Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products (25971 Views)

FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads / FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% / FG Moves To Secure List Of Properties Owned By Nigerians In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by cutebobo(m): 9:36am On Dec 27, 2015
If they like it or not, I believe God is ushering Nigeria into a good and conducive atmosphere.

Happy Sunday to u all

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by repogirl(f): 9:37am On Dec 27, 2015
This seems sensible....waiting for results.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by mccoy47(m): 9:38am On Dec 27, 2015
But what ever happened to transporting petroleum products with our trains?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by moris01(m): 9:40am On Dec 27, 2015
I wish they could just tackle the profiteering going on @ d private depots in coconut lagos. As @ Wednesday pms was sold @ 103 in sahara depot, capital depot. Gulf treasure depot was reselling @ 110 per liter.
d only fuel stations that can sell @ 87 are d major marketers (conoil oando total mobil) reason being that they v there own private depots and they source for there products themselves and they also truck themselves.
why do you think independent fuel stations are not selling petrol?
how can you buy petrol @ 103 perliter, spend abt 3 naira trying to load and they expect you to sell @ 87.
the painful part is b4 these depots sell to you u will be forced to sign dpr atl-form(authority to load) stating that you are buying @ 77.6 perliter.
they even go as far as providing 2 acct details you will pay d 77.6 into one account and pay the rest into another account.
buhari government is really trying people but the thieves benefiting from profiteering won't let us be.

4 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by hustler86(m): 9:40am On Dec 27, 2015
Wailing wailers hwfa 9c move or not , don't miss the message while you are busy looking for the mistake. #greatNigeria #GODBlessNigeria. #Changeisaslowandsteadyprocess smiley
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by hinwazaka: 9:44am On Dec 27, 2015
If you don't know Kachukwu's game by now, then you are really stup1d. If you have been following up on his actions and speeches, you will know that, he always tries to embarrass the President by releasing a mirage to the public, which when discarded or denied by the government, puts them in bad light. He also wants to force the government into allowing his proposed subsidy removal policy. So if you believe we will DUBAILISE our pipelines, then you are simply a MUMU
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by anonimi: 9:47am On Dec 27, 2015
Each day
Each week
Each month

This federal administration of the CONFUSED One validates the very decisions for which Alh. LIE Mohammed and APShit crew criticized, lambasted and harassed Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, the hero of our democracy.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2048446_jo1_jpeg9647ab2f33b35a522a7189f8d790a2f0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2278704_gej_jpeg992928adad11461598fca84307c51f06

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2472012_political_jpeg159c20bce885539ba1c0f382a90b89ce
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by abdulaz: 9:48am On Dec 27, 2015
Nice move though.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by idu1(m): 9:58am On Dec 27, 2015
989900:
Now, compare this to Diezani . . . or PMB to GEJ.

Tech rules: Distributed acoustic sensing (DAS)

Can typically detect:

People walking when they are 5–10 m away from the buried cable
Manual digging 5–15 m away
Vehicles 5–15 m away
Mechanical digging or other large machinery at a distance of 20–50 m.
Can be used to cue other security platforms such as CCTV or unmanned aerial vehicles for visual confirmation.
Throw in IP/IR/GPS/GSM motion sensors and IP/GPS/GSM CCTVs.
Integrated with manual armed personnel backup surveillance.

I hope this is what they have in mind . . . if only I have Kachikwu's number. sad

Better than the 'clueless' administration's employment of them Gani Adams and Tompolos.
Good idea....

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 27, 2015
Forces of hate and darkness are taking steps to stop this from happening.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by mirakz(m): 10:32am On Dec 27, 2015
We are tired of plans , directed, orders,.....bla bla bla ..... All we are interested in now is ACTION!

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by lucianohase(m): 10:32am On Dec 27, 2015
989900:

Can typically detect:

Vehicles 5–15 m away
Can be used to cue other security platforms such as CCTV or unmanned aerial vehicles for visual confirmation.

