Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,272 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

No To Getting A Car Because Am Single - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No To Getting A Car Because Am Single (44393 Views)

Getting A Divorce In A Court Registry Marriage.Lawyers' advice needed. / Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant / Getting A Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 1:52pm On Dec 26, 2015
Good day fam,

I really need your advice on something.

I am a lady in my late twenties and I work with a multinational company here in Lagos.
This is my third year on the job and I know I need a car now.

Now here's the issue; my siblings think that getting a car is a bad idea. Why? Cos am single.

My beloved brother said it would push men away from me shocked

Please does this not sound myopic? I really don't get it.

House how do you see this cos I feel down right now. sad

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Cutehector(m): 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2015
In ur late twenties

Multinational coy

Buy a car

grin

And ur brother says it will chase men away from u?

Babe abeg pass me ur number wink

288 Likes 12 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Eleniyan15: 2:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
CAPITAL YES
DON'T GET A CAR YET
TAKE CHILL PILL NAH
MAKE BETTER NIGGA COME
BUH IT YOUR CHOICE THOUGH!!!

JUST DO WHAT IS RIGHT AT THE RIGHT TIME

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by TooNoisy(f): 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2015
Sorry OP, you need to be careful with the people you call family. These are the type of people that will try to limit your dreams in future.

Even after you get married they will bring out new rules. I will tell you the truth, what most Nigerian men value more is a woman's character and not whether she drives a car.

Buying a car may seem to take you beyond the reach of some men, but trust me, those are not the men you want to marry if you are an upwardly mobile, goal oriented and trendy young lady.

Just go ahead and buy the car already.

276 Likes 18 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Donald7610: 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
Make ur self available

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Jimdonnet(m): 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
Babe no buy car yet.my auntie who deals in cars is 44 and yet to see a man.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by crackhaus: 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
Don't buy the car oo, keep jumping and struggling buses with other commuters as you enjoy it... gringrin

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by ronald4lif(m): 4:45pm On Dec 26, 2015
Absolute bunkum. Any man who would feel intimidated coz you own a car has self-esteem issues and you don't need such a man in your life. They are usually vicious, aggressive and potential women beaters. So I say, if getting one will distance such men from you then go for it.

Your relatives are living in the past and are yet to come to terms that career driven independent woman is the new sexy and indeed every real man's dream.

146 Likes 11 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2015
ronald4lif:
Absolute bunkum. Any man who would feel intimidated coz you own a car has self-esteem issues and you don't need such a man in your life. They are usually vicious, aggressive and potential women beaters. So I say, if getting one will distance such men from you then go for it.

Your relatives are living in the past and are yet to come to terms that career driven independent is the new sexy and indeed every real man's dream.

Appreciate

21 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by johnson232: 4:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
omotohdarajugbogbolo:

Appreciate
this ur moniker long sha...

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by oglalasioux(m): 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Good day fam,

I am a lady in my late twenties and I work with a multinational company here in Lagos.

Now here's the issue; my siblings think that getting a car is a bad idea. Why? Cos am single.

Cc lalasticlala , seun
Get the car. Remain humble and polite. Pray for God's favour and guidance. The car can never prevent the man of your dreams to come to you.

23 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Mikollon1(m): 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2015
Do what YOU want to do.

Don't do what YOU ALLOW society pressure you to do then turn around and blame MEN for it. That's the feminists' forte really.

You seem educated so get data sets from both angles, weigh them against your desires, and form an opinion by YOURSELF and stick to it. That way, you (not your bro or men or "they" or society) will be responsible for the action you take. This is the adult way of solving problems.

I prefer females that live in their own apartments and drive their own cars they bought with their own monies. I'm attracted to their sense of control and adulthood, but that's just me.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by emmanuel596(m): 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2015
My dear u need a car for ur day to day runnings and good of it all is dat u work nd earn honourably....so no big deal...

Btw I don't knw ur definition of a car sha...... seems u have plans of pulling a BMW X6

5 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by marycool18(f): 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2015
It will attract them

5 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by allanphash7(m): 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2015
Never

Its just a black man thinking that says that

2 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Elzends(m): 5:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
No doubts about it, you will intimidate a typical Nigerian man.

If ur dat desperate to get married, then postpone the issue of buying a car..

#peace

13 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by rugippe: 5:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
K
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by wakes: 5:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
Go buy a car.

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by DWJOBScom(m): 5:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
Go ahead and buy a good car

It shows a hard-working and responsible lady
It also shows you have a healthy saving culture.
A pretty lady with a car shows class and men with inferiority will keep off.

Please buy your car o and make sure it's a good one

27 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by millionboi(m): 5:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
ya.....it scare dos who dnt knw u b4 nd draw close dos who knw u b4(som wil get close because of d ur new class nt because thy love u

8 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by VickyRotex(f): 5:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
Abeg buy your Ferrari joor angry

7 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by emmadejust(m): 5:24pm On Dec 26, 2015

it will not chase men away, but you need to put your attitude and appearance in consideration , also environment matters

2 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Kazrem(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Good day fam,

Cc lalasticlala , seun
Why not think of real assets like land instead of car? OK, you have gotten one. Why not develop it? It is also developed. Get another. Develop it. If then, save, save and save. After then you can get a car. I know what am talking about.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by PAnaceA7(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
Only insecure men and broke niggas will feel threatened.

20 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by coolhamid(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
In late twenties? You ought to have a man already..I mean a fiance.

As per the topic, those that would stay will definitely stay and those with little or no self esteem will run away..

Why will a lady with car be hard to approach ?
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Emilord(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
Woman go get for yourself a good car.

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by amunkita(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
Ajuju Ndi mmuo..

Babe some will say don't buy..
Some will say buy, that such a man has Low Self Esteem..

But verily I say unto you, if u buy a car nd an expensive one to match ur status it's good but know this, u ve increased ur market price or oyibo people will say Self worth or Value..

Now what u will attract re Men with great Ballz which make up 10% of Nigerian Men..

What of a situation u ain't so lucky to grab one knowing that 5% of such men will like a girl they feel they can provide with all goodies of Life without Challenge..

So babe u re Left with 5% of the Real Men with Balls, 75% of Normal Nigerian Men nd 15% of Gold Diggers...

So Babe do which that favors you knowing that a Real African Man(75%) would not like perception from the public that His wife is the boss..

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Idrismusty97(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
What kind of silly logic is this? If getting a car will chase men away from you then you should be thankful. Those men/boys aren't even worth your time. I would have insult the people that inject that silly logic in your head if only they aren't your family.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by ClassCaptain(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
It will not if u give the ownership to the man

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by iconize(m): 5:26pm On Dec 26, 2015
Yeah, it will scare inferiority complex ridden men away from you.

6 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by naijainfogalery: 5:26pm On Dec 26, 2015
If a man is scared of you cos you have a car, then you dont even deserve that kinda man. Like i do say to people. If i earn N400,000 and my wife earns 2,000,000 monthly. BY Gods grace, i will still be giving her pocket money, i will be paying school fees etc

Its only a man with inferiority complex that feels such.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 26, 2015
I am coming

+ never as far as the man is not likely to be washing the car for you in the relationship.

+ as far as you don't call the car "my baby".

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

My Brother's Girlfriend Has Finally Charmed Him, Help Me Ooo / I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / Only Introverts Will Understand These

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.