Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates - Business (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates (89105 Views)

NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ / Naira Watch: Naira Appreciates To N420/$ / Naira Exchange Rates Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by bedford101(m): 4:03pm On May 23, 2016
futurewise11:

Its with me in Germany here.
ok that means you can wire into my euro acct..its a dom acct with stanbic ibtc will that work? then i Pay u equivallent in naira
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Bookiemart01(f): 8:20am On May 24, 2016
$ don turn commodity? "Bulk Purchase"? What's your rate for retail and wholesale undecided

Kolasheyi:
Contact me for your dollar purchse @ a cheaper price. Note bulk purchase
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 24, 2016
Stanbic now ₦ 315. Dont be deceived by initial hold on your account ooo.

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by skentelelady(f): 3:01pm On May 24, 2016
tumababa:
Stanbic now ₦ 315. Dont be deceived by initial hold on your account ooo.

Damn! !!!!! cry

how about gtb
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by honourableseyi: 5:39pm On May 24, 2016
bedford101:
ok that means you can wire into my euro acct..its a dom acct with stanbic ibtc will that work? then i Pay u equivallent in naira

What is your rate?
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 24, 2016
NAIRALANDERS, I CAN CONFIDENTLY TELL YOU THAT DCC HAS BEEN STOPPED BY STANBICIBTC
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by solid3(m): 11:34pm On May 24, 2016
tumababa:
NAIRALANDERS, I CAN CONFIDENTLY TELL YOU THAT DCC HAS BEEN STOPPED BY STANBICIBTC

What is DCC?

Do you mean, they have stopped the use of their ATM for international transactions? How about GTB?
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by solid3(m): 11:48pm On May 24, 2016
tumababa:

I just called Stanbic Customer Care now, your claim in false, only that rate as at today is N315/$1.
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Nobody: 9:11am On May 25, 2016
solid3:

I just called Stanbic Customer Care now, your claim in false, only that rate as at today is N315/$1.
Ok. Your eye will soon clear and u will soon start asking for people to sue stanbic with u.

Same stanbic told me this

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Chibenze(m): 9:45am On May 25, 2016
please who know the current rate for gtbank?
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by solid3(m): 10:13am On May 25, 2016
tumababa:

Ok. Your eye will soon clear and u will soon start asking for people to sue stanbic with u.

Same stanbic told me this

U try, but ur trial does not hold water. The image u wrote by urself, is it supposed to be an email or text messages or letter? Which one is it?
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Jdesigns(m): 2:10pm On May 25, 2016
@tumababa and solid3

Both of you are saying same thing

Stanbic rate is 315

Let's forget about the DCC people that knows it understands what tumababa is saying
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 25, 2016
Jdesigns:
@tumababa and solid3

Stanbic rate is 315

Let's forget about the DCC people that knows it understands what tumababa is saying

thank you. i like discussing with intelligent people.
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by solid3(m): 2:27pm On May 25, 2016
Jdesigns:
@tumababa and solid3

Stanbic rate is 315

In his mind now he is intelligent by formulating a purported message from Stanbic bank saying its no longer possible to use ur Stanbic issued ATM for international transactions.

That's so lame, the image can't get someone like me.
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Jdesigns(m): 2:39pm On May 25, 2016
solid3:

In his mind now he is intelligent by formulating a purported message from Stanbic bank saying its no longer possible to use ur Stanbic issued ATM for international transactions.

That's so lame, the image can't get someone like me.

@solid3

You got it all wrong, let me explain what DCC means.

DCC is called dynamic currency conversion where the website you buying from converts what ever you are buying to naira and enables you pay in Naira.

This conversion is done by using CBN rate and addition of + or - 30 depending on the website you buying from do at the end of the day you will he paying cheaper than the bank rate itself.

Stanbic was doing DCC on amazon so buying on amazon will cost you 209N to a dollar and stanbic was charging 295 at that time.

The issue now is that stanbic as stopped DCC on their card so you can't get 208 on amazon again.

I hope this helps you wink

@tumababa

I think he just needed a little help to understand your side of the story. grin

3 Likes

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by solid3(m): 3:41pm On May 25, 2016
^^ thanks for the explanation.

But I'm just wondering if anybody got dollar at that rate of N209 in the last 3mnths form any bank.

