Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today - Health (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today (76600 Views)

12 Pointers You Might Have Heart Disease. Any Of These? See A Doctor ASAP / My Experience As An Egg Donor / What A Doctor Did When I Accompanied A Female Friend To The Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by RedCapChief(m): 10:33am On Dec 27, 2015
Uten9z:

Medical sector is most funded sector and enhanced in Naija

This is 100% not true, therefore I can confidently assume you don't know what you are talking about. Don't confuse people on a dry Sunday morning

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by PipSurgeon(m): 10:34am On Dec 27, 2015
Boss13:

Guess you have had your coffee and your professional senses has returned. Good to see you admitting the truth.
my argument with you was on another different level, whether you and you friend Ogawisdom donate charity for emergency purpose.. u werent ready to reason with..
Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 27, 2015
Boss13:

Madam, you will not understand. He works in a quack hospital. It is his professional duty to escalate issues. They never do so but continue to carry on with their activities. His inactions of not escalating caused the death of that premature baby. These hospitals cut corners and should not exist.
If both of us live in the same jungle called Nigeria you wont blame that guy and you wont encourage/justify beating of a doctor in that situation......

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Uten9z(m): 10:38am On Dec 27, 2015
safepassage2015:
ur hate for doctors knows no bounds. Can i ask, did u attempt to enter med skl and failed? Did a dr snatch ur babe? Wat makes u hate us so much? Anyways let me now be frank, as far as nigeria is concerned, a doctor CANNOT easily go to jail as most litigations are settled out of court. Please tell ur shrink to educate u better on medico-legal issues
You may someday meet ppl that will solemnly desire to settle out of court as Nigerian is concerned.
Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Uten9z(m): 10:41am On Dec 27, 2015
RedCapChief:

This is 100% not true, therefore I can confidently assume you don't know what you are talking about. Don't confuse people on a dry Sunday morning
well tell me a better one born of civil provision
Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Boss13: 10:42am On Dec 27, 2015
safepassage2015:
Sorry about your late mom but as a deputy director in mininstry of health, she MAY HAVE cornered some of the funds meant to develop hospitals. Also i was right u failed in trying to read medicine. Apart from nursing, every other person in medical profession wanted to be a dr but failed. It clearly explains why you hate doctors so much

If my mom had cornered some funds, she did not openly disclosed it and I was not privy to such matters. I cannot speak for her, but records are yet to show contrary. I disliked doctors, maybe because of their pretentious ways of pointing at others whilst the solution lies with them.

FYI, I completed my program and grateful for the knowledge I still possess. For now it is of little use to me.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Boss13: 10:46am On Dec 27, 2015
favoured234:

If both of us live in the same jungle called Nigeria you wont blame that guy and you wont encourage/justify beating of a doctor in that situation......

He should be grateful he got a beating. Many Nigerians do not know their rights or too cash tight to pursue their case to a logical conclusion. The same thing applies to rape victims.
Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 27, 2015
Boss13:

He should be grateful he got a beating. Many Nigerians do not know their rights or too cash tight to pursue their case to a logical conclusion. The same thing applies to rape victims.

Hmmmmm I think I now understand where you are coming from... I will suggest you calm down on this issue.
Some of us have had some nasty experiences to share but that the head aches doesn't mean we should cut it off.
When we want to condemn we should understand that the healthcare system is not very functional and there are some people working tirelessly to make their little contribution to the big picture..., and so we should try to understand and not beat them up for a failed system

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Uten9z(m): 10:49am On Dec 27, 2015
favoured234:

You don't need to quote me to type this...
I quoted someone on a very different situation from the OP's own...
Maybe you should have taken your time to read my previous post before educating me

am sorry u are the last reoccurring link I could quote and expose this fact
Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by scachy(m): 10:49am On Dec 27, 2015
Mcowubaba:

That's just the Point i want to make...

I will not condemn or argue with him on the hospital's policies..
But on average a house officer (doctor) earns 50K-200K a month,

I wonder why the doctor couldn't use part of his money or even pledge his money-if he is not with cash at hand undecided...or maybe due to tension, inexperience, confussion it may not have crossed his mind...

I can't say much-who am I to condemn......rip to the departed

Well said.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Bigsteveg(m): 10:52am On Dec 27, 2015
I was beginning to feel odd when people were pitying him. I wondered if the SR is God

cramjones:

You are such an idiot to assert that! What he is saying is true. An accident victim came, you could not even at least do the following:

-Secure IV access, since they may be loosing blood.

-Take blood for urgent PCV, grouping and cross-matching for any emergency transfusion that the critical ones you triaged may need.

