Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Atiku Abubakar Is A Green Snake Under The Green Grass – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Is A Green Snake Under The Green Grass – Obasanjo (1414 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Congratulates Super Eagles On Qualifying For World Cup / Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri / Breaking News : Apc Audu Abubakar Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Abubakar Is A Green Snake Under The Green Grass – Obasanjo by scachy(m): 9:52pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nigeria – Here is an extract from a publication of ex President Olusegun Obasanjo (My Watch) about his then vice president Atiku Abubakar:

From the day I nominated Atiku to be my vice, he set his mind not for any good, benefit or service of the country, but on furiously planning to upstage, supplant or remove me at all cost and to take my place.

“That was what I brought him for, but he was impatient and over-ambitious. He was not ready to learn and to wait. His marabout, who predicted that despite being elected as governor, he would not be sworn in as a governor, which happened, also assured him that he would take over from me in a matter of months rather than years.

“All his plans, appointments of people and his actions were towards the actualisation of his marabout’s prediction. Once I realised his intention and programme, I watched him like a hawk without giving any indication of what I knew and letting down my guard. I could not succumb to the distraction, diversion and malevolence of an ambitious but unwise deputy.

“The work in hand was more important than a confrontational relationship with my deputy, a man over whom I knew I had far more experience and outreach in all matters. To alert him of what I knew he was up to, would only lead to lying, denial, more mischievous plans and more duplicity on his part.

“He was better managed that way. What was important was not allowing myself to be surprised or outmanoeuvred by him. I must always seize the initiative and know what was going on if not in his mind, but at least in his camp. That I did very effectively.

“Sometime in the fourth quarter of 2004, an associate of Atiku came to my residence at the Aso Villa from Atiku’s official residence. He felt uncomfortable and I tried to make him feel at ease. Then, he settled to tell me the story of what had just transpired in Atiku’s residence. I listened with rapt attention.

“He went on to say that Atiku told him that for him to become the President of Nigeria, the 2007 elections were only a formality.

“The seven ingredients he needed for his enthronement were already in his hands. He controlled the National Assembly because both the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives were in his pocket. He controlled twenty-eight out of thirty-six governors. He had control of the media. His influence over the judiciary was overwhelming.

“What he needed was foreign endorsement and for that he had employed two lobby groups in the US and one in the UK. And finally, the money for the elections was in his purse.

“When the man finished, I thanked him without passing any comment. The man was surprised at my reaction and asked, ‘You have nothing to say to these?’ I said that I had nothing to say and I immediately called my ADC, Chris Jemitola, to play a game of squash with me.

“On our way to the squash court with my ADC, I said, ‘People at times make plans and leave God out of their plans.’ My casual remark struck Chris and he said, ‘Sir, that was a profound statement.’ I said that I made the statement because of what I had just heard of Atiku’s plan. I was not convinced he had put God in his plans.

“Atiku was confident and God was laughing. Most of Atiku’s ingredients soon started to fall out of place one by one. The first was the party, PDP.

“He thought I was powerless and had no clue about the execution of his plan with his group; part of his attack on me was for national chairman of the party to give the first salvo, then other things would follow as his grip on the party would be firm and consolidated.

http://nigeriana.org/480874.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

Lalasticlala, ishilove, Seun

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Is A Green Snake Under The Green Grass – Obasanjo by Nellybank(m): 9:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
If atiku get green snake, i guess ur own wey be him oga na....
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is A Green Snake Under The Green Grass – Obasanjo by osaslord500(m): 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2015
We all know, atiku suppose to be stoned to deadeath
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is A Green Snake Under The Green Grass – Obasanjo by merry02(m): 10:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
Obj is this, obj is that. Na only him waka come? This man should keep quiet and face his life or learn from Gowon and the likes
Re: Atiku Abubakar Is A Green Snake Under The Green Grass – Obasanjo by DaBullIT(m): 7:01am On Dec 27, 2015
OBJ

the Baboon Nigerians are proud to have

#Babanofinehimwifelikeam

#BabaNoFineNigeriaLoveAm

(1) (Reply)

Northern Muslims & The Nigerian Civil War: Between Achebe & Igbo Intellectuals / Breaking:heavy Gun Battle With Boko Haram In Maiduguri / (

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.