I hope this is what they have in mind . . . if only I have Kachikwu's number. sad

Better than the 'clueless' administration's employment of them Gani Adams and Tompolos.
You are on point..

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by bewla(m): 10:46am On Dec 27, 2015
um
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by daejavuu: 10:47am On Dec 27, 2015
If you have these experiences kindly find a way to pass your msg across....uote author=989900 post=41376715]Now, compare this to Diezani . . . or PMB to GEJ.

Can typically detect:

Vehicles 5–15 m away

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 27, 2015
mccoy47:
But what ever happened to transporting petroleum products with our trains?

Rail would have been the best option
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by akanbiaa(m): 10:56am On Dec 27, 2015
eyesofgod:

why do we deliberately inflict sufferings upon ourselves?
why do we destroy things that were meant to make our life easy?
why do we encourage and worship those with evil intentions?
why do we hate those who chose to live an upright life?
Answers:
Wickedness,
Greed,
Corruption and
Envy.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by collinx(m): 10:57am On Dec 27, 2015
This is why I will always defend my vote for PMB,. on the fuel issue, the only way forward is to try and eliminate to the barest minimum, our overly dependence on importation of a product which we have and can produce in quantum. This is by making the refineries work again no matter the short-term hardship inherent in completely shutting them down and doing a massive Turnaround Maintenance.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by TI1919(m): 10:59am On Dec 27, 2015
We would wait and see f it will come to pass oh, but for now it is still story that every administration use to bring and end up not doing it.

They would at some point make it look like they have to stay there till eternity before it happen

undecided
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by inikamoze(m): 11:08am On Dec 27, 2015
likila:

so you need to install one of your devices every 15m in a 10 km pipeline?
mugu!
it is your type that work for daura security service.

Bros,which nomadic night school did you attend?

3 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by docadams: 11:09am On Dec 27, 2015
hinwazaka:
If you don't know Kachukwu's game by now, then you are really stup1d. If you have been following up on his actions and speeches, you will know that, he always tries to embarrass the President by releasing a mirage to the public, which when discarded or denied by the government, puts them in bad light. He also wants to force the government into allowing his proposed subsidy removal policy. So if you believe we will DUBAILISE our pipelines, then you are simply a MUMU

Hmmmmmmm
Is that so? Never heard of this grand plan before. Can you add source? You know the routine na?

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 11:12am On Dec 27, 2015
989900:

Can typically detect:

Vehicles 5–15 m away

They won't buy that 2 expensive an eliminates fraud.the people at the top hate stuff like this.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 11:15am On Dec 27, 2015
collinx:
This is why I will always defend my vote for PMB,. on the fuel issue, the only way forward is to try and eliminate to the barest minimum, our overly dependence on importation of a product which we have and can produce in quantum. This is by making the refineries work again no matter the short-term hardship inherent in completely shutting them down and doing a massive Turnaround Maintenance.
God bless Nigeria.
We are still going to import as it's cheaper than producing. The UK and China had coal but they imported it back then cos it was cheaper in till the got a cheaper technology to harvest theirs. Same way America where buying oil until the new technology called fracking came in
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by TimeManager(m): 11:17am On Dec 27, 2015
It's No Brainer That Technology Is The Key. I Do Not Mean To Say OPC And Tompolo's Technology.

The Truth!

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by dcitizen: 11:19am On Dec 27, 2015
The project is stil a theory but you need the co-operation of the communities and a highly effective system to make the project of pipeline surveillance and transportation successful.

To me, this project is just a bogus textbook project and nothing more.

If you intend to embark on any projects, you need to ask some important questions: what is the cost of the project? How will the project be funded? , what are the benefits of the project? And what are the obtacles to the success of the project? I hope the minister close look at the risk factors of the
project?

The major reason behind every failed project in the dark continent is inability of the conveyor of the project to consider the underlying assumptions that will help to accomplish and sustain the project.

No matter how laudably or beautifully a project is conceived, you need to consider the risk factors assessment before implementation.