-At least examine the patient as a whole, look out for areas of injury, palpate the abdomen and make sure there is no guarding that could suggest internal organ rupture like the spleen.

-Provide pain relief etc etc.

-Did they not teach you the ABC of rescusitation? You don't know that A starts for

A- Airway
B-Breathing
C- Cardiac function
D - Drugs
E - Examination (Quick)

- How stupiid are you that critical patients would be brought to your center (Accident and Emergency), and the first thing you are saying is for them to be referred? Is your work place a Babalawo center that you have to refer them at just sighting them? Won't you make sure that they are in stable condition first.

-You are stupidly calling on the government - to do what? Are they doctors? Do they know how to rescucitate patients? you foolishly called your lazy asss medical officer...what do you expect... Infact, if I am Seun and moderators, I would ban you from Nairaland!

-You are a house officer for goodness sake, the first on call, you ought to have stabilized the patients before calling anyone.

-You should be ashamed to call yourself a doctor. If anything you and the hospital should be sued and made to repeat your housemanship!

Nonsense!

-CramJones

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Bigsteveg(m): 10:55am On Dec 27, 2015
Thank you for clearing the air. I was wondering if there's nothing he could have done. What if the patient turn out to be the president/governor daughter, the SR would have just put d blame on him.

Swints:
Being a house officer is not an excuse for not even giving first aid or siting an iv line or doing anything at all to help the RTA victims. What I just see is a doc that just didn't know what to do? U didn't even try stabilizing patients before calling the SR. U shld jst stfu n its even so annoying that u brought ur unprofessional n annoying conduct here expecting pity or what?
N:B- I am a doc too n I did my house job ten years ago and during my time we were too eager to learn n seeing trauma cases used to be an opportunity for us to learn n nobody waits for the SR unless u ve tried n can see the case is beyond you. Stop spending all your time on social media n lose the fear n start treating patients n saving lives. Where you presently are I'm sure the nurses no fit strict pass those wey uch
Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Boss13: 10:57am On Dec 27, 2015
safepassage2015:
ur hate for doctors knows no bounds. Can i ask, did u attempt to enter med skl and failed? Did a dr snatch ur babe? Wat makes u hate us so much? Anyways let me now be frank, as far as nigeria is concerned, a doctor CANNOT easily go to jail as most litigations are settled out of court. Please tell ur shrink to educate u better on medico-legal issues

Please put on some sensible cap when reading my comment. You write like a teenager and without any disrespect, I doubt if you are a doctor.

This thread is not about my biography. Unfortunately, I have revealed more than I should have. It is about the unjust and wicked system perpetrated by doctors like yourself who still thinks of women/babe after medical school.

Recall, I have earlier commented on doctors pleading with affected victims or victims unable to pursue their case to a logical conclusion. Ignorantly, you have concluded that most of your negligence in professional duties end up out of court. I pity you.

The general public should now come to terms why doctors continue to be negligent because they feel the matter will end out of court. Let me inform you that whilst in some professional fields, negligence maybe civil, however, yours is both criminal and civil. I wonder whether you read the professional code of conduct and ethics, or perhaps you are still a doctor in training.

Be guided.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by honeycrown(m): 11:02am On Dec 27, 2015
alpontif:
The OP should accept responsibility. Psychologically speaking, you posted this article because your conscience is truly judging you that you did not give your best.

You want to pass the blame to your Oga, and hide under "orders" from above for plain cowardice to do the right thing.

Heroes are made in impossible situations.

You have no consolation from me. It is your fault that some died. You could have made a difference.

You are a big disappointment to the profession, and humanity.

Thank you very much, you just spoke my mind.......
Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by chierezi(f): 11:04am On Dec 27, 2015
At op u no try at all, I have been to so many of Dr swearing in , and I bet you that was not the oat you guys took. I know you r lamenting becos of ur conscience and not the policy.my brother is a medical doctor and have saved lives even as a corps Dr. An abandoned baby was brought in when he was on duty, the babys body was full of ants and small magoot . but he was told not to touch according to the yeye policy. He dammed d policy , took antibiotics and did his part fortunately the next day on going ward round he noticed d baby had 80% chance of survival.he continued until the baby recovered before he was referred to motherless baby home. This happened in osun state where he served. Like someone asked.... If the person were to be ur sibling, you would have dammed d policy. Bleep all lousy doctors who hides under the pretext of policy to waste lives........ Quote me and die

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by safepassage2015: 11:07am On Dec 27, 2015
Boss13:

Please put on some sensible cap when reading my comment. You write like a teenager and without any disrespect, I doubt if you are a doctor.

This thread is not about my biography. Unfortunately, I have revealed more than I should have. It is about the unjust and wicked system perpetrated by doctors like yourself who still thinks of women/babe after medical school.