This DCC got stopped long before now.
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 25, 2016
solid3:

But I'm just wondering if anybody got dollar at that rate of N209 in the last 3mnths form any bank.

when you see a young guy driving a nice suv and conclude he is into yahoo yahoo because you don't know what he does, you are misjudging. you simply don't have a powerful information that he has and he is using that info ( which he can't share with anyone so he enjoys the benefit of the info) to make serious money..

Im sure you must have seen many people selling foreign currencies at a cheaper rate than any bank in different forms on nairaland but you might not buy then cos you feel you they are yahoo boys.... they simply have info on how to get it cheaper which you don't have and using it to make cool cash.

INFORMATION IS KEY TO SURVIVAL IN THIS CURRENT NIGERIA
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by solid3(m): 4:27pm On May 25, 2016
tumababa:

when you see a young guy driving a nice suv and conclude he is into yahoo yahoo because you don't know what he does, you are misjudging. you simply don't have a powerful information that he has and he is using that info ( which he can't share with anyone so he enjoys the benefit of the info) to make serious money..

Im sure you must have seen many people selling foreign currencies at a cheaper rate than any bank in different forms on nairaland but you might not buy then cos you feel you they are yahoo boys.... they simply have info on how to get it cheaper which you don't have and using it to make cool cash.

I drive a Rover, which one do u drive and how do u make money? Sharing will not stop u from further earnings, we all brothers on NL u know.

I dey wait.

1 Like

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Jdesigns(m): 4:59pm On May 25, 2016
solid3:

Yes bro

It was stopped and later some banks allowed it to pass through

The secret is to test it every month with 1$ Amazon gift card to know which banks accepts It or not.

Trust me you might get lucky and dance while you also keep the bank that allows it to yourself

1 Like

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Jdesigns(m): 5:01pm On May 25, 2016
tumababa:

when you see a young guy driving a nice suv. you simply don't have a powerful information that he has and he is using that info ( which he can't share with anyone so he enjoys the benefit of the info) to make serious

Tumababa

Mesef wan upgrade my ride to a 2016 model

I no mind if we rob minds
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 25, 2016
Jdesigns:

Tumababa

Mesef wan upgrade my ride to a 2016 model

I no mind if we rob minds

lol. i wasn't using myself as an example oo. i was just speaking generally.... one needs info in this naija
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by bimppyola: 7:28pm On May 25, 2016
Jdesigns:

@solid3

You got it all wrong, let me explain what DCC means.

DCC is called dynamic currency conversion where the website you buying from converts what ever you are buying to naira and enables you pay in Naira.

This conversion is done by using CBN rate and addition of + or - 30 depending on the website you buying from do at the end of the day you will he paying cheaper than the bank rate itself.

Stanbic was doing DCC on amazon so buying on amazon will cost you 209N to a dollar and stanbic was charging 295 at that time.

The issue now is that stanbic as stopped DCC on their card so you can't get 208 on amazon again.

I hope this helps you wink

@tumababa

I think he just needed a little help to understand your side of the story. grin

Excellent

You people should learn how to explain things even a zombie wld understand
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 25, 2016
For those rushing to open standard chartered account. I have news for you.

Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Jdesigns(m): 11:08pm On May 25, 2016
tumababa:

lol. i wasn't using myself as an example oo. i was just speaking generally.... one needs info in this naija

Chai, my hands and legs don fall

Was already dreaming of a 2017 c class.

Well hustle na hustle na God's blessings ontop sure pass
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Jdesigns(m): 11:10pm On May 25, 2016
bimppyola:

Excellent

You people should learn how to explain things even a zombie wld understand

E no easy o

If for say e easy na everybody go dey explain

Had to use about 10 different dictionary from longman to Websters as to construction and weld the English together tongue
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by tony231(m): 12:07am On May 26, 2016
Wats ur amazon gift card price
Re: The Naira Watch (TNW) -> Strictly Monitoring Naira Exchange Rates by Nobody: 2:18am On May 26, 2016
tony231:
Wats ur amazon gift card price

Whatsapp 08053250698

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (35) (Reply)

How To Get Dollar Into Your Domiciliary Account / How To Verify Your Bank BVN On Phone; MTN, Airtel, Etisalat & Glo / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.