Let us invest in the railway system for the transportation of petroleum product towards the north. I see no reasons why the government cannot continue to invest in efficient and effective railway system that will connect all part of nigeria. There is a need to invest in cargo trains. That is the most practicable and basic technology that will serve us better considering our level of technological development
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by docadams: 11:22am On Dec 27, 2015
erico2k2:

They won't buy that 2 expensive an eliminates fraud.the people at the top hate stuff like this.

Previously, I would have agreed with you. Now, things are changing. At least, there is a process in evolution.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 11:23am On Dec 27, 2015
likila:

his geophones are sensitive to about 15m.
they would be strung on a cable along the length of the pipeline or transmit data wireless.
they would also need power which could come from the cable.
if each geophone powers itself, they would need a lot of maintenance.
Na ni Maintenance as it has non serviceable parts. Most self power themselves via solar energy just like the Garden lights.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:25am On Dec 27, 2015
Abeg I wan ask these masturbators, what is d difference between these private security outfits n the likes of tompolos, dokubos n gani adams gej employed to guide these facilities n installations?
u dont accuse n blackmail someone of using militants n private security outfits to guide pipeline Installations today n tomorrow when u r there u still employ the same thing u blackmailed someone yesterdY, that s hypocrisy.
buhari said when he comes in he will beef up the army n equip dem to be able to guide our waterways n facilities in nigerdelta region n other places these facilities pass thru, so why r they doing the contrary? n some fools here r telling us its different from what gej initiate.
is it not ayammiri emami n other militants who supports apc now that will be involved n form majority of the private security outfits?
u promised to run a transparent govt yet u cant disclose the cheapest thing abt who r involved in the securing of pipelines since the jtf are not reliable.
I wish nigeria well, though still believe in division of this country.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 11:25am On Dec 27, 2015
docadams:

Previously, I would have agreed with you. Now, things are changing.
Nop paying people to guard the pipes leaves windows for fraud
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
Abeg I wan ask these masturbators, what is d difference between these private security outfits n the likes of tompolos, dokubos n gani adams gej employed to guide these facilities n installations?
u dont accuse n blackmail someone of using militants n private security outfits to guide pipeline Installations today n tomorrow when u r there u still employ the same thing u blackmailed someone yesterdY, that s hypocrisy.
buhari said when he comes in he will beef up the army n equip dem to be able to guide our waterways n facilities in nigerdelta region n other places these facilities pass thru, so why r they doing the contrary? n some fools here r telling us its different from what gej initiate.
is it not ayammiri emami n other militants who supports apc now that will be involved n form majority of the private security outfits?
u promised to run a transparent govt yet u cant disclose the cheapest thing abt who r involved in the securing of pipelines since the jtf are not reliable.
I wish nigeria well, though still believe in division of this country.
Ahah it's the same thing it's just change of contractors award contracts to new people but trust me with the Boyz in the Creek it wo t work.the security contact must go bck to the Creek boys.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by Adeevah(m): 11:37am On Dec 27, 2015
May God direct our leaders to make people friendly decisions
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by rottennaija(m): 11:37am On Dec 27, 2015
urbanmonk:
Laudable plan. But oil no dey reign again na

But we still need it for domestic use?don't we? Now matter how much oil is sold, what other source of energy we have out there, oil will still power this world the next 100 years. Power plants, cars, generators?

My point is, even is we don't sell it, or export it, we still need it internally to fill our energy needs. Then, if we can fill our energy need without importing finished products, then, if we can produce enough to export, it will be to our benefits.

I think it will be to all of our good if this administration succeeds and I pray they do
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by docadams: 11:37am On Dec 27, 2015
erico2k2:

Nop paying people to guard the pipes leaves windows for fraud

At this stage, the modus is not stated though the minister stated it will be a combination of different methods.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wave Of Resignations Hit Akwa Ibom PDP (See Resignation Letters) / 2023 Presidential Election: ECOWAS Decries Irregularities / Saraki And Other Senators At Kebbi Airport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.