Recall, I have earlier commented on doctors pleading with affected victims or victims unable to pursue their case to a logical conclusion. Ignorantly, you have concluded that most of your negligence in professional duties end up out of court. I pity you.

The general public should now come to terms why doctors continue to be negligent because they feel the matter will end out of court. Let me inform you that whilst in some professional fields, negligence maybe civil, however, yours is both criminal and civil. I wonder whether you read the professional code of conduct and ethics, or perhaps you are still a doctor in training.

Be guided.
Your constant attack on nigerian doctors is unfortunate. Infact the onus lies on me to find out why u HATE drs. All i did was ask u those basic questions to know whr ur vexation lies and u have given me the answer i always suspected. U didnt make medical school which is ok shaaa cos medicine is nt for everyone. Now u and i knw the system is very broken and yet u heap all the blame on a drs supposed negigence without considering other factors at play. You are even part of the broken system because ur late mom MAY have been part of it. If u are aware of budgetary allocations to some hospitals through ur mom and u knew it was embezzled, why didnt u or ur mom contact EFCC as patrotic citizens. U played dumb while the system continued to rot and now u have the guts to call me a murderer? You failed to inform the appropriate authorities and now u are looking for who to blame? My friend, take time and respect ursef

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Boss13: 11:07am On Dec 27, 2015
favoured234:

Hmmmmm I think I now understand where you are coming from... I will suggest you calm down on this issue.
Some of us have had some nasty experiences to share but that the head aches doesn't mean we should cut it off.
When we want to condemn we should understand that the healthcare system is not very functional and there are some people working tirelessly to make their little contribution to the big picture..., and so we should try to understand and not beat them up for a failed system

Madam please, this attitude of yours and possessed by many Nigerians is responsible for a lot of degraded system and infrastructure in the country.

Why should a quack hospital deceive the public and continue to be in operation? Why should a semi-illiterate or incompetent doctor still remain in the health care system?

Are you aware we have quacks performing surgery in this country. People without medical license opening hospitals and diagnosing illness?

Should the public ignore such persons and these vampires continue to kill people.

Do you know that many private hospitals are quick and happy to perform CS on an expectant mother than deliver her of her baby normally and not minding the future implications especially if the woman is still in her breeding period?

We cannot continue like this.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 27, 2015
Prince16:

Mheen, leave matter!
Dem say 'fire burn Imam to ashes', u dey ask of hin bia-bia!
"EVERYTHING" sef is 2 much! What he needed to have done was SOMETHING, but alas, he did NOTHING!

:/:/
Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by 4everGrand(m): 11:10am On Dec 27, 2015
joyandfaith:

pls,next time if patientis ur sibling ignore order from above. To hell with order from above.why are doctors so timid and cowards?

Ur comment reeks ignorance.
Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Bjergtrolde: 11:10am On Dec 27, 2015
cramjones:

The society is primitive, thanks to a house officer that does not even know why he is a house officer. A house officer that thinks that the first thing to do in an emergency situation is to call his second on call. And the lazzy ass second on call, wanting to avoid work tells the inept and clueless house officer to tell the patients to go if they don't have money! If you support such a profoundly broken system, then you are part of the problem.

-CramJones

Ehen,

After making sure its safe to approach, the[b] first thing[/b] you do in an emergency is to CALL FOR HELP. But then again, I did not attend the same medical school as you attended.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by ADBOK: 11:12am On Dec 27, 2015
Nonsense! You had all it takes to at least ameliorate the condition of that patient and you did nothing! You justify your sordid inaction by citing your superiors' orders. Maybe you should read your Hippocratic oath again. You deserve a resounding slap for even putting this self-incriminating piece in a public domain like this...

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Boss13: 11:15am On Dec 27, 2015
safepassage2015:
Your constant attack on nigerian doctors is unfortunate. Infact the onus lies on me to find out why u HATE drs. All i did was ask u those basic questions to know whr ur vexation lies and u have given me the answer i always suspected. U didnt make medical school which is ok shaaa cos medicine is nt for everyone. Now u and i knw the system is very broken and yet u heap all the blame on a drs supposed negigence without considering other factors at play. You are even part of the broken system because ur late mom MAY have been part of it. If u are aware of budgetary allocations to some hospitals through ur mom and u knew it was embezzled, why didnt u or ur mom contact EFCC as patrotic citizens. U played dumb while the system continued to rot and now u have the guts to call me a murderer? You failed to inform the appropriate authorities and now u are looking for who to blame? My friend, take time and respect ursef

I will ignore your ranting and tell you truthfully that the EFCC is investigating some cases. Unfortunately, the anti-corrupt organization dances to the tune of the presidency and is heavily engaged in prosecuting erring politicians.

