to open the door sef so to speak grin How can you be able to afford to make your life more comfortable but choose to suffer so you may meet a man that one is 9ja sense which to me is nonsense

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 1:32am On Dec 27, 2015
Tolatutu:

It's important in life to fulfill one's potential , I'm not one of those do or die just to marry anyone, if you are married and unhappy what's the point
and that's the first thing you should have asked. what if her potential is defined by marriage. abi na all of una go become diezani, Beyonce or Genevieve.? most girls have traditional expectations to be queens and not kings

2 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nurry: 1:33am On Dec 27, 2015
Jimdonnet:
Babe no buy car yet.my auntie who deals in cars is 44 and yet to see a man.

And to you its because she deals in cars that she's 44 and single?
The way some people think sha

2 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mikolo80: 1:34am On Dec 27, 2015
Tolatutu:

That's no indicator, many Nigerians are living in miserable marriages and many are co tenants the only difference is white people don't pretend like us. Here people will tear each other's clothes and fight in the morning then in the afternoon they will wear anko and hit weddings and be deceiving themselves
but they are pointers and she wants to be married. and divorce rates clearly correlate to improved women social status (depends how badly you wanna stay married I guess)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? / Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.