However, do not be discouraged, they shall catch fraudulent doctors who are frustrating the system.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 27, 2015
Boss13:

Madam please, this attitude of yours and possessed by many Nigerians is responsible for a lot of degraded system and infrastructure in the country.

Why should a quack hospital deceive the public and continue to be in operation? Why should a semi-illiterate or incompetent doctor still remain in the health care system?

Are you aware we have quacks performing surgery in this country. People without medical license opening hospitals and diagnosing illness?

Should the public ignore such persons and these vampires continue to kill people.

Do you know that many private hospitals are quick and happy to perform CS on an expectant mother than deliver her of her baby normally and not minding the future implications especially if the woman is still in her breeding period?

We cannot continue like this.

We are talking about a particular scenario and you are taking it into the general profession...
Anyway its okay

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by safepassage2015: 11:17am On Dec 27, 2015
Boss13:

I will ignore your ranting and tell you truthfully that the EFCC is investigating some cases. Unfortunately, the anti-corrupt organization dances to the tune of the presidency and is heavily engaged in prosecuting erring politicians.

However, do not be discouraged, they shall catch fraudulent doctors who are frustrating the system.

why are you dragging the presidency to this? I asked u a simple question....'did u or ur mom ever report any suspicious CMD to the EFCC or ICPC?' If not then u both are part and parcel of the broken system
Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Boss13: 11:22am On Dec 27, 2015
ADBOK:
Nonsense! You had all it takes to at least ameliorate the condition of that patient and you did nothing! You justify your sordid inaction by citing your superiors' orders. Maybe you should read your Hippocratic oath again. You deserve a resounding slap for even putting this self-incriminating piece in a public domain like this...

He deserves jail time. Same thing happened to Chaz B.
Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Boss13: 11:26am On Dec 27, 2015
safepassage2015:
why are you dragging the presidency to this? I asked u a simple question....'did u or ur mom ever report any suspicious CMD to the EFCC or ICPC?' If not then u both are part and parcel of the broken system

Doctors. They never change. Never will they agree they are the problem. Always looking for someone else to help them solve their problem.

Don't worry, we shall assist you.

FEDERAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH – 221,712,151,746

Statutory allocation for health next year. You can start by monitoring it. Go to ministry of health and demand how it was allocated. Then, track your allocation down to your own hospital if you work for a government hospital. Ask your CMD questions when you notice differences.

You too can help. Don't be part of the problem, be the solution.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by safepassage2015: 11:29am On Dec 27, 2015
Boss13:

Doctors. They never change. Never will they agree they are the problem. Always looking for someone else to help them solve their problem.

Don't worry, we shall assist you.

FEDERAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH – 221,712,151,746

Statutory allocation for health next year. You can start by monitoring it. Go to ministry of health and demand how it was allocated. Then, track your allocation down to your own hospital if you work for a government hospital. Ask your CMD questions when you notice differences.

You too can help. Don't be part of the problem, be the solution.
see this guy oh!!! You say u know the allocation. You say you know CMDs that embezzle. I ask u whether u informed the authorities as a patriotic citizen, you say am looking for who to blame? Men, u really need to see ur shrink honestly

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Boss13: 11:29am On Dec 27, 2015
favoured234:

We are talking about a particular scenario and you are taking it into the general profession...
Anyway its okay

This is not a scenario issue, it's a holistic decay that affects facets of the health care system
Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 27, 2015
Boss13:

This is not a scenario issue, it's a holistic decay that affects facets of the health care system
This man I must break your head... cheesy I don tire
Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by Boss13: 11:33am On Dec 27, 2015
safepassage2015:
see this guy oh!!! You say u know the allocation. You say you know CMDs that embezzle. I ask u whether u informed the authorities as a patriotic citizen, you say am looking for who to blame? Men, u really need to see ur shrink honestly

You have short memory. Go and read my comments again. Till then don't kill anymore.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by rheedor(m): 11:34am On Dec 27, 2015
So touching......The policies need amendments undecided

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today by safepassage2015: 11:40am On Dec 27, 2015
Boss13:

You have short memory. Go and read my comments again. Till then don't kill anymore.
wow i have just discovered that Boss13 is part and parcel of the broken system and he's opening his dirty mouth blaming drs. Please kindly supply the name of your late mom so i can write EFCC on tuesday to look into her financial activities while she held sway at Federal Ministry of Health. I am sure more will be revealed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Pictures Of Aba After Lockdown Today / What Drug Can A Pregnant Woman Feeling Malaria Take ?? / Fibroid Removed From A Woman Who Thought She Was Pregnant (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.